Why nobody using custom chain skill ?

Neleth-KT

At least in our current client, they are a bit broken (in the bad way). Sometimes they just get stuck in a skill further into the chain. At least for me.

But, personally, I would much rather have all skills at my disposal rather than depend on a chain skill. gives me more control over the situation. I also just have no skills I really want to chain together, at least the classes I play regularly. For instance, Chanter, I could maybe chain my self buffing: Rage Spell, Pledge/Promise of Earth, Blessing of Stone and Lucidity. But, sometimes I dont want to use Rage Spell because I am healing, sometimes I know I wont be DPSing so I dont bother with my second skill, sometimes I just want to hit an object and only Pledge/Promise of Earth are needed. and so on. Maybe Chanter is a bad example, because their attacks are already chains, but a similar thing happens with my AT, Gunner and SM.

I'll give an example why it's good.

For example on my ranger it has 4 skills + one chain I just know the time  when I'm going to use focus shots .
On sorc/sm it saved alot of spaces and allow me to use main dps skills within 1-6 I feel doing it great.

I'll give some bad example of this is glad physical debuff (forgot name sorry) and sure strike has same chain engery blast that has 10 sec cd you can't really use chain on this u neeed to take sure strike out and watching cd of energy.

Ofc I'm talking about pve in pvp you can't really use chains every skill depends on situation.

I don't think people who're not using or using chains are more pro than each other or anything.
I still do love custom chains and will continue to use it unless someone proven this custom chain is really bad. :)

4 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

At least in our current client, they are a bit broken (in the bad way). Sometimes they just get stuck in a skill further into the chain. At least for me.

But, personally, I would much rather have all skills at my disposal rather than depend on a chain skill. gives me more control over the situation. I also just have no skills I really want to chain together, at least the classes I play regularly. For instance, Chanter, I could maybe chain my self buffing: Rage Spell, Pledge/Promise of Earth, Blessing of Stone and Lucidity. But, sometimes I dont want to use Rage Spell because I am healing, sometimes I know I wont be DPSing so I dont bother with my second skill, sometimes I just want to hit an object and only Pledge/Promise of Earth are needed. and so on. Maybe Chanter is a bad example, because their attacks are already chains, but a similar thing happens with my AT, Gunner and SM.

You said exactly what I was thinking! I don't feel like it's super useful for chanters because we have to do so many different things. However, I do agree that it is useful on ranger. I didn't like ranger and deleted that toon, but when I tried it out, I had set up a few custom chains and they were helpful.

About weaving I can weaving just fine with custom chain skill.

Lately I weave with focus shots I found out it's working fine too.
I don't have a problem with weaving on any chars with custom chain excepted templar which I think problem is from my ping and weapon itself is really slow.(Use candy helps)

There's no point in using it for me. I know where my skills are and the time it takes me to use them is the same as if they were on one button because of attack and casting speed. It makes combat a tad more engaging to move around more. And like Byros said, they don't always work great. 

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Sun-DN said:

If you move after use a skill with chain the chain dissapear. So is hard to use with most of skills. It's usefull only with the skill without a chain.

I didn't move. The 1st skill Ambush has no chain of itself, yet the 2nd one was never activated by it :(. If it works, will all the skills be in the same slot in quickbar? I actually want it, to have many in 1 slot. (I'm uploading a video, will be later). Can it be that Ambush is itself a movement skill, so the chain doesn't work?

14 minutes ago, SakuraMikan-DN said:

Did you put the ambush that says "skill 1" into the hotbar?  You need to bind the first skill in a custom chain to your keybind not the leave the original skill in this case ambush 

Oh, do you mean to drag Skill 1 to the quickbar  instead of the original skill? They look same.

I did it, it works, thank you very much SakuraMikan! :)

Archived