Forums

Aion September Preview

Cyan

16 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Tbh had Aion EU been published by someone else and not Gameforge, I wouldn't need to play NA with a higher ping and bad times for me, but even then, I still prefer it here uguu

Yeah. .-. I'd be more willing to give EU a shot, even with (this is going to be hilarious and I'm preemptively sorry) 170ms no VPN ping, if it weren't published by GF nor have prices more than double that of other regions. :| 

Y'know, for all the crap and pain that we deal with with NCWest, at least it's familiar and almost predictable crap and pain.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Gameforge isn't an unknown good lol

It's a very well-known evil, ask anyone playing Aion EU.

With that i mean what Cheese said:

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Y'know, for all the crap and pain that we deal with with NCWest, at least it's familiar and almost predictable crap and pain.

we all know who NCWest think and do things, for good or bad, so we all know what to expect from them, but Gameforge is completly different, for what i have read here in the forum and heard from people i know who have played there, Gameforge milk their player base in so many  ways that someday they might come with the idea if you dont pay a monthly fee you wont be able to run around the maps, just walk. Knowing what GF do, i´d better stay here.

4 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Gameforge milk their player base in so many  ways that someday they might come with the idea if you dont pay a monthly fee you wont be able to run around the maps, just walk. Knowing what GF do, i´d better stay here.

Even after the "unintended" Caius boxes on the luna shop, the disastrous handling of the Tia Eye event, the generally consistent nerfing of event rewards over the years, the lack of communication about updates & interaction with the playerbase, the blatant p2w events, the fact that hackers who also happen to be major spenders go unpunished, customer "support" not even bothering to investigate 90% of the reports that come in and instead replying with automated messages and Aion knows what other hair-pulling occasions, I am still here 4 expansions later and playing with high ping daily.

No matter how bad things can get here, if you ever played on EU Aion you know that they could be worse.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:53 AM, Capa-KT said:

Gameforge isn't an unknown good lol

It's a very well-known evil, ask anyone playing Aion EU.

I've played both and NC West is by far the worst publisher there is and p2w is through the roof here. People will complain regardless, the game turned bad from development. Also the Europeans complain more in general but the game is a lot more healthier there.

On 14.9.2018 at 2:42 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Tbh had Aion EU been published by someone else and not Gameforge, I wouldn't need to play NA with a higher ping and bad times for me, but even then, I still prefer it here uguu

I can relate to this since I feel kinda the same way. When GF announced they're getting the 6.2 patch, I thought for a second I could give myself a push and just see how it goes. So I did that, but after playing NA for over 6 years now... I just couldn't enjoy playing on EU as a EU player. Maybe it's also a mind thing. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

I can relate to this since I feel kinda the same way. When GF announced they're getting the 6.2 patch, I thought for a second I could give myself a push and just see how it goes. So I did that, but after playing NA for over 6 years now... I just couldn't enjoy playing on EU as a EU player. Maybe it's also a mind thing. *shrugs*

It’s harder to move there now since I’ve invested so much time into my toons. Not to mention a great legion and many friends to play with.

On 18/9/2018 at 15:59, 2s105714-DN said:

He jugado ambos y NC West es, de lejos, el peor editor que existe y p2w está por las nubes aquí. La gente se quejará independientemente, el juego se volvió malo desde el desarrollo. También los europeos se quejan más en general, pero el juego es mucho más saludable allí.

This is false, it shows that he has not played in the EU

4 hours ago, Yortus-KT said:

This is false, it shows that he has not played in the EU

I cannot believe how he says that, in NA there is nothing you MUST buy to get all game basic standar functions like you actually do in EU, they edited the game taking away from free player basic FREE functions like broker, mails etc... and able them via buying something from store, that's too nasty for me, i would never play for a publisher like them.

1 hour ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

I cannot believe how he says that, in NA there is nothing you MUST buy to get all game basic standar functions like you actually do in EU, they edited the game taking away from free player basic FREE functions like broker, mails etc... and able them via buying something from store, that's too nasty for me, i would never play for a publisher like them.

It shows that you haven't played on EU as well. There are two basic functions partially blocked as f2p. Trading, but if the initiator of the trading is old veteran or gp user they can give anything to the other. From broker you can only buy gp as f2p player, with kinah.

Personally I'd rather have these functions partially blocked, have the new player struggle for a month  to buy his first gp with kinah, and then be more or less like anyone else, rather than having to buy stuff at end game with your own real money, to be competitive in pvp, or having lots of bots as we've seen for years here. That is one of the main difference between regions. On EU players with only kinah can have all the items (best titles etc) as anyone that pay for the game, allowing even poor players to have a chance of being equal. After a bit of time those restrictions don't mean anything. The overwhelming majority of players have gp active, there were always gp at the broker. The other main difference is that the prices on cash shop are higher on EU but even here there is a difference. Someone from eastern side can buy almost double the amount of aion coins with 100 euros than someone from a western country from Europe using the same money.

And players here are a bit of a hypocrite. When power up events or others are up they rush to bcm to buy omegas, tempering or gambling items. You see plenty of threads. On EU such thread would be full of kids screaming p2w left and right.

And look at September preview. What are these watered down events? Boosts only in weekends? Look at boosts that last for weeks, this one for 3 weeks:

d6p0mrB.jpg

No region is perfect because the game is what it is and NC is greedy but don't think that NA is doing better than other regions because they are not. The p2w is right there in front of you, careless staff, poor communication, sounds familiar so far? Look at the player's base numbers, it went quite low for such a big region, catering  for other continents like South America or having players even from Australia. Probably lowest numbers from all regions where Aion is active. Want me to continue? Played too many years here to know it well.

6 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

And players here are a bit of a hypocrite. When power up events or others are up they rush to bcm to buy omegas, tempering or gambling items. You see plenty of threads. On EU such thread would be full of kids screaming p2w left and right.

(...)

No region is perfect because the game is what it is and NC is greedy but don't think that NA is doing better than other regions because they are not. The p2w is right there in front of you, careless staff, poor communication, sounds familiar so far? Look at the player's base numbers, it went quite low for such a big region, catering  for other continents like South America or having players even from Australia. Probably lowest numbers from all regions where Aion is active. Want me to continue? Played too many years here to know it well.

It is a bit hypocrite to be calling others hypocrite. Wasn't EU the region where you guys had two community "riots" (which achieved nothing) and the involved people are still playing and now buying transformation contracts despite promising they'd all quit?

If NA isn't any better than EU maybe you can explain why EU didn't get safe spots on gear/accessories despite receiving a copypaste of KR's exchange rates, why they didn't get Power-Up events for Accessories/Stigmas, why their 5.1 launched with a heavily nerfed version of the Luna Shop in which permanent mounts and many outfits were missing, or why the only decent events EUs has had have been the hand-me-downs from KR/NA. Unless you're going to convince me that GF's custom events like the halloween one and the recent "spend 6+ hours a day waiting for mobs due to bugged respawn times" were actually not that bad.

Bottom line, we're all suffering. NA is pretty bad, but at least on here you don't have to pay or grind a dead game for a month minimum to get access to its core features like broker, /3 and mail.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mirei-KT said:

It is a bit hypocrite to be calling others hypocrite. Wasn't EU the region where you guys had two community "riots" (which achieved nothing) and the involved people are still playing and now buying transformation contracts despite promising they'd all quit?

If NA isn't any better than EU maybe you can explain why EU didn't get safe spots on gear/accessories despite receiving a copypaste of KR's exchange rates, why they didn't get Power-Up events for Accessories/Stigmas, why their 5.1 launched with a heavily nerfed version of the Luna Shop in which permanent mounts and many outfits were missing, or why the only decent events EUs has had have been the hand-me-downs from KR/NA. Unless you're going to convince me that GF's custom events like the halloween one and the recent "spend 6+ hours a day waiting for mobs due to bugged respawn times" were actually not that bad.

Bottom line, we're all suffering. NA is pretty bad, but at least on here you don't have to pay or grind a dead game for a month minimum to get access to its core features like broker, /3 and mail.

What? From what I remember one was many years back and I don't even remember what it was about but please refresh my memory. The only recent one, which was when 75ap was best gear, was about not having 100% omegas from luna anymore. It still dropped  but with a much lower chance. Excuse me but those   players you saw didn't represent 'the community' when there are 10k-15k playing.  I as many others did agree with such change from GF because of how much others exploited that with multiple characters. Later they added some of them to the rewards of hero trials every few days then even later added more to vova vendor machine, which both could only be completed by active players 66+ and not afk farm with level 10 characters. As an active player I had more than enough omegas and tempers but of course there is never enough. Hence players complaining because no more infinite omegas from luna.

From what I see right now quite many players refrain themselves from buying  transformation contracts from cash shop so who is buying?  Most want it as a game reward, aside from the ones you buy with kinah on weekly basis. EU is not like South Korea where players throw away many thousands of euros at the screen for a single transform. Talking about riots, plenty more have been here in NA. Most recent ones were about Tiamaranta's Eye event. Plenty canceled their subscriptions yet still buy omegas and tempering during power up events.

Because many players complained it's too much p2w to have people with +25 or higher gear. Same with having pvp on feather (plume) which was not added. I'm one of those many that were glad they didn't add such patches. They didn't receive the patches, they suggested to Korea and they agreed.  The difference in gear  is too big. Same with Power up events which are viewed as quite p2w from different aspects. You have to understand that a lot of players don't pay anything or very little with real and they farm everything in game or buy with kinah. They want to have anything that is necessary or a constant resource with only in game ways of farming and not cash shop alternative. Different mentalities and circumstances. Players in Europe compare GF with the good old times of NCWest when the game was p2p, not knowing that a lot has changed here as well. Luna wasn't heavily nerfed, just different. Luna is not a KR design but a RU design which was agreed by KR and implemented. . The only nerf viewed by players was removing the 100% omega as I mentioned before. For mounts we had lots of other events where we achieved them for 'free'. Same for titles and other rare things, achieved with kinah only.

Bottom line these are different business models and have different results.  I don't think a month was something of an obstacle for someone who played this game for so many years. Also /3 and mail? For so many years here, after being f2p, I've seen the /3 here being flooded with rmt messages that many either ignored the channel or complained. Same with the mail, there was a time when there was no day without mail from spammers. Haven't seen a single bot on EU for the last few years, or spam. I haven't even paid for the game since like four years ago and still had everything in game on multiple characters and accounts. You claim that I say EU is superior, I don't say that even if I'm thinking it. I'd say the game is not quite as some players here are portraying it, being the hell hole they say it is. The game is quite in a sad state here, even the rmters left the game. The population numbers there is a lot more healthier compared with what's here. But in the end it's NC who designed such game and drove players away. Where you play is not important, each one with their own region. It's just that some players make such lame excuses to play here, the 'truly free' (hah) version of the game.

6 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Excuse me but those players you saw didn't represent 'the community' when there are 10k-15k playing. 

(...)

You claim that I say EU is superior, I don't say that even if I'm thinking it. I'd say the game is not quite as some players here are portraying it, being the hell hole they say it is. The game is quite in a sad state here, even the rmters left the game. The population numbers there is a lot more healthier compared with what's here. But in the end it's NC who designed such game and drove players away. Where you play is not important, each one with their own region. It's just that some players make such lame excuses to play here, the 'truly free' (hah) version of the game.

So there you go then. If EU has people that don't represent 'the community', I'm sure you understand that not everyone on NA rushes to the BCM to stock up during power-up events either. This is what I meant by it being hypocritical to be calling others hypocrite.

The rest of your message is mainly a matter of opinion that lends itself to further debate so I'm not really going to indulge into that. You have your view of the region you play, I have mine of NA, and if you are happy over there: power to you. But I will add that remarks like "EU is not like South Korea where players throw away many thousands of euros at the screen" just make you look silly unless you are a GameForge employee who has access to the numbers to back it up. Every region has whales, hypocrites, and opinions aplenty - and the only saintly people are those who wear a halo in their headgear slot.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived