Alts Post 6.0

MintyR-DN

Well keep in mind that in 6.0 we might not be able to run more than one client, according to the patch notes. Might be different for NA, but they haven't said anything about it yet. ;/

And I feel ya, I have a bunch of them myself. 

Kinda weird how everyone has different things to say about the trading system and how alts could be relevant... while one guy says you can't trade anything in any way except through brokers, another says you can use legion warehouse but not account, and others only stick to saying that you can't mail or request trade. And if you dare ask any clear, straight answer you get a mean look and get pointed to the 6.0 thread with 49 pages (most of which are "wow that's kinda cool but not really" reaction posts).

Fun.

8 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Well keep in mind that in 6.0 we might not be able to run more than one client, according to the patch notes. Might be different for NA, but they haven't said anything about it yet. ;/

And I feel ya, I have a bunch of them myself. 

All of my important alts are on one account so I don't think I have to worry about that lol ^^

22 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Kinda weird how everyone has different things to say about the trading system and how alts could be relevant... while one guy says you can't trade anything in any way except through brokers, another says you can use legion warehouse but not account, and others only stick to saying that you can't mail or request trade. And if you dare ask any clear, straight answer you get a mean look and get pointed to the 6.0 thread with 49 pages (most of which are "wow that's kinda cool but not really" reaction posts).

Fun.

Ye... I had a similar issue figuring it out and still not really sure what might be happening. Kinda upsetting that you can't really "prepare" for it either since NCWest is staying very quiet about the update too. z.z

16 hours ago, MintyR-DN said:

All of my important alts are on one account so I don't think I have to worry about that lol ^^

Oh that's good! I have 3-4 accounts... which mean IF dual clienting will be restricted, I'll need to abandon those. ;/

Ye

... I had a similar issue figuring it out and still not really sure what might be happening. Kinda upsetting that you can't really "prepare" for it either since NCWest is staying very quiet about the update too. z.z

What people are saying is that most stuff becomes untradeable when 6.0 hits, and the exchange for the new items is not so good.

One thing is sure, stigmas are still tradeable, so you might save a lot of them to make kinah in 6.0.

36 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

What people are saying is that most stuff becomes untradeable when 6.0 hits, and the exchange for the new items is not so good.

One thing is sure, stigmas are still tradeable, so you might save a lot of them to make kinah in 6.0.

Mhm, I already plused up my stigmas on my cleric, so now I'm just stacking up stuff like AP, all kind of small things which might be useful for the next patch but I dislike this uncertainty. Considering that you can't trade much around, I might start farming aetherforging mats. They seem to be a good income right now and for the future, but again, not sure what will stay and what will get removed after hearing that some of the aetherforging designs will be gone too. @@  

1 hour ago, Alaska-KT said:

how??So will we lose all the mats we collected in Norsvold?

Everything is being removed, all mats pre 6.0 for both old crafting and Aetherforging. Instead, they add new items and mats that fit the 6.0 patch, those mats can only be farmed in Lakrum and some dungeons I believe. 

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

The thing to remember is, in 6.0 we won't be able to trade between our accounts anymore, so if you want to hold onto anything extra for your main, the alts you have must be on the same account you plan on using the items on.

Aside from using the Trade Broker as a trading post, we'll still have access to the Legion Warehouse, so as long as the items are tradable one could transfer items that way. Though it is indeed wise to keep whichever items one wants to use on a particular account incase the item becomes untradeable once 6.0 hits.

10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Everything is being removed, all mats pre 6.0 for both old crafting and Aetherforging. Instead, they add new items and mats that fit the 6.0 patch, those mats can only be farmed in Lakrum and some dungeons I believe. 

Means that everyone who has been hoarding mats like crazy, needs to get rid of them, either sell them now or use them, otherwise you can just rubbish them with the new patch. Kinda sad... But oh well... u.u 

Anything else we should use before the patch? What about the spinel coins, fragments, spinel medals etc.? Those are all tradable for now.

10 hours ago, Pandastein-DN said:

Put some rubbish item with high price in broker, make the toon with money buys it.

Kinah transfer complete.

It's not a bad idea, tbh. Even though it sounds so wrong... somehow.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

All of that is being removed as well.

Holy moly... Well may I ask what to keep then? ToT

I'll use this opportunity then and gear up alts to a certain level then, since this won't be really possible after. As you said, it won't be alts based anymore.

11 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Holy moly... Well may I ask what to keep then? ToT

I'll use this opportunity then and gear up alts to a certain level then, since this won't be really possible after. As you said, it won't be alts based anymore.

You'll want to make sure none of the kinah is stored in the warehouse/legion warehouse or it'll go poof forever.

Mostly purified gears will be exchanged, rest is trashed away. The question remains whether NCWest will be kind enough to exchange +15 Apollon or +15 75 AP gear for example, since that did not happen in Korea.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

You'll want to make sure none of the kinah is stored in the warehouse/legion warehouse or it'll go poof forever.

Mostly purified gears will be exchanged, rest is trashed away. The question remains whether NCWest will be kind enough to exchange +15 Apollon or +15 75 AP gear for example, since that did not happen in Korea.

Hmmm so gearing up alts with CoE gear is not worth it then. But then I can't extract the gear since the aetherforcing mats will get renewed with the new patch UNLESS I'd like to sell them now or even use them myself before the patch hits. Am I correct?

Guess it's time for me to go through all my alts and clearing out things. z.z

10 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Hmmm so gearing up alts with CoE gear is not worth it then. But then I can't extract the gear since the aetherforcing mats will get renewed with the new patch UNLESS I'd like to sell them now or even use them myself before the patch hits. Am I correct?

I haven't seen Korea exchanging the mats for the new mats, but I did see them exchange current manastones and gave out bundles with the new ones, most of them were +10 though.

2 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I need to do the same. Clear out their inventories and delete the toons to get it down to just 2 or 3 alts that I actually like playing.

26 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I need to do the same. Clear out their inventories and delete the toons to get it down to just 2 or 3 alts that I actually like playing.

Wait, don't delete them. Just leave them there in case you need em. D:

I'm not going to delete any of them because I did put so much work into leveling and what not. QQ

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

Wait, don't delete them. Just leave them there in case you need em. D:

I'm not going to delete any of them because I did put so much work into leveling and what not. QQ

Yeah, I mean the ones I care about I obviously won't delete. But there are several that were only leveled through Luna for the purpose of being used in events. I don't even know how to play them properly lol.

1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Goodness lord, mats are deleted, quest inventory items are deleted, can't trade many things if not all... sounds like

"quit Aion till 6.0 because whatever you do now, is getting deleted or rendered useless!"

Current mats are deleted, new ones are added. See https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Magical_Crafting

Quest items are removed because the whole leveling system is revamped. Getting from level 1 to level 80 takes 2-3 days, longer if you're taking it slow. It took me 5 days to reach it.

Before 5.x patch, you couldn't trade most gears, in fact, even before 4.x, no gear was tradeable unless you had a courier. 

6.0 is good, but it's needed when I stare at the current state of the game. The earlier it comes, the better.

Archived