Jump to content
Tirayan-KT

Aion 6.0 When?

Recommended Posts

I'm not asking about a solid date... I'm asking about a solid year?!?? They should at least know if they have started working on the new patch or nah... I don't understand why it's so hard to announce... when you start working on something you at least have some kind of plan right?.. right??? You don't just throw the dictionary at "Jane" and be like: "Start translating, call me when you're done..."

It's 2018.... I don't understand why things have to work like it's 2010... "8 years of feedback... but nah... who cares... we're fine" xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time they set a target (server mergers), they missed it by several months. They might be really hesitant about throwing out any dates for fear of more community backlash if they were to miss yet another target. How often do we get Producer's Letters, maybe every 6 to 9 months, give or take? If you don't see any dates in the next letter, then you should start getting concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

They dont usually just throw dates, unlike Failforge. And that is a good strategy. It means that us who actually play can just play (not sure how to express it, soz), and no one gets butthurt because life happens.

Merges are something completely different from patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

I'm not asking about a solid date... I'm asking about a solid year?!?? They should at least know if they have started working on the new patch or nah... I don't understand why it's so hard to announce... when you start working on something you at least have some kind of plan right?.. right??? You don't just throw the dictionary at "Jane" and be like: "Start translating, call me when you're done..."

It's 2018.... I don't understand why things have to work like it's 2010... "8 years of feedback... but nah... who cares... we're fine" xD

6.X is such a complicated patch series that revamps nearly everything about the game. They have probably been waiting for the patch to be "fixed" enough before translating and localizing for here. If we're lucky...we'll jump right to 6.2 the way Gameforge is because vanilla 6.0 would probably torpedo this sinking ship.

All Gideon has said so far was "in a few months" back during the last producer's letter. Optimistically, we players were guessing June, but, at this rate, it could be September for all we know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyd-DN   

North america has always gotten big .0 patches 6 months after Korea.  Korea got 6.0 In January so that means Late July imo.  However with the extra patches could push it into early August just based off past history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

North america has always gotten big .0 patches 6 months after Korea.  Korea got 6.0 In January so that means Late July imo.  However with the extra patches could push it into early August just based off past history

Yes it's possible! we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

6.X is such a complicated patch series that revamps nearly everything about the game. They have probably been waiting for the patch to be "fixed" enough before translating and localizing for here. If we're lucky...we'll jump right to 6.2 the way Gameforge is because vanilla 6.0 would probably torpedo this sinking ship.

All Gideon has said so far was "in a few months" back during the last producer's letter. Optimistically, we players were guessing June, but, at this rate, it could be September for all we know.

 

So was 5.0... couple of years ago... it's not like they don't have experience in patching major releases or how much time it would take... 

Again, I'm not asking for specific date but on the rare occasions when I visit the forums I hope to at least see some pinned thread about their plan on release of 6.x patch :/ instead of of just more guesses and hopes of players...

I know what's gonna happen... we've already been through this:

- In AFewMonths(tm) we'll start getting posts on the website about the new features of 6.x patch... (and people would start getting even more eager and posting more threads on the forums asking about the release date)

- And in AFewMoreMonths(tm) we'll finally get some release not without a decent amount of bugs...

My hopes are that some day this whole process can be a bit more optimized, so players can be a bit more certain that someone is working on the patch and at least aiming for a release at some point this year...

(I mean, if they are working on 6.2 at least say it... I'm totally okay to wait longer if we gonna get straight to 6.2 instead of 6.0, although I don't think they've skipped a patch so far... )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
41 minutes ago, Nymphala-DN said:

(I mean, if they are working on 6.2 at least say it... I'm totally okay to wait longer if we gonna get straight to 6.2 instead of 6.0, although I don't think they've skipped a patch so far... )

For someone who apparently knows so much about previous releases...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunix-DN   
22 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

6.X is such a complicated patch series that revamps nearly everything about the game. They have probably been waiting for the patch to be "fixed" enough before translating and localizing for here. If we're lucky...we'll jump right to 6.2 the way Gameforge is because vanilla 6.0 would probably torpedo this sinking ship.

All Gideon has said so far was "in a few months" back during the last producer's letter. Optimistically, we players were guessing June, but, at this rate, it could be September for all we know.

 

 

Russian devs confirmed that AION RU will get 6.2 in September. We're a few months behind the Russian and JP Servers... so we may get it in November. but idk

17 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

So was 5.0... couple of years ago... it's not like they don't have experience in patching major releases or how much time it would take... 

Again, I'm not asking for specific date but on the rare occasions when I visit the forums I hope to at least see some pinned thread about their plan on release of 6.x patch :/ instead of of just more guesses and hopes of players...

I know what's gonna happen... we've already been through this:

- In AFewMonths(tm) we'll start getting posts on the website about the new features of 6.x patch... (and people would start getting even more eager and posting more threads on the forums asking about the release date)

- And in AFewMoreMonths(tm) we'll finally get some release not without a decent amount of bugs...

My hopes are that some day this whole process can be a bit more optimized, so players can be a bit more certain that someone is working on the patch and at least aiming for a release at some point this year...

(I mean, if they are working on 6.2 at least say it... I'm totally okay to wait longer if we gonna get straight to 6.2 instead of 6.0, although I don't think they've skipped a patch so far... )

we jumped from 5.3 to 5.6 last year

(5.5 is the patch that brings BoS)

Edited by Sunix-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

It's demanded by the development team that every region skips directly to 6.2. If Russia and EU do this, I presume NA will as well. 6.0 has little to offer regarding content and 6.2 has the most class balancing done and new stuff to do.

Reminder we skipped a lot of things in 5.x here on NA, which quite frankly it was unnecessary. We should receive the full patch too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabe-DN   

6.0 is a BIG change and my guess would be that NCsoft is dragging their feet for two reasons which would be how to keep the current players who have spent a ton of time and money into their gear and then on top of that, what can they stick in the new release to line their pockets on the cash shop side.   From what I remember, the gear exchange was pretty bad in the KR version and a lot of players were unsatisfied.  6.0 is is like wanting it and hating it at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

6.0 is a BIG change and my guess would be that NCsoft is dragging their feet for two reasons which would be how to keep the current players who have spent a ton of time and money into their gear and then on top of that, what can they stick in the new release to line their pockets on the cash shop side.   From what I remember, the gear exchange was pretty bad in the KR version and a lot of players were unsatisfied.  6.0 is is like wanting it and hating it at the same time.

The one thing i made sure to do the day 6.0 came out was see what gear people were getting. They went from w/e gear they had straight in to +10 or +15 purple gear which only needed to be made red and enchanted to +15 which many of the old server players did in less then 2 weeks. This could only of been capable due to the current gear they had as it took months for the new servers to catch up to that gear level. 

My speculation is that older players genuinely felt screwed over because people with godstones were still winning against them in new gear until they upgraded to the new Red gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×