[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

2 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

I can provide other examples, but basically it doesn't apply to THIS game. In fact, it doesn't even apply to other NcSoft games that I've played. It's normal to progress, it's normal that due to an expansion, players need to improve their gear- BUT their old gear should be perfectly adequate to start the new lower level content.  In our case, if NCsoft decided to change so many things, they should have based their enchantment rates so that at least the lowest tear gear was given out,  and medium tier gear was  a bit more realistic, with the very highest grade unavailable. In other expansions it's not normal to have such a wide gap  so that you have some completely OP geared people, and a large group of people who will be semi or extremely undergeared.

Isn't that part of what "Refly" was supposed to address? 

But isn't that what they are doing, giving players gear to start new content? The stat/armor system is getting revamped so rather than just have people continue on with what they had, they are translating it into something that better fits into the new system. So that's why my overall point is that I find it odd that people are upset about it, and it seems like people were expecting their current good/endgame gear to translate into something similar for the new content.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team

Hello all,

Thank you for all of your feedback on this post. We are evaluating the enchantment levels and plan to adjust some of them down to make these goals more attainable. We will share full details early next week.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

But isn't that what they are doing, giving players gear to start new content? The stat/armor system is getting revamped so rather than just have people continue on with what they had, they are translating it into something that better fits into the new system. So that's why my overall point is that I find it odd that people are upset about it, and it seems like people were expecting their current good/endgame gear to translate into something similar for the new content.

No, I don't think that anyone expected to get top-tear gear from their current gear. 

What they expected is that they would gear that would allow them to start  doing entry level content with what an average-level (or what you may casual)  player would have. A player that invested more (and/or paid more) should get a slightly high grade or gear, but not be wearing the best grade of PVE or PVP gear, i.e endgame gear.

What they got was a spread sheet that wasn't tuned for are region events, drop rates, economy or player population but was a copy/paste from Korea. Not good, and not done in any other region, reasons having been posted previously in this thread. In any case  Cyan is promising that the rates are being adjusted. In addition to that, @Cyan, the rates for low and medium tier ONLY should be more attainable, NOT the highest tier (if that's given out at all- I would say no).

At this rate reading all the comments, I should agree that NC should never give any red gear under any circumstances. Ive never heard of this in any Aion updates.. its like give a harvester gear to a new player on 5.x update.. thats makes no sense.

If the KR method of gear compensation is really really necessary, you guys need to evaluate the possibility of give only purple gear, or at least, a modificated version of the farmable gear, with no sub stats and +10 only enchantment.

Theres no reason to give endgame gear to people, when the Game's moment is to bring more players (New and old ones) to play it.

Prior to this update Korea was still pay 2 play, that is the only reason it made sense to have gear exchange. They had to compensate their players. We are f2p NC doesn't force anyone to swipe, they owe players nothing.

The quests from lvl 76-80 give a full set of starter PvE and PvP gear. I rather they nix the whole exchange list and instead give enchantment stones based on the level of upgrade.

43 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

At this rate reading all the comments, I should agree that NC should never give any red gear under any circumstances. Ive never heard of this in any Aion updates.. its like give a harvester gear to a new player on 5.x update.. thats makes no sense.

If the KR method of gear compensation is really really necessary, you guys need to evaluate the possibility of give only purple gear, or at least, a modificated version of the farmable gear, with no sub stats and +10 only enchantment.

Theres no reason to give endgame gear to people, when the Game's moment is to bring more players (New and old ones) to play it.

Are you reading anything anyone is writing?

The gear that is being given out is NOT endgame.  Just because it might have fancy brighter colors and big, big numbers, doesn't mean it's even as remotely as good as the crafted or the endgame dropped gear.  Not even remotely.  I don't think you understand that this patch is not going to be like any others.  When 5.0 dropped, you could reasonably run most instances with Pure IS or AC that could be updated to Mythic AC in a fairly obtainable way.  It was not top end gear, but it allowed you to run those instances to start farming for said endgame 5.0 gear.  

Imagine trying to get a group for AoE right when 5.0 dropped wearing Resurgent Gear.  Really.  Imagine that.  Because that's what 6.0 is going to look like in your campaign / yellow gear.  

I think NCSoft should be ensuring that any active player is going to get something as a help when all their gear is going to be useless.  And I mean, literally useless.  This exchange hurts active but not p2w players the most, because the people that worked the hardest are still getting jack.  I'd honestly like to see that all players who got their master harvester, and/or pure 80 pvp to get something in exchange.  That's where the bottom of the exchange should start.  +5 Master Harvester or +5 Pure 80AP, not at +15.  Hell, I'd be good giving people the full yellow set for a +15 75AP, because it's still a bit to work for.  Even if in 5.X patches it's super eas(ier) to least get to that point now of Purifying, it's not as easy to max that gear completely out, and so, because of 5 enchant levels you get absolutely nothing?  Nu-uh, that's not right.  And the yellow gear is crap, but it's something that everyone should have a chance of getting. And people who managed to get to +15 on stuff, should get a better reward, and so on at +20.  

These rewards are still not that great, but the middle tier give aways is kind of what everyone SHOULD be getting because it'll least be like the lvl 55 gear you get now going into 5.0.  Still not awesome, but you can do something and you're still obviously going to want a better set.  

1 hour ago, Violeta-KT said:

Prior to this update Korea was still pay 2 play, that is the only reason it made sense to have gear exchange. They had to compensate their players. We are f2p NC doesn't force anyone to swipe, they owe players nothing.

The quests from lvl 76-80 give a full set of starter PvE and PvP gear. I rather they nix the whole exchange list and instead give enchantment stones based on the level of upgrade.

THIIIS so much.

they should give  compensation for items that  are  terminated but not for items that are not even removed from  their inventory in the  next patch.

Oh dear, so many un-informed people in this tread brandishing around such strong opinions.

@Cyan you did not mention the Master Harvester Accessories (which when tempered give pvp stats) giving only PVE accessories on exchange. KR were able to choose either PVP or PVE so I am hoping you guys just messed up on the copy/paste.

Either way could you please confirm that this is indeed intended or is an oversight?

Most support classes use these for PVP, we will be PVP accessory-less if this goes through as is, I am already pretty sad because I just plussed mine up on the last power-up in preparation.

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, Shavera-DN said:

Are you reading anything anyone is writing?

The gear that is being given out is NOT endgame.  Just because it might have fancy brighter colors and big, big numbers, doesn't mean it's even as remotely as good as the crafted or the endgame dropped gear.  Not even remotely.  I don't think you understand that this patch is not going to be like any others.  When 5.0 dropped, you could reasonably run most instances with Pure IS or AC that could be updated to Mythic AC in a fairly obtainable way.  It was not top end gear, but it allowed you to run those instances to start farming for said endgame 5.0 gear.  

If you actually compare the stats of all gear sets you will see that the exchange gear is better then the crafted gear. All crafted gear has lower base stats and lower pvp/pve stats then both the exchange gear, pvp token gear and dungeon drops.

PvP Token/Exchange/Crafted

imZVB05.jpg

PvP token gear and Dugeon drop gear is only better then the exchange gear if perfectly rolled. Rolling Ultimate grade gear is expensive and the only real way to get perfect rolls is by using the cash shop/Quna selective rolling, other wise you will randomly roll between 6 random stats over and over till you are out of kinah. Crafted gear has around 330 less pvp/pve stats then the other two sets, that is a pretty big difference.

Ultimate grade exchange gear is the equivalent of BiS gear with medium rolls, the exchange sets are completely viable at end game. The only people that may have issue with this gear are players running MResist since you can't roll MResist on the exchange sets, but MResist really isn't viable in 6.0+ with the new MAcc values.

12 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Meanwhile my master harvester shoulders went from +14 back to +8... It is insane how RNG is made to make players quit this game. ZERO effort, just pure luck.

Did you use greater supplements, I didnt have much problem with mine that way.I advice to use them,everytime you enchant something +1 - +15

Can we also have the exchange rate for essence cores added ?

Along with the compensation (if any) for those who collected a lot of spinel medals, scrolls of all kinds, and transformation candies of all kind.

Can we also know if we'll get the NPC that exchanges old goods (tempering solution, omega, +12 stone) to new ones or if that feature will not be activated for NA ?

Are those who hit 75 before 6.0 going to get some kind of goodies ?

I demand my white drops be compensated.
/sarcasm

58 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

Seriously? Lmfao. Ok, this is actually funny. You honestly want to be rewarded for achieving goals of a patch's content that you've had about a year to accomplish? Your reward is a new patch :P

2 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Can we also have the exchange rate for essence cores added ?

Along with the compensation (if any) for those who collected a lot of spinel medals, scrolls of all kinds, and transformation candies of all kind.

Can we also know if we'll get the NPC that exchanges old goods (tempering solution, omega, +12 stone) to new ones or if that feature will not be activated for NA ?

Transformation candies are still usable in 6.0+. Scrolls exchange for Transformation Potion Boxes (choice of 3 Legendary grade transformation potions). Korea/Japan/Russia all exchanged 1000 scrolls for 1 Box, which is awful. Would be nice if they gave Transformation Contracts instead.

1 hour ago, Noona-DN said:

Seriously? Lmfao. Ok, this is actually funny. You honestly want to be rewarded for achieving goals of a patch's content that you've had about a year to accomplish? Your reward is a new patch :P

Actually, Koreans did get rewarded for doing it. I mean, whether we get it as well or not, doesnt really matter. The overall majority of the players are already 75. I even have alts that are 75.

5 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

Transformation candies are still usable in 6.0+. Scrolls exchange for Transformation Potion Boxes (choice of 3 Legendary grade transformation potions). Korea/Japan/Russia all exchanged 1000 scrolls for 1 Box, which is awful. Would be nice if they gave Transformation Contracts instead.

Why would scrolls (stuff we have thousands of), 1-time use consumables, be converted into something permanent?

11 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Actually, Koreans did get rewarded for doing it. I mean, whether we get it as well or not, doesnt really matter. The overall majority of the players are already 75. I even have alts that are 75.

Why would scrolls (stuff we have thousands of), 1-time use consumables, be converted into something permanent?

they gave exp amulets for 75s players. no big deal

Why there is no one talking about the Master Harvester accessories are actually giving PvE accessories, while we will only enchant Gray Wolf Accessories for PvE. And most of the clerics use Master Harvester accessories to support in 5.8 PvP? As Korea, China and Taiwan servers, are all giving PvP accessories for Master Harvester accessories.

• Cyan changed the title to Updated 8/20 - Aion Equipment System Update
26 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

The Google Sheet has been updated with the new values. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFCqgEX2rPLQ1CCXcFqYirA57mKIsNAr_kJuz1lVI8Q/edit?usp=sharing 

Sorry to say, but this isn't any different from before lol. Just dropped 5 levels on purified items (gee wiz not 35+ anymore!) but yeah, not different. Normal Harvester still requires at least 20+ but oh well.

31 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

The Google Sheet has been updated with the new values. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFCqgEX2rPLQ1CCXcFqYirA57mKIsNAr_kJuz1lVI8Q/edit?usp=sharing 

Hey, Cyan, thx for the update but there's something that still you guys need to check and review.
https://gyazo.com/e3622c1debb3e86021a5fd3493f59139

How the normal Harvester would give PvP accs and not the master Harvester? Can you guys, please, re-check again this part?

Thank you once again!

Archived