Wednesday Maintenance + New events (668MB update?)

Arhangelos

Is the maintenance's update today THAT big, it downloaded 668MB.

Also what is it with those fake events we get? An event needs to have its own thing. This is not an event we have now, it's like a drop boost for some additional items (the event ones) to do some quests. It forces you to do pve instances that are normal, to get some event rewards.

A real event is the one that you play by itself, in its own instance or that is irrelevant to existing non-event instances an mobs.

Take a look at the events they got in Europe, not only they get REAL events, they have 4 real events at once:

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/3467-Maintenance-01-08-2018/

• [Boost] +50% Exp/+50% Drop (Nosra and Esterra) - permanent, until further notice.
  • [PvE] Kumuki (bi-weekly) - will be activated until 08.08.2018. <--- Real event
  • [Event] Return to the Shugo Imperial Tomb - still active until 08.08.2018. <--- Real event
  • [Event] Tiamaranta's eye - will be activated until 15.08.2018 (news available tomorrow). <--- Real event
  • [Event] The Grand Daeva race - will be activated until 29.08.2018. <--- Real event (best event so far)

Regarding events, 2 bad 4 u.

As for the size of the patch you downloaded, I just updated mine and it is nowhere near as big as you described. Maybe the patcher just detected something off in your client and replaced stuff? Mine was just around the usual 5 MB

Just now, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I was in EU and they sold the servers to GF and GF back then ruined the game, then I came here. In servers that already die you do have the audacity to tell people to leave.

There'd a big reason GF can put so many event things: they are a third party, so, things go like this

*"Well NCsoft, we are paying to you to have the rights, so let us do whatever we want with Aion"* 

Unlile us, NA servers are part of NCSoft, so we must play by whatever koreans want.

Also, communitu here is weird, when we have some event related to a exclusive instance (Kumuki as example), people goes "end this event, there's no people to run regular instances", when we have events like actual one, " end this event, I don't wanna run those inatances".

I guess something was off in my client and it redownloaded it all. I usually rename the movies folder so I won't have to see those cutscenes every time, but I saw that and it was OK so I am not sure what was it.

As for the events, I think they do have a saying on what event they put here. It is just these drop events are not really events. I guess we should see it as if "hey there are times there are no events at all, so lets be happy we got some sh!tty one now, better than nothing".

Lets stay positive, we get some useless event drops now that we can delete like the junk we do.

That said, I definitely wouldnt mind a permanent Drop Rate buff in Norsvold/Iluma. Materials are so much easier to get from mobs, and I am talking about Water Drops and Natural Gems. Considering the hefty amount of them required to craft high proficiency recipes, it can take you hours to get them all. Shall I tell the tale of me trying to craft all pets from Aetherforging? :P

I agree wholeheartedly with @Vantheria-DN. Four events that require active participation means those that can't spend all their time on their game would miss out on a lot more than the usual, and even those who can play all day all the time would feel like there's always something they're missing out on because, well, there would be! So idk about others, but I don't need that kind of stress in my life, tyvm.

13 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

NCwest isn't perfect, but having Shugo Temple, Kumuki, Tia Eye, and Daeva Dash all at the same time sounds absolutely awful. WAAAAAY too much going on. Some of us have jobs and need to sleep. Have all of those major events going on at the same time? Very stressful.

I think Daeva Dash was the most exhausting for me (especially since I wanted to do it on my alts) but it was worth the effort. Having multiple heavy-type events fatigues people real quick, there needs to be a balance lol.

18 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Take a look at the events they got in Europe, not only they get REAL events, they have 4 real events at once:

• [PvE] Kumuki (bi-weekly) - will be activated until 08.08.2018. <--- Real event
  • [Event] Return to the Shugo Imperial Tomb - still active until 08.08.2018. <--- Real event
  • [Event] Tiamaranta's eye - will be activated until 15.08.2018 (news available tomorrow). <--- Real event
  • [Event] The Grand Daeva race - will be activated until 29.08.2018. <--- Real event (best event so far)

These are all hand-me-downs from NA Aion (which in turn gets them from KR). Now let's take a trip down the memory lane and see what the "real" EU events have looked like for most of Aion's history.

People need to understand 4x events are meant for your main, if you want to run them on all 100 alts of yours this is not the game's problem.

Anyway we have kumuki now, go run it in all your 100 alts, :D  I'll do the same

But I also kinda agree 4x awesome events is too much to ask, I only said get 1 real event at a time, but be a real one.

Archived