Least played class pvp/pve?

The least played class is definitely AT. Second least played is Gunner, maybe, but not that far behind compared to other classes. AT is not played often because aesthetics and FoV. Others say its because they are annoying, a less stronger tank and weak single-target DPS, yada yada. The problem with Gunner, as people have said, is that while it is good damage, it is basically a Sorc that needs top notch geared to the teeth setup, and even then it falls short. But still, I find it really fun.

29 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

The least played class is definitely AT. Second least played is Gunner, maybe, but not that far behind compared to other classes. AT is not played often because aesthetics and FoV. Others say its because they are annoying, a less stronger tank and weak single-target DPS, yada yada. The problem with Gunner, as people have said, is that while it is good damage, it is basically a Sorc that needs top notch geared to the teeth setup, and even then it falls short. But still, I find it really fun.

I've leveled a templar, chanter, cleric, SM, AT, & gunner up to lvl 10-12 range and still cant decide on a class to play. I'm leaning to Cleric though. I love the fact that I can basically just out survive any class and kill them. Plus heals.

45 minutes ago, Mechaknist-DN said:

I've leveled a templar, chanter, cleric, SM, AT, & gunner up to lvl 10-12 range and still cant decide on a class to play. I'm leaning to Cleric though. I love the fact that I can basically just out survive any class and kill them. Plus heals.

ATS can be a super fun class,they are however bulky which turn ppl off,as bryos said their single target isnt spectacular and they have less tankiness than a templar, that isnt to say they cant be used extremely effectively in Pve and pvp.

In terms of pvp they are a steamtrain when played correctly and most ppl have no idea how to counter them due to not facing them often,they also have some really good defensive skills.

Chanter is a great versatile class both pve and pvp and some great chanters heal better than clerics.

Sm fun fear bomb class good defense's above that of a sorc  but with less burst,and stripping buffs and scrolls is always fun.

Cleric is a strong class but require's multiple gear set's that cost a huge amount of kinah to be  effective in pvp,clerics can be hard to kill but they aren't invincible even when correctly geared if facing a player of equal skill.

Just be prepared for at least 3 sets minimum if you want to be super effective in Pvp a Dps set a block/hp set ,and mr set,some also drop the kinah on agility sets.

2 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

ATS can be a super fun class,they are however bulky which turn ppl off,as bryos said their single target isnt spectacular and they have less tankiness than a templar, that isnt to say they cant be used extremely effectively in Pve and pvp.

In terms of pvp they are a steamtrain when played correctly and most ppl have no idea how to counter them due to not facing them often,they also have some really good defensive skills.

Chanter is a great versatile class both pve and pvp and some great chanters heal better than clerics.

Sm fun fear bomb class good defense's above that of a sorc  but with less burst,and stripping buffs and scrolls is always fun.

Cleric is a strong class but require's multiple gear set's that cost a huge amount of kinah to be  effective in pvp,clerics can be hard to kill but they aren't invincible even when correctly geared if facing a player of equal skill.

Just be prepared for at least 3 sets minimum if you want to be super effective in Pvp a Dps set a block/hp set ,and mr set,some also drop the kinah on agility sets.

What is exactly an MR set?

An MR set is a gear set composed of gear socketed with MR stones. MR is the Resist Magic stat (dont ask why letters are mixed up), the stat that increases your chances of resisting a magical effect. This set is mainly used by defensive PvP Clerics, Chanters and rarely Templars to combat magic classes (or other classes that have dangerous magic abilities).

4 minutes ago, BeMagnificentt-DN said:

i will rank the classes i see from most popular to least

Chanter   

Cleric

Spirit Master

Songweaver

Sorceror

Gunner

Aethertech

Gladiator 

Ranger

Templar

Assasin

That doesn't correspond to what I've ever seen. I'd put cleric/clorc as 1, SW as number 2 below clerics, with sorcs and glads sharing number 4.

Least played used to be ATs but their numbers are growing in no small part due to a certain Twitch streamer, so the least popular is shared by gunners and rangers.  Chanters are more popular, and SMs are not really that popular- definitely below chanters.

4 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

Muggles cannot play Aethertech, that's why you don't see many of them.

/s

Now being serious, can I ask what's the linl betwen least played class and what you wanna play?

Well I’m experimenting with all of them up to lvl 11/12.  But I’d really like to play class and fill a good strong roll in for both pvp/pve one day. 

3 hours ago, Mechaknist-DN said:

Well I’m experimenting with all of them up to lvl 11/12.  But I’d really like to play class and fill a good strong roll in for both pvp/pve one day. 

Leveling to 11/12 really isnt going to give you a real feel for any of the clases.Given how easy it is to level up till 66 i would suggesst leveling all classes at least until 55 or 65,you get so many more skills and stigmas during this leveling process which gives more feel of classes weaknesses and strengths.

Up to you but personally levels 11/12 are not anywhere near good enough indicator of a class.

It seems to be helping me pick a class thread o_o

Clothes

-Well best dps in magic world is sorc.

-SW can be good but you need to weave with pulse.

-SM just too complicated not good for a starter.

Leathers

-Gunner is ok dps but if you don't like charging or have bad ping or hate to switching weapons this isn't for you.

-Ranger need to weaving too although you might annoyed by the fact you need to buff a lot of skills all time.

-Sin you need to weave also best dps in physical world.

Chains

- Cleric best chain dps I advice you should go hybrid and using mace as dps.

-Chanter weakest dps can't really hybrid support and dps effectively unless you decided not to use rage spell.

-AT slow animation skill probably slowest class in Aion if you ain't doing AoE skills(Area of Effect) it's very boring.

Plates

-Glad has dual wield considering as assassin who wearing plate slower than assassin maybe second best physical dps can use spear to clean out mobs.

-Temp second worst dps next from chanter slow class but not as slow as AT lacking of short cd HP recovery skills.

Well that's all I could help the rest up to you to decide :P

Archived