Weekly Server Maintenance - May 16, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, May 16, 2018 from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Kromede's Revenge will continue for one more week.
  3. The potion box in Smoldering Fire Temple will be moved to the other side of the door.
  4. The "Indestructible" restriction will be renamed to "Cannot be discarded" to prevent confusion with items that cannot be destroyed via enchantment failure.
  5. The skill description for "Iris' Flame" will be updated to say it hits 12 enemies near the target rather than around yourself.
  6. An issue where some augmenting confirmation windows showed the price in Kinah instead of Abyss Points will be updated.
  7. Click to move will be disabled by default for new characters and resetting options.
  8. Various text and localization issues will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week

tptvsKi.jpg c78njcKgFtZQDUhNUfzfMxGXwwqqThE7M7dfQDo_ TCt5iwD.jpg

• Aion Team
Just now, Makaron-DN said:

@Cyan any updates on being able to manually remove the Lucky Hand buff? It's preventing Prestige Pack subs from using an XP amulet.

I understand this can be frustrating, and it's feedback we've provided to the development team. There's nothing to share as of yet, but we're discussing it with them.

Same stuff week after week. we get a retread event every now and then. How about a pvp event. Evergale and the rest is stale as 2 month old bread. Don't even get me started on instances. Bring on 6.2 and stop the suffering of complete boredom. People are hardly playing at all. I can't blame them. You can get your purified items if you do evergale another 1,234,367,785 times plus add in fm another 5,000,543 times. Plus both are buggy as shit. 

Anyone playing a good game right now cause this one sucks atm? 

10 hours ago, Cyan said:

Changes

1. The potion box in Smoldering Fire Temple will be moved to the other side of the door.

@Cyan We already have so little time to complete the instance in Rank S with the current settings, why would you want us to waste more time waiting for every player on the team to break / loot the box with the real instance timer running?.

This supposed to be preparations prior the instance, just like we choosed our classes in the Daeva Dash event. Would it make sense to place all the statues to the other side of the door?.

13 hours ago, Cyan said:

1. The potion box in Smoldering Fire Temple will be moved to the other side of the door.

Um? Why though? Having the box in the beginning was no problem. We dont have a lot of time to get a S rank in the instance in the first place now we got to waste time opening the box and rushing to get the pots??

The potion box in Smoldering Fire Temple will be moved to the other side of the door.

*Sigh* Why is this implemented now? People will just waste time to loot potions.... so unnecessary 

Cyan, can we get some info when maybe 6.0 (or you guys going straight to 6.2 just like EU) come? Aion is getting boring right now,I only log in now to just do events......

11 hours ago, Liiny-DN said:

Why the change for the box? Genuinely curious as I didn't see any problems with it?

Obviously to keep dummies who zone in before their teammates from breaking the potion box and the teammates not inside the instance yet would then be unable to loot the potions. This is probably common with pugs tho after 2 weeks of spamming this instance I find it hard to believe everyone hasrnt figured this out and learned to wait till all are inside.

6 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Obviously to keep dummies who zone in before their teammates from breaking the potion box and the teammates not inside the instance yet would then be unable to loot the potions. This is probably common with pugs tho after 2 weeks of spamming this instance I find it hard to believe everyone hasrnt figured this out and learned to wait till all are inside.

Makes sense, didn't think it was such an issue since from all runs I did I didn't have any issues like that (most with pugs, maybe I got lucky) and I'm usually the last one to load in cause I always freeze for 4s after I enter that instance. Oh well ; ;

@Cyan there is still issues with old armor skins that has been an issue since 5.5 along with the quest names in IIuma being wrong when they were updated with more xp, will these issues be addressed? It has been awhile... : / thanks!

15 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

@Cyan I read last week that there was suppose to be a fix to the xigncode3 / windows 10 compatibility issue. Why then am I still unable to launch Aion?

Quoting myself here, because we really need an answer folks. I am using AVG antivirus software and have my Windows Firewall settings completely turned off because they conflict with each-other. This doesn't seem to be a security setting problem with Windows 10, it is a compatibility problem. When NCWest says they released an updated version of Xigncode to fix the compatibility issue, why is it that players are still experiencing the issue? All players I have spoken to who still cannot run the game updated their Windows 10 AFTER the supposed fix last week. We still need help!

@Voltric-DN @Cyan I am one of the players that is experiencing this problem. I updated my Windows 10 on the 14th and ever since I can not launch Aion. The XIGNCODE3 is not running. I updated the Aion client today and still it is not running. I have looked into all of my security settings to make sure nothing was changed with the update and all settings are the same as before the update. We need a fix now!

So, If I'm correct this event had issues last time we ran it. Still the same issues as before "send log" errors kick you out of the game and have to reload the whole game back to memory before restarting. Now, as an added bonus, you moved the box to the other side of the gate. Now when you "open" the box " Send Log". Seems you guys may have worked on the original issue in the year or so since the last time we ran this event. IJS. Edit: Now after uninstalling the game and trying to reinstall it I keep getting errors dling the game. Every 6-10% I gotta restart the updater. Good LORD man get it together lol....

• Aion Team
17 hours ago, Shove-KT said:

So, If I'm correct this event had issues last time we ran it. Still the same issues as before "send log" errors kick you out of the game and have to reload the whole game back to memory before restarting. Now, as an added bonus, you moved the box to the other side of the gate. Now when you "open" the box " Send Log". Seems you guys may have worked on the original issue in the year or so since the last time we ran this event. IJS. Edit: Now after uninstalling the game and trying to reinstall it I keep getting errors dling the game. Every 6-10% I gotta restart the updater. Good LORD man get it together lol....

We're investigating the send log issues with the development team. Since the last time the event was ran for our region, there has been improvements made by the development team. We'll continue to work to get the rest of the issues addresses. As for the box being moved, it was due to players opening it before the rest of their team was inside the instance. 

Thank you.

Archived