Forums

Aion Crashes After Launch?

Birb-KT

I've never posted here before, so bear with me. I've looked around for similar issues, but nothing I've found seems quite like the issue I'm having.

Sometimes when I launch Aion on my laptop, I sign in and click play and all that, but a few seconds after the splash screen shows up, it simply disappears. No "Aion has stopped working" or anything like that. It just goes away. I've tried rebooting my computer and checking the disk (found to do that on another forum with a similar issue), but nothing has worked. Once when I tried recording a video of the process it started working again. I didn't do anything different. Now about a week later it's doing the same thing: crashing almost immediately after the splash screen comes up. The XIGNCODE3 popup doesn't appear, so I think it might be an issue with that? Either way I have no clue how to resolve it.

Here's a video if that helps: 

NCsoft/Aion/bin64 folder. Rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old

If no work, right-click Aion, properties, compatibility, run compatibility in Windows 8.

8 hours ago, Birb-KT said:

I've never posted here before, so bear with me. I've looked around for similar issues, but nothing I've found seems quite like the issue I'm having.

Sometimes when I launch Aion on my laptop, I sign in and click play and all that, but a few seconds after the splash screen shows up, it simply disappears. No "Aion has stopped working" or anything like that. It just goes away. I've tried rebooting my computer and checking the disk (found to do that on another forum with a similar issue), but nothing has worked. Once when I tried recording a video of the process it started working again. I didn't do anything different. Now about a week later it's doing the same thing: crashing almost immediately after the splash screen comes up. The XIGNCODE3 popup doesn't appear, so I think it might be an issue with that? Either way I have no clue how to resolve it.

Here's a video if that helps: 

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If no work, right-click Aion, properties, compatibility, run compatibility in Windows 8.

Thank you so much!! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/07/2018 at 2:39 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Renaming aion.bin worked flawlessly for me ,thank you.

It resolves the issue with xigncode not starting.

• 1 month later...

as a quick fix to close the game client if you are unable to get your task manager to load in a useable area, you can write a bat file to kill the game using the following code

"taskkill /IM Aion.bin /f"  

save this without quotes in a text document, then change the file extension from .txt to .bat and run it as admin to kill the task without needing to use task manager.  Just make sure the file is accessible on a monitor the game doesn't load on.

Archived