Truth about 6.0

17sED5E-KT

game went from pvp for pvp gear to pve for pvp gear.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. what was the patch you had the most fun on?

If you grinded to reach max level in a game that didn't require grinding, then sorry, you are the bane of MMOs. Aion always has had enough quests for you to quest all the way to max level. Even when I'm trying to do every quest in the game, I have to SUICIDE at Ardus Shrine because I get TOO MUCH EXP. Yes, I have to PvE twink because quests give too much exp.. But instead, some people just take the worst and most boring way of leveling by grinding. Then they complain and now NCSoft listens to players like you grinders.

Now the game is completely hollowed out and people who actually like to enjoy the leveling experience are sidelined. So what if you reach max level within days? Are you going to start PvPing right away and get owned? Start farming repeatedly? Is this farming simulator or an actual MMORPG?

This change mainly affects new players since veteran players won't be creating that many alts as Aion isn't an alt-friendly game in the first place. If NCSoft wants new players to spend money they have to get them invested in the game. Show them how amazing and well written the game is. Not show them a game with hardly any content at all, or scare them off because it's too late to get into the game.

If NCSoft is trying to attract players who prefer to get into the action right away, then they have made a huge mistake. Why would these players join a game that is an MMORPG in the first place? They're just alienating their playerbase for people who aren't even interested in the game in the first place.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Doesn't matter because you can always use Transparency transformation scrolls to hide your transformation. They are cheap, can be bought with 1 Gold Bar and it gives you 20 scrolls. Yes, this is a stupid system in the long run but it's also their source of income.

Gonna quote myself because I can see you don't read.

Tell me, how many people skip or don't skip cutscenes?

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Gonna quote myself because I can see you don't read.

Tell me, how many people skip or don't skip cutscenes?

You're just being delusional if you think everyone who plays the game doesn't care a bit about the story at all. Stories and side stories are what make an MMORPG interesting. If you want to attract players to your MMORPG you better make it like an MMORPG.

Just now, xiilieaxz-DN said:

You're just being delusional if you think everyone who plays the game doesn't care a bit about the story at all. Stories and side stories are what make an MMORPG interesting. If you want to attract players to your MMORPG you better make it like an MMORPG.

How well do you actually know the lore of the game? If you want a full based story gameplay, try GW2.

Times change, so do games and people. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

How well do you actually know the lore of the game? If you want a full based story gameplay, try GW2.

Way more than anyone does.

Y5HCenl.jpg

You can call me the Walking Quest Encyclopedia. Oh wait, you don't even know who the Walking Encyclopedia in Aion is (do you? Hint: Sanctum Library). I guess pun failed.

And yes, I already played all of Guild Wars 2 during my break from Aion, and guess what? It's doing better than Aion now.

Sure, times have changed, but that doesn't mean you forsake your original playerbase and attract a non-existent new playerbase. Guess why GW2 is doing better? It's because they are constantly adding new content instead of deleting content, and keeping their players happy. New players aren't left behind except for Living World Season 1 which was a huge mistake that they have realized.

Guess why Aion quarterly profits have fallen from 20 billion won+ to 10 billion won? What they are doing obviously isn't working.

19 minutes ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Way more than anyone does.

Y5HCenl.jpg

You can call me the Walking Quest Encyclopedia. Oh wait, you don't even know who the Walking Encyclopedia in Aion is (do you? Hint: Sanctum Library). I guess pun failed.

And yes, I already played all of Guild Wars 2 during my break from Aion, and guess what? It's doing better than Aion now.

Sure, times have changed, but that doesn't mean you forsake your original playerbase and attract a non-existent new playerbase. Guess why GW2 is doing better? It's because they are constantly adding new content instead of deleting content, and keeping their players happy. New players aren't left behind except for Living World Season 1 which was a huge mistake that they have realized.

Guess why Aion quarterly profits have fallen from 20 billion won+ to 10 billion won? What they are doing obviously isn't working.

ab9XaEj.png 

Doing quests =/= understanding lore.

Aion's lore is purposely vague and vast so we players can create theories and live in with what we have. You should take your prick "show off" attitude somewhere else. You've been crying on the forums for the past few days or weeks and literally no one cares. At this point, it's just an endless cycle or loop, a damn limbo I have to say.

GW2 is doing better because the game is only published by NCSOFT, but is developed by ArenaNet. I thought you knew? Aion is developed and modified by NCSOFT itself. So much for your vast knowledge outside the game. If you wish to challenge yourself on the game's lore, I suggest trying that with Bryos, I personally don't have the patience doing it with you specifically.

Also, keep your head out of economics. Explaining it why MMORPG genre or Aion itself is doing poorly is pointless. If you have seen the recent Q2 from NCSOFT, you'd see and understand GW2 has fallen behind as well. Oh gee, I wonder why. Either way, I'm done talking with you, it's just not worth my time.

20 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Doing quests =/= understanding lore.

Aion's lore is purposely vague and vast so we players can create theories and live in with what we have. You should take your prick "show off" attitude somewhere else. You've been crying on the forums for the past few days or weeks and literally no one cares. At this point, it's just an endless cycle or loop, a damn limbo I have to say.

GW2 is doing better because the game is only published by NCSOFT, but is developed by ArenaNet. I thought you knew? Aion is developed and modified by NCSOFT itself. So much for your vast knowledge outside the game. If you wish to challenge yourself on the game's lore, I suggest trying that with Bryos, I personally don't have the patience doing it with you specifically.

Also, keep your head out of economics. Explaining it why MMORPG genre or Aion itself is doing poorly is pointless. If you have seen the recent Q2 from NCSOFT, you'd see and understand GW2 has fallen behind as well. Oh gee, I wonder why. Either way, I'm done talking with you, it's just not worth my time.

Looks like I need an updated screenshot. And I haven't even played the character since 4.7.

L4EXaNz.jpg

Then you obviously aren't reading them. You're just doing them mindlessly and wondering why they are so boring. The quests are what bring life to Aion. They put together side stories which together create the full story of Aion.

And what? The game is doing better just because it is developed by ArenaNet? Is there a wizard in ArenaNet or what?

Economics aside, why don't you explain why we went from 4 servers to 2 servers too?

15 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

If you wish to challenge yourself on the game's lore, I suggest trying that with Bryos, I personally don't have the patience doing it with you specifically.

09.gif Oh, no, please. Dont involve in this...

But, anyway, if we are going to brag about completed quests...

63Btfbj.jpg

And now we come back to this. In 6.0 there will be only like 1000 quests or so left. How will people become as knowledgeable as Bryos anymore? They are just sidelining people who actually want to enjoy the full game. A lightweight game? More like a lightweight playerbase.

(PS: And now we know how popular quests are)

48 minutes ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

And now we come back to this. In 6.0 there will be only like 1000 quests or so left. How will people become as knowledgeable as Bryos anymore? They are just sidelining people who actually want to enjoy the full game. A lightweight game? More like a lightweight playerbase.

(PS: And now we know how popular quests are)

~200 quests from level 1-80. Its not about quest amount. 99% 2k18 game is about NOTHING except get max level and spend $, 0 lore etc  and people get tired from that rubbish. Yes its easy to get max level in those games but when you hit max level and constantly lose to every enemy then you just quit and move to next game, there is nothing to hold you. You didn't spent 12323512435h to get max level (learn mechanics) and gear up, so its easy try and quit mode ...............

As for AION all they should care is existing players (and how to bring them back) because they cant attract and HOLD enough NEW players.

P.S. Just noticed, every normal player should learn ways how to get around Lakrum while donators just spend some $ and port to any base .............  Also we will see if NCWest will leave permanent mounts from Luna or same as other regions give us 5-7 days ones at best.

3 hours ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Still think that candy's in 6.2 is great?

2886o9t.jpg

102kznk.jpg

Yes, the CocaCola bear fighting Orrisan or however you spell it - Yuck- cartoon, silly. That's my point, the only way to hide it and get buffs is CASH- this is a FREE TO PLAY game, something like that should be available for game gold or, as drops not, cash only. Polar bear, shugo, inguin, cat, whatever it is, it isn't the character the player made, why make any specific look if you never see the character you made? No point, lets just all have black or white silhouettes if we aren't transformed, less taxing on graphics, no need for gear appearances, clothing, hair, nothing. Makes as much sense as forcing us to be cartoon characters.

^

That's the single most depressing thing I've ever seen.

I'd sooner quit the game altogether than spend my day running around in a panda suit. Is spending real cash the only way to obtain gold bars and hide these ugly transformations? Because I'm not paying to see my own character fight mobs. That's absurd.

Wait, who said 5.x was the best era in the poll ?

come hither

12 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

This gold bar situation has turned into a monopoly. I just do not understand why players should be forced to play as a deformed stuffed animal, rather than the characters they created.

Its a way to force people to pay, without making them stronger.

Considering how much time people invest in stupid skins, i think they will think its fine to pay a few bucks to look ok. People already play as animals anyway in this patch.

5 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Played since launch.  Started on Lumiel - at the time the RP server and played in a RP Legion.   Every character I made, even after 9 years, I watch every cut scene and fully read every quest.  

6.0 sounds like garbage to me.   Feels like they are just putting out minimum effort for maximum requests for cash shop purchases. 

2 minutes ago, Channing-DN said:

Played since launch.  Started on Lumiel - at the time the RP server and played in a RP Legion.   Every character I made, even after 9 years, I watch every cut scene and fully read every quest.  

6.0 sounds like garbage to me.   Feels like they are just putting out minimum effort for maximum requests for cash shop purchases. 

K bye Felicia

Just now, 17s1333-KT said:

Another nyerking crybaby whining about the patch they haven't even played yet.

*eyeroll*

Just giving my opinion. Your the one crying and can’t handle someone not sharing yours.  

Since you have nothing of value to add to the discussion, I’ll be ignoring all future posts from you.  

Just now, Channing-DN said:

Just giving my opinion. Your the one crying and can’t handle someone not sharing yours.  

Since you have nothing of value to add to the discussion, I’ll be ignoring all future posts from you.  

lol okay. You do you boo boo. I gots more to add seeing as I've actually ya know, played the patch? :D

Archived