Soulstones

Asante-KT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post seems to confirm that he is European.

7 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

I feel a vibe from certain South America country to be honest.

Which is why making assumptions and sweeping generalizations of nationality/culture a bad thing. You get it wrong, you come across as closed-minded and even a tad uneducated. You get it right, you're still closed-minded because you automatically think X about a person because they happen to be from "that place," rather than treating the person as an individual. I'm not trying to take the moral high-ground here, but making assumptions about anyone from their comments on the internet doesn't accomplish much, if anything.

18 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

This post seems to confirm that he is European.

Which is why making assumptions and sweeping generalizations of nationality/culture a bad thing. You get it wrong, you come across as closed-minded and even a tad uneducated. You get it right, you're still closed-minded because you automatically think X about a person because they happen to be from "that place," rather than treating the person as an individual. I'm not trying to take the moral high-ground here, but making assumptions about anyone from their comments on the internet doesn't accomplish much, if anything.

Oh crap! The SJW managed to enter to Aion.

Don't over read it man, it wasn't made as an insult (In southamerican too).

3 minutes ago, Pandastein-DN said:

Oh crap! The SJW managed to enter to Aion.

More generalizations...real impressive on your part.

Okay, then at the very least, explain your position. How does knowing where he comes from explain his ego? He's an ocean away from your original assumption, probably from an entirely different culture, different language, different upbringing. Yet because he has a massive ego online, you're like: dude's South American!

I'm a judgmental Murican who has seen egoistical superiority and disrespect come out of certain European countries more often than others. :P 

(though people are people, some epitomize stereotypes with the way they act more than others, including how they feel they should act on the interwebs. If he hadn't said he was European, I'd have guessed Murican not from the midwest.)

I'm just curious.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I'm just curious.

Wasn't knocking you Cheese, never was. If you saw my original post here, you'd see that even I made the assumption that he's Greek based off his name, previous posts about Hellenic culture, and his mention that he's European. But knowing any of that doesn't actually tell me anything about HIM specifically, which is why I said that knowing nationality/region information isn't all that helpful.

I know where you're coming from and I understand that stereotypes and generalizations help to simplify an already overly-complicated and nuanced world. In the grand scheme of things though, falling back on them hinders personal growth.

14 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Wasn't knocking you Cheese, never was. If you saw my original post here, you'd see that even I made the assumption that he's Greek based off his name, previous posts about Hellenic culture, and his mention that he's European. But knowing any of that doesn't actually tell me anything about HIM specifically, which is why I said that knowing nationality/region information isn't all that helpful.

I know where you're coming from and I understand that stereotypes and generalizations help to simplify an already overly-complicated and nuanced world. In the grand scheme of things though, falling back on them hinders personal growth.

Hahahaha I'm glad someone else agreed as Greek. xD I was leaning toward Greek or big cities US.

Globalization is complicated.

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

Thread title: Soulstones

Thread topic: The moral "superiority" of certain countries and cultures

#GlobalAionThings

#LiterallyNothingToDoAtWorkTodayWhyAmIHereImNotPaidEnoughForThis

On 9.5.2018 at 0:56 PM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I am good at everything. 

On 7.5.2018 at 5:40 AM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I wear full graywolf +7, I have my harvester weapon and all, so lets say I could add another 20 seconds to my time (generously) to compensate for the ping. So my time wouldn't be THAT bad. I understand luck of godstone play a role and probably that a-rank minio0n that does insane dmg would add a little bit.

Does any of those people who do these insane timings made a video? Because I have seen an assassin video where he practically auto attacked and he kept doing 10k dmg mostly and the boss died in 28 seconds or something.

I miss a smiley laughing with tears in eyes...

Wasn't that mental gladiator on asmo side back in the days greek as well (forgot the name, sth with "K...." i believe)? Sure shows where prejudices originate from

9 minutes ago, Asante-KT said:

I'm originally from Chobani, moved to Dannon when I was young, then to Oikos, and now I reside in Fage. Can you guess where I'm from?

I don't like Dannon yogurt. D: 

Fage is from New York, right? :P 

5 minutes ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

Kovenant! that was the name xD

Was that the guy who got banned on his original main for radar hacking in Norsvold a while back? xD

On 10.5.2018 at 5:55 PM, Decalcomania-KT said:

Kovenant! that was the name xD

*off topic* Wait what?! He got banned too? Jeez... Whenever I log into my KT toon, less and less people I know are around because most likely they got banned for "some" reasons.

@Pandastein-DN @Cheesecake-DN @Forgotten-DN

Goodness lord, basic offense tactics, even people who finish high school are better than that.

But I have to admit that 12 years of school and 4 years of university taought me the basics, I gotta thank 4chan and the trolls for allowing my brain to expand even further.

LIhAZDR.jpg

who knows, you might get educated and be better next time. You guys forgot to like each other comments, that would make your attack better, only not.

3 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Drop the ego. If you had bothered to read, you'd see that I was defending you, but whatever. 

If you go around thinking that everyone's out to get you, it's not THEM that's the problem, it's YOU.

I didn't read all the comments, I stand corrected then, the others did try to degrade the conversation by doing personal attacks.

No ego either

1 hour ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Drop the ego. If you had bothered to read, you'd see that I was defending you, but whatever. 

If you go around thinking that everyone's out to get you, it's not THEM that's the problem, it's YOU.

Tbf, I saw in a FB group that he was asking to EC to kick a guy when the thing didn't started yet, calling the guy an afk, so yeah, it's a big ego issue here.

Also @Arxaggelos-KT  implying that "idiot" isn't a basic insult.

When I went to university in Texas, there were kids who'd lived in Texas their whole lives who couldn't find Texas on a map of the US. The shape of the state is literally everywhere. It was at that moment that I realized that, just because one went to university, it doesn't mean they are necessarily smart nor clever.

And it's cute you think I was personally attacking you, especially when you admit yourself that you didn't bother to read the comments. A+ deductive reasoning, homie.

I've taken a good long hard look at myself before. I know I'm insufferable and an nyerk and have little tolerance for willful stupidity. Maybe it's time for you to apply the similar introspection you should have gained from 12 years of school and 4 years of university. It's an important social skill to realize and learn from. Maybe you'll even realize that your attempt at further superiority based on your perceived education really isn't an accomplishment in 2018 the way it would have been in 1950...unless you came from a disadvantaged home and got a degree in something that'd better yourself and increase your chances with a better life, in which case, good on you. I'm sure your English degree has served you well.

By the way, idiot is an insult, at least in the USA and I assume much of the rest of the world, so, if anyone is making personal attacks against anyone, it'd be you. Stop gaslighting other people.

53 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

When I went to university in Texas, there were kids who'd lived in Texas their whole lives who couldn't find Texas on a map of the US. The shape of the state is literally everywhere. It was at that moment that I realized that, just because one went to university, it doesn't mean they are necessarily smart nor clever.

And it's cute you think I was personally attacking you, especially when you admit yourself that you didn't bother to read the comments. A+ deductive reasoning, homie.

I've taken a good long hard look at myself before. I know I'm insufferable and an nyerk and have little tolerance for willful stupidity. Maybe it's time for you to apply the similar introspection you should have gained from 12 years of school and 4 years of university. It's an important social skill to realize and learn from. Maybe you'll even realize that your attempt at further superiority based on your perceived education really isn't an accomplishment in 2018 the way it would have been in 1950...unless you came from a disadvantaged home and got a degree in something that'd better yourself and increase your chances with a better life, in which case, good on you. I'm sure your English degree has served you well.

By the way, idiot is an insult, at least in the USA and I assume much of the rest of the world, so, if anyone is making personal attacks against anyone, it'd be you. Stop gaslighting other people.

You just degraded the universities of USA and I am not there, in our universities you have to work extremely hard to be there. I also speak 2 foreign languages, traveled the world etc, I am not making a resume here for you, because you will only try to mock me even more.

I just made some sarcasm on how 4chan is a better life trainer than schools and universities. You just decided to bash Texans, git gut.

P.S.:

y2pDYxe.jpg

3 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

the others did try to degrade the conversation by doing personal attacks.

Personal attacks? Could you, please, elaborate on that? (And no, this is not a troll post, I really don't understad, what in those comments do you perceive as personal attacks. So I would appreciate if you could clarify my confusion.)

Archived