EVERGALE KICK BUTTON FAIL

Wakonda-KT

EVERGALE SHOULD NOT HAVE A KICK BUTTON 2 MAIN REASONS: PPL WILL ENTER AND SAY KICK ME IMMEDIATELY JUST SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PLAY WITH A LOW LVL OR ANY SPECIFIC REASON THEN THE LEAD BOOTS THEM RIGHT? OK THEN YOU BE MAY THE NEXT PERSON QUEUED FOR EVERGALE, MIGHT GO TO AN INSTANCE THAT IS ALREADY IN LOSING STAT BOOM. 2ND REASON ITS ALWAYS SOME AHOLE THAT LIKES TO KICK THE ENITRE ALLY AKA LOLOOI KT  YEAH IM STILL PISSED AND U NEED TO DELTE AION THE END

On 6/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, HoodKidMoses-KT said:

OK THEN YOU BE MAY THE NEXT PERSON QUEUED FOR EVERGALE, MIGHT GO TO AN INSTANCE THAT IS ALREADY IN LOSING STAT 

Ew, caps.

Aside from that, I agree with you. I've actually started refusing to kick people when I get stuck with lead. I try to explain why to the people in my alliance, and I apologize for refusing. I tell them that if I kick them, it will cause some other poor Asmo to pop into a losing entry which isn't fair to them. I try to be polite about it, but I'm sure it's still making people hate me a lot. But I just can't condone all of the kicking nowadays. As you said, people will start asking to be kicked before it even begins. No one even tries anymore. It's just too much, and it's gotten out of hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Many league leaders do that, including Fencer on asmo, Christei on DN elyos, Zenyuri on KT elyos , and maybe I missed few more. People keep getting long CD which hurts most the people that can only do EC on weekends such as myself. Even without CD, on elyos side re-queuing already means 10-15 minutes, so with CD is like losing 20-30 minutes. Before I used to report people who kick non-afk players, but weeks and months pass and  I still see same people doing same kicks again and again. SO what's the point? I tought @Hime said that wrong kicks are not going to be tolerated and yet it is.  If you can't control this, then remove kick feature.

I  can't think of a single legitimate reason to have an alliance kick option in EC. Even if the alliance lead want to kick them because they're AFK or not following directions,  by the time the league lead finds out, it's probably too late and the league is well behind. Unless they have someone lined up to fill that alliance, the replacements may be just as bad.

Not to mention that kicking the alliance unfairly penalizes everyone with a CD.

Reporting anyone for kicking an alliance seems useless- those that are griefing people just continue, those that really haven't figured out how to lead (which I suspect is the case in one name in @Heat-KT's list) will probably keep kicking because they don't realize what that does.

26 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

...those that really haven't figured out how to lead (which I suspect is the case in one name in @Heat-KT's list) will probably keep kicking because they don't realize what that does.

Best you can do is tell them that kicking entire alliances triggers a cool-down and hope they stop. If you can't get through to them on whisper, get others to do it. Saw Woo doing it on LFG but others may not have gotten the clue if they blocked him.

The other day, a certain Elyos alt got league lead (you know the trick, auto-accept on the opposing faction's side so your main's alliance gets it easy). They kicked the other 3 alliances they had, giving around 70 people a 10 minute cd. If people werent lazy and reported them, they could have given their main a suspension. :P

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

The other day, a certain Elyos alt got league lead (you know the trick, auto-accept on the opposing faction's side so your main's alliance gets it easy). They kicked the other 3 alliances they had, giving around 70 people a 10 minute cd. If people werent lazy and reported them, they could have given their main a suspension. :P

and people wonder why new people don't stay when they see this happen....

Since the introduction of Evergale, I have been saying the same thing; the ability to kick is dangerous, if you want it, accept the risk it conveys. We then got it implemented, and the same people who were asking for it are now complaining or keeping their mouths shut, which I find a so very sweet irony flavour.

(not directing this at the OP, just a comment)

20 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Best you can do is tell them that kicking entire alliances triggers a cool-down and hope they stop. If you can't get through to them on whisper, get others to do it. Saw Woo doing it on LFG but others may not have gotten the clue if they blocked him.

This is all we can do -- try to educate people. I was in one a few days ago in which the league lead offered to expel entire alliances, thinking that he/she was helping us. I put into region chat that doing so would cause us to have a cooldown. A lot of people have good intentions, but just don't understand the mechanics of the game -- which isn't surprising considering many things in this game are not explained very well and you have to just figure it out as you go along.

Before kick:
EC was an afk feast, you could do nothing. Premade alliances were carrying 3 more alliances that could possibly afk... EC was an afk mess.

After Kick:
1) EC is still an afk mess, some people do not kick the afkers especially when the lead is a premade, which causes alliances kicks and/or the whole league to be defeated.
2) In sure loss entry, people keep asking for a kick hoping to get into another instance, most of the times returning in the same one, asking to be kicked again.
3) Bad people (we know them good) will kick you because they hold grunge against you and NCSoft does nothing.

We keep forgetting that the problems in EC are not inherent by the game BUT by the gamers themselves, same way democracy gives you rights and freedoms, both to you and those that want to kill democracy.
----------

There would have been 0 need for a kick if people didn't bring their 100 alts to afk OR the kicking ability would have worked like a charm as long as the one who has the lead is not bringing his 10 alts with him (or the lead be an alt itself, like many times it happened)

THE ONLY solution would be to change the mechanics of EC, to get the rewards one should do a series of quests inside EC, go to this camp, capture it, go to that camp capture it etc. Staying in starting point should give you 0 rewards, please, that would be the ONLY solution.

I stopped going to EC since the last 2 weeks, I see no reason, 9 out of 10 games the elyos win EC because of difference of active players.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this stuff  is going way too far.

Yesterday we had entire alliancess kicked by elyos spies. Aside from all the spies  that they put there  to afk and the ocasional player kick, now they start alliances and proceed to kick everyone when they get  the chance.

Something must be done about it.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:25 PM, Bryos-DN said:

Since the introduction of Evergale, I have been saying the same thing; the ability to kick is dangerous, if you want it, accept the risk it conveys. We then got it implemented, and the same people who were asking for it are now complaining or keeping their mouths shut, which I find a so very sweet irony flavour.

(not directing this at the OP, just a comment)

tenor.gif?itemid=4317107

Many of us warned of the danger of a kick button for EC, but there were more people arguing for the need for one. We said that if one was implemented people would be douche canoes and abuse it because people are, at their core, terrible. Cyan heard us and posted a big warning that those that abused the much-wanted kick button would be subject to punishment. Sounds good. What could go wrong?

And this is where SUPPORT stepped in and said...

tenor.gif?itemid=9037572

Support will do nothing. They will plow a bike right into your squishy bits, ignore your repeated tickets asking for the rules laid out by Cyan to be followed and call it job well done. They will send you a response that says, "Mentoring can only be carried out by characters 10 levels higher than you and dying will lower your amount of contribution. We can only restore your item once and I had pizza for lunch."  

There isn't anything that can be done to make them do their job. They don't know how to Aion. They don't care to learn how to Aion. 

On 4/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Ew, caps.

Aside from that, I agree with you. I've actually started refusing to kick people when I get stuck with lead. I try to explain why to the people in my alliance, and I apologize for refusing. I tell them that if I kick them, it will cause some other poor Asmo to pop into a losing entry which isn't fair to them. I try to be polite about it, but I'm sure it's still making people hate me a lot. But I just can't condone all of the kicking nowadays. As you said, people will start asking to be kicked before it even begins. No one even tries anymore. It's just too much, and it's gotten out of hand.

Why do you apologize? in the first place, theres no reason to do that.

Players can request to be kicked and get mad, but all depends on the lead if they kick or dont, theres no nothing that force you to quick them just because they say it (speaking about losing EC runs).  I did request at the begginging, but I saw that even going random and spamming EC, I can get 3 or 4 good EC runs(sometimes even more) dailiy wich is enough to get fragments to do EC questx4.

But theres the other part too, in wich you are kicked from a losing EC without requesting O.o wich is funny xD 

I have been kicked a few times and I am always actively participating. Well until it is an obvious loss anyway. One time I saw my whole alliance being booted one by one, then it was my turn, and got kicked while in action. I always quick enter because I am not geared but at least I try. One time a warning popped up in my chat in white lettering saying something about being reported for not paying internet cafe fees or something like that, it popped up and not only was I booted but game shutdown and crashed my connection before I could read the whole message. I am not sure if that is related or what the heck happened, but I do not use internet cafe in fact closest one to me is 120 miles I think.

It is sad that some resort to dirty tactics just to preserve a guaranteed win. There has been the mention of a particular couple of players that are doing this mass kicking, but I won't mention the names and have a CyanHammer derail this.  Kick button needs to go, every run I have done in quick enter is full of afk players so it only serves as a means for dirty players to take advantage of the feature.

22 hours ago, Shayded-KT said:

I have been kicked a few times and I am always actively participating. Well until it is an obvious loss anyway. One time I saw my whole alliance being booted one by one, then it was my turn, and got kicked while in action. I always quick enter because I am not geared but at least I try. One time a warning popped up in my chat in white lettering saying something about being reported for not paying internet cafe fees or something like that, it popped up and not only was I booted but game shutdown and crashed my connection before I could read the whole message. I am not sure if that is related or what the heck happened, but I do not use internet cafe in fact closest one to me is 120 miles I think.

It is sad that some resort to dirty tactics just to preserve a guaranteed win. There has been the mention of a particular couple of players that are doing this mass kicking, but I won't mention the names and have a CyanHammer derail this.  Kick button needs to go, every run I have done in quick enter is full of afk players so it only serves as a means for dirty players to take advantage of the feature.

You are talking about two different types of "kicks".

The alliance lead can't kick you out of the -game-. They can only kick you out of the instance. 

The game, however, contains unused code (pertaining to gaming in an internet cafe) that sometimes fires and kicks people out of the whole game. That has been happening since Evergale was introduced and I have zero idea why NCSoft hasn't removed that code. Oh wait. Yes I do. Korea doesn't care.

Only the first is abuse and I have zero idea why NCWest doesn't do something about it. Oh wait. Yes I do. Support blows.

On 22/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Shayded-KT said:

I made a thread about this some time ago, this is a feature that was in korean servers, those that played from the official internet cafes got more entries and more rewards (like Fissure of Oblivion of Opportunity).

These features were not totally removed and some of them are simply sitting there being useles (like fissure mentioned) or they act as bugs/glitches that ruin the game play, like the bug with the EC crash.

See the post below to understand.

On 7/28/2018 at 0:09 AM, Afterglow-KT said:

The kick feature abusers should get the win's victory spoils removed, and transferred to those who were unfairly kicked. Maybe that would make them think twice before power tripping.

Who are you going to do that for you? Support?

giphy.gif

On 7/30/2018 at 2:29 AM, Aly-DN said:

Who are you going to do that for you? Support?

That they  won't do, but I can't say they're not doing anything at all either. Few days ago "Laughing" kicked me few seconds before a win. When I asked them why, they said "afk" - which I wasn't and they know it because we were in the same party and they must have seen me dying several times near the enemy base. They didn't kick me for being afk - which I clearly wasn't. They kicked me for being undergeared (it was a quick entry). Or for just happening to be a random scapegoat for all that day's losses - they were pissed and triggerhappy and just wanted to "hit" someone - I guess that's better than taking it out on someone IRL? I told them I would report them and they said they're used to people reporting them and that they "love the feedback". I reported Laughing anyway, "privacy concerns prevent us from discussing our methods or the results of our findings, but rest assured that we are committed to removing any account breaking the rules from our game" and all that, but at least I was given the lost rewards for that win.  So reporting isn't completely useless. 

Archived