Leave Your Legacy: Costume Design

Arhangelos

8 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

OH yeah, that too, I am European, not only they sold us to FailForge, but they also exclude us from the contest. I have a friend from Quebec, he is not proud to be from there, I do not know why :D

Just going to toss this out there (again!) that there really isn't anyway for NCWest to know where you live. So if someone in the EU (or Quebec!) were to submit a design and it wins, one could just -say- you lived in Texas.. if anyone asks you, which I honestly don't think anyone would ask.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:32 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I think Quebec has a bunch of weirdass laws involving prizes and taxes and stuff. :| Don't take that as gospel, though.

That aren't "weird-ass" . The laws could be updated  a bit,  [ nare are in supposed to be, although I don't know the timeframe] but there is a logical reason for them. They protect the consumer.

The  reason that the US, or even   some  national (meaning pan-Canadian) lotteries don't include them is due to  the relatively small population not justifying the legal cost for some contests, in the view of whomever is sponsoring the contest.

5 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

That aren't "weird-ass" . The laws could be updated  a bit,  [ nare are in supposed to be, although I don't know the timeframe] but there is a logical reason for them. They protect the consumer.

The  reason that the US, or even   some  national (meaning pan-Canadian) lotteries don't include them is due to  the relatively small population not justifying the legal cost for some contests, in the view of whomever is sponsoring the contest.

Please don't over-analyze my use of weirdass. It's not a dig at Quebec. 

2 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

No problem,  but  it gets extremely annoying to get left out of things.:$ 

You aren't! Submit your design. I guarantee your design will be treated the same as anyone else's. I know several people that don't live in the US or Canada (minus Quebec) that have won contests.

On 2018-05-05 at 0:47 AM, Bryos-DN said:

For the next months until the winners are announced, I will change my nationality to one of the fifty (50) United States of America or Canada (OBVIOUSLY excluding Quebec!).

AhemCHU* Since I hail from the land of Canadia (I call it that to nyerk other Canadians off. Sounds more like a country IMO.), one thing I wanted to point out is that Canadia is made up of PROVINCES and TERRITORIES unlike our Murican counter parts. Quebec as a province is a little different for sure, but most mostly around the fact that they speak français which is FRENCH. There should be no difference in gambling/taxes. In fact being a Quebec residence actually affords you more social credits come tax time.

That being said...

THE EVENT SAYS COSTUMES. I don't care that much about costumes. There has been a weapon skin that I've wanted to have NC develop for the longest time. Do weapon skins count towards this event? :) @Cyan pika?

59 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

THE EVENT SAYS COSTUMES. I don't care that much about costumes. There has been a weapon skin that I've wanted to have NC develop for the longest time. Do weapon skins count towards this event? :) @Cyan pika?

It doesn't count for weapons, only  costumes. We had wings already, so next one would be weapons. The last time we had one was for weapons, I think, pistols for Gunners back in 4.0, unless those came from Korea.

45 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

It doesn't count for weapons, only  costumes. We had wings already, so next one would be weapons. The last time we had one was for weapons, I think, pistols for Gunners back in 4.0, unless those came from Korea.

Mookie pistol and butterfly harp were community created. Maybe a third one, too...

21 hours ago, Pikachu-KT said:

This is main costume (I assume a one piece that covers all body skins) and a head piece.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:45 PM, Aly-DN said:

You aren't! Submit your design. I guarantee your design will be treated the same as anyone else's. I know several people that don't live in the US or Canada (minus Quebec) that have won contests.

Thanks, appreciate it, however doesn't help since I live in Quebec.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:35 PM, Pikachu-KT said:

AhemCHU* Since I hail from the land of Canadia (I call it that to nyerk other Canadians off. Sounds more like a country IMO.), one thing I wanted to point out is that Canadia is made up of PROVINCES and TERRITORIES unlike our Murican counter parts. Quebec as a province is a little different for sure, but most mostly around the fact that they speak français which is FRENCH. There should be no difference in gambling/taxes. In fact being a Quebec residence actually affords you more social credits come tax time.

That being said...

Well, since a lot of what you said about Quebec is  incorrect, including the language (in the larger cities around 1 million identify as English speakers,  plus other cultures, so it's multicultural) , gambling laws and taxes.- social credits ?? - we  we pay some of the highest taxes in NA.  Get the pleasure of writing 2 tax returns as well ¬¬  - we also follow the Napoleonic code in  the provincial courts (the French civil code)  not the British civil code used elsewhere in Canada.

All of this to say that there's a good reason  for certain exceptions to contents, gambling, etc.

1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

Thanks, appreciate it, however doesn't help since I live in Quebec.

*snip*

What I meant was.. it doesn't matter where you live. You can submit your design and have the same chance to win as anyone else. Doesn't matter if you live in Quebec, Rio de Janeiro or London. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

What I meant was.. it doesn't matter where you live. You can submit your design and have the same chance to win as anyone else. Doesn't matter if you live in Quebec, Rio de Janeiro or London. 

True, sorry, I can bit a bit literal- minded lol....

There's also the separate issue of not being able to draw, any design I submit would probably win the prize for skin that you'd dress your alt in to craft ...

11 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

True, sorry, I can bit a bit literal- minded lol....

There's also the separate issue of not being able to draw, any design I submit would probably win the prize for skin that you'd dress your alt in to craft ...

giphy.gif

Archived