[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

Just now, Maleficent-DN said:

God forbid you do not realize how unfair this is to the new players or returning ones whom have a job they need to pay bills. because they need to adult. 

i worked hard on my gear, myself im sure many people have done so as well, sure if you sit on here all day long and feel you need a reward to be ahead good for you. im more concerned over new players, because we do need them, and returning users to be able to have a fair playing ground.  you know god forbid they want to come back and play and not be overpowered by someone being handed out ultimate gear. 

I work the entire day and just have like 4 hours free to play daily, and all my cared toons are good geared, without put a single cent on this game.

What's your excuse?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maleficent-DN said:

i smell b/s lol 

when I was playing on Kr to do some testing i found out that new/returning players can talk to this npc that helps them quest so when they do hit level 75 *which should take a few hours for them* they get a free 75 set that is actually good and helps them hit 80 so new players/returning should be alright considering the stats from 15 harv conversion and that gear probably will not be much different if not the same ^^ *if nc even adds the npc in game*

Just now, cruucruu-DN said:

when I was playing on Kr to do some testing i found out that new/returning players can talk to this npc that helps them quest so when they do hit level 75 *which should take a few hours for them* they get a free 75 set that is actually good and helps them hit 80 so new players/returning should be alright considering the stats from 15 harv conversion and that gear probably will not be much different if not the same ^^ *if nc even adds the npc in game*

Sonds like the Homeguard Bound event.

2 minutes ago, cruucruu-DN said:

doesnt help the ones that are new now or just returned to the game now. 

10 minutes ago, DonDiego-DN said:

I work the entire day and just have like 4 hours free to play daily, and all my cared toons are good geared, without put a single cent on this game.

What's your excuse?

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider "good gear"?

1 hour ago, Hinotori-KT said:

You guys are giving the same compensation for Grey Wolf and Master Harvester accs, which makes no sense since Grey Wolf accs give PVE bonuses when enchanted (here it's reasonable to give a PVE acc as compensation), while Harvester/Master Harvester accs give pvp bonuses when enchanted (so the people who enchanted them clearly did it for pvp purposes, thus giving a pvp acc compensation would make more sense).

Well, those people are nyerking idiots. Lets not reward it, shall we?

1 hour ago, Capa-KT said:

You realise you get utterly rubbish exchange for gear that's between +15 all the way to +24 right ? Most of the Ancient pieces don't even have HP so while your friends are in legendary gear and have 50k HP, you'll be sitting like a dumbass in 25-30k HP. That's without considering that +5 enchantment is just shit, you need +10 to be even relevant and to be able to tank people.

Enough said.

The only reason we're upset is that we had no events like Korea where owned gear got upgraded by 3 levels. Gear exchanges like +33 for Ultimate made sense. As far as I know, not a single person even has a piece that's +35 on NA servers. Gear exchange should be localized and adapted, taking into account what kind of gear most of the players on the servers have. Only about a hundred have +27s. Under 20 people have +30 pieces all servers and factions combined.

You realize i was telling the person who was struggling to +15 their master harv to use shining enchantment stones to +15 instead of omegas? I guess you misunderstood my comment completely but hey, you do you

You guys can complain that it's way to high blah blah.. But someone already said that the best would be 0 exchange with what I agree.

You may want to get the best gear possible but that's not the goal what NC wants right now, the compensation only takes place because whales would go like "Boo".

I think that NC's goal is to make everyone equal and attractive for new players. You have to choose: either you get the best gear and more ppl will leave or you give up your p2w advantage and get started almost equally so new players get a chance. Complain if you want that you get the low gear, but with getting the low gear, you're giving many new players a chance to be part of the community which Aion needs now. If the community keeps shrinking the game will go more p2w and less fun, with huge playerbase NC could remove everything from the shop except cosmetic items, because everybody loves skins.

@Cyan I know there are many comments tagging you but please, consider promoting Aion around the time 6.something hits servers so the community has chance to grow.

We knew about this exchange months ago. Knowing full well NCWest would copy paste the same exchange tables even though we didn’t have the free enchanting events that Korea did. Knowing full well the only way to get +30 on the old breakable gear is to cheat. Why get mad at the same punchline twice? We are missing the bigger point that we’re moving on to 6.X now. GET HYPE

*Happy panda emote*

5 minutes ago, Noona-DN said:

Not bs. It's all in HOW you spend your time playing.

it very well can be bs, i play just about the same time, doing runs, getting supps and farming omegas.  im about the same as him, but its bs to be plus 30 in that time frame,( unless your paying into events or something.)  if your returning or new, thats my point. im all for the next patch, how ever i do feel for the new players and returning ones whom just got a full set now. i was not refering to people whom sit on here monthly yearly and ect, im talking about the ones whom just started the game, or the ones whom been away and returning to play.  so yes im going to call that b/s  ,unless you been playing while. 

i don't get why people are complaining about the exchange rates. Yall realize that when we converted to 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0, we didnt' get free gear, right? Most of this stuff is going to be gear you extract or break down or npc within 2 months of 6.X launch anyway. Is it REALLY worth months of grinding effort now to save yourself a couple weeks worth of grinding effort later? no not really.

This gear was never about "enchant your gear up to get these cool rewards!", this gear is pity gear. "oh you spent so much time and money enchanting your gear to such high levels, we're sorry its literally garbage now, here's some stuff that's a little better but that you're still gonna outgrow soon anyway to sooth your hurt baby feelings"

play the game, or don't, and save your complaints for the legitimately broken (not working) things.

Archived