Commander Soulstones... from pve?

Arhangelos

they shoud've added Soulstones to IDL, OW, IWW.
Instead they gave up 5.x content and the possibility of making a 5.9 patch.

The Tiamaranta's Eye was (almost) a giveaway event for people get their endgame gear fast so they can explode everything with 6.0 patch

(not our case, btw LOL)

4 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Your comparison to the old days of grinding abyss forts to get PVP became invalid once Aion changed its game design to introduce PVE and PVP instances, a very long time ago. Up until then, it was absolutely true, the fastest way to get PVP gear was via the forts (PVE).

However, as now more than one person has pointed out, the instances that  give PVP rewards in PVE instances (GP) have had adjustments (GP removed) to reflect the game design i.e. PVE instance = PVE rewards, PVP instance = PVP rewards.

Foe PVP players, it is a matter of fairness that this is also adjusted in FM, as was done in other instances, in this specific case it's for purification mats. Either remove it, or adjust it so that only 1 drops instead of a bundle  - that would be much fairer.

What are you talking about, there always was PvE (e.g. Dark Poeta) and PvP Instances (Dredgion). Just that later more content (aka new instances) was added.

That matter of fairness, don't want to sound disrepectful, btu how come only unkown "PvP"ers are complaining? All the known PvPers who are good enough to run FM don't complain.

And if you only want PvP there is a well known option for it (known as !Aion), where you can PvP all day without having to bother with PvE

6 hours ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

What are you talking about, there always was PvE (e.g. Dark Poeta) and PvP Instances (Dredgion). Just that later more content (aka new instances) was added.

That matter of fairness, don't want to sound disrepectful, btu how come only unkown "PvP"ers are complaining? All the known PvPers who are good enough to run FM don't complain.

And if you only want PvP there is a well known option for it (known as !Aion), where you can PvP all day without having to bother with PvE

You know,  when you have to include something like " don't want to sound disrespectful" you probably ARE saying something that is. 

Most players in Aion do both PVE and PVP,  and aren't looking to do only PVP, or go to a private server. The rewards from this instance are unbalanced, that's the point of this discussion.

3 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

You know,  when you have to include something like " don't want to sound disrespectful" you probably ARE saying something that is. 

Most players in Aion do both PVE and PVP,  and aren't looking to do only PVP, or go to a private server. The rewards from this instance are unbalanced, that's the point of this discussion.

1. Well some people think it's disrespectful when you tell them they are not as good as they think they are, hence why I said that. So it's not "probably me saying sth disrespectful" but them "feeling hurt in their pride and thus thinking it's disrespectful".

2. In what way is it unbalanced to get a reward for beating the, at the moment, (arguably) hardest PvE instance, that gives reward that are needed for getting PVE gray wolf accessories as well. It's way more unbalanced that you would get rewards for "beating" AFK groups in Evergale, or random alliances with a geared premade in Evergale, or  rewards for pairing low-geared groups with high-geared groups. Because THAT is no real work, unlike beating FM

30 minutes ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

1. Well some people think it's disrespectful when you tell them they are not as good as they think they are, hence why I said that. So it's not "probably me saying sth disrespectful" but them "feeling hurt in their pride and thus thinking it's disrespectful".

2. In what way is it unbalanced to get a reward for beating the, at the moment, (arguably) hardest PvE instance, that gives reward that are needed for getting PVE gray wolf accessories as well. It's way more unbalanced that you would get rewards for "beating" AFK groups in Evergale, or random alliances with a geared premade in Evergale, or  rewards for pairing low-geared groups with high-geared groups. Because THAT is no real work, unlike beating FM

You really can't compare the difficulty of a PVE instance with your own static  6 man group,  on discord, to a 96  person instance where you have control on who enters or who you will match up against, and where you have very poor communication with the league members. You can't be serious. Sometimes it can be easy, sometimes it is far from easy.

23 hours ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

Excuse me, you lost all credibility, because of the above mentioned points.

Aion has always been like this: needing PvE to PvP. Just it was (almost) never an high-end instance that gave you the items needed. It was usually an instance that most people could manage somehow (like for evergales). That's not the case for FM. You cant beat FM with PUGs (usually) and you can't beat it average/casual people because you lack the burst for the Pelida/Ascension double spawn or the coordination.

So how come you only mention FM??? How come you don't complain that you get omegas, temperings, kinah etc.pp. all the stuff you need in huge amounts for PvP and that you don't get from pvp? 

I tell you why: because you can manage to get those somehow from PvE. But you can't manage FM and THATS the only reason you complain here.

Aion has always been like this?  YOU BET IT WAS and we kept asking for changes that later came. You seem to enjoy it, are you a pve hero who love to get pvp affiliated items via a safe instance? Aion has always had flaws and we always had suggestions that later on were implemented.

It is people like you that never cared for a change for a better game, you came to a post about a pve instance that gives the most wanted pvp rewards, that no other pvp instance gives (apart from EC) and you came here to tell us that it has always been like this so we should take it in the ass and enjoy it?

My complaint is that I have to try to do a pve instance for something I need for pvp. I do not want to do FM, I do not want to have to do FM, I do not want to learn how to do FM... because I want to get soul stones and that shouldn't have to be from a pve instance.

If you enjoy a pve instance giving pvp rewards, go ahead and make your statement, your logic is flawed and it will be fixed at some point at least in 6.0. Go ahead and enjoy your safe pve rewards for pvp while it lasts, people like you get fixed in later updates.

~~~
They can't put soul stones in every instance because then it will be easy for everyone to get, so they chose only a few to give them... they did a poo poo putting it in a pve instance. THIS is my complaint.

I also never did BOS, because I am not interested in upgrading pve equipment nor am I interested in a pve instance or the pve rewards it gives. I have never been in my life there, I never did fortress barracks either (while they still had them). Not interested in hitting mobs for some rewards. If they put pvp soul stones there you would have seen another post about that flaw. I do not want to go to BOS or FM or Mirash or anything.

I AM complaining about another pve instance they chose to award the pvp rewards. Remove it from FM and put it in ANY pvp instance, easy or hard, for all I care, it will be more difficult to get the soul stones because in a pvp instance only one team wins when in a pve you just do it and get those.

Get it?

6 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

You can turn soulstones into Gray Wolfs, that's a Pve thing.

Also, you can use GW to buy omegas and temperings (if im not wrong, long time not doing the camps) at camps.

This is another mistake they did. You turn soul stones into gray wolf marks and then buy the pouches to turn it again into pvp soul stones. But somehow getting gray wolf is as easy as afk since people afk in evergale and still get the soul stones. Which is another flaw and we made a ton of posts and suggestions for afking (one of them was that they implemented the kicking ability)

PvP soul stones and Graywolf marks should be irrelevant to each other and there we are, having pvp and pve items interchangeable.

20 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You really can't compare the difficulty of a PVE instance with your own static  6 man group,  on discord, to a 96  person instance where you have control on who enters or who you will match up against, and where you have very poor communication with the league members. You can't be serious. Sometimes it can be easy, sometimes it is far from easy.

Gratz for ignoring the afk groups and undergeared groups part. More often than not you don't get good groups in evergale. At least I didn't

14 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

1. You seem to enjoy it, are you a pve hero who love to get pvp affiliated items via a safe instance? Aion has always had flaws and we always had suggestions that later on were implemented.

2. It is people like you that never cared for a change for a better game, you came to a post about a pve instance that gives the most wanted pvp rewards, that no other pvp instance gives (apart from EC) and you came here to tell us that it has always been like this so we should take it in the ass and enjoy it?

3. My complaint is that I have to try to do a pve instance for something I need for pvp. I do not want to do FM, I do not want to have to do FM, I do not want to learn how to do FM... because I want to get soul stones and that shouldn't have to be from a pve instance.

4. If you enjoy a pve instance giving pvp rewards, go ahead and make your statement, your logic is flawed and it will be fixed at some point at least in 6.0. Go ahead and enjoy your safe pve rewards for pvp while it lasts, people like you get fixed in later updates.

~~~
5. They can't put soul stones in every instance because then it will be easy for everyone to get, so they chose only a few to give them... they did a poo poo putting it in a pve instance. THIS is my complaint.

6. I also never did BOS, because I am not interested in upgrading pve equipment nor am I interested in a pve instance or the pve rewards it gives. I have never been in my life there, I never did fortress barracks either (while they still had them). Not interested in hitting mobs for some rewards. If they put pvp soul stones there you would have seen another post about that flaw. I do not want to go to BOS or FM or Mirash or anything.

7. I AM complaining about another pve instance they chose to award the pvp rewards. Remove it from FM and put it in ANY pvp instance, easy or hard, for all I care, it will be more difficult to get the soul stones because in a pvp instance only one team wins when in a pve you just do it and get those.

Get it?

1. And who are you to judge that Aion has "flaws"? Just because it doesn't taste your particular style and how you want the game to be, doesn't mean that it is a flaw. Let me repeat myself, if you only want to pick the PvP part, you are always free to go to a private server, that has ONLY PvP. No PvE there.

2/4. It is people like you who think that only their way of enjoying the game (PvP only) is the only one that should be valid and included. Let me ask you again, who are you to judge? Up until 6.0 Aion designers followed a different approach to the game design. And again: who are you to judge? Even if they changed this approach in 6.0, untying PvE and PvP, it doesnt that the current way it is, is flawed. It's a different approach. And again: WHo are you to judge? If you don't like it there are other options for you to choose till 6.0

3. Yes correct. YOU do not want to run FM/BoS or whatever instance. YOU do not want to learn it. YOU. thanks for clearing that up for yourself.

5. Welcome to the wall in Aion, which seperates some people from the others. Cry more that you can't cross it :)

6. But clearly you are interested in the rewards from FM. And now you cry cuz you can't get them.

7. I get that you Q_Q and think that only your point of view is correct. Whereas all those bad designers are just looking at it in a flawed way. Cry more please :)

Frozen monolith is so easy once you get an ok group of people, its not rocket science if people like voxxer and red can even pass it with little to no braincells and lots of baby raging. The whole 5 runs takes like 45minutes and really is just a minor annoyance. Evergale on the other hand takes like 10minutes just to pop into a quick entry group. Ty aiononline.com for making pvp gear ez for a lil guy like me

This is like the broker fees suggestion I made back when the fees were too much and people like you came here to tell me I am an idiot for suggesting. Then they shut their mouths when the broker fees were finally changed. Can you stop commenting on suggestions and constructive posts?

The only reason I cared to know what FM is is because of the pvp rewards I am interested. I realized it is more of a hustle than I thought.

@Decalcomania-KT I suggest you to enjoy your pve as much as you can, they are fixking it in the end, I was hoping they would separate pvp and pve earlier. Do your thing.
When they do change the rewards in pve instances and separate them from pvp rewards, I guess you guys will have a problem because our "cries" will be heard. I'll wait, NCSoft will fix your logic in the end.

And who am I to judge? WHO THE F^CK ARE YOU TO COME HERE AND JYDGE? I am a gamer of aion and I suggest constructive things to make pvp and pve more reasonable and you are here judging people. Can you please gtfo because pve and pvp mixed rewards in pvp and pve instances and you are the problem ehre that enjoys this. You are like those people who enjoy the afk ability on instances and events.

@Pandastein-DN yes I mentioned that I got my soul stones only from EC because it is the only pvp instance that gives them and I haven't been in a pve instance that is more of a hustle than I thought.

Im sure everybody and their moms know that pvp and pve rewards will be separated ik 6.0, so, why bother to bring that matter here? This is 5.X, the probably won't change that drop if we are near the end of the patch (and probably we gonna get commander and masrer harvesters boxes from the next events).

7 hours ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

Gratz for ignoring the afk groups and undergeared groups part. More often than not you don't get good groups in evergale. At least I didn't

1. And who are you to judge that Aion has "flaws"? Just because it doesn't taste your particular style and how you want the game to be, doesn't mean that it is a flaw. Let me repeat myself, if you only want to pick the PvP part, you are always free to go to a private server, that has ONLY PvP. No PvE there.

2/4. It is people like you who think that only their way of enjoying the game (PvP only) is the only one that should be valid and included. Let me ask you again, who are you to judge? Up until 6.0 Aion designers followed a different approach to the game design. And again: who are you to judge? Even if they changed this approach in 6.0, untying PvE and PvP, it doesnt that the current way it is, is flawed. It's a different approach. And again: WHo are you to judge? If you don't like it there are other options for you to choose till 6.0

3. Yes correct. YOU do not want to run FM/BoS or whatever instance. YOU do not want to learn it. YOU. thanks for clearing that up for yourself.

5. Welcome to the wall in Aion, which seperates some people from the others. Cry more that you can't cross it :)

6. But clearly you are interested in the rewards from FM. And now you cry cuz you can't get them.

7. I get that you Q_Q and think that only your point of view is correct. Whereas all those bad designers are just looking at it in a flawed way. Cry more please :)

Look at your first sentence- you just undercut your whole argument. The point being that even a well made pre-made alliance has no control over the other alliances - that's up to 3x 24 people - not to mention the 96 others that they will face. They may not even get a full league. Therein lies the degree of difficulty that you will never face in FM.

You brought up the point of people being AFK- that's a whole other discussion, and has been brought up multiple times in other threads. With respect to undergeared people, hey shouldn't be kicked unless they were AFK ( disclaimer- if you  enter EC without PVP gear at level 69, prepare to get 2-shot, don't  blame your cleric).

There's nothing wrong with anyone saying that they see a problem with  instance rewards (or other game issues). Flaws are personal,anyone can make that decision for themselves. Evidently enough people agreed that past game decisions were flaws (e.g. removal of Katalam, Danaria)   since they've moved on. Telling someone to "move on" doesn't help anyone. Enough people "move on" and the game dies. Everyone is free to "judge" as you phrase it,  the  community manager should receive this feedback and then forward a recommendation to the development team, or get back to us accordingly with their decision.

1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

Look at your first sentence- you just undercut your whole argument. The point being that even a well made pre-made alliance has no control over the other alliances - that's up to 3x 24 people - not to mention the 96 others that they will face. They may not even get a full league. Therein lies the degree of difficulty that you will never face in FM.

You brought up the point of people being AFK- that's a whole other discussion, and has been brought up multiple times in other threads. With respect to undergeared people, hey shouldn't be kicked unless they were AFK ( disclaimer- if you  enter EC without PVP gear at level 69, prepare to get 2-shot, don't  blame your cleric).

There's nothing wrong with anyone saying that they see a problem with  instance rewards (or other game issues). Flaws are personal,anyone can make that decision for themselves. Evidently enough people agreed that past game decisions were flaws (e.g. removal of Katalam, Danaria)   since they've moved on. Telling someone to "move on" doesn't help anyone. Enough people "move on" and the game dies. Everyone is free to "judge" as you phrase it,  the  community manager should receive this feedback and then forward a recommendation to the development team, or get back to us accordingly with their decision.

This:

4 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

Just checked your other post

So basically, this is a "If I can't run FM and get soulstones, then nobody will" scenario.

Can't take someone serious who repeatedly in different threads was sayin that he doesn't have people to carry him to FM and then suddenly starts how FM shouldn't have PvP awards ;)

So, everytime is see Arxa-blahblah's name, there's usually a deluge of complaining attached.  So not disappoint. 

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that maybe NCSoft wants you to play the entire game?  That's what I've always gotten with PVE to get stuff for PVP.  Because you just don't get to instantly gear and skip all the parts to PVP.  There's much more to the game.  What always gets me is the PVP queens being like, "PVE is easy, that's why I don't do it."  And they whine and moan, and refuse to do it, but then once the PVE is nerfed a billion times they suddenly are ready to ( begrudgingly ) run the instances.  I wonder where some of ya'll get all your omegas and temps between events.  Or manastones and chronostones.  PVP doesn't make kinah.  Got to PVE to get that stuff ANYWAYS, so why is it such a problem that 50% of the mats you can obtain in a week come from a challenging PVE instance?  You should be running a lot of the instances already to be hunting those omegas, temps, supplements, manastone bits and bobs, etc, etc, etc.  But I have a feeling a lot of the people complaining they can't instantly gear up is because they rely on the credit card to buy their omegas, temps, and other items to sell for kinah to buy manastones and whatever else they can't buy from BCM, but you can't buy the soulstones ( yet ).  

Make yourself an FM group.  It's a six man instance.  Not that hard to find people.  There are a lot of people still looking for statics, put your heads together and spend time learning the instance.  Even if you have to do several weeks of disappointment and rubbish runs, it's something to do when you can't spam evergale and complain about kicking afk'ers.  I put in A LOT of time going with questionable groups just to get spots in FM groups, and even now I don't always have a solid plan of what I'm doing with FM.  My schedule is nuts, I don't have the ability to even say yes to a static if I want to.  I'm basically the fill ho of the DN Asmo side, and it's okay.  

I'm sorry, I like that NCSoft has added an incentive to work on some other aspect of the game to make it easier to gear up for another.  Why do you think you should be geared just as quick as people who are spending time on the full game?  

Archived