Getting in to PvE Late. Help Appreciated.

Wishy-KT

So I'm level 73, always been here for the pvp.  But since the release of the 75 level cap, i rushed to 73 with literally only fissure and luna during exp events in the hopes that I'd get to pvp sooner and was pretty sad to find out that due to the state of the game, a very casual player like myself is gonna have a much harder time gearing up to pvp with the way the current enchanting system works. My gear is decent enough for group instances assuming the opposing team isn't full +20 75ap etc. 

I have decided that I might feel more achievement by trying to gear up for pve and getting to the top there, while also hopefully getting decent exp along the way so that maybe by the time I'm 75, I'll have an easier time focusing on getting geared for pvp (which by then I'm sure 6.0 will be out so hopefully it'll be easier with what i understand will be a more level playing field).

My question. What pve gear (73 assassin) should get me to a good starting point for maxing out my pve specs (i realize it'll still take tempering and omegas to get to the top)? Currently starting out with the following.

+15 sophisticated frigida dagger/sword

+15 sophisticated jerkin/legs

And I've purchased a bunch of (from what i could tell) the highest tier apollon boots, gloves, shoulders and accessories. The armor pieces will be at least +10 in no time easily enough, and not sure if i should enchant the accessories if it'll be easier to get gray wolf or harvesters accessories before enchanting apollon accessories will give me any benefit. 

My next question for anyone that knows assassin specs for these instances, should i be going with the classic attack/crit manastones or will i benefit more from socketing power and precision (as i have plenty of +7's)?

And lastly, what recommended stats should i have without buffs for attack/crit/accuracy/hp/mr/ma/or msupp?

I know I'm asking a lot here but if I'm gonna stick with a game that I've loved off and on this long (beta player) then maybe i should try dedicating my time to another aspect of the game that will make me feel accomplished until i think PvP is a viable option again. 

Thanks, 

Wishy

4 hours ago, Wishy-KT said:

Currently starting out with the following.

+15 sophisticated frigida dagger/sword

+15 sophisticated jerkin/legs

And I've purchased a bunch of (from what i could tell) the highest tier apollon boots, gloves, shoulders and accessories. The armor pieces will be at least +10 in no time easily enough

This is a good starting point. Apollon and Sophisticated Frigida are about equal to each other with a few exceptions depending on gear piece and class. Your current endgame goal for PvE will be Master Harvester. This is obtained by purifying either +15 Apollon or +10 Harvester -- regular Harvester is obtained from the instance Bastion of Souls or the broker/events.

not sure if i should enchant the accessories if it'll be easier to get gray wolf or harvesters accessories before enchanting apollon accessories will give me any benefit.

Gray Wolf accessories are the best in the game for PvE. Their stats are the same as Harvester accessories. However, their benefit is that Gray Wolf tempers to PvE % whereas Harvester tempers to PvP %. So if you enchant your Gray Wolf earrings and necklace? Hella PvE attack %. Rings and waist band will give you PvE defense %. You can easily obtain Gray Wolf accessories by running the mass PvP instance that is up for 3-4 hours every day, Evergale Canyon (looks like blue/red flags icon by your skill bars). The purple soulstones you get from winning Evergale can be converted to Gray Wolf marks at one of the npcs in Norsvold/Iluma. Four wins in Evergale = one ring. *You do not have to be PvP geared to run Evergale Canyon.*

My next question for anyone that knows assassin specs for these instances, should i be going with the classic attack/crit manastones or will i benefit more from socketing power and precision (as i have plenty of +7's)?

And lastly, what recommended stats should i have without buffs for attack/crit/accuracy/hp/mr/ma/or msupp?

Can't help you with stats since I don't have an assassin. However, for Bastion of Souls, most alliances will require you to have at least 20k HP unbuffed. The first boss does high damage AoE hits and you will be one-shot if your HP is not high enough.

56 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This is a good starting point. Apollon and Sophisticated Frigida are about equal to each other with a few exceptions depending on gear piece and class. Your current endgame goal for PvE will be Master Harvester. This is obtained by purifying either +15 Apollon or +10 Harvester -- regular Harvester is obtained from the instance Bastion of Souls or the broker/events.

Gray Wolf accessories are the best in the game for PvE. Their stats are the same as Harvester accessories. However, their benefit is that Gray Wolf tempers to PvE % whereas Harvester tempers to PvP %. So if you enchant your Gray Wolf earrings and necklace? Hella PvE attack %. Rings and waist band will give you PvE defense %. You can easily obtain Gray Wolf accessories by running the mass PvP instance that is up for 3-4 hours every day, Evergale Canyon (looks like blue/red flags icon by your skill bars). The purple soulstones you get from winning Evergale can be converted to Gray Wolf marks at one of the npcs in Norsvold/Iluma. Four wins in Evergale = one ring. *You do not have to be PvP geared to run Evergale Canyon.*

Can't help you with stats since I don't have an assassin. However, for Bastion of Souls, most alliances will require you to have at least 20k HP unbuffed. The first boss does high damage AoE hits and you will be one-shot if your HP is not high enough.

Correction. You should have some PVP  gear to run Evergale Canyon. That does not mean +20 or even  a full +15 abyss set, but please don't enter without ANY PVP gear.

Entereing without any PVP gear is (1)  not going to be fun for you, and (2) more importantly, not fair to anyone else in your alliance. You shouldn't be kicked but you'll die a lot.

46 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Correction. You should have some PVP  gear to run Evergale Canyon. That does not mean +20 or even  a full +15 abyss set, but please don't enter without ANY PVP gear.

Entereing without any PVP gear is (1)  not going to be fun for you, and (2) more importantly, not fair to anyone else in your alliance. You shouldn't be kicked but you'll die a lot.

There are plenty of fresh 66s in Evergale. While I agree that it is good to have some PvP gear, remember that everyone has to start somewhere. You don't magically have PvP gear right off the bat. Well... unless you got lucky in the recent Daeva Dash event, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

There are plenty of fresh 66s in Evergale. While I agree that it is good to have some PvP gear, remember that everyone has to start somewhere. You don't magically have PvP gear right off the bat. Well... unless you got lucky in the recent Daeva Dash event, I guess.

Absolutely agree, anyone is free to enter EC  with whatever gear, and at whatever level is permitted. However,  that doesn't mean that it's the logical place to start to gear up. 

And I don't see "plenty" of fresh 66s in EC, they usually figure out that dying over and over isn't much fun.

Not really. You will die anyway if you jump into a big zerg with your own zerg. You will die anyway if you get mowed by a full alliance against yourself. Honestly, you can always decline PvP and join the group that deals with the bosses. 

38 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Not really. You will die anyway if you jump into a big zerg with your own zerg. You will die anyway if you get mowed by a full alliance against yourself. Honestly, you can always decline PvP and join the group that deals with the bosses. 

The chances of a geared and experienced group of  at least level 72s  providing any help in EC=  can be good to excellent.

A group of 66 (even rerolls)  providing any help is low to zero. Your league doesn't need them to PVE unless the other league has completely given up. If the other league is still PVPing, those 66s will either die on the way to the bosses, will die at the bosses, or may not even follow or figure out how to get to the bosses..

50 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

So for new players without any PvP gears, do you think 30e Abyss (Elite Archon/Guardian Squad Leader) gear will be better than Apollon for the purpose of Evergale?

You can always just get the Spinel Coin set, the level 70 version that doesnt cost medals.

8 hours ago, Wishy-KT said:

And lastly, what recommended stats should i have without buffs for attack/crit/accuracy/hp/mr/ma/or msupp

for pve you want to hit 1400 crit with food / scrolls depending on the food you use and i would just get apollon gear socketed with power / prec 6 stones

5 minutes ago, waffles-DN said:

for pve you want to hit 1400 crit with food / scrolls depending on the food you use and i would just get apollon gear socketed with power / prec 6 stones

Should I go half/half?  Or more power than precision?

Also, is there a certain amount of accuracy I'll need? I can also invest my essence points in to PvE stats for the time being, and just switch them to pvp when I'm in evergale.

3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Is going with +15 apollon instead of +10 harvesters going to be harder to purify; will I need more of a certain material to purify them than I would with harvesters?

So pretty much itll be quick enough for me to get gray wolf accessories that it would not be worth enchanting apollon accessories?

And finally, as an assassin if I dont have 20k HP unbuffed, is the AoE attack a physical attack that can be dodged or a magical attack that can be resisted? That might give me a bit of leeway on stats so that it would be easier for me to get in to a group for such. 

And my PvP gear is currently some +10 level 70 abyss stuff that I bought pretty close to release of that patch. So its not horrible but it definitely wont stand up to some plates or other sins/rangers in +15-20 75 abyss stuff. I also have +2-+4 IDL accessories and a +4 arena hat sooo I'm not doing tooooo bad on pvp accessories. Still rubbish but less rubbish than garbage.

7 minutes ago, Wishy-KT said:

Should I go half/half?  Or more power than precision?

Also, is there a certain amount of accuracy I'll need? I can also invest my essence points in to PvE stats for the time being, and just switch them to pvp when I'm in evergale.

Is going with +15 apollon instead of +10 harvesters going to be harder to purify; will I need more of a certain material to purify them than I would with harvesters?

So pretty much itll be quick enough for me to get gray wolf accessories that it would not be worth enchanting apollon accessories?

And finally, as an assassin if I dont have 20k HP unbuffed, is the AoE attack a physical attack that can be dodged or a magical attack that can be resisted? That might give me a bit of leeway on stats so that it would be easier for me to get in to a group for such. 

And my PvP gear is currently some +10 level 70 abyss stuff that I bought pretty close to release of that patch. So its not horrible but it definitely wont stand up to some plates or other sins/rangers in +15-20 75 abyss stuff. I also have +2-+4 IDL accessories and a +4 arena hat sooo I'm not doing tooooo bad on pvp accessories. Still rubbish but less rubbish than garbage.

You can switch your stats from PVE to PVP as you said, enchanting your essence cores will help you if you are lower level (as you likely won't have many points).

My understanding is going via the Apollon path is more cost-efficient with respect to materials. Theres should be a thread you can search on as the calculations have already been done, it's likely in Powerbook too.

you know,  a lot of people appreciate that someone is working on improving their gear and asks questions, you'll probably find that you get get into some good groups that will help you.. It's the people who don't ask the questions s that  a lot people get impatient with ^_^

1 hour ago, Wishy-KT said:

No and no. Don't waste your temperings enchanting the Apollon accessories, imo. The BoS 1st boss attacks cannot be evaded. The only things that help lessen their damage are PVE defense % (from Apollon/Harvester gear) and shields from chanter/templar/etc.

Currently with all my PvE gear that I have equipped, my unbuffed stats sit at the following:

Attack 1000/1012

Crit 1474/1424

Accuracy 4763/4701

MA 2250

HP 19824

I really dont think thats too bad considering the apollon stuff isnt enchanted at all. All I would need to hit 20k hp is either a couple points in health, or the event npc hp buff thats always up. Any opinions? Gear isnt even totally socketed yet so I might benefit from more attack if I socket my last 8 slots with some power instead of precision. Even a few enchantment levels on the apollon pieces will get me 20khp

Archived