Windows 10 users requesting help with xigncode3

Voltric-DN

I updated to 1803 and, with a simple settings change,Aion and XIGNCODE3 work fine.

@Voltric-DN discovered what to do and, it works. Yes, you do need to reboot then launch the game 2-4 times before it kicks in and works but, after that it works first time every time.

xigncode3 fix for windows 10

Open Windows Defender Security Center (program is pre-installed on your computer)
Choose App and Browser Control
Scroll down page to the bottom and click Exploit Protection Settings
Select Program Settings (at the top of the page)
Click Add Program to Customize
Select Choose Exact File Path
In the File Name search bar, type C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe and click Open.
A Program Settings window will pop up with NCLauncher.exe in the header. Find the Arbitrary Code Guard (ACG) setting at the top of the list. Checkmark Override System Settings and toggle the switch to the OFF position.
Leave all other settings unchecked and then click Apply. Reboot your computer.
Relaunch the Aion client. Note: you may need to relaunch the game a couple of times before the settings you just changed go through.

@Kadeth-KT

As I stated in a previous post, my fix has reported failed twice now, once on my own computer and once on a friend's. For some reason, despite the setting changes working perfectly well at fist, now it refuses to accept them. It is the most bizarre thing I have experienced.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi everyone, 

We've been working with Welbia on the issues a small amount of you have been experiencing. For those that have already contacted our support department, thank you, but we are requesting additional information if you're unable to launch the game due to XIGNCODE3. Please see below!

Contact our support department here and provide the following information:

1. A thorough description of the issue.
  2. A screenshot of any errors.
  3. Attach the xigncode.log file in Aion\bin64\XignCode

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

@Kadeth-KT

As I stated in a previous post, my fix has reported failed twice now, once on my own computer and once on a friend's. For some reason, despite the setting changes working perfectly well at fist, now it refuses to accept them. It is the most bizarre thing I have experienced.

Still working on mine and I am on 1803 now. Looks like this one is going to come down to comparing DXDIAG reports and, background processes - what GPU, what drivers, what firewall and AV, etc... Maybe even connections, latency, DNS used by the ISP etc...

2 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Still working on mine and I am on 1803 now. Looks like this one is going to come down to comparing DXDIAG reports and, background processes - what GPU, what drivers, what firewall and AV, etc... Maybe even connections, latency, DNS used by the ISP etc...

I'm glad to know the fix is still working for some. I'm afraid you are right about the incompatibility issues coming down to the tiny details. It is a real shame if players are unable to play the game because of some silly anti-cheat software. I hope enough players will send in their logs so that we can all get the game up and running again.

At least it hasn't totally crashed a streamer's setup here YET. Friend of mine, Community Manager for gaming companies and, streams as part of his job was down for nearly a week due to that update totally borking his streaming setup. He eventually got it fixed but, not before having to wipe two of his computers and start over. Various gaming issues with it all over the web, more lag, more rubberbanding, need the ping management registry edit or, a pig reducer subscription and didn't have that before 1803, games refusing to load, refusing to update, etc....

I'm sure it will all get worked out eventually - probably about the time WinDOZE 10 does another feature update and borks it all again LOL.

• 2 months later...

Try going to settings ,click on update and security,then along the left hand side of the page click on troubleshoot,then click on program compatibility troubleshooter,click on run the troubleshooter,click on aion then click next,click on try recommended settings click on test the program the launch aion as usual if it works then go back and click the next button and it will save the settings.

8 hours ago, Hartlock-KT said:

Thank goodness I found this thread. Now I know why my game won't load. Sucks I won't be able to log anymore, hope this get resolved soon. 

Are you getting the xigncode problem, or have you tried the aion.bin fix?

Ncsoft/Aion/bin64 folder

Rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old

14 minutes ago, Hartlock-KT said:

I don't like to temper with any files but I managed to stall the windows updates on my laptop so I can still login from it. As for desktop....probably gonna wait till either windows or AION provide an update that'll work.

You're not tampering with any files. You're just forcing it to launch the 32-bit (perfectly well supported and NC-legal) client, and that's what's fixed the no-launch issue for a LOT of people lately. That's the fix.

That, or some problem you have to get the game to launch in compatibility mode for Windows 8, but I think this one is the bin fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived