Weekly Server Maintenance - May 16, 2018

Cyan

Cyan -

::arms folded, foot tapping:: I've been waiting for this XIGN fix since the 9th.  I am still unable to log into AION.  I am getting really pissed off about this, and I'm through with being polite.  Must we in the US go through this lackluster response?

Instead of NC Soft focussing on twee in-game events and the demands from power-gamers, why not focus on fixing the bugs?

On 5/16/2018 at 8:44 PM, Voltric-DN said:

UPDATE:: I finally managed to edit certain Windows settings that were changed in the 1803 update and am now able to launch the Aion client with xigncode3 running. If anyone would like detailed instructions on how to fix the problem Windows created, please feel free to send me a private message or reply here. Thank you and good luck!

help me plz.. i have  same  problemm

when  i try login  aion when  finally load  at 1  to 100 i get the  system error mesage  20 at my  screnn and then  automaticaly close i done  file  repaired and i  have the  same  thing... since maintrance..

I have the same problem since I was resisting the Windows 10 update, but it snuck up on me and updated last night.  I get the error "Cannot Regist XignCode Module".  I have a support ticket. 2 dxdiag log files and 2 hyjackthis log files later.  No answers.  I already had the launcher  running in compatibility mode to a previous version of windows.  I ran an sfc scan and there were some corrupted files but windows fixed.  I just don't know what else to try.

20 hours ago, Girlygirlplaygir-KT said:

help me plz.. i have  same  problemm

when  i try login  aion when  finally load  at 1  to 100 i get the  system error mesage  20 at my  screnn and then  automaticaly close i done  file  repaired and i  have the  same  thing... since maintrance..

Windows 10 System Error Message means the system cannot find the specified device. That is a hardware or driver or, registry problem, it can't find a mouse, keyboard, monitor, graphics card, something it needs.

Update your drivers, use CCleaner or Eusing's Cleaner (google them) to clean your registry. Both are free to use and safe. Reboot, do file repair and, try again.

If that doesn't work, run hardware diagnostics to see where the problem is and, fix the issue with the device it's having problems with.

For XIGNCODE3 Errors: Courtesy of @Voltric-DN

Open Windows Defender Security Center (program is pre-installed on your computer) Find it by going to ALL SETTINGS - UPDATES AND SECURITY
Choose App and Browser Control
Scroll down page to the bottom and click Exploit Protection Settings
Select Program Settings (at the top of the page)
Click Add Program to Customize
Select Choose Exact File Path
In the File Name search bar, type C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe and click Open. REPLACE C WITH THE DRIVE THE LAUNCHER IS INSTALLED ON IF DIFFERENT
A Program Settings window will pop up with NCLauncher.exe in the header. Find the Arbitrary Code Guard (ACG) setting at the top of the list. Checkmark Override System Settings and toggle the switch to the OFF position.
Leave all other settings unchecked and then click Apply.
Relaunch the Aion client. Note: you may need to relaunch the game a couple of times before the settings you just changed go through.

I used Voltric's fix and it worked for about three days. Today I launched Aion and the game crashed on character screen. Now XIGNCODE3 is being blocked again! I deleted the path I made for the launcher and re-did everything listed above. Aion is still not launching! I restarted my computer, checked for updates that may have been applied today (there were non) and I am now at a total loss. Why are we not getting any Support for this?

For the record, I think it is beyond ridiculous that the playerbase has to rely on itself to solve these types of issues. Clearly, despite everyone's best efforts, our temporary fixes to get Aion up and running again are falling short. @Cyan I hate to point fingers, but as you are the most active representative we rely on, I am asking you to please converse with the team and make them aware that the issue still remains. A large number of players have contacted me recently looking for instruction. I took it upon myself to try and help these people, but it should not be my responsibility. We need the Aion team to take another look at the problem and give us some answers so we can get Aion up and running again FOR ALL.

Thank you

• Cyan unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived