About the possibility of a new server for 6.0

Matsukamy-KT

I don't think there will be a "surge of players" for 6.2, but I know A LOT of people that are coming back after years away. I, however, don't want to come back unless there is a fresh start server since 6.0 is almost like a new game. I've been playing on the RU server and it's a great patch and reminds me of when Aion first came out. I think a fresh server with no xfers allowed would be great for the game. If there's no new server I'm not sure I'll be coming back.

On 19/08/2018 at 7:30 PM, BadCypher-KT said:

I don't think there will be a "surge of players" for 6.2, but I know A LOT of people that are coming back after years away. I, however, don't want to come back unless there is a fresh start server since 6.0 is almost like a new game. I've been playing on the RU server and it's a great patch and reminds me of when Aion first came out. I think a fresh server with no xfers allowed would be great for the game. If there's no new server I'm not sure I'll be coming back.

i really think that even if there is a surge, it wont last long.

nevertheless, from what i see, NC still hasnt learned anything. They lost like half their player base in 1 year. I wont say that is because of greedy because the company here doesnt really make importtant decisions. But its really not possible to think that what they turned this game into is going to give them a future. Heck, i remember a few years ago i used to see people dueling in town, people playing around in pandemonium arena,(which is now a desert) people  who werent even max lv or end game players. Nowadays  what players do ? They log in alts in the other faction to set up OW, IDL, to get GP. Spy in whatever they can spy just to avoid any pvp. And the rest ppl just afk on everything. The difference in gear from the supergeared to the average player is as worse as it can be by now. 

whatever people say, the next patch wont allow new or returning players to fully enjoy the game. Open world will most likely be grief, they will have no chance to experience xforms, considering what veterans have in terms of GP. 

and people here.... complaining about housing ? Really ? Do you guys play this game for housing ?

Hi Guys, new server is not bad idea but the same time its also not a good idea. Considering the fact that official RU servers got new server (~2 weeks ago from the moment of this post), people already abandoning it and moving to their home realms, image what happens in 3-4 month.

Good point of new server is that everyone will start from the beginning, but most of NA AION players are casual players, not hardcore competitors which are ready to start from the beginning. Be aware, that people who have decent gear in 5.8 (lets say +25 all items and +5 accessories) will get nothing in comparison, when 6.2 hits (except hardcore players, who have 30+ items - they will get good items, but still not full endgame gear).

P2W will be limited in 6.2, unless there will be some rework to the market, so there is nothing to worry.

10 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

and people here.... complaining about housing ? Really ? Do you guys play this game for housing ?

Not so much "care about housing", per say, as it is "care about a game feature I've happened to invest 100's of million of kinah into owning and maintaining and I dont really feel like losing it, (Again), cause of bad NCSoft decisions."

So yeah, guess that means I care about housing. Know what? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Everyone can tailor their game experience to fit their needs and desires. If you don't care for the housing aspect in your game thats fine, but you don't get to determine what other people do or dont enjoy or care about in theirs. Nor how they enjoy it for that matter. (So long as its within the games framework of rules, aka: you dont cheat, of course. Cheaters don't deserve to play, period.)

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Since Aion names aren't global, I don't know about you, but I'd really rather not contact Support again to get my name back when the inevitable merge happens. Because people are rude, and that's what I had to do last time. :|

Nope that was a pain I dont wanna relive. First, trying to set it up so I was in position to reclaim all my names, (on two accounts, elmo and asmo), then having to submit a ticket for each one lost. On top of having to wait around and re bid for the chance to reclaim my old houses.

(Never mind that as an former Triniel, Meslamtaeda and Old Israphel player, I'd already gone through my fair share of merger based name losses to that point.)

Honestly, there wont be a next time for me. That will mark the end of an Aion era for me that began way back in June 2009, during CB 1.

An ignominious end, but a justified one nonetheless.

Not so much "care about housing", per say, as it is "care about a game feature I've happened to invest 100's of million of kinah into owning and maintaining and I dont really feel like losing it, (Again), cause of bad NCSoft decisions."

You shouldnt invest so much time into that stuff because  it will all go down eventually. There isnt another alternative, you know. This anyway shouldnt be your main concern in the game.

Since Aion names aren't global, I don't know about you, but I'd really rather not contact Support again to get my name back when the inevitable merge happens. Because people are rude, and that's what I had to do last time. 

I bet it wont take much longer than a year before they have to merge katalan and danaria anyway. Question is, will you still be  playing then ?

12 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

You shouldnt invest so much time into that stuff because  it will all go down eventually. There isnt another alternative, you know. This anyway shouldnt be your main concern in the game.

I bet it wont take much longer than a year before they have to merge katalan and danaria anyway. Question is, will you still be  playing then ?

I've been here since 2009, and watched multiple merges happen, and had to fight for my names each time, so, yeah, will probably still be here in a year. How about you?

And they're not merging KataDan anytime soon. NewServ would be merged because, like someone else pointed out, RUNewServ is already dying, lol.

Maybe you shouldn't invest so much time into something that won't work when it's failed two prior times because it will all go down eventually (again). There isn't another alternative, you know. This anyway shouldn't be your main concern in the game.

I've been here since 2009, and watched multiple merges happen, and had to fight for my names each time, so, yeah, will probably still be here in a year. How about you?

Im  not sure.

And they're not merging KataDan anytime soon. NewServ would be merged because, like someone else pointed out, RUNewServ is already dying, lol.

I think a year or a little more from now there will be the need. Not sure if they will  actually do it, considering how much they waited to merge the last time, even though the need was there for a long time. Actually they could  already merge it right now considering the population.

A new server will only be merged if they actually  create it, lol. Anyway, i wouldnt care about it merging.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:40 PM, Unskilled-KT said:

Hi Guys, new server is not bad idea but the same time its also not a good idea. Considering the fact that official RU servers got new server (~2 weeks ago from the moment of this post), people already abandoning it and moving to their home realms, image what happens in 3-4 month.

Good point of new server is that everyone will start from the beginning, but most of NA AION players are casual players, not hardcore competitors which are ready to start from the beginning. Be aware, that people who have decent gear in 5.8 (lets say +25 all items and +5 accessories) will get nothing in comparison, when 6.2 hits (except hardcore players, who have 30+ items - they will get good items, but still not full endgame gear).

P2W will be limited in 6.2, unless there will be some rework to the market, so there is nothing to worry.

P2W is not limited in 6.2 at all. In addition the effect of gear is significantly higher for each tier which amplifies the gear disparity between whales, vets and new/returning players.

13 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Maybe you shouldn't invest so much time into something that won't work when it's failed two prior times because it will all go down eventually (again). There isn't another alternative, you know. This anyway shouldn't be your main concern in the game.

RU has many private servers with active communities that provide a better experience than retail. Just check out Aion on twitch where the RU streaming population dominates the category but it's all old versions or retail-like gameplay.

That means on RU official there was only 1 populated server before 6.x and 1 completely dead server. They added a 3rd for 6.2 which obviously no one plays because there's a better private server that already has 6.2 and less p2w.

As expected from this thread the only arguments people have are that it's failed before and selfish points as if your name and house are more important than bringing back a stable population. You know what else causes you to lose your name and house? NCsoft shutting down the game city of heroes style because your 1k post counts don't pay for server costs. 

8 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

As expected from this thread the only arguments people have are that it's failed before and selfish points as if your name and house are more important than bringing back a stable population. You know what else causes you to lose your name and house? NCsoft shutting down the game city of heroes style because your 1k post counts don't pay for server costs. 

True,

Ragnarok Online lost 80% of playerbase in one day, when GDPR went live. Im trying to say there is always something else/more than just amount of posts on the forum :)

8 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

Arguments against a new server were made in other threads, have been discussed ad-nauseam, and didn't need to be repeated here. The points about name and housing are supplementary, but no less valid than any other points against a new server.

Post count doesn't pay for server costs, but @Cheesecake-DN has done a lot to help players get into the game or keep them playing when issues arise, many times being more helpful than NC's own support staff.

Can you really blame players for being hesitant to put money into this game? Events have been plagued with issues. Players barely get any compensation for known game flaws. Communication about future patches is minimal. Help from Support is inconsistent.

It's not the players' job to sell the game to others.

6 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

but @Cheesecake-DN has done a lot to help players get into the game or keep them playing when issues arise, many times being more helpful than NC's own support staff.

Yeah for real. There are a million "Aion isn't working for me" posts on this forum, and Cheesecake is in 99% of them, helping the players get the game working again.

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2018 at 6:47 AM, Indoraptor-DN said:

It's Steel, the guy that loves to say facts and call other people wrong when he has no proof, then not posting again on the thread when proved wrong.

You were saying? 

-Steel, the guy who loves to say facts because they're facts, and loves to prove idiots like yourself wrong because, well, you're an idiot LOL

Archived