Preparing for 6.0 ~ What are you guys up to?

Ethreil-KT

Whats up guys, I'm a 75 Songweaver on KT-E. Im currently in +15 75 AP gear and +5 75 AP Acc. I have PvE Gray Wolf Acc's and a harvester wep +15, but ive been using my 75 ap armor for PvE, which kinda sucks for augments. 

So I have a little bit of progress to continue in as far as gear goes but... should I really be concerned? With 6.0 on the horizon within the next few months, this is usually the time I start preparing AP/Medals/Kinah for the next patch.

First off, should I be concerned with going for a harvester set? I only want to do this if there is some viability either through purification or upgrades for this gear to be END GAME quality gear in 6.0.

Should I try to purify my 75 AP set? I surely dont want to do this if im going to have to replace it with better gear in 6.0, but would there be any way to upgrade this gear to next tier/new AP gear released?

What items/medals etc should I be stocking to prepare for 6.0? Gray Wolf Marks, Blood Medals/Blood Marks, Spinel Medals, Commander Purification things from BoS etc...

Last but certainly not least, what things are you guys doing to prepare for 6.0 in the long run? Any neat End Game money making tricks are applauded, I feel as though im making little progress these days. Back in the old golden days I used to just rake in kinah off my Master Alchemy but... Ive been playing this patch for quite awhile now and i still feel as though theres nothing to do but all your instances to make kinah. There seems to be little money made thinking "outside of the box" , crafting/farming elite mobs/hidden areas... I mean surely theres got to be more to Illuma than random crap everywhere that drops rubbish.

48 minutes ago, Ethreil-KT said:

First off, should I be concerned with going for a harvester set? I only want to do this if there is some viability either through purification or upgrades for this gear to be END GAME quality gear in 6.0.

Should I try to purify my 75 AP set? I surely dont want to do this if im going to have to replace it with better gear in 6.0, but would there be any way to upgrade this gear to next tier/new AP gear released?

Master Harvester and 80AP gear at +15 or higher are both exchanged for new 6.0 gear. That said, it's not *the best* 6.0 gear. It's just better than what people will have if they don't have anything to exchange at all. People who have like +30 80AP gear will get better exchanges than people with +15 80AP gear. Regular Harvester and 75AP gear are also exchanged, but only at +25 or higher. Here is a chart for exchanges:

52 minutes ago, Ethreil-KT said:

Last but certainly not least, what things are you guys doing to prepare for 6.0 in the long run?

Personally, I'm working on enchanting my stigmas, and I just got aetherforging to 300. Both things are still highly relevant in 6.0 and beyond.

I actually have a sheet of paper next to my computer as my "6.0 bucket list":

• Recheck I have completed all quests in low level areas.
  • Complete Enshar quests.
  • Complete Norsvold/Iluma quests (just killing stuff).
  • Getting the level 80 Abyss gear. (top is done, just need boots, gloves, shoulders and wings)
  • Decrees of Valor for the accessories, spamming BT (I only need 100 more).
  • Complete Atreian Bestiary: Only needing Dagur, Varak, Auronos, Barthor & Barthor's adds.
  • Aetherforging 300p.
  • Aetherforging crafting: Elroco Pet, Porkin Pet, Golden Karki Pet, Lightspeed Ironfang.
  • Completing Padmarashka's Cave.
  • Crafting Dark Dragon King Staff.
  • Islands of Eternity quest x5 (Zapiel).
  • Complete this last Hero quest and regular quest in Levinshor.
  • Running Frozen Monolith once more.
  • Taking part on Sky Island's weekly invasion.

For my main char:

*Currently my goal is to get all 15+ purified harvester pieces 

* Finishing or trying  to enchanting stigmas  when next power event comes around

*  finishing leveling aetherforging

*Saving up kinah and not forgeting to give the kinah to my main character toons, not alts that I wont be playing since kinah and other stuff will be untradeable 

*Maybe enchanting  and purifying pvp gear and accesories(prime armor and weapon is 15+)  but I've been lazy with  Evergale :/

*Maybe try to get some in game name titles 

*Use up untradeable omegas and and temperings on lowbie alts ( I have alot of them) since you can exchange those items for new ones but almost everything is character bound in 6.x

* Get in game skins that will be gone in 6.x

My 'ugh I guess I should do it' list goes something like this:

• purify a few items that I don't have a great need for right now but would be good to have upgrades for in 6.0 if the exchange happens as we expect it to;
  • build up a backlog of 60 day cabinets for that one character that is permanently short on storage space because it's where I play dress-up the most;
  • sort my storage of extra skins that I put on a certain alt and move them around to characters that might use them in the future;
  • run a few extra Esos, Udases and whatnot for those skins;
  • maybe aetherforge some of the Abyssal/Kahrun ones;
  • start a new pumpkin tree patch (this depends on the daily RNG for luna recipe selection of course);
  • finish up a few minions all the way to stage 2 (low priority, looks like minium will be easier to get, maybe?);
  • get a couple more stigmas to +9;
  • get a few pretty earring skins crafted/fished out of Sauro/etc. because I'm this level of picky;
  • remind a friend who collects titles to collect the titles.

Archived