game wont start

GenericUser1887

if could see a technical discussion page i would post there but i don't see one so here goes..

game is installed perfectly file check/repair done ,run program as blah blah  done..compatibility box unchecked, done.. everything on every forum has been done.. 

clicks "play now" aion logo pops up..then......the game encountered an error windows will close the program.

i'm tired and just have had enough.. this is the ONLY mmo i play where every patch and every maintenance you encounter an error.. this is too much.

5 minutes ago, Vader-IS said:

ok cheesecake.

they should hire you..all the things ive tried were from people you helped..you are amazing..

Have you tried this yet? This was a way later fix, so I dunno if you ever got to see it if you were looking at old forums.

Pull up your Aion folder, go into your bin64 folder, rename the aion.bin file to aion.bin.old, and then try launching the game again.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. xD 

you make ncsoft support team look like kindergerten kids, what would have taken them a day or 2 you did in 2 posts..

its working now..thank you very much and keep doing what you do.. im 100% sure you have kept alot ....ALOT of people playing this game.

real talk.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Have you tried this yet? This was a way later fix, so I dunno if you ever got to see it if you were looking at old forums.

Pull up your Aion folder, go into your bin64 folder, rename the aion.bin file to aion.bin.old, and then try launching the game again.

Are you using windows 10? I had this problem and everytime the game updated I had to rename the bin file and run in 32bit. Ended up changing the game to run in windows 8 compatibility mode and the game has been working with 64bit ever since. 

Hi guys ! I cant see where to post this so i will leave my issues here. Was playing Aion on a 32 bit platform, with win7 sp1 installed. The c++ error keeps poping, specialy after 5.3 was out, i decided to take a break, returned now with a new win 10 installed, full updated, drivers and so on. Just reinstalled aion from 0, relogged into the game and boom, after 30 sec i get again the c++ error. I mean i know the launcher needs .net 2.0 to run, thats why i installed win10 wich contains the 2.0 version. Now why i still have this issue again ?! thx in advance !

15 minutes ago, MaLvita-SL said:

Hi guys ! I cant see where to post this so i will leave my issues here. Was playing Aion on a 32 bit platform, with win7 sp1 installed. The c++ error keeps poping, specialy after 5.3 was out, i decided to take a break, returned now with a new win 10 installed, full updated, drivers and so on. Just reinstalled aion from 0, relogged into the game and boom, after 30 sec i get again the c++ error. I mean i know the launcher needs .net 2.0 to run, thats why i installed win10 wich contains the 2.0 version. Now why i still have this issue again ?! thx in advance !

Try updating to the latest version of the .Net framework 4.7

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

Also saw a suggestion on the old forums to lower your graphics shader quality ingame.

Edit:

Also, are you trying to run Discord/Teamspeak/anything else at the same time?

All your graphics and other drivers up to date? D: Is Windows up to date?

Are you using the same computer as before, just with a new OS?

Can also try:

Right click Aion > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option > Apply

Open CMD and type: netsh winsock reset

If none of those work, I'm sorry. :( That sucks. The C++ error is so rare, I don't have a nice fix for it.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

All your graphics and other drivers up to date? D: Is Windows up to date?

Are you using the same computer as before, just with a new OS?

Can also try:

Right click Aion > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option > Apply

Open CMD and type: netsh winsock reset

If none of those work, I'm sorry. :( That sucks. The C++ error is so rare, I don't have a nice fix for it.

all is up to date ....still not works ! i just dont get it why a sistem wich already have the .net 2.0 included + the latest .net update it gives me this sh.tty error ?! ....i dont know what else to do !....

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Jazzmonet-KT said:

Uninstalled and reinstalled game, went thru all updates, repairs, restarted computer,  game still will not launch.  Help!

maybe try to describe what's happening or show us an error message if you get one, there can be several scenarios...

Have you even tried fixes in this thread like renaming aion.bin in bin64 to anything else?

• 6 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 7:57 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

after 2 years this still works for me. thanks :D I already tried scanning windows system files etc. :D

• 7 months later...
On 2017-08-24 at 7:57 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I concur that this worked. Using a gaming laptop with Windows 10 and now it loads perfectly. Thank you!

Archived