About the possibility of a new server for 6.0

Matsukamy-KT

To be more accurate, first Kahrun, then it was Beritra- so it was TWO new servers. Keep in mind even Korea does not have a master server any more - they don't have the population for anything other than the main release version.

The surge in population that you are talking about is likely to be very fairly short-lived.

P.S. I would bet 6.2 , not 6.0

I was thinking about this as well and it seems impossible for them to not open a new server. All regions that released 6.0+ have opened new servers. It just makes sense considering the massive changes. People who are returning from long absences/ new players aren't going to want to start over on a server with such a massive gear disadvantage. Take a look at this video from Accordance link. This is the equivalent of a fresh lvl 80 after 2-3 weeks farming for a tier 1 pvp set vs someone in only a +10 tier 2 set (no where near max geared). The difference in gear is far worse then it is now.

Korea opened 2 new servers and updated the master servers to normal servers with 6.0 release. 3 months later they merged down to 4 servers. I doubt NCwest could manage 2 new servers but 1 would help entice new/returning players.

Until it's inevitably dead just like Kahrun and Beritra were? I know the gear gap is extremely shitty, but another server will just be dead within three months and we'll be back at square one, albeit with a server we have to flip a coin to decide if it's Katalam or Danaria it'd be merged with.

I don't have a lot of glowing optimism that NCWest will somehow manage to get and keep a bunch of new players, especially since their version of advertising is "word of mouth." We're still using the same site from 2011, and it still has the new player tips guide up that has nothing to do with the current patch. 

Korea had going f2p to carry them with new numbers...we don't.

It would be reasonable to open a new server only if at the time we have 6.2 in NA so many players return that the current two servers are not enough, but I really do not see that happening (hopefully it happens), I only imagine that amount of returning players would be enough to make the two servers look more active, but not like to open another one.

Only master server merged with pandemonium on KR and that's cause the devs said the spirit/idea of the master server was integrated into the design of 6.0. So in 6.0 master server was converted to a useless normal server with no reason to play on it so it merged. There's still the original 3 live servers and 2 new ones.

KR was saved by 6.0 with a 6x population boost 1 month after launch. Ofc ncsoft has failed to release anything good after and population is only 3x now with a big drop this month. 

6.0 doesn't work without a new server and if NCWest is the only region not to release one not only is it a sign that the game is officially dead here BUT all the flaws in 6.0 that a new server covers up will be seen so much sooner :). 

Dying games need gimmicks, other games do fresh starts and try to feed off the player boost. 6.0 hype is the first time I've seen Aion mentioned outside of Aion circles in a LONG time. Who cares about a website when a returning/new player has to deal with being literally 2 shot for 3-6 months. 6.0 is a pvp patch btw, the pvp is the majority of the content. Who in the nyerk is masochistic enough to be veteran fodder for that long? Not even in good modern games would people deal with that. 

Even if the server merges into KT/DN 3 months down the road, you will still retain greater than 0 players which is a massive improvement to the bleed out that will continue till the lights are shut off.

15 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Have people already forgotten the Beritra server disaster? :/

You’re comparing oranges with apples . 6.0 is going back to the basics . This is the time when me and hundreds of other veterans were in . 6.0 is going to revive aion the same way it did for Korea . Korea was as dead as aion is right now before 6.0.

10 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

It would be reasonable to open a new server only if at the time we have 6.2 in NA so many players return that the current two servers are not enough, but I really do not see that happening (hopefully it happens), I only imagine that amount of returning players would be enough to make the two servers look more active, but not like to open another one.

Yeah, but the thing is, they have to open the server BEFORE in expectation to that. Not wait to see  if there are players and then open so they start new one. 

ez fix: merge DN and KT, open new server, watch as chaos ensues

Putting all veterans together isnt nowhere near as bad as new  players along with veterans for 6.0.

The thing is, 6.x is the last chance for Aion. If they do not make interesting for plaayers to invest their time, it wont be worthy to even try, considering what we can see from the mechanics. If NC make hell to players, they simply wont stick to it for more than 1 month. Now YOU guys, if you are still here, you probably aint leaving.

Gonna have to side with no here.  Do not give us a new server, The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Kahrun released at free to play was good for few years until it started to bleed players till it became borderline dead.  Beritra released with the Failed Steam Launch all that happened was players from active servers rerolled on the new server and played for a bit before many decided to go back to their other characters on other servers and borderline killed Beritra.

So while I understand the want for a new server due to gear gap the only way even jokingly it may work is to merge Katalam and Danaria like Capa mentioned and then have a fresh start server.  We know players are going to reroll from the existing servers onto new one and we would be in the same spot as those other 2 failed new servers.  The big population increase will not last and people will come back and go as they have done with every big patch in Na.

Heck Kt-e have been on these forums asking to nerf the UA forts because they can't get enough people to make go fast what do you think will happen to populations on existing server with a new server? 

So while I understand the reasoning for asking honestly the NA community has allready proven that fresh start servers won't work and the majority of the players who play on it will be rerolls not new players and that causes a whole different problem.

I personally believe a new server is the better choice. However i am not talking about a permanent server here tho i believe a server with a timer(2 months) would be perfect for what Aion is in need of at this point in time.

This gives the new players(if any) and returning players a platform where they can get use to the game again while not giving the current active players any incentive to re-roll on to the new server in fear it may be the better one to play on. 

On 8/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Have people already forgotten the Beritra server disaster? :/

Is completly different cuz Beritra came on a really bad momment in the game just when the items became tradables and the economy gone insane, the P2W dominates the game and makes low population servers die. Now with new economy system that shouldnt happen that easy, it's also better play in a virgin server considering all the help you get from lvl 1-75 and the fast lvling system bring back again.

No freakin' thanks.

Once said new server's populations recede and disappear into the aether, (and they will), those left will have to be merged into Katalam and Danaria. Meaning...another round of name resets and housing losses for all. Man, some of you peeps must suffer from short-term memory apparently.

I can guarantee you that would kill what pop is left in this game faster than any potential shitty patch.

On 09/08/2018 at 7:23 PM, Chibiusa-DN said:

Is completly different cuz Beritra came on a really bad momment in the game just when the items became tradables and the economy gone insane, the P2W dominates the game and makes low population servers die. Now with new economy system that shouldnt happen that easy, it's also better play in a virgin server considering all the help you get from lvl 1-75 and the fast lvling system bring back again.

We have to consider the reality of what will inevitably happen. From what i see in Korea, pvp is just awfull. In general, open world is people being 3-5 shot constantly, like 1 out of 100 fights is an actual fight. Discipline and arena pvp is good, but you have to consider that this is oponent selection and also inter server pvp. But since a good chunk of the game will be open world, i dont see how this will be good for any new player.

as far as population, i can guarantee that around 50% of the people will quit in 3 months regardless of how good the game is or is not.

Long term Aion isnt really for lots of people.

4 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

We have to consider the reality of what will inevitably happen. From what i see in Korea, pvp is just awfull. In general, open world is people being 3-5 shot constantly, like 1 out of 100 fights is an actual fight. Discipline and arena pvp is good, but you have to consider that this is oponent selection and also inter server pvp. But since a good chunk of the game will be open world, i dont see how this will be good for any new player.

as far as population, i can guarantee that around 50% of the people will quit in 3 months regardless of how good the game is or is not.

Long term Aion isnt really for lots of people.

People will not quit with in 3 months it took less then that for people playing on the new servers from scratch to get full Red gear at least +10. They will quit in 1-2 weeks if anything. Once they make it past that and realize progression is capped it will have more chance to retain players.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Chibiusa-DN said:

Beritra came out before 5.0. It was dead well before we even reached 5.0. Via Google, it looks like Beritra came out Oct-Nov 2015...Buster was still a CM at the time, lol; 5.0 came out in July 2016. And it stayed dead after 5.0 came out. Ditto for Kahrun. Iirc, there was a point where Kahrun was fielding a whopping 250 total people online in the months leading up to the October 2017 merge. The Kahrun Elyos ranking list was almost all 5* and above because they had so few active players (like, 125 total people collecting GP, so that's all that had officer rank and above).

A new server is going to meet the same, inevitable end, and someone somewhere is going to lose their names and their houses, as well as more faction conflicts. Merging isn't as ez as mashing a single button, and it just pisses people off.

The gear gap is exceptionally shitty, and the toxicity of the players who will exploit that gear gap just to massacre undergeared players is equally shitty since NCsoft doesn't know how to handle toxic people, but a new server isn't going to fix anything. Other people have more than explained why.

6.X isn't a magical thing that's going to bring and keep players. I got told to my face on camera that "word of mouth" is their advertising strategy (hint: the word of mouth about NCsoft hasn't been positive), so good luck getting any advertisement for "refly" to bring in new or old players. Or even a new website.

So let me get this straight.

1. Transfer to new server to supposedly escape the "p2w" gear gap at start of 6.0
  2. Get merged back to KT/DN after some time because the new server died
  3. You wasted your time since you have to catch up in the end after all.
  4. To make it worse KT/DN kept going while you started over, making catching up even harder and more painful (hello new armor/dmg values) compared to if you stayed KT/DN to begin with.

The only way I could see a new server work out is if it'd a timed/event server. Boosted drop rates/reduced enchanting fees and all that. You get X time (e.g. 1-2 months) to get as far as you can, and at the end the server closes & you get a free transfer for 1 character of choice to KT or DN.

Archived