[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

• Aion Team

Update 10/22: The cut off for enchanting your gear for the equipment grant is tomorrow, 12 pm PDT Tuesday, October 23. Be sure to have your equipment enchanted to the level you want before then!

Greetings Daevas,

We will soon be making significant equipment system and progression changes to Aion. To help you prepare we have a preview of the rewards you'll receive when the new system goes live based on your current progression.

Since the list is rather extensive, we have decided to host it on a Google Sheet which you can view here: Google Sheet

In the document, you will find which current gear (with accompanying enchantment and tempering levels) will be rewarded with new gear in a coming update. The equipment system by rarity is Ancient, Legendary, and Ultimate. The document has been designed to split up enchanted and tempered items, as well as split up between PvE and PvP. For most rewards, you will receive your choice of a piece of gear. For others (marked as a “Set Box”), you will be rewarded two pieces of your choice.

If you have any questions regarding the equipment rewards, please put them below and we will do our best to answer what we can.

Update 8/17: We are evaluating the enchantment levels and plan to adjust some of them down to make these goals more attainable. We will share full details early next week.

Update 8/20: Google Sheet has been updated with the new values.

Updated 8/22: Hi all, we have edited the Google Sheet again to be more clean on some accessories and some Caeus equipment. 

Updated 8/29: We've updated the Sheet once more.You will notice that Harvester and Master Harvester Accessories and Hats will now provide PvP equipment. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35+ Master Harvester gives +15 Legendary/+7 Ultimate Zenith Armor Set Box

Harvester armor +26-29 gives +15 ancient armor

I'm sorry, what? i'm pretty sure NO ONE has gotten to +35 master harvester

A +26 till 29 enchanted armor gives a +15 ancient (lowest grade) armor? These are pretty much the korean exchange rate

• Aion Team
11 minutes ago, SayuMeow-DN said:

Hi Cyan.. As far as I am aware Master Harv wings do not exist on NA? And we get no turn in for Harvester wings +15.. this doesn't make any sense :(

a0f99cef3614795ac81697f487cbce1a.png

The Master wings are a bit.. special. We're talking to the dev team about them.

2 minutes ago, Azraeil-DN said:

So if we have the stuff but, it isn't enchanted, we just loose it? WTF? makes no sense.

No equipment is being removed. If you have any of the current equipment on the list, you'll have it forever. You'll get get the new equipment added to your inventory.

Wait, didn't I kinda predict NA following Korea's steps? Pretty sure some insisted it would be different.

dhebion.png 

I was kinda hoping Master Harvester at +10 to exchange at least lol, really having tough time getting it to +15. I thought we'd get something similar like Russia, where they had normal Harvester at +15 exchanged.

8 minutes ago, Azraeil-DN said:

So if we have the stuff but, it isn't enchanted, we just loose it? WTF? makes no sense.

What's gonna happen is that you're given a choice to exchange it. Pretty sure you could run the easy dungeons in Lakrum with what you have on, but don't count on it to be OP.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

Wait, didn't I kinda predict NA following Korea's steps? Pretty sure some insisted it would be different.

dhebion.png 

I was kinda hoping Master Harvester at +10 to exchange at least lol, really having tough time getting it to +15. I thought we'd get something similar like Russia, where they had normal Harvester at +15 exchanged.

Tbf getting the soulstones is not a hard task tho.

At least for me, the nightmare starts from +10 to +15 

??????

Just now, SayuMeow-DN said:

@Kubei-DN

Alot would disagree with me.. but if you're having trouble with omegas just dump shinings till it works. more cost effective imo

Thought of that, it just either keeps me in cycle at one stage or keeps dropping me down. Never had luck enchanting rip.

1 minute ago, DonDiego-DN said:

Tbf getting the soulstones is not a hard task tho.

At least for me, the nightmare starts from +10 to +15 

??????

It can be hard when you sometimes can't run BoS welp

I'm not sure why are people upset about the list, it's the way I predicted it to be back in January. If people followed the 6.0 thread, they'd know (although some had hopes) it'd be pretty much like that.

Even if you guys don't exchange, or don't reach the minimum enchanted level, you're still keeping your old gears (like Cyan said). This Zenith gear isn't even "the best" around, it's just a compensation to help you run some instances. 

You guys are giving the same compensation for Grey Wolf and Master Harvester accs, which makes no sense since Grey Wolf accs give PVE bonuses when enchanted (here it's reasonable to give a PVE acc as compensation), while Harvester/Master Harvester accs give pvp bonuses when enchanted (so the people who enchanted them clearly did it for pvp purposes, thus giving a pvp acc compensation would make more sense).

Korea did get that part right (here's their gear exchange list: http://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleID=5734&page=), if you google translate you can see that Master Harvester (translated as Improved Parusha) and 80 AP accs (translated as High Commander) both receive pvp accs as compensation. So what made you guys decide on a different scheme?

Then, Caeus/Executioner Caeus gear is receiving the same compensation as 75 AP/80 AP gear, but, since Caeus/Ex.Caeus gear can only go up to +9, you should make more clear which enchant level qualifies for the gear exchange (Exec.Caeus already comes out as +9 after purifying it so that one is obvious, the question is, for normal Caeus gear, what's the minimum enchant level for it to qualify for the gear exchange?). 

2 minutes ago, SayuMeow-DN said:

really intelligent reply, thanks

You realise you get utterly rubbish exchange for gear that's between +15 all the way to +24 right ? Most of the Ancient pieces don't even have HP so while your friends are in legendary gear and have 50k HP, you'll be sitting like a dumbass in 25-30k HP. That's without considering that +5 enchantment is just shit, you need +10 to be even relevant and to be able to tank people.

Enough said.

3 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm not sure why are people upset about the list, it's the way I predicted it to be back in January. If people followed the 6.0 thread, they'd know (although some had hopes) it'd be pretty much like that.

The only reason we're upset is that we had no events like Korea where owned gear got upgraded by 3 levels. Gear exchanges like +33 for Ultimate made sense. As far as I know, not a single person even has a piece that's +35 on NA servers. Gear exchange should be localized and adapted, taking into account what kind of gear most of the players on the servers have. Only about a hundred have +27s. Under 20 people have +30 pieces all servers and factions combined.

48 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

We will soon be making significant equipment system and progression changes to Aion and to help you prepare, we wanted to provide rewards based on your progression in the current system.

Since the list is rather extensive, we have decided to host it on a Google Sheet which you can view here: Google Sheet

In the document, you will find which current gear (with accompanying enchantment and tempering levels) will be rewarded with new gear in a coming update. The equipment system by rarity is Ancient, Legendary, and Ultimate. The document has been designed to split up enchanted and tempered items, as well as split up between PvE and PvP. For most rewards, you will receive your choice of a piece of gear. For others (marked as a “Set Box”), you will be rewarded two pieces of your choice.

If you have any questions regarding the equipment rewards, please put them below and we will do our best to answer what we can.

@Cyan it is same as korean server reward which is unfair.

i dont know what are you guys do for work, research how korean server did THEY HAD EVENT BRING ENCHANT 3+(for all players), they did that event two times, that is why all other server made different reward ACCORDING how they hold event. NA Aion we never had that kind of event. 

seems like you guys either not working or you guys want us to thru our enchanted gears..

RESEARCH BEFORE YOU JUST COPY AND ATTACH OTHER SERVER REWARD!!

6 minutes ago, Hinotori-KT said:

You guys are giving the same compensation for Grey Wolf and Master Harvester accs, which makes no sense since Grey Wolf accs give PVE bonuses when enchanted (here it's reasonable to give a PVE acc as compensation), while Harvester/Master Harvester accs give pvp bonuses when enchanted (so the people who enchanted them clearly did it for pvp purposes, thus giving a pvp acc compensation would make more sense).

Korea did get that part right (here's their gear exchange list: http://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleID=5734&page=), if you google translate you can see that Master Harvester (translated as Improved Parusha) and 80 AP accs (translated as High Commander) both receive pvp accs as compensation. So what made you guys decide on a different scheme?

Then, Caeus/Executioner Caeus gear is receiving the same compensation as 75 AP/80 AP gear, but, since Caeus/Ex.Caeus gear can only go up to +9, you should make more clear which enchant level qualifies for the gear exchange (Exec.Caeus already comes out as +9 after purifying it so that one is obvious, the question is, for normal Caeus gear, what's the minimum enchant level for it to qualify for the gear exchange?). 

Or, people enchanted their Master Harv accs for the pve exchange when the graywolf npc took his/her time to be added.

1 minute ago, Capa-KT said:

The only reason we're upset is that we had no events like Korea where owned gear got upgraded by 3 levels. Gear exchanges like +33 for Ultimate made sense. As far as I know, not a single person even has a piece that's +35 on NA servers. Gear exchange should be localized and adapted, taking into account what kind of gear most of the players on the servers have. Only about a hundred have +27s. Under 20 people have +30 pieces all servers and factions combined.

I agree, we should get events like these, but we don't even have Master Harvester wings. I said it many times, but we never got the full patches of 5.3, 5.6 and 5.8. We're stuck in a limbo.

I guess I expected people to beware of this atrocious list, and I really hoped for something like Russia, perfectly adapted, everyone is happy. (I think)

What is going to happen with the manastones in the gear already ? they gonna get replace or will be turn in golden bar ? and are you guys making a event to enchant gear ? still not easy to enchant and the kinah cost is too high.

Just now, Sun-DN said:

What is going to happen with the manastones in the gear already ? they gonna get replace or will be turn in golden bar ? and are you guys making a event to enchant gear ? still not easy to enchant and the kinah cost is too high.

In Korea, if your gear had +11 and +12 manastones, you'd get a new bundle to choose from. But only those.

2 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

You realise you get utterly rubbish exchange for gear that's between +15 all the way to +24 right ? Most of the Ancient pieces don't even have HP so while your friends are in legendary gear and have 50k HP, you'll be sitting like a dumbass in 25-30k HP. That's without considering that +5 enchantment is just shit, you need +10 to be even relevant and to be able to tank people.

I want to say our buddy Johngun had a +35 piece if gear before he ate the banhammer, but I don't remember for sure. :P

(and we all know how he achieved that, anyway...)

Archived