Past, Present and Furture?

KetJustin

Here I was looking for NA release date for 6.0 and I could not help but think about the several years prior Looking up 3.0 4.0 4.8 5.0 Feels all so long ago. You know I only ever feel in love with the game with the fortress to me Pve felt like the thing I had to do to have the upper hand at the pvp battles, Yet now the most action you get is a few people randomly fighting each other. Were did all the Magic go? I think back all the good times I had then I log in and I'm just feeling like its all empty inside sure merged servers put a bunch of people together but now 99% of the player base is just praying for the new patch. Great lets recycle old events endlessly to keep the few people on that only play because they don't want it to end, Who knows 6.0 might bring back a flame or just have the same thing repainted over and over again to the point where the paint is so thick that not even a bullet could pierce it. I guess what I'm saying is when a mmorpg  because just a orpg game it loses it fun.

IMO, you can never recapture past feelings of wonderment simply because the experience of "newness" is gone. It's similar to addictions: the first hit is great and subsequent hits are also good, but eventually you need more and more to feel the same high. That's nostalgia for you. The truth is, the logic you're applying to your experience on Aion goes for all things in life. You'll find something new to capture your attention, spend time on it, then eventually you'll grow out of it and begin seeking something else to replace it. You grow and change. Your tastes evolve over time. Where did the magic go? I can't answer that for you. In a lot of respects, I agree with your opinion that 6.x will just be putting a bit of fluff on something that we're all already familiar with, but that's okay. If it gives people something to look forward to and enjoy, so be it. That's the beauty of gaming: you can hop into a different world and lose yourself for a period of time before it becomes stale and you go about seeking a new high. For some, that passion may never go away, and that's okay too.

Enjoy it for what it is while it's there, move on when it's no longer making you happy. You have limited time on this world to be doing the things that give joy and meaning to your life, so if Aion is no longer your thing, let it go.  

Archived