EU will skip 6.0 and have 6.2 directly what about NA ?

Neleth-KT

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/2764-6-0-First-Info/?postID=62330#post62330

Said by Galeas CM of Aion EU forum that they will have 6.2 directly.

What made 6.2 so much better than 6.0 ? When I read about 6.2 update I was like oh ok....
All I know is Minion with godstones,CP back and Power Shard back and not exciting new daevanion skills.

What about NA ? Will they skip 6.0 too ? If yes when :)

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Oh my... I don't like this idea of getting 6.2 right away... Give the players some time to adjust, maybe? lol

But why adjust to something that changes so radically in 6.2? Better to get adjusted to the version we will be keeping. As @Sunix-DN pointed out.. 6.0 was a mess.

As long as 6.0 release event does not get skipped i can not see why it would be a bad thing to release a later patch. I only open world PvPed in KR and was doing lots of the event.

The event was kill a shugo you did 1 damage took like 10-15 hits i think it was and you could get up to 3 stigma(choice) boxes off it. The ability to farm all the stigmas you needed was amazing.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

But why adjust to something that changes so radically in 6.2? Better to get adjusted to the version we will be keeping. As @Sunix-DN pointed out.. 6.0 was a mess.

Agreed,  6.0 was a mess,  even 6.2 likely needs some  patches....look at powerbook for the update history for 6.0 and/or the KR forums. No way would I want to go through 6.0 and then get 6.2. I'd rather jump  to 6.2 even though it lacks a lot of things.

12 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Oh my... I don't like this idea of getting 6.2 right away... Give the players some time to adjust, maybe? lol

We're lucky, we don't have to go through what the KR players had too go through. 

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

As long as 6.0 release event does not get skipped i can not see why it would be a bad thing to release a later patch. I only open world PvPed in KR and was doing lots of the event.

The event was kill a shugo you did 1 damage took like 10-15 hits i think it was and you could get up to 3 stigma(choice) boxes off it. The ability to farm all the stigmas you needed was amazing.

We have so many sources of stigmas,  there's s many better ways to  launch a major patch. Unless it was because when 6.0 launched there were so many new or poor players - but with patches to 6.0 there should be adjustments to the economy OR NA could be different.

In fact, it would be nice to ask the players  for idea..not that I'm hinting...

11 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

We're lucky, we don't have to go through what the KR players had too go through. 

True, but KR player had a different kind of sub system and what not in the first place. @Aly-DN Of course, patching straight to 6.2 will be "less" difficult for NCWest too and fixing quite a few things, I guess. I just feel like they should slow down a little as seeing some people just can't catch up on gear changes and content. I mean there are very high geared people and very little geared people. It doesn't feel like there's anything in between. But this is my personal feeling about the new patch. :3

4 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

True, but KR player had a different kind of sub system and what not in the first place. @Aly-DN Of course, patching straight to 6.2 will be "less" difficult for NCWest too and fixing quite a few things, I guess. I just feel like they should slow down a little as seeing some people just can't catch up on gear changes and content. I mean there are very high geared people and very little geared people. It doesn't feel like there's anything in between. But this is my personal feeling about the new patch. :3

As you probably have seen, all the gear we have now isn't going to amount to a hill of beans once we get into the 6.whatevers. If NCWest follows a similar pattern as NCKorea, characters with OP gear right now will have a little of a leg up when we get the next patch. But the current gear will be next to useless when you compare it to the quest gear we will get right away with the patch. So there really isn't a need to catch up unless you are shooting for something like full +25s and it won't matter if we get 6.0 or 6.2. 

There will always be the haves and the have nots. The 6.whatever patches won't be any different. In fact from what I have seen, it will actually get worse. Since almost nothing is tradeable, you will have to either earn or pay for your gear yourself. Those that are free2play are going to be at a much more severe disadvantage compared to what they are now.

20 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

As you probably have seen, all the gear we have now isn't going to amount to a hill of beans once we get into the 6.whatevers. If NCWest follows a similar pattern as NCKorea, characters with OP gear right now will have a little of a leg up when we get the next patch. But the current gear will be next to useless when you compare it to the quest gear we will get right away with the patch. So there really isn't a need to catch up unless you are shooting for something like full +25s and it won't matter if we get 6.0 or 6.2. 

There will always be the haves and the have nots. The 6.whatever patches won't be any different. In fact from what I have seen, it will actually get worse. Since almost nothing is tradeable, you will have to either earn or pay for your gear yourself. Those that are free2play are going to be at a much more severe disadvantage compared to what they are now.

Mhmmm, you might be wrong. It's just a weird feeling in my tummy right now. I've always been a bit meh towards NCWest skipping certain patches and I'm sure they have their own reasons. I guess we'll just need to wait and see what NCWest will do compared what they did in KR anyway.

The real difference between 6.0 and 6.2 is making PvP gear easier to acquire. So, you are actually letting players catch up if you release both patches together.

3 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

We've skipped patches before, iirc, and we should have opened in 5.1 rather than 5.0.

They only released "merged" patches when the latter one was too small. Was alright with 5.6 and 6.2, but 5.1 introduced way way too much at a time to release it along 5.0. Not only that, but we got 5.0 in two different releases as well.

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

The real difference between 6.0 and 6.2 is making PvP gear easier to acquire.

If 6.2 really makes pvp gear that much easier to acquire, having any kind of compensation for the +20 ap80 pvp gear people currently have would be near useless. Or the devs could go as far as not give any compensation whatsoever since it's so easy to get anyways.

I'd be worried instead of excited. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

The real difference between 6.0 and 6.2 is making PvP gear easier to acquire. So, you are actually letting players catch up if you release both patches together.

They only released "merged" patches when the latter one was too small. Was alright with 5.6 and 6.2, but 5.1 introduced way way too much at a time to release it along 5.0. Not only that, but we got 5.0 in two different releases as well.

5.0 was just too hardcore to start with. 5.1 added some elements to make it slightly better. :P

But I think the entire 5.X patch series has been varying degrees of sewage treatment plant. 5.6 wasn't too bad, though.

23 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Ye... I remember that and worried it might be similar but seems like people are actually for getting 6.2 straight away. *shrugs* Still dunno how to feel about it but if it fixes more than it breaks, it should be okay, right? 

Archived