Forums

I Just Heard What IMHO Consider an Awful Rumor: There is NO Flying in 6.0?

Aieryn-DN

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Either way, I think you’re being too over dramatic about this, crying again about the old maps being removed and why the game is gonna fail just doesn’t help the cause.

Pretty much how people are like whenever a big patch is getting released. Nothing new. *sighs* 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very much share xiilieaxz-DN sentiments and thoughts about the removal of old maps and especially the beautifully written quests, stories, side stories, mini-chains, random little quests and even pages of what NPC's say when you decline a quest or when they have no quest for you - the latter often give more lore and insight about certain events than the quests. But many quests, stories and minichains were already ruined with the invention of dark blue quests which clearly was done by people who were not very familiar with Aion stories (e.g. Fire Temple chalice guard Denlavis from Hannet's runaway husband and the father of their stillborn child turning into her son). I've played pretty much every light blue low level quest a long time ago, but sadly I was never able to experience the removed maps and the stories associated with them, and I cannot express enough how much it saddens it me. I wish there was a way for me to experience that sunken part of the game, and so I understand that there are people who feel the same about the vast wonderful content that will be removed very soon. In fact, I have met such people ingame, and I also know that there are still many new and returning people who like to quest in the low level zones.

But I also understand the reason and the need to trim off the dead parts of the game. So I've let go of the old content - both the one I may like to re-visit one day and the one I've never got a chance to experience. Got caught in the 5.x grind like everyone else and am very excited about 6.x and future patches. Aion is dead, yes, but long live Aion.

6 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

I've played pretty much every light blue low level quest a long time ago, but sadly I was never able to experience the removed maps and the stories associated with them, and I cannot express enough how much it saddens it me. I wish there was a way for me to experience that sunken part of the game

Google for a pre-4.8 private server? It's not really that hard you know. There's also cutscenes on youtube and summaries on AionCodex and the wikia. Just because stuff gets trimmed here doesn't mean it's gone forever. It lives on in your heart.

1 hour ago, Mirei-KT said:

Google for a pre-4.8 private server? It's not really that hard you know. There's also cutscenes on youtube and summaries on AionCodex and the wikia. Just because stuff gets trimmed here doesn't mean it's gone forever. It lives on in your heart.

And that's why deleting maps is stupid. You know something is wrong when the official server loses players to private servers because the private servers have more maps and content.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:55 PM, xiilieaxz-DN said:

You are right with too many fort sieges. But they way overfixed it. They just had to tune it down to 1 siege per weekday and 2 sieges per weekend, like I suggested. Not remove everything and make everyday Abyss, Abyss, Abyss, and more Abyss. Instead of overloading people with too much content they are now boring people with the same content every day.

Whether it is important to the main lore or not doesn't matter. It's the quests and side stories. You probably haven't done any and don't know how beautifully they were written by the original developers.

This " overfixing" is another big problem I have with 6.0. It seems like they are going from one extreme to the other completely ignoring the middle altogether. Usually, I won't play any game I can hit max level with in one day. Such games suggest to me an extreme lack of story content and their being rushed altogether.

Being disabled, I play games to relax and enjoy myself also to fill a void left in my life by the loss of my former active lifestyle I can no longer lead due to my injuries suffered in my accident. Aion and two other MMORPG's currently do this for me along with three others on the side (one other where you can fly everywhere). Even with stil being able to Fly or "flutter," as someone else put it, around places like Enshar/Cygnea if I'm able to go from 0 to max level in just a few hours, a game once loved by me will have been utterly destroyed. Hollowed out, Flattened, take your pick of the term, into a stale fraction of what it once was.

And to address this, I'm not "Overreacting" to change. Change and evolution is a necessary part of any game to keep things interesting. No, its not that  I'm overreacting at all. Its that I'm SADDENED, Deeply Saddened at seeing a game I've loved from day one utterly destroyed and compressed into a fraction of what it once was just to "fit in" in todays Rushed lifestyle, as has been said in so many words by many here.

As I've stated in prior replies: They could have fixed what was wrong with Aion without crushing it's story or completely deleting the maps we love. The Abyss is a very important part of Aion's story. I just don't see how they are going to keep the story intact without this area. Having the Abyss as an afterthought just won't work period. An the gift of Flight is a very very important part of ascending and being a Daeva. Is the description of who you are after ascension, or is ascension in general being removed with 6.0? Will we just be called: "immortal humans?" Think about it.

And as for PVP in any form. I loathe it. All PVP has done in any game for me is cause arguments and ruin my gaming experience. I can get to max level with Aion's current problem filled configuration without doing PVP.

Immersion into the world of Atrea is  what we are losing with 6.0 as it is currently. Honestly, When I played the Korea version of it I was so disappointed I cried 3 hours in and have never went back. Again, I hope it's a very long, long time before we here in NA get 6.0, and I sincerely wish there was a version of Aion how it is now I could buy to preserve the story and a game I love.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, xiilieaxz-DN said:

While the devs are in Korea they might still listen to feedback of players from other regions. Sure, they have been implemented, but they can be reversed. It's not too late before the game becomes Truly Dead™.

And I was asking why people like Cheesecake and Bryos are so mad at me suggesting the maps should not be deleted / should be re-added. If they took a neutral stance and said "I don't care if the map is deleted." I would understand, but they took a hardcore stance wanting the maps to be deleted. It doesn't concern them one bit since they don't care about them. As for me, I have every right to be mad because it does concern me in every bit.

I agree with what you've said here but I personally am not singling out anyone. I respect everyone's opinion and views who have responded to my post, even those views by ppl. who do not agree with mine. And that includes Cheesecake and Bryos's. They are entitled to our respect of their views and opinions just as we are.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Whether there's PvP or not on the old maps doesn't matter, because it there won't be in Heiron in 6.0 either. The new campaign won't bring PvP to Heiron. Deleting the maps is unrelated to PvP. It's about leaving them as side content. I don't know what's on your mind thinking that more content = less players. Yes, the game is always moving on to new maps, but like I said with the Guild Wars 2 example, you can't fix this by constantly deleting old content. What you're doing is scaring new players away because they're missing a huge chunk of the game.

I agree with this as well. Although i do have my doubts as to how many New Players will flock to a 10 year old game to be scared away. What the powers that be in Aion should be thinking about is retaining the games current playerbase while still keeping things fresh to attract new players, not sacrificing the current playerbase in favor of a gamble that slicing the game to bits will attract new players that currently do not exist. "A bird in the hand................," in other words.

On 8/29/2018 at 0:08 AM, xiilieaxz-DN said:

They did have the idea of replayability. Elyos and Asmodian quests, while similar at some points, are vastly different, coming from someone who has done every Elyos and Asmodian quests including normal light blue quests. But now that is getting nuked and both campaigns are going to become the same. These 6.0 devs sure have an idea how to turn an interesting game into a boring one.

And like I said, the reason 4.8+ failed was because of lack of sieges. They took a wrong turn with the game, yet they're doubling down on it all the way down the hill. Mark my words, people will soon get bored of the 6.0 fort because there is no other siege than Kaldor and more players will leave. NCSoft needs to wake up and get back devs like those up to 4.0 who had a clear vision on how to make a great game.

You mean both Elyos and Asmodians will be doing the same quests? I didn't experience that when I tried 6.0 Korea version, but I play mostly late at night/early morning hours when there's not alot of ppl. on anyways. This cannot be the intention of 6.0, for if it was, they'd be forcing PVP on everyone. That will make me leave for I totally loathe PVP in any form as I've previously stated. What would be the reason for having Elyos and Asmodians?, why not just call everyone Atrean? Nah, Even I doubt this is the case. I base that on my prior experience with Korea 6.0 and the fact that it just makes absolutely no sense at all.

3 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

You mean both Elyos and Asmodians will be doing the same quests? I didn't experience that when I tried 6.0 Korea version, but I play mostly late at night/early morning hours when there's not alot of ppl. on anyways. This cannot be the intention of 6.0, for if it was, they'd be forcing PVP on everyone. That will make me leave for I totally loathe PVP in any form as I've previously stated. What would be the reason for having Elyos and Asmodians?, why not just call everyone Atrean? Nah, Even I doubt this is the case. I base that on my prior experience with Korea 6.0 and the fact that it just makes absolutely no sense at all.

I mean the campaign, according to what I read. Normal quests will be largely reduced in numbers, so in variety as well.

8 hours ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

And that's why deleting maps is stupid. You know something is wrong when the official server loses players to private servers because the private servers have more maps and content.

Yes, those what, ~10 people a year who leave for a private server definitely are not PvP people. Of course they make the jump for the maps and content (I mean who needs PvP when you can read up on that hot lore, right?), and most of them definitely do not come crawling back within a month because surprise, it turned out the grass wasn't quite as green on the other side after all. Just fyi, I suggested it to that person as a way to experience the removed campaigns if he really wants to.

Folks on this forum have already given you a number of valid arguments for deleting maps, but hey. Keep on ignoring those and hide behind the nostalgia card. Just don't expect to make a strong case for your own "arguments" if you keep on looking away from opinions you don't agree with.

32 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

Yes, those what, ~10 people a year who leave for a private server definitely are not PvP people. Of course they make the jump for the maps and content (I mean who needs PvP when you can read up on that hot lore, right?), and most of them definitely do not come crawling back within a month because surprise, it turned out the grass wasn't quite as green on the other side after all. Just fyi, I suggested it to that person as a way to experience the removed campaigns if he really wants to.

Folks on this forum have already given you a number of valid arguments for deleting maps, but hey. Keep on ignoring those and hide behind the nostalgia card. Just don't expect to make a strong case for your own "arguments" if you keep on looking away from opinions you don't agree with.

I'm not a PvP player either but I eventually jump into PvP if I like the game. I was actually planning a full comeback and purchase a subscription, but after seeing how much they are obliterating the game, I completely lost hope in the game.

I don't "want" the maps deleted. I just know they are being deleted; nothing is going to change that, and losing my shit over the actually logical reasons for removing those maps is a waste of my time. This is what is happening, no if, ands, or buts about it. They're making room to add more maps or even add destroyed versions of those maps in the future. They've even added to the lore why this is happening.

This isn't the first game I've played where old content was sacrificed to make way for the new. You, fortunately, have private servers you can go nostalgia on. Or read the quests stored on, like, the Aion wiki (even has that Twilight novel that was in Sarpan).

Getting mad about this does no good. Making multiple threads about it does no good. Not getting 6.2 puts the game in maintenance mode, and ask Wildstar how that's going for them and how they feel. The game moves on, and, sometimes, you have to move on with it.

Or play a private server. That one in Russia is supposed to be pretty big.

14 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I don't "want" the maps deleted. I just know they are being deleted; nothing is going to change that, and losing my shit over the actually logical reasons for removing those maps is a waste of my time. This is what is happening, no if, ands, or buts about it. They're making room to add more maps or even add destroyed versions of those maps in the future. They've even added to the lore why this is happening.

This isn't the first game I've played where old content was sacrificed to make way for the new. You, fortunately, have private servers you can go nostalgia on. Or read the quests stored on, like, the Aion wiki (even has that Twilight novel that was in Sarpan).

Getting mad about this does no good. Making multiple threads about it does no good. Not getting 6.2 puts the game in maintenance mode, and ask Wildstar how that's going for them and how they feel. The game moves on, and, sometimes, you have to move on with it.

Or play a private server. That one in Russia is supposed to be pretty big.

I want to know more about this Private Server thing. I've never used one. And if there indeed is a way I can continue to enjoy the story and the Flying I so much love I'm all for trying it. Y'all say I can Google it?, Well, I'll have to try this. Furthermore I thank those of you who have mentioned this here thus cluing me in there is such a thing.

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

I don't know if you really played on private servers. I played on many of them and I always found people who were that mainly for the PvP. There are also players who register just to see again Sarpan, do the old version of DS, OB, Rentus, but the most part are there to PvP.

Usually these servers give you a very good gear and increased rates to manastone it. This, in addition to the smaller gap between a completely geared player and a "just decently" geared one, make these servers much better to just PvP. The problem it's that after some months the owner starts to mod them too much, far from the original 3.5 or 4.7. And people stop to login.

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

I am disappointed in some of the direct "villifying" of Xiiliaz's and other ppl's comments and opinions I see going on here. As the OP for this thread further as I've stated in prior replies and responses I respect everyones views and opinions here even the ones that do not agree with mine. Everyone has a right to their opinion and view concerning these issues and nobody should be singled out for derogatory remarks. I'll thank everyone for remembering this as we continue with our discussion.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Isn't there a Russian one that has multiple versions of the game? I haven't looked for a while or remember what they're called lol

Yeah, there was a Russian server that had more players online than the old Kahrun... but it has been closed time ago. It's reborn, but I didn't check it yet. Though they all do a bad end sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Isn't there a Russian one that has multiple versions of the game? I haven't looked for a while or remember what they're called lol

I myself have never played on a private server. I am interested in trying though I've seen mention that they are all about PVP. If that is the case, or, if I'm going to get  Ganked everywhere then maybe for me they are a bad idea?

Just now, Aieryn-DN said:

I myself have never played on a private server. I am interested in trying though I've seen mention that they are all about PVP. If that is the case, or, if I'm going to get  Ganked everywhere then maybe for me they are a bad idea?

There's only one pserver I've ever tried, and it was marketed as a pvp server. Never tried the big Russian one.

If they're based anything on old Aion, there's going to be PvP. Old Aion questing areas, sans Sarpan, Theo, Brust, starting zones, was all about that pvp

6 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

If you don't like to PvP, you probably won't find many players to do PvE instances together. Don't expect to find crowded servers for this. But if you never quested in Sarpan, lost old instances like Abyssal Splinter or are curious to see Tiamaranta, it may be worth a shot. Sarpan had beautiful landscapes, especially on the north. But yeah, you'd find few people interested only in PvE. (some of these servers even allow you to see in which map the players of the other faction are playing, when you press shift+V)

Just now, KallSu-KT said:

If you don't like to PvP, you probably won't find many players to do PvE instances together. Don't expect to find crowded servers for this. But if you never quested in Sarpan, lost old instances like Abyssal Splinter or are curious to see Tiamaranta, it may be worth a shot. Sarpan had beautiful landscapes, especially on the north. But yeah, you'd find few people interested only in PvE. (some of these servers even allow you to see in which map the players of the other faction are playing, when you press shift+V)

You can still solo with a cleric or spiritmaster. Although I personally never tried it (yet) I've heard of people soloing Tiamat Stronghold in 3.5.

As for open world, most PvP took place in the eye anyway so you just have to watch out for the occasional red dot and learn where safe spots / guards are.

Well, we are talking about OLD versions of the game eh. I also tried to solo the old Rentus with a cleric... believe me, it was much much harder :D

edit: ah, you said 3.5. Well, they were good players then. I've been able to solo sauro until the boss (failed), but it took soooo long. Funny only once, to try, but I'd never repeat it to farm it.

2 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

I don't know if you really played on private servers. I played on many of them and I always found people who were that mainly for the PvP. There are also players who register just to see again Sarpan, do the old version of DS, OB, Rentus, but the most part are there to PvP.

That is what I was saying, but maybe I should have added that sarcasm disclaimer to my post.

2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I am disappointed in some of the direct "villifying" of Xiiliaz's and other ppl's comments and opinions I see going on here.

I would have agreed with you if this particular guy was actually offering any arguments or opinions to begin with. All I see is a rehash of his nostalgia/emo messages over and over while completely ignoring any and all counter-opinions and valid arguments raised by others. He can keep doing so, sure, but don't act surprised if people lash out at him after some time because he doesn't add anything, conveniently ignores unfavorable opinions, but meanwhile just keeps on repeating his same old, empty and negative messages in every.single.thread (multiple times even). At that point I'd say just do yourself a favor and stop playing imo.

2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Now this is a message that actually adds something, namely discussion.

As the other guy said, there's a couple of pvt servers that give you free max lvl and gear sets so you can just straight jump into the PvP. Not that you have to, of course - you can also just use said gear and levels to do the pre-4.8 (campaign) quests and maybe some instances. Pre-4.8 means it'll have Sarpan, Tia, Katalam and Danaria. Sarpan and Tia are only PvP before the daily reset (this may vary based on the server you pick), Katalam has neutral zones, and Danaria is so spread out that you probably don't have to worry about running into people. Especially considering the small populations those servers have.

22 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

I would have agreed with you if this particular guy was actually offering any arguments or opinions to begin with. All I see is a rehash of his nostalgia/emo messages over and over while completely ignoring any and all counter-opinions and valid arguments raised by others. He can keep doing so, sure, but don't act surprised if people lash out at him after some time because he doesn't add anything, conveniently ignores unfavorable opinions, but meanwhile just keeps on repeating his same old, empty and negative messages in every.single.thread (multiple times even). At that point I'd say just do yourself a favor and stop playing imo.

I'm just trying to keep things civil here. We have a good discussion going on here and i do not wish to see it ruined that's all. So I'm asking everyone to keep things Civil as best they can.

22 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Now this is a message that actually adds something, namely discussion.

As the other guy said, there's a couple of pvt servers that give you free max lvl and gear sets so you can just straight jump into the PvP. Not that you have to, of course - you can also just use said gear and levels to do the pre-4.8 (campaign) quests and maybe some instances. Pre-4.8 means it'll have Sarpan, Tia, Katalam and Danaria. Sarpan and Tia are only PvP before the daily reset (this may vary based on the server you pick), Katalam has neutral zones, and Danaria is so spread out that you probably don't have to worry about running into people. Especially considering the small populations those servers have.

I thank you very much for the information. I'm used to keeping track of red dots to avoid PVP as I do that now in the Abyss and on rare occasions when i do Spy missions in Elyssia. I've been playing Aion since day one. It'd be nice to experience these pre 4.8 maps and content again.

While I was upset when we lost those areas, I was not truly saddened as I am now with what is being amputated from the game in 6.0/6.2, whatever. We're losing so much of our story, is the problem besides the afore mentioned Flying issues I've mentioned, is what is bothering me.

If there were a way for me to just keep the version of Aion I have..............Oh well, I know thats probably just wishful thinking...................One can dream............

Currently I'm just enjoying what we have while it lasts before we lose it all. We here in NA don't even have an announcement 6.0 is coming, let alone a release date. While I know it is coming I'm certainly not in any hurry for it.

Archived