Is Aion Dying...

bAnthony-DN

40 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Sua opinião pessoal não é fato. Há uma razão pela qual Aion mudou para o fofo, e é porque a demografia deles exigiu isso. Se a base de consumidores domésticos quiser, eles vão fornecer. A razão pela qual o jogo está falhando é por causa de outras decisões questionáveis, não porque eles decidiram incluir emotes adoráveis e fantasias.

Fact is what is independent of my or your opinion and can be proven by yourself. It is not my opinion that it is a fact, but the elements introduced by NCS in the game. I'm talking about animals and cuddly critters that made the game more comic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gwin-DN said:

Everything I wrote is a fact and I'm very sorry.

Sometimes I wonder. How can there be a building with several people. Marketing teams, creative teams, development, support, infrastructure, financial and etc. So many people and no one to say ... Stop it!

A few years ago I thought that AION could become a movie, but looking at the game now is simply impossible. 

Certainly an AION movie would be a big flop, because AION lost the ability to be anything serious.

There was a time when I thought of AION as the movie "The Lord of the Rings". Now with so many pets and cute things I can only think of: "Mars attacks".

Hi, we hashed out earlier why the game is dying.

It wasn't the cutesy things that killed it.

The cutesy things have been around since 2.0.

90% certain the cutesy things are toward the bottom of everyone's list on "Why Aion is Dying."

2 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

If you look at the timestamp of the newest post (sort by "New"), as of this booth, for both r/aion and r/Wildstar, the bottom (25th) post of the first page are 13 days old.

And if going by NCWest's General Discussion forums, Wildstar's one is much less active than the Aion one.

That is why I was saying its more of an indication of a games interest level. You really have no other info because companies do not give out daily player base like steam does.

However what you can get from that information is that when and if an update happens in Wildstar 20,000+ people will probably see or hear about it from friends while Aion has 3k people that will hear about it. This to me is why Aion is truly dying/ not having people returning out of interest from a new update. Other games have many people quit only to return 3-6 months later however with Aion that does not seem to be the case and the only thing that Aion does not have going for it is Social media. 

6 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Oi, nós falamos antes porque o jogo está morrendo.

Não foram as coisas bonitinhas que a mataram.

As coisas fofas existem desde o 2.0.

90% de certeza de que as coisas engraçadas estão na parte inferior da lista de todos em "Por que Aion está morrendo".

The reasons are adverse. The cute things are only +1 step, but the fact of the game is not more serious had great weight.

1 minute ago, Gwin-DN said:

The reasons are adverse. The cute things are only +1 step, but the fact of the game is not more serious had great weight.

No, sweetiecakes, it's not the lack of seriousness in the art of the game that is a significantly measurable part of what has gone wrong.

8 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

I said. It had great weight.

It had great weight in the reason you quit. Personally I understand why you put it down as a reason that being that you remove seriousness from the game to me that makes sense because I hate the candies and other things as well not to the point where I hated the game and I could not play it but it was in the top 10 issues I had with the game.

However with this being said you are the only other person I have heard of that would potentially quit over something so trivial like that. I mean there are so many other reasons to quit a game before cuteness.

6 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It had great weight in the reason you quit. Personally I understand why you put it down as a reason that being that you remove seriousness from the game to me that makes sense because I hate the candies and other things as well not to the point where I hated the game and I could not play it but it was in the top 10 issues I had with the game.

However with this being said you are the only other person I have heard of that would potentially quit over something so trivial like that. I mean there are so many other reasons to quit a game before cuteness.

but I did not give up. I still play AION. My friends who gave up and when I talk to them, they tell me about it.

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Well, trivial is subjective, isn't it? To many people, immersion is very important, I can understand why the introduction of chicken mounts and the other things that OP has described would break immersion for many people. If I look at Aion and a game like Wildstar or ESO, Aion is a mess, Compare mounts in ESO and mounts in Aion-  in ESO for example- it's a horse, and ONLY a horse, and you feed it at a stable- you don't see chickens, automobiles, tigers, exotic animals, etc. That's jut one example, but all of those details add up.

Would that make someone quit? maybe not, but it might prevent some new players from staying long, unless the game is very good  (considering combat, class balance, game design, etc) and  has a healthy population.

3 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

Well, trivial is subjective, isn't it? To many people, immersion is very important, I can understand why the introduction of chicken mounts and the other things that OP has described would break immersion for many people. If I look at Aion and a game like Wildstar or ESO, Aion is a mess, Compare mounts in ESO and mounts in Aion-  in ESO for example- it's a horse, and ONLY a horse, and you feed it at a stable- you don't see chickens, automobiles, tigers, exotic animals, etc. That's jut one example, but all of those details add up.

Would that make someone quit? maybe not, but it might prevent some new players from staying long, unless the game is very good  (considering combat, class balance, game design, etc) and  has a healthy population.

I did say that I agree with him and I put it in my top 10 reasons why I have issues with Aion. I was just merely saying that he was the only other person I have heard of that quit because of "cute" chibi characters and funky mount. I was just letting him know other then me he is the only other person I know that knows people that quit Aion for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I still stand by what I said on like page 2, and honestly I feel the biggest reason MOST people quit, including me was because of content being removed from the game such as Katalam and Danaria. We were left with boring content (Cygnea which is somehow staying over the likes of lluma) and it just wasn't fun for people. Sieges were non existent.

As I said. I played on Siel, the biggest server in terms of population in NA. Any other server, especially Tiamat, and IS honestly can't really speak much, especially TM tho cause the population was severely low, even when I tried TM back in 2014, it barely had anyone, no LFG's being made, sieges were small. (Was like how the hell can anyone play on this server with it being dead?) and as I said, I can't imagine what that server was like right before the last merge. Would love to hear someone say how it was dead when the sever was already dead, but then again Siel was just that big.

Anyhow most of my friends quit due to all the content being removed, but... People have their reasons for quitting. So obviously because of hackers, gear and leveling progression and the struggling of the rough grind to get maxed out. Many people quit due to the bad RNG, and how you could waste a fortune on manastones and never get them fully socketed (so many quit because of this).  However, in my opinion, most quit due to content being removed. I expect more to quit in 6.0

The question should be this. Would anyone return if there was a Aion 2 coming out? I said yes at first, but then changed my mind to no because you have to think about this. Many people were playing this game when they were younger. Now people would have families and jobs, and would be too invested into something else to come back. I was like 21, or 22 when I first played  Aion, now I'm 28.  I think Aion 2 wouldn't grab old players to come back, but I think NCsoft should be aware if they make a part 2 that deleting old content can be bad if you don't have good content to put in place.

Man I miss the rifting days and 3.0 so much. It was like now the game is boring when they put fast track out, and then 4.0 came out, and happy days all over again, tho rifting still never got back to being it's old self, even with the 5.0/lluma update or whatever. The thing is tho, when they killed rifting with fast track, they did make 4.0 and it was successful. Cynea/Inshar were not successful. I think those areas would be removed, but the devs are too lazy of having to constantly switch and move instances and quests every single patch and just said F it and keep Cynea and Inshar lol.

For me, I just keep tabs on the game, I don't think I'll even update it for 6.0. I did love the game so much, I'll still come to read and see what the community is saying, but shit has to die sometime. I kinda wished the game would already shut down and they would work on a similar or part 2/sequel.  

Lastly, lets be honest, this goes with what I said about a sequel and Aion 2 being made and if players would return.. I doubt anyone would come back. League Of Legends has taken over the world at this point, and even Fortnite. No one would want to play Aion 2.

This game while not dead yet is certainly declining,there are still old games with good player bases simply because they actually LISTEN.

One thing that rings true over aions life span is korea simply does not listen to NA nor adapt it too western tastes.

If this game had of been released without it's initial grind and current one,and gearing not taking forever,then i think yes aion would still be decently populated.I play every now and then occasionally buy items but nothing like before the gear gap has become stupid.

My gripe's with aion over the last few years are this.

Gearing there is simply no endgame in terms of enchanting and tempering this is utterly stupid and has been designed this way to make the game massively pay2win.Most games you get gear chant it and your done not aion it was good with 15+ and even tempering at +5 would be fine,but now there is literally no limit depending on how deep one's pockets are.This is simply stupid game design in a pvp focused enviroment because nobody like's being dead in 2 hits.

Zone's removing the best maps was a stupid idea and killed the fun for many people.

Instance's boring rehashed instance's that people are sick to death of cause we grind them every reset for miniscule experience points.

Leveling currently is ridiculous sure it's gotten a little easier but it's still grind the same min numbingly boring instances over and over.Yet next patch leveling becomes easy again.

Minions another cashgrab to give ppl more stats and see you get hit for 10k+ damage by a freaking pet another fail move by nc korea.

Nckorea doesnt seem to have any clear direction they flipflop from one bad idea to another whether it's gearing leveling zone's or instances,most developers remain fairly stable with game development.

I will see what 6.0 is like if it's terrible with gearing and minions and becomes more pay2win it will be time to uninstall,this company carry's on about wanting to break into western markets but has no nyerking idea because they literally ignore this region and player feedback.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Forgotten-DN said:

Hostile player base and poor game design/decision making might be inseparable, at least in Aion's case. Incoming wall of text:

I'm starting to wonder how much bad game design causes nice players to become hostile over time. Aion has always had its share of elitists, but I personally never had a real problem with the player base being hostile until the game started gating the best gear behind unforgiving limited instance entries. I've heard the argument that F2P allows the worst to congregate onto the game with no consequences, but even then the bad elements were typically kept in check by people warning others or shaming poor behavior. From 3.0 through 4.5, I found people were still willing to be helpful and patient with others, and I attribute this to the fact that gear gaps were still relatively small. For instance, you could be competitive in Arena/BM/Rank 1 gear and the grind to get them was reasonable. PvE only required that you be in a Kahrun set which everyone had access to. IMO, cyncism and apathy kicked in once 4.7 arrived and it seems that a lot of people were disappointed with how limited gearing options really were. I feel like this is also when people started getting really selective about who they were taking with them to instances. Remember people complaining about needing IS gear to get into an IS group? Or people not being able to EB? This all ties in with the fact that new players were having a hard time with getting gear that the existing player base thought was "reasonable." Since then, the issue has only compounded itself, especially with how each new game update was designed. Fewer and fewer new players were joining the game, and old players were re-rolling tons of alts to take advantage of events and not telling others about their new toons. Worse, you had old players pretending to be new to try to get free stuff or trolls fostering distrust among the player base by making incendiary/vitriolic statements and then agreeing with themselves on alts or calling other people out on opposing factions. AFK events meant people were logging on and queuing into instances so that they kill two birds with one stone: rewards from the instance and from staying logged in for X amount of hours.

TLDR: I hope I'm not the only one in thinking that NC's corporate greed caused the player base to embrace the very worst aspects of human behavior in order to stay competitive in the game.

If hitting the nail on the head were more than just as saying!!! I will agree, I became one of those hateful individuals and now I understand the going into instances and not participating, I'll try to be a bit less vulgar in my statements ;  ) makes perfect sense now to me and perhaps I'll not be as hate filled! I did say perhaps, getting here took a long time in coming, I am sure going back the other way will take time as well!!!!!!!!!! 

Archived