Forums

[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

45 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Well, those people are nyerking idiots. Lets not reward it, shall we?

Master Harvester are/were the best accs for support classes considering the stats, if you don't know what you're talking about, please don't comment~~

Until 6.0, pvp accs aren't actually the best accs for supporting, nor were they in the previous patches afaik.

1 minute ago, Disregard-DN said:

Most of this stuff is going to be gear you extract or break down or npc within 2 months of 6.X launch anyway. Is it REALLY worth months of grinding effort now to save yourself a couple weeks worth of grinding effort later? no not really.

Yes, you will rubbish the gear pretty fast, but that's 2 months straight where you get utterly destroyed in 4 shots by those who got their gear to 25~27. And you can't hide away in FM/EC vs pugs 24/7 in this patch, you will actually need pvp gear to go outside to farm camps, unless you can afford to play in the middle of the night when no enemy is around.

Hence why Koreans fled to new servers instead of dealing with the gear exchange bs. It's so much more fun to pvp when everyone has the same/similar gear.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

We will soon be making significant equipment system and progression changes to Aion. To help you prepare we have a preview of the rewards you'll receive when the new system goes live based on your current progression.

Since the list is rather extensive, we have decided to host it on a Google Sheet which you can view here: Google Sheet

In the document, you will find which current gear (with accompanying enchantment and tempering levels) will be rewarded with new gear in a coming update. The equipment system by rarity is Ancient, Legendary, and Ultimate. The document has been designed to split up enchanted and tempered items, as well as split up between PvE and PvP. For most rewards, you will receive your choice of a piece of gear. For others (marked as a “Set Box”), you will be rewarded two pieces of your choice.

If you have any questions regarding the equipment rewards, please put them below and we will do our best to answer what we can.

I only have 1 question for you Cyan, I REALLY hope you can answer this even if you can't answer the specifics. 

This gear conversion rate is an exact copy and paste from kr's 6.0 conversion rate. I am pretty sure EVERY other region had their rates proportional to the level of difficulty it was to actually obtain these enchantment levels. For example, Japan did not have any enchantment events like in KR where your gear doesn't drop down if you fail an omega, and you can potentially proc +3 etc, and so their conversion rates were significantly reduced to match. I'm sure its not hard for you guys to have access of those rates as references cuz it took me like 20 minutes to find them and I don't speak a lick of Japanese. 

SO. My question for you Cyan: did na arrive at this conversion rate after consideration of all the factors I have mentioned, or did you guys decide on this rate because you're just lazy and clueless and never played the game yourself and you don't even know that its actually statistically impossible to obtain a +35 in the na aion economy and you guys simply copy and pasted the rates from kr cuz you just don't care enough? 

Thanks!

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Noona-DN said:

@Cyan  By "Pure Plume... [=]

Choice of one set of PvP or PvE wings at the indicated enchantment level and rarity." for the Pure Plumes, "wings" means "Plume", correct?

b0270ee4bcc8f474f099b4101f9e7bfe.png

It's Plumes. We updated it!

To me this is all fine.  I mean it SEEMS like the new patch is going to make gearing up a bit easier because there is a finite amount of gearing you can do.  this new patch seems like it's going to make gear alts and playing other classes more viable.  These exchanges will give a headstart - sure - but I don't think it's possible to give a "fair" rate for the cost of money and resources to get things to +35 or something insane like that.

I just want 6.0 to arrive so we can all start enjoying the content again.  We've been in limbo for a looong time 

1 hour ago, Steel-KT said:

SO. My question for you Cyan: did na arrive at this conversion rate after consideration of all the factors I have mentioned, or did you guys decide on this rate because you're just lazy and clueless and never played the game yourself and you don't even know that its actually statistically impossible to obtain a +35 in the na aion economy and you guys simply copy and pasted the rates from kr cuz you just don't care enough? 

I went to check and compare the exchange lists (my translated version) and theirs just for the hell of it, and it's pretty much the same. Exact enchantment levels, just different names.

3 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I went to check and compare the exchange lists (my translated version) and theirs just for the hell of it, and it's pretty much the same. Exact enchantment levels, just different names.

no, it is not the same. +7 was their requirement to get ultimate tier accessories, +27 was their requirement for ultimate weapon/armor/wings. 

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

Wew, we have been blessed then.

Shame I don't have +35 gears.

wait are you talking about the JP rates or KR rates? i was answering you assuming u were talking about our rates being the same as JP, its not. But if you're tlaking about it being the same as KR then yea, its basically copy paste. 

Just now, Steel-KT said:

wait are you talking about the JP rates or KR rates? i was answering you assuming u were talking about our rates being the same as JP, its not. But if you're tlaking about it being the same as KR then yea, its basically copy paste. 

I have little interest in JP's exchange list tho, but I see why you assumed that. I'm mainly comparing NA and KR here, sometimes adding Russia's details too.

The exchange gear has the same Base/PvP/PvE stats as the best in slot PvP/PvE gear in game. Only the bonus stats are slightly different. I wouldn't say this is throw away gear. Full set of exchange gear +15 can easily hold its own against full set of token gear +15 (same tier).  

Vendor Gear vs. Exchange

i3sDT8z.jpg

Exchange gear also has the benefit of Cast/attack speed and Running Speed on the Ancient grade. Token gear only gets these stats at the Legenday stage. You also don' t have to reroll stats on the Ultimate stage.

5 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Master Harvester are/were the best accs for support classes considering the stats, if you don't know what you're talking about, please don't comment~~

Until 6.0, pvp accs aren't actually the best accs for supporting, nor were they in the previous patches afaik.

Yes, you will rubbish the gear pretty fast, but that's 2 months straight where you get utterly destroyed in 4 shots by those who got their gear to 25~27. And you can't hide away in FM/EC vs pugs 24/7 in this patch, you will actually need pvp gear to go outside to farm camps, unless you can afford to play in the middle of the night when no enemy is around.

Hence why Koreans fled to new servers instead of dealing with the gear exchange bs. It's so much more fun to pvp when everyone has the same/similar gear.

so Everyone that paid a **** ton of ncoin to do the obsurd enchantment event to get plus 30 gear will dominate in 6.0? 

@Cyan

Mornin fam, but did you not make a comment in another thread that you were working on making 6.0 more applicable for NA? the soft cap of gear is basically +27 because the chance of going further is so low, on top of the enchant fee cost its really not viable to go any further, the fact +30//33 is on the list is really sad and doesnt make sense because the servers that had the same compensation, had events that automatically +3'd your gear from whatever it was, i.e my +27 would become +30. If this is the case for making it the exchange to NA standards you should even copy the same events or tone it down a little, like japan's spreadsheet, which is not hard to find and i dont speak any japanese at all.

please read ^_^

>:(>:(

https://imgur.com/a/Z0jIca6

여기가 한국 서버냐?

한국은 +3강 이벤트도 했었고 돌파 키나도 0원 들어가게 했었다. 

여기도 그렇게 이벤트 하던가 일본과 똑같이 보상을 바꾸던가 -_- 

북미서버 보상이 저따구면, 궁극템 맞추려면 북미는 3년 걸리겠네 

날이 덥다고 더위 먹으셨어요? ^_^

Archived