[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Cyan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had my master harvester at +27 and thought I'd try to get it to +30, let me tell you what. I wasted 42 omega stones (worth about 4,5billion) and with the enchant fees it was an additional 6B or something.

That was a good 10 billion worth of wasting money and my weapon was still at +27. It looks like after that it could get to +28 pretty rare and only ONCE it went to +29 and then failed.
I am not even your average player, I have alts and play all day when there are events.

If you really want us to stay here, at least remove the ridiculous fee of the enchants past +15, we can't use supplements and so we fail, at least we should only lose the omega and the enchants, not additional money.

A +35 weapon is a joke with the current rng.

P.S. you better make an event where if you fail you only lose 1 enchant/tempering at EVERYTHING, not just accessories and stigmas

So,  @Cyan, we already filled 6 pages with both questions and suggestions to change the compensation scheme. Many players are trying to decide what to do with their current gear in terms of aiming for the best compensation they can afford (ie: trying to +27 their stuff to get something better than a rubbish yellow set that will get them 3-shot against anyone in purples/reds, enchanting extra pairs of accs, etc), if you then decide to change the compensation scheme (hopefully for the better) then they may have just wasted billions that they could have invested in other 6.0 preparation things (stigmas, kinah hoarding for gold bar compensation, aetherforging, etc).

Prepping for this things often takes weeks (if not months) of kinah/material/enchant hoarding, so can we get a timely answer that doesn't happen 2 days before patch day?

We have read over the players concerns regarding the exchange rate and have decided to adjust the rates to better suit the needs of our players.

When has NCwest EVER made a decision like this? The exchange rate will remain the same, the only way they will change it is if they come to the conclusion they will lose money due to the current rates.

When are we getting the exchange rates for essence cores and scrolls. I assume the scrolls will remain the same as all other regions (1000 scrolls = 1 transformation potion box) but the essence cores were better in Japan/Russia. All cores regardless of level exchanged to some Gold Bars.

I really can't understand everyone in this thread that is complaining about the free gear conversion not being good enough. Like in NO other MMO does a player base DEMAND free gear from the NEW expansion, rather than progressing through the expansion like they are supposed to. It's a new expansion, you aren't supposed to be top geared in a week.

So basically Ncwest can't afford a proper patch or it's too lazy to develop one, and just copy paste the korean table and will use the korean conversion gear patch for us other regions are already making fun of the poor service of Ncwest with this exchange table.

If u think exchange gear is endgame on 6.2 your so wrong thats the entry gear to be able to grind the new one without gear you gona have a really bad time getting killed by any mob in the dungeons and even worse by the wallet warriors 

5.8 gear is useless on 6.2 so basically most of the players gona be naked

6 minutes ago, ArcheWeaver-DN said:

If u think exchange gear is endgame on 6.2 your so wrong thats the entry gear to be able to grind the new one without gear you gona have a really bad time getting killed by any mob in the dungeons and even worse by the wallet warriors 

5.8 gear is useless on 6.2 so basically most of the players gona be naked

We won't be entirely naked because the campaigns are quick to cough up something of a fig leaf equivalent. However yeah you're right, and that's I think the point that a lot of people who say 'what's the big qq about, it's like other patches' are missing - it's not like other patches. 6.x invalidates old gear pretty much immediately because of the intense upscale of mob stats and correspondingly also the stats players are supposed to be having.

That exchange list from Korea is an illustration of the wild enchant levels in that region that were normal, so the patch is supposed to trim that down into something less exotic. But applying the same list to us leads to awkward results because we never got to that point in the first place.

I'm also not so keen on the idea of 'let's just all start over then', because if one has to start over in a mmo... why should it be this one?

But that's why the exchange was created, was so that people who did have a foothold in the game already will still be further ahead, but the entire point of a new expansion is still new content, new zones, and new progression. Not to be started off close to the end already which is what it seems like everybody is complaining about.

Just now, Rakesh-DN said:

We won't be entirely naked because the campaigns are quick to cough up something of a fig leaf equivalent. However yeah you're right, and that's I think the point that a lot of people who say 'what's the big qq about, it's like other patches' are missing - it's not like other patches. 6.x invalidates old gear pretty much immediately because of the intense upscale of mob stats and correspondingly also the stats players are supposed to be having.

That exchange list from Korea is an illustration of the wild enchant levels in that region that were normal, so the patch is supposed to trim that down into something less exotic. But applying the same list to us leads to awkward results because we never got to that point in the first place.

I'm also not so keen on the idea of 'let's just all start over then', because if one has to start over in a mmo... why should it be this one?

Agree you can get basic gear from quests but when you start to get kicked from partys cause you don't at least have the ancient entry gear people gona start leaving to the new server if thers gona be one or just quit the game this exchange table basically only help the veterans that have been grinding 24/7 or the p2w users leaving the returning players and new ones being unable to stand  a chance againts players on pvp instances and world pvp and also being unable to join partys at pve to grind the new gear.

In older versions the gear you have helped you to grind the new one, in 6.0+ the thing is that you need to have new gear to be able to start grinding pve or pvp endgame, thats why the exchangable gear was created on 6.0 to let the current players be able to get the new one.

returning players and new players that have been playing this months should be able to get at least the ancient +0 not lose all the progress and have to start over again

veteran players and p2w ones should be able to get the legendary +5 etc since they have invested much time and money ingame 

But the problem with this current table is that this is creating a big gap betwen those 2 kind of players korea standar of players is plus 20+commander/master harv and our player base is +15prime/harvester accesories are Korea +8commander/Gray Wolf/Master Harv and NA is +5/7 Prime/Harvester/Gray wolf

I just want to know why Master Harvester Accessory will get pve rewards..............
I enchanted it because of the usage of pvp., but now it'll only get pve rewards?

To make whole accessory +8 takes me a lot of time and money, but these things will go pve only in 6.0?
Are U kidding.........That's really not fair.......

12 hours ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

I really can't understand everyone in this thread that is complaining about the free gear conversion not being good enough. Like in NO other MMO does a player base DEMAND free gear from the NEW expansion, rather than progressing through the expansion like they are supposed to. It's a new expansion, you aren't supposed to be top geared in a week.

Honestly this is the best post in this thread.  You are gonna get some gear to help you in new patch progress and get the new gear.  Sure some of the most geared players day 1 will have better gear but that is not stopping you from progressing and getting better gear in game.   A patch is meant to play not be finished gearing day 1 of patch so get to work :-)

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is a beginning all right. The beginning of the end for the NA region. TOP KEK

They have been saying that for like 8 years yet here we are.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:55 AM, DonDiego-DN said:

Well, not my fault that you are bad at gearing and getting kinah.

So, is people angry then because "muh purple gears"? ?

i have plus 10 master harvester come again????????????  which you called "geared" i call anything plus 15-30 geared and kinah wise im not spending any Shugos told me not to! thanks  for trying to insult me xD i never said i am personally angry. i been saying and i will repeat myself for the non reading people ""NEW"" players at this point have an unfair chance, ""NEW REturning OLD" players are sitting back a bit to.  at least until they can get aether forging up or farm the gear in 6.x . ^.^ have a good day 

3 hours ago, Louisey-KT said:

HOW ABOUT THE UNBIND OR UNUSED GEARS OR STILL IN BOX ON OUR INVENTORY? CAN WE STILL EXCHANGE THOSE?

Exchange for what? You will still open the old bundles and still get the gear rewards you get now. You will keep your gear, nothing will be lost.

However, you wont get compensation for them as long as they dont meet the enchantment level requirements specified on the start of this thread.

I see some people arguing the point that other games don't hand out new gear when moving into a new patch so why are there complaints. You do realize Ncsoft had to hand out this gear because they rehauled a vast majority of their game items etc rendering previous items null. In other words everything that people used which included time and for others a good chunk of real life funds went down the drain in one patch. In korea I've heard is even more p2w so in order not to lose what little bit of players they had left this was implemented and rightful should be. I too would be mad as hell if I spent thousands of dollars on virtual items for a company to finally decide "Hey we took a wrong turn now lets try to fix it" after years of people telling them "YOU TOOK A WRONG TURN". I watched when 6.0 patch went live in Korea on twitch and watched a cleric dump all her 5.8 gear which was +30 and above items to the merchant. When it came to her +30 staff she hovered over it and just kept it. God knows how much real life money her 4 sets of +30 gear and weapons cost her.

I am not a p2w so I am not arguing on that front. I am not arguing on any front as I honestly don't really care about the exchange rates but I can see from other people's points why they would be upset. RNG in this game is not very kind to any type of player and for everyone you can't get back time spent on almost anything you do in real life or on a game and for the few others on Aion all the real life kinah spent to be ahead of everyone else.

To me, using pay2win as a reason to be in an uproar over gear becoming obsolete is insane. When you spend money on a game like this, you should be doing so KNOWING that eventually whatever gear you are spending money on is eventually going to become obsolete when a new expansion is released. It's like that in (almost) every MMO out there that releases expansions. It's even been like that in THIS game since the 3.x expansions, every new expansion rendered old gear nearly useless, which is why I'm confused that this is just now becoming an issue for players. Pay2win is a choice that players make, it shouldn't lead them to a sense of entitlement when something like this happens.

17 minutes ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

To me, using pay2win as a reason to be in an uproar over gear becoming obsolete is insane. When you spend money on a game like this, you should be doing so KNOWING that eventually whatever gear you are spending money on is eventually going to become obsolete when a new expansion is released. It's like that in (almost) every MMO out there that releases expansions. It's even been like that in THIS game since the 3.x expansions, every new expansion rendered old gear nearly useless, which is why I'm confused that this is just now becoming an issue for players. Pay2win is a choice that players make, it shouldn't lead them to a sense of entitlement when something like this happens.

I agree that money spent on pixels should be considered a luxury in any case- it will disappear one day- every game shuts down.

However, I don not agree, since the game began gear hasn't become obsolete as per "Refly". For example,  the original miragent gear was more than adequate for a long time. When IS first came out, we were perfectly capable of doing that instance in our Kahrun sets. It wasn't always easy,  certainly not in comparison to when we had our IS gear, however a competent alliance would never think of refusing anyone in a Kahrun set, and that applied for quite a long time. 

I can provide other examples, but basically it doesn't apply to THIS game. In fact, it doesn't even apply to other NcSoft games that I've played. It's normal to progress, it's normal that due to an expansion, players need to improve their gear- BUT their old gear should be perfectly adequate to start the new lower level content.  In our case, if NCsoft decided to change so many things, they should have based their enchantment rates so that at least the lowest tear gear was given out,  and medium tier gear was  a bit more realistic, with the very highest grade unavailable. In other expansions it's not normal to have such a wide gap  so that you have some completely OP geared people, and a large group of people who will be semi or extremely undergeared.

Isn't that part of what "Refly" was supposed to address? 

Be happy these late players get something for investing into current gear. Im wondering what use is it to have spent 8b on 2 harps, 40b on the old apollon set and 40b+ on aetherforging when they came out, then to be replaced by something 2x better and cost 1/10 to enchant.

Archived