Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Neleth-KT

Ranger with dual wield serious damage ?

Recommended Posts

Hi today I just went DL with a ranger who using dual wield all the way until boss.
I wonder if we can considering dual wield ranger seriously ? maybe with mauform and some weaving could considerable serious damage ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dmg/dps: Me 954.163 (5.360)

Holy cow it's really impressed with 2x+0 Apollo daggers.
I spam skills with bow and got only 850k dps at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried it with Apollo +0 dagger + Apollo +0 sword with mauform and yes, it does a great considerable damage, i want to upgrade that duals to master harvest for try again xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to some 6.0 reports, they say the melee attack skills will be removed from rangers... Not sure if that's true or not depending whether they datamined the new skill info correctly or not... (The melee skills come from Ranger's base class - Scout)

Edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're not removed according to mouseclic but it's not upgrade after change class to ranger it stay low level.

However I doubt if this is worth in 6.0 since auto attacks are much weaker than skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goat-KT   

yes double master harvester dual wield is the optimal weapon choice for rangers in pve + enchanted pve accs you will outdps bow with just auto attacks haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

According to some 6.0 reports, they say the melee attack skills will be removed from rangers... Not sure if that's true or not depending whether they datamined the new skill info correctly or not... (The melee skills come from Ranger's base class - Scout)

Just tried out EU PTS 6.2.

The 3 non-conditional melee skills are now replaced by bow skills as you class change from Scout to Ranger.

Note that even if they keep these skills, the skill damage is very low anyway, as Weapon Attack is no longer used to calculate physical attack skills damage.

At low levels, Devotion is very useful while dual wielding, which now gives +1500 green attack (now called weapon attack) on each hand. On a ranger that's +2812 average damage per attack for 7 seconds! Note: This bonus does not work with attack skills so you will not be weaving anyway, just auto attack only for the Devotion's duration.

The new Physical Attack stat (basically a physical version of Magic Boost) affects both normal attacks and attack skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Just tried out EU PTS 6.2.

The 3 non-conditional melee skills are now replaced by bow skills as you class change from Scout to Ranger.

Note that even if they keep these skills, the skill damage is very low anyway, as Weapon Attack is no longer used to calculate physical attack skills damage.

At low levels, Devotion is very useful while dual wielding, which now gives +1500 green attack (now called weapon attack) on each hand. On a ranger that's +2812 average damage per attack for 7 seconds! Note: This bonus does not work with attack skills so you will not be weaving anyway, just auto attack only for the Devotion's duration.

The new Physical Attack stat (basically a physical version of Magic Boost) affects both normal attacks and attack skills.

Are you sure about physical attack stat affected both auto attack and skills ?

I thought physical damage only affected skills while attack of weapon affected auto attack that's why auto attack is very bad in 6.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Physical attack stat affect physical auto attacks too.

Test using level 14 Chanter (Power: 110) against Inggision Training Dummy

  • Mace
  • Mastery: 28%
  • Weapon damage: 20-30
    • Physical Attack: 0
      • Damage: 27-41
    • Physical Attack: 409
      • Damage: 35-53
  • Weapon damage: 47-71
    • Physical Attack: 720
      • Damage: 90-136

 

Magical auto attacks are now affected by Magical Attack (Magic Boost) too.

Test using level 15 Spiritmaster (Knowledge: 115) against Inggision Training Dummy

  • Spellbook
  • Mastery: 2%
  • Weapon damage: 39-43
    • Magical Attack: 311
      • Damage: 57-63
    • Magical Attack: 728
      • Damage: 74-81
  • Crit spell 50
    • Not a single crit after over 500 attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

The new Physical attack stat affect physical auto attacks too.

Test using level 14 Chanter (Power: 110) against Inggision Training Dummy

  • Mace
  • Mastery: 28%
  • Weapon damage: 20-30
    • Physical Attack: 0
      • Damage: 27-41
    • Physical Attack: 409
      • Damage: 35-53
  • Weapon damage: 47-71
    • Physical Attack: 720
      • Damage: 90-136

 

Magical auto attacks are now affected by Magical Attack (Magic Boost) too.

Test using level 15 Spiritmaster (Knowledge: 115) against Inggision Training Dummy

  • Spellbook
  • Mastery: 2%
  • Weapon damage: 39-43
    • Magical Attack: 311
      • Damage: 57-63
    • Magical Attack: 728
      • Damage: 74-81
  • Crit spell 50
    • Not a single crit after over 500 attacks

Sorry I didn't see test of mace physical attack 0 and 409 anyway even physical attack affected auto attack I still believing weaving suck in 6.0 ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went through more of the 6.2 PTS...

Found out that several types of monsters have ridiculously high physical defense that the player's effective physical attack is reduced to zero.

  • effective physical attack = physical attack - physical defense.
  • effective physical attack cannot be negative

In these cases it will be useful to switch to dual wield, pop devotion (+1500 auto attack damage per hand), and auto attack these pesky high defense monsters. (switch back to your bow when your devotion runs out). The +1500 attack bonus from Devotion is not affected by Physical Attack or Physical Defense.

 

Edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But is it worth to switch weapons back and forth ?

I mean devotion animation is 2 sec that's why they increased duration to 7 sec switch weapons back to bow is another 1 second that's like 4 seconds and u still have to be in melee range too ? to be honest I think I'll keep dual wield with breaking gate with 1 dmg and using bow all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, in patch 5.8 ranger has very little mele skills, good luck ......... i think ranger is a ranged player (who make his hits from distance) not auto attack

Edited by Spirithq-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×