Forums

Arena of Discipline Entries

elbana-KT

hello , we all face a problem in Arena of Discipline that some players apply and when they get pop , they  Don't go in or they have an alt on the instance server and they check who just ported in instance server in Discipline arena , then they cancel their entry to waste this opponent entries and competition points , i -personally- since months barely get 1 opponent from the 5 entries , so i think we need a solution regarding this either this player who gets a pop and don't enter lose an entry count by 1 or he can reapply again in 4 hours as example or any other solution.

It is funny you make this post. I was currently in the process of writing the exact opposite of what you said i recently came back to the game lets say maximum 2 weeks ago last week i did Arena on 4 characters and this week i did arena on 10 characters. I had 2 matches where people did not come in and 3... maybe 4 matches where people just afked after the first fight. I personally think since i have come back i have had more arena fights then i had when i was playing 8-12 months ago.

Time and luck may play a large role in this but the fact that the majority of the people i vsed were around same level as me and were only using the 55 free mythic gear the fights were a large amount of fun.

mmm this post isn't directed to ur case , u said u just came bk to game 2 weeks ago , so u will hit on ppl with same ur rank and ppl around ur competition points which will be so damn low , those ppl don't dodge don't worry u won't hit on the 1st 80 ppl in competition list cuz it will be unfair for u , , completely u on a different side from what i talk about i have a rank1 cleric and star 2 sorc and i don't get dodges since both of them on the tail of competition list and no1 care to dodge them , on the other hand my main has high rank and high competition points and me and my friends on same case we barely get opponents. bye

7 minutes ago, Angina-SL said:

Competition points comes mostly  from Tenacity I think.

No you have separate competition points for both your Tenacity ranking and your Discipline ranking. I haven't checked but there's probably another separate set of competition points allocated for grand arena of Tenacity (6vs6 arena).

10 minutes ago, Johngunmad-SL said:

No you have separate competition points for both your Tenacity ranking and your Discipline ranking. I haven't checked but there's probably another separate set of competition points allocated for grand arena of Tenacity (6vs6 arena).

Oh. Then the Discipline points might come from discipline only? Idk

Nah there's no 'discipline points', you just have multiple sets of points for each arena type designated 'Competition points' that's all.

The OP brings up some good points. Its really annoying to use up your entry to face no one. If this happens you get no competition points, reduced AP and GP gain and I believe you get 1 less Arena of Glory Ticket. In this present age, Arena of Discipline revolves around getting the highest competition points possible, and if some people are getting dodges that puts them at a disadvantage as they just missed out on opportunities to acquire more points. This leads to not being the player rank you're supposed to be and leads to less rewards which is certainly not ideal.

2 hours ago, Yec-SL said:

Nobody wants to face a songweaver, Elbanana

believe me who has the mentality to dodge a lvl74 sw with my ping ,  will have the mentality to dodge a lvl 75 cuz he will xform on him , he will dodge a sin cuz he will go in hide all round1 and spam laugh on him from hide , he will dodge a templar cuz no time to kill a templar in 15minute :l , he will dodge his ex edate cuz why not! he will dodge some1 cuz he suspect he is hacker ... look how many entries he can waste 

1 hour ago, Heat-SL said:

I agree with what's said above, however, I think your suggested 4 hours is a bit too harsh. 1-2 hours would do the job.

Since its all about maximizing GP hence why they dodge unless both their alt and main get a pop at the same time. I think the punishment should be way worse.

You lose 50 gp for every time you click no or let the timer run out if you have no GP left you can not que that would make it so at least everyone enters.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

God forbid I have to go to the bathroom/answer the door/etc after being in queue for five+ minutes and miss the pop.

That's why a few minutes' or an hour's worth of requeue cooldown would be worthwhile. Personally I think a 10-15 min global CD (for most if not all PvP instances) would make sense, anything more than that would penalize the "innocent" people more than the ones that want to dodge your queue.

This is indeed a very annoying issue but the answer doesn't likely lie in punishment. In my opinion this is easily solved by removing rewards for the no contest arenas and simply refunding the entry of the affected player. If you queue into an arena match and the match doesn't take place by accident or intent you should receive your entry back. The incentive for doing Discipline is no longer glory tickets, at least not entirely, and with the current competitive structure it would make sense to make a change like this. 

13 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

God forbid I have to go to the bathroom/answer the door/etc after being in queue for five+ minutes and miss the pop.

if some1  on que and has to go , cancel que and go make whatever u want i don't mind lol EASY :D !!  i don't mind !! also instead of giving the notice "the player you requested gave up the que and no other player can go in " can be changed to give the player name !! so if multiple ppl reported him doing this with screenshots , 1st he will be a known dodger from other players so it will push him to change this attitude and ruining other ppl entries or support can take action against him like any other kind of undesired actions "in EU they ban ppl for cooping in arenas" , it is kind of respect to other players interest , arena of discipline is the only way to get some ppl in 1v1 away from zerg and away from their refuse to duels and sadly since starts of 5.3 we hv 5 entries but we barely get 1 match.

I stopped entering the arenas long time ago but I do agree on  people not entering while queuing so they catch a wave of their own people.

This post and my post on "AFK kills Aion" should become a priority

Solution: Once you apply for an arena you should be able to cancel your entry while you are still queuing BUT when there is an opponent you should be teleported inside immediately, and not be given the little window that say "enter / cancel".

If you apply for an arena and you get an entry, you are in, period. If you want to leave the arena, be it, you waste your entry, but not entering it is bad.

I personally find the matching of arenas particularly unfair. Sometimes you will be matched versus the player who is much lower level than you with much less gear and experience in PVP and other times you get the opposite, people are so high level you can't even hit them at all.

In my opinion, there should be a somewhat system that normalizes your gear/stats so that both parties has an equal chance of winning. 

6 hours ago, MiniePie-SL said:

I personally find the matching of arenas particularly unfair. Sometimes you will be matched versus the player who is much lower level than you with much less gear and experience in PVP and other times you get the opposite, people are so high level you can't even hit them at all.

In my opinion, there should be a somewhat system that normalizes your gear/stats so that both parties has an equal chance of winning. 

The problem with this gear thing you said is that people could remove their gear, apply, get in with a minor enemy and then put back the good gear.

I think it should have a system where the mroe you win the more likely you will have to face opponent that have similar wins like you do. Not too strict, because getting a team formation is priority. But when there are plenty of people paying, a secondary (and invisible) point system could be implemented. Nothing to do with your rank, just the amount of wins you have in an arena and try to match you with an enemy that has similar wins or the closest to you.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:03 PM, elbana-SL said:

if some1  on que and has to go , cancel que and go make whatever u want i don't mind lol EASY :D !!  i don't mind !! also instead of giving the notice "the player you requested gave up the que and no other player can go in " can be changed to give the player name !! so if multiple ppl reported him doing this with screenshots , 1st he will be a known dodger from other players so it will push him to change this attitude and ruining other ppl entries or support can take action against him like any other kind of undesired actions "in EU they ban ppl for cooping in arenas" , it is kind of respect to other players interest , arena of discipline is the only way to get some ppl in 1v1 away from zerg and away from their refuse to duels and sadly since starts of 5.3 we hv 5 entries but we barely get 1 match.

EU also ban people for using wall hacks in Uppers/linkgate and so on if you like what EU does so much why not just join the EU community? 15 euro is a small price to pay per month for a better community and better publishers no?

Archived