[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2018 at 9:18 PM, Forgotten-DN said:

Does this mean you won't be able to use headgear that's not suitable for your class for Appearance Modification? For instance, right now you can skin a Primal Spirit Hat to a cloth headband. This won't be possible in 6.2?

I can confirm you can use any kind of head gear :)

@Cyan

Hey Cyan,

I had a question regarding the weapon exchange. Someone may have asked this earlier, but I haven't seen it since I skimmed through the comments.

Let's say for example, I have a +25 staff right? Earlier you said we could get both the +15 legendary & the Ultimate Weapon. Can we choose what weapon we want? Meaning, can I choose to have a +15 legendary mace and the Ultimate Weapon being my staff? Or will I receive 2 staffs since only my staff was +25? The word "set" threw me off and I thought perhaps maybe we could choose what weapon we want from the exchange.

• Aion Team
3 minutes ago, Aaina-DN said:

@Cyan

Hey Cyan,

I had a question regarding the weapon exchange. Someone may have asked this earlier, but I haven't seen it since I skimmed through the comments.

Let's say for example, I have a +25 staff right? Earlier you said we could get both the +15 legendary & the Ultimate Weapon. Can we choose what weapon we want? Meaning, can I choose to have a +15 legendary mace and the Ultimate Weapon being my staff? Or will I receive 2 staffs since only my staff was +25? The word "set" threw me off and I thought perhaps maybe we could choose what weapon we want from the exchange.

You'll be able to choose which weapon you would like. You can even choose a weapon that's not for your class if you so wish.

13 hours ago, Cyan said:

You'll be able to choose which weapon you would like. You can even choose a weapon that's not for your class if you so wish.

Are the new weapons you choose from the box Bind on Equip so you can transfer to a different character on your account through the warehouse?

@Cyan what about Shields? are they considered Weapon or Armor for the exchange? cuz currently in 5.8 Shield come in "Armor Boxes" but in 6.2 they come inside a "Weapon Box". So if i have an AP shield or Caeus Shield  enchanted enough to exchange, will i get an Weapon Box? or an Armor Box @___@? 

58 minutes ago, Enriah-KT said:

It says that master harvester hat gives the armor; so it means if I get multiple master harv hats to +5 or more I can choose any piece of armor I want? Like the top, legs, whatever? Or only hat is viable?

You can choose any piece, including hat. You get a box and the item inside is selectable for gear that your class can wear (and comes pre-enchanted if you met the requirements for that).

@Cyan

Hello,

Regarding the bracelets @cruucruu-DN mentioned this earlier-

The Spreadsheet shows that our bracelets will be exchanged for PVP bracelet only. Whereas our plumes we can choose pve or pvp. In KR server they had pve bracelets as well. Does this mean that NA will not have the PVE bracelets or will it be exchanged the same way as plumes (with choice of pvp/pve)?

1 hour ago, Maika-DN said:

@Cyan

Hello,

Regarding the bracelets @cruucruu-DN mentioned this earlier-

The Spreadsheet shows that our bracelets will be exchanged for PVP bracelet only. Whereas our plumes we can choose pve or pvp. In KR server they had pve bracelets as well. Does this mean that NA will not have the PVE bracelets or will it be exchanged the same way as plumes (with choice of pvp/pve)?

If Korea didn't exchange that, we won't either. In 6.2, every single item will be either PvP or PvE, from bracelets to plumes and even wings, it doesn't matter. Every single item will have 3 manaslots to use (which need to be unlocked). 

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

If Korea didn't exchange that, we won't either. In 6.2, every single item will be either PvP or PvE, from bracelets to plumes and even wings, it doesn't matter. Every single item will have 3 manaslots to use (which need to be unlocked). 

I know everything will be either PvP or PvE. I'm just asking @Cyan if there's an error on the spreadsheet and if we're also given the option to choose between a PvE bracelet and PvP bracelet (just like the plume). I'm guessing you're saying that Korea didn't exchange them to PvE so we have to get those PvE bracelets from elsewhere.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/187205032

^ one of the  PvE bracelets i was referring to.

2 minutes ago, Maika-DN said:

I know everything will be either PvP or PvE. I'm just asking @Cyan if there's an error on the spreadsheet and if we're also given the option to choose between a PvE bracelet and PvP bracelet (just like the plume). I'm guessing you're saying that Korea didn't exchange them to PvE so we have to get those PvE bracelets from elsewhere.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/187205032

^ one of the  PvE bracelets i was referring to.

Cannot check the link right now but, iirc Mirash will drop bracelets (also, Mirash will be easy mode).

@Cyan I know sometime this week we should get more info regarding exchanges etc but I feel like I have to bring this up:

After the patch  there's gonna be NPC exchanging omegas/temperings etc into new items.. Now the problem is that the NPC agrees only 2 IDs of them, the tradeable version and only one of the event versions (the 1 from previous events I think).. The problem is that these temperings have different ID than those you can get as loot from the chest in T-dredge.

QUESTION: should I use them or are you gonna run script which exchanges them into 1 of the acquired IDs? 

thanks

• Aion Team
On 10/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Chibiusa-DN said:

@Cyan what about Shields? are they considered Weapon or Armor for the exchange? cuz currently in 5.8 Shield come in "Armor Boxes" but in 6.2 they come inside a "Weapon Box". So if i have an AP shield or Caeus Shield  enchanted enough to exchange, will i get an Weapon Box? or an Armor Box @___@? 

The shields are in the weapon boxes.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, Harpz-DN said:

Are the new weapons you choose from the box Bind on Equip so you can transfer to a different character on your account through the warehouse?

They are bound to your character.

On 10/11/2018 at 0:16 AM, cruucruu-DN said:

@Cyan will there be a pve bracelet exchange just like the plumes pve/pvp? i see only pvp for exchange

What is on the table is all that will be exchanged. There is no PvE bracelet.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:26 AM, Magistone-KT said:

@Cyan I know sometime this week we should get more info regarding exchanges etc but I feel like I have to bring this up:

After the patch  there's gonna be NPC exchanging omegas/temperings etc into new items.. Now the problem is that the NPC agrees only 2 IDs of them, the tradeable version and only one of the event versions (the 1 from previous events I think).. The problem is that these temperings have different ID than those you can get as loot from the chest in T-dredge.

QUESTION: should I use them or are you gonna run script which exchanges them into 1 of the acquired IDs? 

thanks

Currently I am unsure about this, but will forward it to the team to verify.

Hace 36 minutos, Cyan dijo:

Los escudos están en las cajas de armas.

Están vinculados a tu personaje.

Lo que está sobre la mesa es todo lo que se intercambiará. No hay pulsera de PvE.

Actualmente no estoy seguro de esto, pero lo enviaré al equipo para verificarlo.

A few days of the update we still do not have a report with the exchanges like omegas, tempering solution and other articles but without counting that we received the last update. I think we should be given that information as soon as we are many who are looking forward to it.

@Cyan 

• Aion Team
13 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

@Cyan are we going to get the 8th stigma slot?

I saw this question in another thread I was going to answer. Yes, the slot will be available.

2 hours ago, Daviar-KT said:

A few days of the update we still do not have a report with the exchanges like omegas, tempering solution and other articles but without counting that we received the last update. I think we should be given that information as soon as we are many who are looking forward to it.

@Cyan 

I know you guys are very eager for information. We will be having some soon.

10 hours ago, Cyan said:

"Are the new weapons you choose from the box Bind on Equip so you can transfer to a different character on your account through the warehouse?"

They are bound to your character.

Hi @Cyan, so the weapons and sets are bound to our characters, but what about the compensation / exchange boxes?, are these tradeable or are account bound as well?. I would like to know that because I will get some compensation items in my alt and I'd love to trade them to my main account. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Zoraida-KT said:

Hi @Cyan, so the weapons and sets are bound to our characters, but what about the compensation / exchange boxes?, are these tradeable or are account bound as well?. I would like to know that because I will get some compensation items in my alt and I'd love to trade them to my main account. Thank you.

Everything is character bound.

Archived