A Simple Question.

Kaway-KT

Ok, power up event is cool but, i have a simple question.

Despite the fact that maybe i had a lot of bad luck, but spending around 5b kinah in stigmas and using alot of stones without taking any stigma to +9 with the power up event seems abit unfair.

Im wondering how can we be sure that, when you, NCSoft, activate the power up event, dont troll us by lowering the success rate. You can do this server side and we, costumers, won't be ever able to know if we are getting fooled or not.

And, if there ia anyone that is trying to use the power up event to +9 they're stigmas, please give any feedback if you're fail rate is acceptable.

Thank you

Pretty sure it's not about activating the success rate of enchantment, but preventing complete failure upon enchanting. So if you've got a stigma on +5, it'll just drop to +4 rather than to +0 when failing. That's the whole event about.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Pretty sure it's not about activating the success rate of enchantment, but preventing complete failure upon enchanting. So if you've got a stigma on +5, it'll just drop to +4 rather than to +0 when failing. That's the whole event about.

I know what is the event all about, that is not the point.

The point is that, maybe, they lower the success rate of enchanting from the normal value to a lower value during the event in my opinion. I just want to be sure that NCSoft is not fooling us doing this.

I quit last year and I can tell you RNG is a troll on aion. I'll never understand how the game works when it comes to trying to upgrade yourself. I gone through lots of kinah and some real money just cuz gambling can be somewhat fun. But yes RNG is horrible on aion. Best bet is to just ask ncsoft what they want for a +9 stigma.

RNG has been the plague of since the game launched. It's just a fact. Spending time and kinah (and real money!) won't make things any better. 

If the staff were to do what you ask and improve the odds of enchanting stigmas, events like the one we have now wouldn't happen. Having full +9 and above stigmas is supposed to be hard. Everyone isn't supposed to be running around with them. Same with +25 and up gear. That's not to say that tons of people aren't, but those people have been lucky..

.. or they have been abusing Support's "one do over" rule.

It's easy to put on a tinfoil hat and suspect NC is adjusting success rates behind the scenes, but really I think RNG and luck are just very very fickle. I've gotten two of my stigmas to +9 so far today, but others it's been a struggle even getting to 6. And I stocked up a lot ahead of time specifically so that I wouldn't have to shell out billions of kinah (which I don't have lol) and most of my stigs are at 7 or 8 now. Since I probably won't make much more progress, I think I'll just be content and save up again for next power up :D 

57 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Oh dear, that sounds very familiar. 9_9

I wonder how he's doing these days... ;)

25 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

I think I'll just be content and save up again for next power up :D 

This. It's okay to say, "Hey, I'm not going to get +9 this time." The first time this event was around, my goal was all of my stigmas to be +6. I achieved that goal and stopped so that I wouldn't spend a ton of kinah. I immediately started saving up stigmas in anticipation of the next time the power-up event would happen (today). So I have nearly 100 stigmas saved up this time, and my goal for this week is to have all of my stigmas at least +7 and several of them +8. Then I'll start saving up again and hopefully have everything +9 the next time we see this event. It's okay to take your time! :)

I don’t believe they are playing with the success rate , I just think people are so hung up with the fact that their items isn’t getting destroyed that they believe it’s somewhat easier . Remember the old enchanting system ? People had hard time enchanting to +15 and people in +20 almost were non existant .

Can't really say anything about the success rate being lowered or something cause it's not like I tried to plus stigmas without this event (not further than 3 at least), but I enchanted 8 cleric stigmas yesterday all the way to +9 so maybe it's just luck. Meanwhile one of them, the dps servant skill went to +8 six times and failed, the last tried going all the way back to +2 and then I even failed back to 1 so I sort of gave up for now and I'm hoping someone will just sell it to me lol

Anyways just keep trying or if all fails, think of how much you'll spend enchanting one yourself and how much you would if there are any being sold on the broker. Sometimes it's better to pay a higher price than risk on something that might not even work in the end and then you'll have no money for anything. Just my thoughts xD

I have used all of my stock (each stigma has 10 pieces and 70 heavy stigma box got previously)and 40k ncoins to make all of my stigmas to +9. Money grind lol.

We are not be able to enchant when there is no preservation buff. So you might think it is hard to make +9 but the fact is it is impossible to do it without event so good luck!

dont do stigma enchant, what you get from that - one more stigma slot or less cooldown or less MP usage (sometimes and more dps like +3 damage this is nothing), this all is bullshit for me

i do only omega + greater supps --> 100% success, this is to +15 enchant level, on purifyed gear i tryed some level up but here is also RNG shits for me and i skiped this also ......

i am free to play player not pay to win ....... sorry, who has real money for bullshit RNG Aion he can try to waste some good amount of dollars ......

43 minutes ago, Spirithq-KT said:

dont do stigma enchant, what you get from that - one more stigma slot or less cooldown or less MP usage (sometimes and more dps like +3 damage this is nothing), this all is bullshit for me

i do only omega + greater supps --> 100% success, this is to +15 enchant level, on purifyed gear i tryed some level up but here is also RNG shits for me and i skiped this also ......

i am free to play player not pay to win ....... sorry, who has real money for bullshit RNG Aion he can try to waste some good amount of dollars ......

Not everyone who has success in this game is a pay2win player . Maybe you just don’t have what it takes ?

Just now, Spirithq-KT said:

Did Onion comment triggered you?

I was going crazy yesterday and spent over 2bil for stigmas incl. stigmas I already had and got everything up to +8 (I have 2-3 which are still +7). I think I'm happy now. X3

Is there any specific reason why people go for +9s besides the extra stats? D:

2 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Is there any specific reason why people go for +9s besides the extra stats? D:

The extra stigma slot, which becomes 2 extra stigma slots in an upcoming patch. Stigmas are also the only item you can upgrade now, keep and still use in 6.x- everything else will have to be replaced and refarmed.

Archived