Leave your Legacy - Your choices

Arhangelos

Design Contest - Your choice  

21 members have voted

1. 1. NCSoft made their choice, what is your choice though (choose only one)

• Prototype – Katalam
    • PocoMookie – Katalam
    • Rakesh – Danaria
    • Instantnoodles - Danaria
    • Krypps – Danaria
    • Spiritknife – Danaria

OK the names and photos and the order I put this is from the announcements section. Lets vote here our own personal favorites. I made the poll so you can only choose one favorite (although I personally would wear a few of these easily).

Drop a comment as well explaining your choice and you can also write what you didn't like on some of these if you want to, keep it clean and non insulting :D
Also unfortunately the photos are super small, we cannot even read the text there.

Source:http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/announcements/06112018-leave-your-legacy-costume-design-contest-winner.php

===========================================================================
Grand Prize Winner: Prototype – Katalam

PrototypeOI_KT.jpg

PocoMookie – Katalam

PocoMookie_1_KT.jpg

Rakesh – Danaria

Rakesh_DN.jpg

Instantnoodles - Danaria

Instantnoodles_UN.jpg

Krypps – Danaria

Krypps_DN.jpg

Spiritknife – Danaria

Spiritknife_DN.jpg

My vote went to Poco Mookie:

Reason, I have a male char and most male costumes in general are bad (not from the above list, I mean general in game from NCSoft). Shaggy pants, overly nerdy things etc is not my thing. And since I play a sorc, our skins that are cloth-only usually are robes and I grew to loath them.

So Poco's entry was literally Royal, elegant, almost like a weird knight outfit (I judge the male mostly since I play a male). I like how there is a beautiful sharpness to it almost as if it is made both from expensive cloth but also with metal parts. Dark red looks good.

What I wouldn't use of the set: the head and the shoulders. The rest is amazing.
~~~~~
Other designs I liked:
I liked Rakesh's design in general but as I said I am not so font of lower shaggy pants on my male char, the female though is pretty dope. It would have been pretty close to my favorite if the pants were more fitting and less clothy on the male.

I think Kryps' design is ok too. A little bit more sketchy design, costumy and pagan-style. I am trying to imagine my char into this.

I cannot judge SpiritKnife's design since I cannot put it together on a male, I can only imagine it, looks like a dancer on Lord of the Dance. And if I would make it myself I would make it all minus the shoulder thing that falls. The female dress is very good.

~~~~

Now now there, I didn't judge the first yet.

It is kawaii, cute and big cupcake party style for females (Alice in wonderland went Anime style), and nerdy semi-punk for the guys, the top also looks like it is from a different set to the bottom. But that is exactly what my preference is not. Judging the male one, it has shaggy pants, a little hipster, extra nerdy, anti-fit, a little bit too anime etc. Like it is almost as if he drew all the things I don't really find attractive.

...excuse everyone, no shade.

Aion is bringing a lot of nyerk animal-pijama things, candies with kawaii animal appearances, cute bubbly things, minions that look like chibi anime, male outfits that have nothing to do with the title, female outfits that should be censored etc. so I can see why NCSoft liked it and I can see many people wearing this too since I saw a lot of outfits that already exist and I didn't like, to be used by many people (of course those super tiny chars, don't waste money on skins, we can't see you)

it is a matter of my personal preference that the winner is my least favorite since my preferences are the exact opposite.

Rakesh.. Rakesh.. and more Rakesh.

I have zero idea why that design didn't win. It combines everything people love about Aion skins.. including the glowy effect on the TM hat! I think that NCWest would have made buckets more money selling Rakesh's skin than any other of the designs. Not saying that the others aren't cute, but Rakesh's design is perfection.

24 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I have zero idea why that design didn't win. It combines everything people love about Aion skins.. including the glowy effect on the TM hat! I think that NCWest would have made buckets more money selling Rakesh's skin than any other of the designs. Not saying that the others aren't cute, but Rakesh's design is perfection.

I agree, this one is more epic fantasy than the rest. Poco's design was also like many skins already in aion too.

They should make all these skins available. Maybe they could earn more money and end up asking people for favorites instead of putting out their own favorite. We all know NCSoft and develoeprs are always doing the exact opposite of what gamers like/ask for

22 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

They should make all these skins available. Maybe they could earn more money and end up asking people for favorites instead of putting out their own favorite. We all know NCSoft and develoeprs are always doing the exact opposite of what gamers like/ask for

That's what I was thinking too. Considering that the event reward was not that great, they could launch them all. They would get the benefit of it anyway BUT keep in mind that the devs need to design them all and it will take some time too. Maybe that's why? D:

16 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

That's what I was thinking too. Considering that the event reward was not that great, they could launch them all. They would get the benefit of it anyway BUT keep in mind that the devs need to design them all and it will take some time too. Maybe that's why? D:

Meanwhile they have created so many ugly skins that nobody will ever use either because they are ugly or super simple. They didn't have to make it overnight and it wouldn't be one person working for this.

Heck they gave a revamp on ishalgen as if anyone plays there more than 10 minutes or something. But yeah, this is NCSoft, whatever we say has absolutely no common sense to them.

~~~~

I do not remember any other contest but searching in google I found this link, it seems we got all these wings.

https://na.aiononline.com/en/news/community/09222016-lyl-wings-of-atreia-winners.php

6 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Meanwhile they have created so many ugly skins that nobody will ever use either because they are ugly or super simple. They didn't have to make it overnight and it wouldn't be one person working for this.

Heck they gave a revamp on ishalgen as if anyone plays there more than 10 minutes or something. But yeah, this is NCSoft, whatever we say has absolutely no common sense to them.

Well that depends on your taste, really. lol I need to give them some props on the new designs and the upcoming ones too. They got much better in designing, imo! <3

About Ishalgen, it was very needed imo. It's the starting area for any player, new ones and returning ones. It needs to be appealing, imo. So I'm actually happy about it since it's so pretty now! :3 AND those maps will stay for a bit longer, not like Illuma and Norsvold for example. Still very upsetting that they will remove those. I really liked the looks of it. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Complicated 3D model, and another person pointed out particle effects can cause lag. :/ (and we see how the winning design can be translated to bolero/palentine's existing 3D models... pretty lazy, right?)

I... didn't like hers. It looks great and Aion-y, but I just don't like it.

I liked Poco's and Spirit's.

I really like Poco's and Rakesh's design. By all means, all designs were very pretty, but those two just hit me from the start. <3

When I saw the design and heard that just the 1st winner's design will get available in-game, I got upset... because I wanted to have those horns made by Rakesh so badly. QQ

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Dev's chose the winner based on the stiffness of the costume...If I not wrong, AION has lots of stiff costumes and there is a lack of fluidity on fabric...except for the ones already designed in Korea and are in pack.  Prototype' costume is stiff and easy to design for NA devs.....Poco's design is also stiff but male have cape which require cloth fluidity which made her go 2nd places. Rakesh' also has cloth fluidity, The other 2 female costumes are gowns or have shoulder fabric which again require fabric fluidity and animation.... Result:  Lazy developers quickest choice is stiff and hassle free costume...

3 hours ago, Hudya-DN said:

I think the Dev's chose the winner based on the stiffness of the costume...If I not wrong, AION has lots of stiff costumes and there is a lack of fluidity on fabric...except for the ones already designed in Korea and are in pack.  Prototype' costume is stiff and easy to design for NA devs.....Poco's design is also stiff but male have cape which require cloth fluidity which made her go 2nd places. Rakesh' also has cloth fluidity, The other 2 female costumes are gowns or have shoulder fabric which again require fabric fluidity and animation.... Result:  Lazy developers quickest choice is stiff and hassle free costume...

That would be an interesting theory if it weren't for the fact that everything is developed in Korea. For the weapons and wings contest we have had thus far, the NA staff chose the winner and then sent it to Korea to be created. 

Oh do they? I thought NA developers will make it since its from NA server contest . But still the cloth fluidity sucks in AION, You can see how bad they make it by comparing the sketches and the actual game costume output just from this: 

6804004_Thumb.pngbb99d09d1528276e92284f16636eb32c.jpg

The details on the clothing are so-so but the fluidity and length of the cloth has bee reduced, even the shoulder sleeve for female is stiff.  If it had more fluidity like the shoulder piece of Library outfit...it would have looked way better.

I'd have been ok with them saying that they will make the designs but would have to omit some stuff that could create graphics lags and overloads of memory to do. They would have to remove the flowers that float around from Rakesh for example and obviously make the cloth-y parts more solid. they could also put upfront some rules, like don't put too many transparent things and things that need to be overly animated, people would understand.

9 out of 10 sorcerer armors have a robe-like appearance and they are not only ugly, but also too solid.

Archived