Aion 6.2 EU Release date for September-October

Drealud-DN

Honestly it's the user bases fault NCstaff is so tight lipped about upcoming updates. Just look at the people complaining about Kumuki not starting this week. If the staff gave us a time line for 6.0 (say sept/oct) the players would light their torches and pitchforks the instant Sept 1 rolled around with no update.

That being said we always get our updates before EU, Japan is getting 6.2 in a week or so. I'm starting to think we may get an announcement toward the end of July for a release in late August. I expect at least a month of prep time and doubt they would release during the 9th Anniversary. That or we will get our update after the Anniversary events.

No matter when we get the update I just hope they gives us plenty of time and events to catch up on gear enchantments to get good exchange rates when the time comes. 

The problem is not having them not release a specific date, but rather the lack of communication with their playerbase. There's no posts, or info or even hints when it's coming. EU already said it's September or October, Russia already released their exchange list for items, Japan is getting new patch next week, but NA is the most neglected. Most of the people here just want some sort of light shed on this, but complete radio silence is what frustrates the players, therefore finding other flaws in the company to release their anger on, aka Kumuki in this case.

We're just tired of being ignored.

14 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

The problem is not having them not release a specific date, but rather the lack of communication with their playerbase. There's no posts, or info or even hints when it's coming. EU already said it's September or October, Russia already released their exchange list for items, Japan is getting new patch next week, but NA is the most neglected. Most of the people here just want some sort of light shed on this, but complete radio silence is what frustrates the players, therefore finding other flaws in the company to release their anger on, aka Kumuki in this case.

We're just tired of being ignored.

Also a few days ago one of RU community managers confirmed that 6.2 will be installed on their live servers in the middle of August approximately. 

It feels kind of off that Aion NCWest are refusing to communicate with their playerbase and don't bother answering even basic questions.

This issue won't go away, because NCWest is a direct subsidiary of Korea, they're limited to what they can post or what info to publish. Remember how long we waited for new forums? Same issue, different story, although we did manage to get the new forums after like 2-3 years, NA's website is the true testament of how much neglect we suffer, and how long we're now waiting for it to update. Your best bet and option is to never have high expectations here, you'll be less disappointed.

Korea doesn't care about NA, because Innova and Gameforge flood them with money.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Russia already released their exchange list for items

Tbh, I would be perfectly happy with only receiving this info. At least then, we'll know how much higher we need to be enchanting/tempering our stuff in order to meet the exchange requirements. Like, we know what Korea did, but Russia did something a little different. So we really don't know if NA will also be different than Korea, so we could be wasting time trying to enchant things higher than we need to be.

• Aion Team

The next update for Aion is, as you all know, quite intensive. It should be no surprise that we are hard at work on it and looking at ways to more easily adapt it for our region. We're not ready to announce anything yet, but when we do we show you all. As the weeks go by you'll see more from us and we have a lot up information planned. You guys are very eager for more information and excited to see what's coming and it's great reading through all of the posts.

Stay tuned~

23 minutes ago, Cyan said:

The next update for Aion is, as you all know, quite intensive. It should be no surprise that we are hard at work on it and looking at ways to more easily adapt it for our region. We're not ready to announce anything yet, but when we do we show you all. As the weeks go by you'll see more from us and we have a lot up information planned. You guys are very eager for more information and excited to see what's coming and it's great reading through all of the posts.

Stay tuned~

Do you guys intend to make a open server test ? I believe it would help to finish faster since it is a huge update and would avoid bug like the one we still have with 5.8

12 hours ago, Cyan said:

Stay tuned~

We know you're working hard on it but we as players would like to know the approximate time frame when we get it. EU and RU said what they're aiming for (=when they LIKELY release it). We know it's hard to give exact date but at least we would know how much time APPROXIMATELY left till 6.0 (or 6.2, we don't know if we get 6.0 or 6.2 with it along).

13 hours ago, Cyan said:

Stay tuned~

While I can live with the waiting, I really do hope you guys will give us the heads up about the patch far enough in advance. Right now the thing I'm dreading most is a "6.x next week, gl hf!" type of announcement.

19 hours ago, Cyan said:

Stay tuned~

I definitely agree with the other replies that even a hint of a time frame would be good.  Right now people are leaving the game because nothing matters because we all know 6.0 is a total reboot.  If people had a tentative deadline - they could come back to the game and start focusing on preparing for the patch instead of leaving to play other games (and possibly not returning)

Way back in the day we had a test server for patches.  I remember it was when the stun sound effect came out.  I think it could only help to have a test server so people stop going to Korea to test your content lol

We're just doing 4.9 over again...where it took a really long time to get info on when we were getting 5.0 that people took a break and then didn't come back because they got invested in other games during that longass interim between 4.9 and 5.0.

I respect what you're trying to do, man, but you all are NCSoon'ing the shit out of this patch.

21 hours ago, Cyan said:

Stay tuned~

While it's great to see you pop into this thread, let's acknowledge that by now,  and likely quite some time ago - someone in your office knew which version of 6.0 we were getting. So you could have made an official announcement as to  which patch we were going to get, even without providing the release date, since as you say, there are many changes and the last thing anyone wants is to have decisions made too quickly that we won't like.

But- to say  that you're not "ready to announce anything" in light of Japan, Russia and EU already making major announcements, could be  why less and less people are "staying tuned".

I think its kinda weird that you guys  cant say anything while other regions have already done so.... I'm not asking for a release date but you guys could tell if we are getting 6.0 or 6.2? Confirmation like that would be  appreciated. 

I guess I'll go play Russian or EU  version when 6.2 comes out while NA figuring out when and what to announce ...... 

Archived