Power Up week coming in August 20th?

Arhangelos

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/events/08202018-power-up-week-returns.php

Excuse them, isn't essence core removed in 6.0+? We want a power up week for everything, not just accessories, stigmas and essence cores. With the chances of enchanting upgraded equipment even from +10 ~ +15 with omega+greater supplements, it will still be a big fail even if we lose only one enchant!

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

3x XP. Power-up week. SOON(tm), CYAN??? :P

Time to sell all the temperings I've been hoarding.

I'll probably do the same after that exchange list. I currently have a little more than 30 billion in cash left and plenty of things to sell, including omegas and temperings. I will probably be better leaving my char as is and work in 6.0 to get the new equipment than to waste my 30 billion for nothing at the moment. My essence cores are all +10, my acccessories are all +8 (both pvp and pve and I don't plan to waste any more money on them) and half of my stigmas are +9 the other half are +7. I learned the hard way it is better to purchase a ready made +9 than try to make one.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:
20 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Half of my stigmas are +9 the other half are +7. I learned the hard way it is better to purchase a ready made +9 than try to make one.

Oh my GODDDD truer words never spoken. Preeeeeaaaacccch.

Actually, I'd highly disagree with you, I can make 2~3 +9s with the price of a +9 stigma, buying +9 stigma is soooo much expensive

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

hi please sir may i purchase your rng from you

I have just stigma & tempering RNG good, rolling valuable items, enchanting & socketing RNG sucks... Actually I found out that as many of players have their lucky spot for enchanting (so do I), there's a spot for stigmas too but is not the same as for enchanting... e.g. you have your enchanting luck at your home, stigma luck will be way worse than average there.. Just some help :P

3 hours ago, MissTemper-KT said:

Save your money - success rate is so poor - my equipment dropped and I went backwards on everything!  Too bad - was looking forward to event...

I've been saving up stigmas for quite a while for this.  I had two storage alts, their inventory, warehouse and legion warehouses, full of stigmas, as well as a lot of my own space.  I had over 200 stigmas stashed.

The results have been abysmal.  It's been a complete and utter waste of money and time.  It wasn't even close to this bad last event.  It feels like they have monkeyed with the rates to screw everyone out of money on this last event before 6.x.  I stopped playing for a while, to take my laptop to Starbucks and do some work.  Aion has reached that level - where doing my work in my free time is preferable and more enjoyable than Aion.  Hell, Aion's just barely a notch above having a cheese grater dragged across my eyeball in terms of entertainment level. 

A couple of years ago, these results would have been shocking, and I'd be nerdraged as all hell about the outcome today.  But now, it's just kinda...expected.  It's The  Aion Normal. 

47 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

I've been saving up stigmas for quite a while for this.  I had two storage alts, their inventory, warehouse and legion warehouses, full of stigmas, as well as a lot of my own space.  I had over 200 stigmas stashed.

The results have been abysmal.  It's been a complete and utter waste of money and time.  It wasn't even close to this bad last event.  It feels like they have monkeyed with the rates to screw everyone out of money on this last event before 6.x.

I enchanted many stigmas myself and I have to agree that the rates feels way worse during this event, I wanted to get 5 stigmas +9, managed 2 from what I had saved but then some OMEGALUL came and I got other 2 so in the end I ended with 4/1 ratio.

But hey the rates indeed sucks this power up week, I'm missing last stigma to +9 and I will be good.

Then there's 1 other interesting ratio. I don't know if it's just me but you'd expect Major stigma to be the most difficult, wouldn't you? The truth is that (at least for me) is way easier to get greater and major stigma +9 than normal stigmas.

PS: don't say I'm saying shit, I managed to make 10 stigmas +9 so far

14 minutes ago, Magistone-KT said:

PS: don't say I'm saying shit, I managed to make 10 stigmas +9 so far

I don't doubt that you have.  I've made nine +9s.  Four of those I broke tonight trying to +10. 

There was a point where I thought I had bought way too many stigmas, and would have lots of leftovers.  I had 29 copies of one....and two of the same stigma at +8 and +5.  Seemed like a pretty safe bet I'd end up with a +9.  Instead, I ended up with a +8 (never touched) and a +4.  Yay fun!

Stigmas were the last thing I was going to do before 6.x - gearing up is otherwise pointless, making pretty much all content irrelevant.  I was going to farm and horde kinah, but that's gotten boring.  I guess I'll be a lot more productive at work until 6.x - or until another game catches my eye.

12 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

There was a point where I thought I had bought way too many stigmas, and would have lots of leftovers.  I had 29 copies of one....and two of the same stigma at +8 and +5.  Seemed like a pretty safe bet I'd end up with a +9.  Instead, I ended up with a +8 (never touched) and a +4.  Yay fun!

I feel the same, you prolly have a "shitty luck piece" I had my stinging note going over and over back to +2... I tried different one... that one has never gone under +5 again and way at +7 for a few tries before I got it +9 so I think that it also depends on piece of stigma you're doing like every stigma stone has different chance of success rate. And it can differ quite a lot as you can see.

Personally I wouldn't go for +10, not worth it :)

On 21/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, Magistone-KT said:

Actually, I'd highly disagree with you, I can make 2~3 +9s with the price of a +9 stigma, buying +9 stigma is soooo much expensive

I highly disagree with you, I have a boon of quickness +7 and keep it like this and got a new one to try to +9 it, it kept going anything from +2 to +7, I have bough practically all boons on broker to the point that the skill cost only 15~20mm and now it costs 35~50m because I was buying them all. I think I had about 45~50 of them used so far and that boon is now resting at +4.

I've wasted something between 1 billion to 1,5 billions so far and that stigma is +4. I'd would be glad to pay someone 2 billion and get me a +9 instead, save me the hustle and have that stigma (which is my last).

In 6.0 stigma enchanting is easier as they said though, the enchants can  take it +2 in one go as well (so I heard) or even +3 with one enchant who knows, but the sure thing is that they won't break upon fail back to +0 so ti will be like a permanent power up event.

On 21/8/2018 at 0:30 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Essence Cores are exchanged to Gold Bars in 6.0, so they're giving people another chance in enchanting it. Also it's coming on 22nd.

Do we have any info on how many gold bar it would give at least?

4 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I highly disagree with you, I have a boon of quickness +7 and keep it like this and got a new one to try to +9 it, it kept going anything from +2 to +7, I have bough practically all boons on broker to the point that the skill cost only 15~20mm and now it costs 35~50m because I was buying them all. I think I had about 45~50 of them used so far and that boon is now resting at +4.

I've wasted something between 1 billion to 1,5 billions so far and that stigma is +4. I'd would be glad to pay someone 2 billion and get me a +9 instead, save me the hustle and have that stigma (which is my last).

In 6.0 stigma enchanting is easier as they said though, the enchants can  take it +2 in one go as well (so I heard) or even +3 with one enchant who knows, but the sure thing is that they won't break upon fail back to +0 so ti will be like a permanent power up event.

Sure it depends on luck, actually, if the stigma kept dropping to +2 I wouldn't enchant it further cause that's very difficult piece, I had one too... Tried another piece which went quite quickly to +9, so yea for some ppl it's easier for some difficult, just watch the enchantment lv how it goes, if it drops under +4 quite often then you will not get it to +9 anytime soon.

But sure depends on RNG

4 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Do we have any info on how many gold bar it would give at least?

No Info yet.

2 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

Sure it depends on luck, actually, if the stigma kept dropping to +2 I wouldn't enchant it further cause that's very difficult piece, I had one too... Tried another piece which went quite quickly to +9, so yea for some ppl it's easier for some difficult, just watch the enchantment lv how it goes, if it drops under +4 quite often then you will not get it to +9 anytime soon.

But sure depends on RNG

Well I didn't know I had to change the stigma itself, I mean I just took a test with a cheap sh!tty one that nobody needs, started at about 2m price up to almost 10m, I bought 17 of them, I ended up with  a +3 stigma. you know the struggle, this is what happens most of the time when I try to enchant stigma.

There is no such thing as RNG, it is a drop dead algorithm made to devour your kinah, there is some fake advertising with this event that you can enchant easier just because it doesn't get all the way to 0, but a +3 is the safe to enchant without an event and this is what I am left. If it was pure RNG then it wouldn't matter which stigma it is, they probably marked some stigmas with a different success ratio than others so some will succeed and tell their success story to those massively unfortunate ones, trying to prove to them that enchanting in Aion is legit... It is not.

When I aske3d for this event to affect everything, I wasn't even joking, even with the event, they could screw us up and make sure we end up losing more than what we earn.

First I bought 17 of them

BOhkqV8.jpg

Then I enchanted them

7fI5siX.jpg

33 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Well I didn't know I had to change the stigma itself, I mean I just took a test with a cheap sh!tty one that nobody needs, started at about 2m price up to almost 10m, I bought 17 of them, I ended up with  a +3 stigma. you know the struggle, this is what happens most of the time when I try to enchant stigma.

There is no such thing as RNG, it is a drop dead algorithm made to devour your kinah, there is some fake advertising with this event that you can enchant easier just because it doesn't get all the way to 0, but a +3 is the safe to enchant without an event and this is what I am left. If it was pure RNG then it wouldn't matter which stigma it is, they probably marked some stigmas with a different success ratio than others so some will succeed and tell their success story to those massively unfortunate ones, trying to prove to them that enchanting in Aion is legit... It is not.

When I asked for this event to affect everything, I wasn't even joking, even with the event, they could screw us up and make sure we end up losing more than what we earn.

*Deleted pics so that the quote is not as long*

Let me say something. I enchanted 11 stigmas to +9 in total, this power up week I managed to make 5 of them.

What I can say is that the enchanting was failing a lot more than previous power up weeks. Some went quite easily, the worst I had was like 40 pieces.

I'll give you an example which actually happened to me: I was enchanting <Stinging Note> but the piece I tried went twice to +2 so after like 20 wasted stigmas I said FK it and I used different piece which ate like the same amount but went up to +9 (that one haven't gone under +5 with fails)

What is also important is that (for me at least) that different stigmas have different locations where they fail less (can be a little or a big difference).

Also I'll note that for me the easiest to enchant were Greater stigmas, then Major while the Normal stigmas were the most difficult for me. *RNG*

If you want, pm me in-game and I can try to enchant the stigma for you if you bring a few pieces. Cannot say if I'll be lucky or unlucky, RNGesus always watches it. (If I don't respond, don't mind me, I'm just AFK :D )

10 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

If you want, pm me in-game and I can try to enchant the stigma for you if you bring a few pieces. Cannot say if I'll be lucky or unlucky, RNGesus always watches it. (If I don't respond, don't mind me, I'm just AFK :D )

Well I am an Asmodian from Katalam, that would have to be the same race/server but also I bought all boons of broker now and then burned them, so I cannot find enough till the end of power up.

If there were enough boons I'd be enchanting at the same time 2~3 different ones and see, but I would also have to find a right spot then.

Archived