Jump to content
Kierce-DN

Problem with Updating

Recommended Posts

f436uu.png

The same error keeps popping up. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher; problem didn't go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exact same problem here.Just decided to play and download Aion last night after years of not playing and have been getting this error over and over again. Made a ticket. Hopefully they'll be able to help me out :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this happens on the same file every time, do File repair and try again.

If it's on different files, check firewall and connection. Make sure your firewall is allowing everything Aion and NCSoft, reset your connection, flush your DNS. Try again.

 

If it persists send a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the error log I've been getting each time. And it's the same file as the OP's. ShugoFemale_texture with the same exact numbers every time :/ And yeah I've already contacted support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< OS >>
OS Version : Unknown Windows Version
ServicePack : none
Major Minor Build Version : 6.2.9200

<< System >>
64bit OS
Page Size : 4096 B
Active Processor Mask : 255
Number Of Processor : 8
Processor Type : 8664
Processor Level : 6
Processor Revision : 40457
Processor Speed : 2808 MHz

<< Memory >>
27% of memory in use.
Total Physical Memory : 2047 MB
Avail Physical Memory : 2047 MB
Total Paging File : 4095 MB
Avail Paging File : 4095 MB
Total User Address Space : 2047 MB
Avail User Address Space : 1917 MB

<< Disk Storage >>
Drive Name : C:\
Volume Name : Local Disk M.2 SSD
Total Byte : 488.17 GB
Used Byte : 212.09 GB
Available Byte : 276.08 GB

Drive Name : E:\
Volume Name : Samsung SSD
Total Byte : 465.63 GB
Used Byte : 288.78 GB
Available Byte : 176.85 GB


<< Dns Query >>
Update Server
(1)
Name : updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
Address : 48.215.67.3
(2)
Name : updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
Address : 200.213.67.3
(3)
Name : updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
Address : 16.192.67.3


Repository Server
(1)
Name : aion.patcher.ncsoft.com
Address : 232.170.67.3
(2)
Name : aion.patcher.ncsoft.com
Address : 88.179.67.3
(3)
Name : aion.patcher.ncsoft.com
Address : 120.182.67.3


DNS Server

Address: 209.88.128.25
Mask : 255.255.255.255

Address: 209.88.128.26
Mask : 255.255.255.255


<< FileInfoFile Hash Value >>
File Name    : FileInfoMap_AION_190.dat.zip
Hash Value    : 08c97968622e8021f95d53f6eca77c105303361f
File Name    : FileInfoMap_AION_190.dat
Hash Value    : 6de00e9bea70bfd6c5f2344afcc1121e7ba92a5b

<< Error Message >>
[Update Error] Cannot download file.
Please restart the Launcher. If this problem persists, contact Customer Support at htt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the same issue with the little shugo females saying nope not today :| Summited a ticket hopefully it will be resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sophea-DN said:

Having the same issue with the little shugo females saying nope not today :| Summited a ticket hopefully it will be resolved.

Did you try what I posted? D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did what you posted Cheesecake. The shugofemale problem seemed to have been solved and installation is going pretty smoothly as of now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kierce-DN said:

I did what you posted Cheesecake. The shugofemale problem seemed to have been solved and installation is going pretty smoothly as of now.

Sweet. Lemme know if anything else breaks. I'll be here for ~2 more hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sophea-DN said:

I have done what you suggested Cheesecake and so far so good :x

Awesome, lemme know if you have any problems! I'm checking the forums when I'm waiting on updates lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Download this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykLPkSQSO45Y2xVdXNBU2d1UlE/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract to main Aion folder

Run launcher again

Hopefully that fixes shugofemale error.

I actually joined a discord and saw this google folder (I think posted by you as well) and downloaded it yesterday before I saw your msg on here. Fixed my problem :D Then I had the issue of Aion crashing after launching it. Had to switch compatibility mode to windows 8 and it worked too. yay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this an error with the recent Windows 10 "Spring Update".

That just happened to me yesterday. I'd seen lots of ???? in the dialogs of the game, but game was working.

No joy from "File Repair", So I uninstalled the whole thing and tried again. And now this error.

Anybody else get the Spring Update? Mine says Feature Update Windows 10, version 1803 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shalea-KT said:

Is this an error with the recent Windows 10 "Spring Update".

That just happened to me yesterday. I'd seen lots of ???? in the dialogs of the game, but game was working.

No joy from "File Repair", So I uninstalled the whole thing and tried again. And now this error.

Anybody else get the Spring Update? Mine says Feature Update Windows 10, version 1803 now.

The ???? error usually happens when your L10N or data folders are old or corrupted. :< Just needed to rename those to L10N.old and data.old and run file repair.

 

I posted a potential fix to the shugofemale problem earlier in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The ???? error usually happens when your L10N or data folders are old or corrupted. :< Just needed to rename those to L10N.old and data.old and run file repair.

 

I posted a potential fix to the shugofemale problem earlier in the thread.

Cool. Thanks. I was smart and kept the working game to the side, so I went back to that when the new install failed.
I'll give your suggestion a try. I'm not clear on why "File Repair" is such a NOOP - Non-Operation, but nothing is perfect, I guess.
And I'll remember to make yet another copy before I do this in case the change causes an update that fails. ;) Nice to have plenty of SSD space.

 

iohwug2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping it works! I'm trying to remember fixes from ages ago, so I hope I got the two folders right, lol. 90% certain it's L10N or Data, as they're part of the Aion Support Holy Trinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had this problem.  Got the female shugo thing taken care of and everything updated.  Now the game just won't seem to launch.  I can log into the client, hit Play Now.  Then the load screen comes on for a few seconds, then disappears...and nothing.  Any help for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Perytas-DN said:

I just had this problem.  Got the female shugo thing taken care of and everything updated.  Now the game just won't seem to launch.  I can log into the client, hit Play Now.  Then the load screen comes on for a few seconds, then disappears...and nothing.  Any help for this?

Go into the bin64 folder in your Aion folder. Rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old. Then try running the game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 2:18 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Download this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykLPkSQSO45Y2xVdXNBU2d1UlE/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract to main Aion folder

Run launcher again

Hopefully that fixes shugofemale error.

I tried it but the error still occurs. 20mb left to finish the download, but this devil shugo female error does not go away.

Anyone please help!!?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 66s113CA3-DN said:

I tried it but the error still occurs. 20mb left to finish the download, but this devil shugo female error does not go away.

Anyone please help!!?!!

Did you replace the Aion/objects folder with the objects folder contained in the zip file? D:

 

Edit:

Not the $Patch$/zip/etc folder.

Edited by Cheesecake-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you replace the Aion/objects folder with the objects folder contained in the zip file? D:

Exactly. i did it.

pNowlMa.png

 

I also created a virtual machine running a clean install of windows 7 and tried downloading the game again. SAME ERROR. I'm losing my mind here...

Edited by 66s113CA3-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 66s113CA3-DN said:

Exactly. i did it.

pNowlMa.png

 

I also created a virtual machine running a clean install of windows 7 and tried downloading the game again. SAME ERROR. I'm losing my mind here...

Yeah, it's a problem on NCsoft's side. :( I sent Cyan a message about it.

Do you still have the objects.zip file you downloaded earlier? Rename the objects folder in the Aion folder to objects.old and extract the zipfile's objects folder into the Aion folder again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I sent Cyan a message about it.

If you haven't already, consider asking about being put on NC's payroll as well since you're basically doing their Support team's job, but for free. Kudos to you for all the help you're providing everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

If you haven't already, consider asking about being put on NC's payroll as well since you're basically doing their Support team's job, but for free. Kudos to you for all the help you're providing everyone.

Thanks <3

I got NCoin the first time this happened after dropping nine hours of my day figuring out how to fix it and Support was linking my fix. I asked for it then. lol

Now all I get is the self fulfillment of having fixed someone's problem. 

On the plus side, figuring this all out and helping people out with a  software problem is part of how I got my RL support (not gaming) job, so I guess this hasn't all been for naught?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×