Block System Faults

Spiritknife-DN

I've never understood how when you block someone, you can still see all their emotes, they can still spam duel requests, trade requests, invite you to groups etc. It just seems like a major flaw in the blocking system - if someone bothers you enough for you to block them, you don't want to see their name as much as possible, and they can still (I guess) harass you by using certain emotes and spamming you with requests. @Cyan could this be something that's addressed? I feel like it sort of defeats the purpose of blocking if all it does is hide just what they say, when they still have other ways to be antisocial towards you.

Had this happen to me before with someone spamming group invites to me. Each time the invite was auto-declined, a new one popped up. Had to log off and not play that character for a while just to get away from the harassment.

Chat blocking is also bypassed if someone goes into Panesterra and uses LFG from there. That's really annoying.

You can disable group invitations by going into Options -> Game options -> Social -> Decline group invitations. Same for duel requests. People who spam you with group invitations insist a lot less when the game literally tells them to nyerk off.

You can remove the emotes showing up in your chat by going into Tab options -> Chat (click the + on the left) -> uncheck "Emotes". Personally, I've moved the emotes outside of my chat window and into a separate chat tab with the system notifications, so I can still read chat just fine even if someone's spamming the slap emote or whichever. Helps a lot more than you'd think, particularly in open world pvp/arenas.

4 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

You can disable group invitations by going into Options -> Game options -> Social -> Decline group invitations. Same for duel requests. People who spam you with group invitations insist a lot less when the game literally tells them to nyerk off.

You can remove the emotes showing up in your chat by going into Tab options -> Chat (click the + on the left) -> uncheck "Emotes". Personally, I've moved the emotes outside of my chat window and into a separate chat tab with the system notifications, so I can still read chat just fine even if someone's spamming the slap emote or whichever. Helps a lot more than you'd think, particularly in open world pvp/arenas.

That's all well and good but we shouldn't really have to do all that for one person. The block button should prevent them from doing all of that and stop us from seeing their emotes. It's just not practical when you still need to be invited to groups, duel, etc for other people and while those options work for a temporary fix, it's still dampening your gameplay. If you don't want anything to do with another player then you shouldn't have to do all of that just to make sure that they leave you alone.

Edit: That came across more hostile than I meant it to, I do appreciate what you said and yes it does work but unfortunately it's only a temporary fix.

It's not happening to me right now with anyone but it's happened in the past. I sent multiple tickets to Ncsoft, provided screenshots and videos but nothing was actually done in the end. This was someone that was doing all of that and also dragging my real life, real name, real social media in lfg and still nothing was done to prevent it - in the end he quit the game, but every now and then they log in and I know that they haven't been banned and I can still see all of their emotes and stuff.

2 minutes ago, Spiritknife-DN said:

This was someone that was doing all of that and also dragging my real life, real name, real social media in lfg and still nothing was done to prevent it - in the end he quit the game, but every now and then they log in and I know that they haven't been banned and I can still see all of their emotes and stuff.

Did you also know this person (on social media, etc.)? If so, you probably could've made a case to get local authorities involved. If you documented it, filed a police report, and contacted a lawyer, it's possible to compel them to stop. If you only knew this person through Aion, I guess it's also possible to have forced NC to give up information on them through some legal maneuvering. Sucks that you had to go through all that though...

Yeah support isn't too good about ... well much of anything.

But still, gather evidence, submit the tickets, get other players involved to submit tickets (Hey this guy is harassing another player and disrupting our runs ect.)

If he starts screaming, swearing, issuing threats send the tickets. They CAN hit him with a ban for bad behavior (usually just 72 hours) just getting them to get off their butts and actually do it is the trick.

had a guy harass my girlfriend this way - she blocked all his chars and he still kept following around spamming emotes, grp invites etc, reported him and got him banned simple as that, it's harassment and is dealt as such.

Archived