You guys are the community... y'all have to create the open world pvp =)

Iczel-KT

The playerbase dictate how the pvp is... the downfall of pvp was due to most folks being too focused on having the best gear in order to pvp. 
If more undergeared players are willing to go fight from each faction.. even if they are squishy... both sides will eventually have opponents that are on par with themselves that they can fight.
But then again... back in the days there was more incentives to want to pvp.

The game created too many PVE methods of creating PVP gear.  They need to bring back quests that requires pvp to get the newer pvp gear.

Just saying hi,
~Iczel

P.S. Never hurts to form a league or two to zerg opposing faction's towns xD

I totally agree.

Chowmein (the real Chowmein NOT the fake Chanter lol) and I just came back 3 days ago. Me at 73 and Chowmein on his SW at 74, we are super undergeared and now playing asmo.

Too many elyos that's why we chose being asmos now. It is amazing how a lot of people are sitting in their 80ap gear or master harvester gear in +20s and not going out.

I seriously don't understand why people are afraid to die in a game xD you die, just go back ... Even to just duel for fun...people refused to do it or accept  o.O

I dunno. Getting no-ani'd on while on my 66 whatever character in the free 55 PvE gear by someone with +15 or greater 75/80 AP gear was kind of disheartening for me. Between the unbanned and unpunished, blatant hackers and the gear disparity, it's solidly turned me off from Aion PvP. It's one thing to die and go back. It's another to be 100-0'd with 0 chance to fight back by people who'll just glide hack away/logout when you bring a zerg out to kill them, wait for the zerg to dissipate, and come back and be super shitty once more.

I'm really glad you three enjoy PvP in Aion since your return, but please do have a small measure of empathy for those of us who have been dealing with the unfairness of it all and are nyerking tired of what it's become.

I totally understand where you are coming from Cheesecake. I have been around since beta. In whatever game I play there will always be cheaters.

Before, I get so upset but I have come to a point where I don't give a crap anymore. I am not going to allow a cheater discourage me from doing what I enjoy the most.

Win or Lose, I still enjoy it and make use of the gear I worked hard to obtain.

But hey, just like what we always say right? Each and everyone has its own right on how to play this game B|

This is the perspective of a someone who used to be casual PvP, as with many others, so take it as you will. Personally I found two reasons as to why I stopped bothering with PvP sometime after 4.5.

The first reason is obvious. Unlimited gear enchanting, minions, ping, plume, bracelet...the list of things you have to take care of and invest in just kept on increasing. I remember when things sort of got balanced at some point in 5.X (since a lot of people more or less had the same gear) and then poof: Caius boxes were "accidentally" added to the Luna Shop (but nevertheless were left intact for a week while another "mistake" got fixed within a day lol). Add up the blatant hacking that plagued the game for a long time and yeah.

The second reason is purpose. Before there was plenty of it: world-bosses, farming for boxes/keymasters (3.0), competing for camps, trying to do your (campaign) quests, entering an instance in Idian Depths (4.0-4.5), wanting that exclusive new Kunax skin from Idgel Dome, etc. Or just straight out "fun", because both Tia Eye and Idian Depths were fun places to compete in and you wouldn't just get one-shot..unlike now.

And then there was no more purpose. The instance entry points people used to fight over in ID were moved to safe spots and/or dead maps. In 5.X camps were no longer a thing, as was questing since people were just forced into Fissure or solo/duo UA Barracks if they wanted EXP. The eye and ID were killed, with 5.X adding no new endgame PvPvE map. The concept of world bosses had become outdated. GP could now be acquired from EB/IS/ToE. Formerly "exclusive" PvP skins were added to other items, which were easy to acquire. And so on.

They have been taking some steps in the right direction (no more GP from EB/IS/ToE, Xigncode updated and isn't as easy to bypass anymore). 6.0 has camps, a limit on gear enchanting, but it remains to be seen if it can bring back fun and thus people. Perfect rolls for paying users are already a thing, as are the Kaisinel/Marchutan transformations.

@Nyali-DN Hello =P
@Cheesecake-DN I hear ya... also the 100 to 0 gets worst and worst with each update because upgrade in DPS stats on weapons and accessories has been greater than the upgrade on defensive stats on armor and stuff.  And if it was harder to kill someone, it would promote more team play.
@Mirei-KT Yup, the purpose is gone or very lacking... pvp isn't really on the to do list with everyone's limited time to play and plenty of other things to do.
@iKkiana-DN Fellow Asmodian... "Blood for Blood" =)

PvP (all aspects of the game really) would be more interesting and enjoyable if people didn't use it as a measure of self-worth.

Getting rolled in PvP is perfectly fine if it happens and everyone can just walk away afterward, but there's almost always some caveat now, with either the winner or loser being obnoxious about the outcome.

I think we're all familiar with people that have difficulty accepting their loss and crying hacks, but more and more, I'm seeing insufferable behavior from people after they've won.

Shouts about BAD! and emote spam I can deal with. People logging on alts and harassing me about it on whisper or LFG, not so much. It's made worse when they create drama about it despite them having the objective advantage from the start (e.g.: X-forms, better geared, and lots of clerics), then hounding you about why you couldn't do anything about it. If you call them on it, they'll just go "1v1?!" And then there's the special kind of stupid when it comes from your own faction (why couldn't you beat my alt?! BAD!) and they use it as a means of not grouping with you ever again.

Whatever floats your boat...but with so much hostility among the player base, its gotten to the point where it feels like the majority of the people PvPing are doing it solely to flex their e-peen.

39 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

PvP (all aspects of the game really) would be more interesting and enjoyable if people didn't use it as a measure of self-worth.

Getting rolled in PvP is perfectly fine if it happens and everyone can just walk away afterward, but there's almost always some caveat now, with either the winner or loser being obnoxious about the outcome.

I think we're all familiar with people that have difficulty accepting their loss and crying hacks, but more and more, I'm seeing insufferable behavior from people after they've won.

Shouts about BAD! and emote spam I can deal with. People logging on alts and harassing me about it on whisper or LFG, not so much. It's made worse when they create drama about it despite them having the objective advantage from the start (e.g.: X-forms, better geared, and lots of clerics), then hounding you about why you couldn't do anything about it. If you call them on it, they'll just go "1v1?!" And then there's the special kind of stupid when it comes from your own faction (why couldn't you beat my alt?! BAD!) and they use it as a means of not grouping with you ever again.

Whatever floats your boat...but with so much hostility among the player base, its gotten to the point where it feels like the majority of the people PvPing are doing it solely to flex their e-peen.

Also, the amount of morons that call anyone better geared that them a "p2w" even if said person has put money or not.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, Iczel-KT said:

The playerbase dictate how the pvp is... the downfall of pvp was due to most folks being too focused on having the best gear in order to pvp. 
If more undergeared players are willing to go fight from each faction.. even if they are squishy... both sides will eventually have opponents that are on par with themselves that they can fight.
But then again... back in the days there was more incentives to want to pvp.

The game created too many PVE methods of creating PVP gear.  They need to bring back quests that requires pvp to get the newer pvp gear.

Just saying hi,
~Iczel

P.S. Never hurts to form a league or two to zerg opposing faction's towns xD

Lol, hi Iczel! I hope you remember me :P (xiiliea from Siel Asmo)

The problem now is that there is waaaaay to much P2W. The gear gap is massive between ungeared/slightly-geared and geared players. Even +15 all gears, +5 pure plume and bracelet is only considered half-geared. You need way too much farm/kinah to even get into a fair fight.

Also, before 4.0 you actually had to PvP to get PvP gear. Even mithril medal dailies were sort of PvP, but more importantly, sieges mattered since they gave out most of the medals.

Open World PVP with a zerg of elyos chasing you around is funny but not always fun.  No idea why they all want me dead, according to most the elyos I am worst SIN-NA.  I just play to have fun with friends, I don't rubbish talk anyone and the only thing that annoys me the most are the radar hackers.  I used to open world pvp for hours on end with friends but since this last patch it has turned into maybe an hour at most.

Contrary to popular belief I am not fully geared and just finally got off my lazy arse and lvl'ed to 75 two months ago.  All I can say is try to find some fun in this game anyway you can otherwise why are you here?

9 hours ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Lol, hi Iczel! I hope you remember me :P (xiiliea from Siel Asmo)

The problem now is that there is waaaaay to much P2W. The gear gap is massive between ungeared/slightly-geared and geared players. Even +15 all gears, +5 pure plume and bracelet is only considered half-geared. You need way too much farm/kinah to even get into a fair fight.

Also, before 4.0 you actually had to PvP to get PvP gear. Even mithril medal dailies were sort of PvP, but more importantly, sieges mattered since they gave out most of the medals.

@xiilieaxz-DN Hi Xiiliea, my memories fades since its been almost 3 years since I was in a proper siege (I think I've logged in once every 6 months just to do random zergs in the game for fun.)... but I remember you were a cleric!  I remember clerics because you guys always save my butt when I transform =)
You were in a legion named shugo something... I don't recall.

And yeah, people had informed me about how serious of a difference a geared player vs an avg geared player is.

Biggest problem I have, aside form the hackers, is that it takes two sets of very expensive/hard to get gear to enjoy both PvE and PvP. You ca't even begin to PvP until you have PvP gear, they give you a starter PvE set, why not a starter PvP set as well since we need both?

You can't do EC unless you're geared, you get kicked, or spend the whole time simply waiting out soul sickness. No reward, no help in getting geared. Decent PvP gear is too hard to get/costly for legions to stockpile for new 66 toons, or we'd do it like we do Apollon.

Then you get the gear and have to enchant it, breaking it over and over again, after you barely got it to begin with. Needs to be just get the gear, it's what it is, no enchants needed for anything, at least we'd all have a bit of a chance to gear up that way.

55 minutes ago, Azraeil-DN said:

Biggest problem I have, aside form the hackers, is that it takes two sets of very expensive/hard to get gear to enjoy both PvE and PvP. You ca't even begin to PvP until you have PvP gear, they give you a starter PvE set, why not a starter PvP set as well since we need both?

You can't do EC unless you're geared, you get kicked, or spend the whole time simply waiting out soul sickness. No reward, no help in getting geared. Decent PvP gear is too hard to get/costly for legions to stockpile for new 66 toons, or we'd do it like we do Apollon.

Then you get the gear and have to enchant it, breaking it over and over again, after you barely got it to begin with. Needs to be just get the gear, it's what it is, no enchants needed for anything, at least we'd all have a bit of a chance to gear up that way.

It's tough... if you enjoy the game... you gotta tough it out.  Make friends and focus on what you enjoy.... many months will past and you will have your gear that you've been working on and then you will be wrecking those players with crappier gear than yourself. =)

Try to make a static so that you have less down time.  But also don't isolate yourself to a small group so that you will always be able to run instances without too much wait time.  Try best to not say no when people need you for an instance... you will eventually need them back one day whether its for you or so that you can recommend people you know to each other.  Best way to gear up is to gear up as a group.  Gear up your friends and let them carry you is my motto xD

1 hour ago, Azraeil-DN said:

or spend the whole time simply waiting out soul sickness. No reward, no help in getting geared. Decent PvP gear is too hard to get/costly for legions to stockpile for new 66 toons, or we'd do it like we do Apollon.

You don't get SS in any pvp instance aside from dredge, and there you only get it if you neither have a mansion, admin boon or aren't resing at the start. Apart from that, people don't stockpile pvp gear because it's too weak for people to be rerolling and going up against ap80 sets with ap75/70 ones and because it's too cheap at this point (100m/box roughly since daeva dash event, back in may or something). Hell, even stockpiling apollon is just... 30~75m value... why.

Then you get the gear and have to enchant it, breaking it over and over again, after you barely got it to begin with.

It's been almost a year since you get 100% success rate until +15 with omega + greater mythic supplements and every single piece of gear that has that 100% success rate is tradeable unless soulbound, so you can farm afk luna daily + weekly for weeks and enchant full sets of gear for absolutely free. No excuse.

Needs to be just get the gear, it's what it is, no enchants needed for anything, at least we'd all have a bit of a chance to gear up that way.

leaving-now.gif

yes and we'd also need to remove 95% of the game's content so you can press 12345 only and win

5 hours ago, Iczel-KT said:

@xiilieaxz-DN Hi Xiiliea, my memories fades since its been almost 3 years since I was in a proper siege (I think I've logged in once every 6 months just to do random zergs in the game for fun.)... but I remember you were a cleric!  I remember clerics because you guys always save my butt when I transform =)
You were in a legion named shugo something... I don't recall.

And yeah, people had informed me about how serious of a difference a geared player vs an avg geared player is.

Yeah, it was Shugo Army, which was just a personal legion until I found a permanent one (I joined Incoming later).

I really enjoyed sieges led by you :P

I always found instance based content being the worst thing for open world PvP. In Aion there was no need to PvP in open world anymore since you had to much instanced based content to get through. EB/Kamar/Arena/OB/ID/siege and i am probably missing some. If you only played 1-5 hours per night that took up your entire time. In-between instance content you were alt hopping for events. 

The P2W and having to farm PvE for a week to get 2 Omegas needs to be fixed. If you want to enchant the gear, you don't have time for anything but instances, then you MIGHT if RNG is kind to you, get 1 Omega per day. Even if you have sups so, never fail, that's 135 Omega needed and, that isn't including essence cores at all. Doing those adds another 90 Omega if not one single thing ever fails.

The up side is that by now you've farmed and sold enough Apollon and other items to buy +10 manastones for one piece at least. Oh, buy you need manastones for 5 more pieces, so, 225 days to get one piece =15 full +10 manastones times six pieces at least is 1350 days or 3.7 years if you don't PAY REAL MONEY to get there. Something needs to change.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned to the game after a few years and I have to say, it’s kind of sad the state it’s in.  The first thing I did after leveling to 66 was go right into Norsvold to try open world (I’m elyos).  Now I’m a pretty geared low level (like +10 emissary) but obviously nothing compared to the crap that people nowadays have.  In Norsvold I basically only ran into bots, every now and then randomly getting ganked by 3 officers at once.  What pisses me off the most though is when you actually find a real person alone whose not absurdly over geared and they just run into the nearest base.  Even worse, I’ve seen 3star+ officers see me and run to find a base/their group.  Kind of funny cause I’m so undergeared in comparison and they’re unwilling to grow a pair and actually fight.  I mean even if you lose who cares?

People are so afraid to go out and die which makes open world pvp in itself really unfun.  Not to mention, there’s nobody to find that’s not right by the main base.

A lot of people say tiamaranta eye was the best open world patch but I really loved gelk/ingi pure solo rifting.  Too bad...

Archived