[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

Just now, Kharin-KT said:

@Cyan sooo do exchanged things for really needed yo be in inventory??! D: or that time limit was only for enchanting? :c Cuz Im still wearing my weapon >.<

The limit was for enchanting. They dont need to be in your inventory, just not in an obscure place like warehouse or pet inventory. Equipped and inventory items are safe for compensation.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kharin-KT said:

@Cyan sooo do exchanged things for really needed yo be in inventory??! D: or that time limit was only for enchanting? :c Cuz Im still wearing my weapon >.<

time limit was only for enchanting if you enchanted something after the timer they claimed you will not be allowed to exchange that item :D but i would still prefer for 6.2 you keep stuff in your inventory just in case ^^

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

I just wanted to post and say it's currently noon PDT so time is up to further enchant your equipment!

Can I transfer gear that was enchanted prior to the enchantment cut off to another toon, so they could receive the compensation.

Say I have a Prime Accessory at +8 (enchanted yesterday) can I give it to my gunner now and get the exchange on my gunner, or will the exchange be granted to the toon that had the item in their inventory during the cut off time.

2 hours ago, Boonkie-KT said:

Can I transfer gear that was enchanted prior to the enchantment cut off to another toon, so they could receive the compensation.

Say I have a Prime Accessory at +8 (enchanted yesterday) can I give it to my gunner now and get the exchange on my gunner, or will the exchange be granted to the toon that had the item in their inventory during the cut off time.

I am trying to find this out as well. I submitted a ticket. In the first week of the event I enchanted a sunya weapon for my chanter to use and then was going to unbind it and give it to my cleric for for the compensation weapon. I bought an unbind stone and attempted to unbind it and found out I couldn't so I immediately submitted my ticket explaining my situation to support. No response yet though.

1 hour ago, Briearios-DN said:

I am trying to find this out as well. I submitted a ticket. In the first week of the event I enchanted a sunya weapon for my chanter to use and then was going to unbind it and give it to my cleric for for the compensation weapon. I bought an unbind stone and attempted to unbind it and found out I couldn't so I immediately submitted my ticket explaining my situation to support. No response yet though.

dude...  sunayaka is not soulbound, is untradable.

Also support can take more than 12 hours to respond your ticket and in times like these for sure they are drowned in tickets so maybe 48 hours.

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

dude...  sunayaka is not soulbound, is untradable.

Also support can take more than 12 hours to respond your ticket and in times like these for sure they are drowned in tickets so maybe 48 hours.

I've never had a sunayaka weapon before this event and thought since it comes in a box that you can select whatever weapon you want, that it could unbind. I didn't look at the weapon info ect. I just enchanted it on my Chanter after getting a box and ran linkgate for 3 weeks. It takes a lot of time to run it on multiple toons so I just logged on, ran it on on all my toons,  put the items in the account warehouse, give them to my cleric and logged off. I submitted my problem over 12 hrs ago. If they won't do it I won't overact. What's done is done but if they will I will thank them. 

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I thought the same, but turns out they were in a strange present box. It didn't look like a gear box. Check your inventory closely.

Apparently I got it on the wrong character, even though my plume was on my main. Sigh. 

@Cyan Is there something that can be done? :/ Should I write a ticket?

10 hours ago, Enriah-KT said:

Apparently I got it on the wrong character, even though my plume was on my main. Sigh. 

@Cyan Is there something that can be done? :/ Should I write a ticket?

Who was the plume on at 12pm PST on the 23rd? That's when the snapshot of our characters was taken for the exchange.

I would definitely contact Support either way.

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Who was the plume on at 12pm PST on the 23rd? That's when the snapshot of our characters was taken for the exchange.

I would definitely contact Support either way.

Probably that's why, Maybe I moved it between characters on accident or something. I don't recall tbh but it was on my main almost all the time.

Wrote a ticket yesterday, no answer so far

So this exchange was a pretty bad idea overall after having tried things out for the last day or so.

This is a repeat of the "twink" situation all over again as people with formerly +20 gear traded in are completely invincible against people with starter sets or entry level sets.

This is rather interesting as under the old system even +30 wasn't immune to +15, +30 might kill very quickly but would likewise take significant damage from a +15 equipped player. However as NC didn't see fit to give gear to those with +15 (not whale enough obviously) that system no longer applies. In essence you have literally invincible players strutting around and tanking entire zergs without trouble.

I mean I was full prime captain +15 before this patch, now? It's ludicrous.

Right. But there is a cap where they just won't get any better and you will continue to gain on them in gear. Once you get to Ultimate +15.. that's it.

I had a legion mate just tell me that he can't PvP any more. I asked him why and he said he got 3 shot by a sorc. Well.. he's level 78 and in quest gear. So it really is no surprise. He will catch up, but he needs to come to terms with the fact that he is going to die along until then. Hell.. I have to come to terms with that, too! It's been a long while since I was this squishy. But meh. I got through it before. I will again.

27 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Right. But there is a cap where they just won't get any better and you will continue to gain on them in gear. Once you get to Ultimate +15.. that's it.

I had a legion mate just tell me that he can't PvP any more. I asked him why and he said he got 3 shot by a sorc. Well.. he's level 78 and in quest gear. So it really is no surprise. He will catch up, but he needs to come to terms with the fact that he is going to die along until then. Hell.. I have to come to terms with that, too! It's been a long while since I was this squishy. But meh. I got through it before. I will again.

Exactly why the compensation is a remarkably bad idea now that it's live. People have a massive head start and can actively deny content to people who can't even hurt them at all.

I mean the difference now is literal god mode compared to before; you have players who deal thousands vs players who are hitting 50s on a 40k health pool. Even full PVP gear vs PVE gear in the old system didn't have such disparities, at most you'd hit 30% less due to PVP defense and they'd hit 30% more. You can have 12 players in starter gear beating on one guy and that one guy can literally sit there and do nothing.

This can be boiled down to +15 vs +20 where +15 wasn't compensated and +20 was. The actual difference between +15 and +20 was nonexistent in practical game play senses but now that lead is astronomical. What was a marginal advantage became a completely lop sided one.

All I can say is, good job NC. I didn't think you guys could screw up balance worse than you do in BnS battlegrounds. This is one up that.

3 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

Exactly why the compensation is a remarkably bad idea now that it's live. People have a massive head start and can actively deny content to people who can't even hurt them at all.

I mean the difference now is literal god mode compared to before; you have players who deal thousands vs players who are hitting 50s on a 40k health pool. Even full PVP gear vs PVE gear in the old system didn't have such disparities, at most you'd hit 30% less due to PVP defense and they'd hit 30% more. You can have 12 players in starter gear beating on one guy and that one guy can literally sit there and do nothing.

The annoying part about this can boil down to the +15 vs +20 where +15 wasn't compensated and +20 was. The actual difference between +15 and +20 was nonexistent in practical game play senses but now that lead is astronomical. What was a marginal advantage became a completely lop sided one.

All I can say is, good job NC. I didn't think you guys could screw up balance worse than you do in BnS battlegrounds. This is one up that.

This entire update is sparking my old PTSD from the NGE "update" to Star War Galaxies.

18 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

This entire update is sparking my old PTSD from the NGE "update" to Star War Galaxies.

This entire update is literally a rerun of 2.0 when I first joined where "twinks" were rampant and you couldn't do a thing.

It took 1.5 years (lots of afk dredge as you couldn't win) to reach parity with a L50 +15 AP set which was promptly made useless against magic with 3.0 which introduced MS (still could tear them apart even if could get 1 shot though). That took 6 months of AoC/D farming to catch up with a C2 +15 set. 4.0 dropped and the EC set held up decently but still went to BM and then 2* AP set. 5.0 dropped and went to purple AP set while still doing fine with the 2* set.

This is a total restart, nothing of what you had in the past matters unless you were compensated.

This update might be good in a sense, as in it's new content, but having everyone aside from previous whales have to restart from zero while giving said group a massive head start? Can't see many playing for long, myself included. No one should be playing "catch up" unless they're an actual new account and not a veteran account with thousands of hours invested.

4 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

This entire update is literally a rerun of 2.0 when I first joined where "twinks" were rampant and you couldn't do a thing.

It took 1.5 years to reach parity with a L50 +15 AP set which was promptly made useless against magic with 3.0 which introduced MS (still could tear them apart even if could get 1 shot though). That took 6 months of AoC/D farming to catch up with a C2 +15 set. 4.0 dropped and the EC set held up decently but still went to BM and then 2* AP set. 5.0 dropped and went to purple AP set while still doing fine with the 2* set.

This is a total restart, nothing of what you had in the past matters unless you were compensated.

This update might be good in a sense, as in its new content, but everyone but previous whales to restart from zero while giving said group a massive head start? Can't see many playing for long, myself included. No one should be playing "catch up" unless they're an actual new account and not a veteran account with thousands of hours invested.

I wouldn't call it new content. One new zone's worth and everything else reworked or removed so rehashed at best. God I remember the twinks though. All those level 50s in gold abyss gears wrecking everyone in their path. This update was not for the veteran players. It's a big flashing billboard for players that left long ago and anyone new and crazy enough to jump on-board now.

i get wrong converted gear after Update 6.2

my item : distorted sunayaka's dagger +22

should be : +10 Legendary Zenith/Winged Champion Weapon Box

but it appear : +5 Ancient Zenith/Winged Champion Weapon Box

already send ticket but no response in 3 days ago, anyone have problem like this?

10 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

This can be boiled down to +15 vs +20 where +15 wasn't compensated and +20 was. The actual difference between +15 and +20 was nonexistent in practical game play senses but now that lead is astronomical. What was a marginal advantage became a completely lop sided one.

Exactly how I felt. 5.8 was bad?? Yeah it was bad. But aside from Sheba, 6.2 has been worse. Players doing 10x or more damage on me with the SAME skill that I'm using on them. My autos/skills doing anywhere from 150-450 damage to them and they are doing 2.5k-6k+ with their autos/skills.

I like (fair-ish) pvp by the way, but right now it's just...what's the point?

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The fallacy in your argument seems to be "appeal to antiquity." Just because you're ok with "toughing it out" doesn't mean the rest of us are. We don't care how you old timers used to suffer or how you want to suffer. We log in to Aion to have fun. And for most of us, fun does not constitute pvp with 0% chance of winning. Dying/toughing it out is fine if at least you acquire something or learning something new (e.g. how to pvp better). But with this gear disparity, I haven't found dying in 6.2 pvp to be fruitful. There is a line between tough and stupid. And I'm not stupid.

11 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Exactly how I felt. 5.8 was bad?? Yeah it was bad. But aside from Sheba, 6.2 has been worse. Players doing 10x or more damage on me with the SAME skill that I'm using on them. My autos/skills doing anywhere from 150-450 damage to them and they are doing 2.5k-6k+ with their autos/skills.

I like (fair-ish) pvp by the way, but right now it's just...what's the point?

The fallacy in your argument seems to be "appeal to antiquity." Just because you're ok with "toughing it out" doesn't mean the rest of us are. We don't care how you old timers used to suffer or how you want to suffer. We log in to Aion to have fun. And for most of us, fun does not constitute pvp with 0% chance of winning. Dying/toughing it out is fine if at least you acquire something or learning something new (e.g. how to pvp better). But with this gear disparity, I haven't found dying in 6.2 pvp to be fruitful. There is a line between tough and stupid. And I'm not stupid.

Amen. I've been here since the game launched and still have the Settler of Aion title. Nothing this patch has done is acceptable and it should not be near apathetically "tolerated." This is nothing like the game was at launch. NCSoft East may consider this a "return to roots" as some people have called it but this patch is anything but.

Archived