MERGE + NEW SERVER

iTunes-KT

@Cyan

I havent read on the forum about this.

But on twitch chats, discords and fb everyone is talking about this.

The other servers when they update to  6.2-6.0 they merge the old server into one, and  new server to everyone who quit could come back without having to fight the old and geared players.

But also the idea of making just 1 big server for old ones is great. Since there isnt alot players either DN or KT, but both TOGETHER it would be super alive and great for Aion itself. No one wants to join or come back to a dead server. I know its not easy to merge, took YEARS to ncsoft merge ours old servers. But since the game has less and less players each month, and 6.0 will bring alot of them back why not make it great?

Or try at least.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

The other servers when they update to  6.2-6.0 they merge the old server into one, and  new server to everyone who quit could come back without having to fight the old and geared players.

Uh, I think all old players should know by now what happened to Beritra.

4.9 is totally different from 6.2.

Mostly people who joined beritra was active players from others Server.

While 6.2 are players who prob stop at level 65 or 70. Who havent played in YEARS.

Also I also think having only 2 server:

- KT+DN

-New server to start fresh 

Why have 400 people each server, if you can have 800?

It make more attractive to players knowing there is actually 1 FULL SERVER than 2 + -.

At least thats the logic of merge, populate the server.

100% there is  less people playing right now than it was when server merge almost 1 year ago.

People still using beritra as evidence that new servers are bad... It totally wasn't because it was added during the worst period of Aion in existence. I'm pretty sure that server stopped a chunk of people from completely abandoning the game for good during those dark times. 

It doesn't even matter if the new server dies as the attempt to revive the game is more important than "inconveniencing" the existing player base. Without one, NA Aion just maintains its status quo of being a 10 year old game that is hostile to new/returning players just circling the drain until NCwest fires their last Aion staff member. Gameforge has 6.2 in less than 2 weeks and we don't even have an acknowledgement that 6.2 exists here. 

How about some numbers from KR? Guess which two servers were added with 6.0:

0qaByPI.jpg

@Cheesecake-DN hey you, it was only those people on the game i totally undertand. But see there is a few more than 4 i guess we can talk about. As I said, people think is a bad idea by ~it will slipt people, but the times are totally different from back then.

Also the new server are from players who wants to start from 0 because they stop on 4.7 etc.

And the merge its to keep at least the old server alive, and not slipt the few players we have right now.

Ofc it will all change with 6.2, but if others region think about that like KR and TW, why cant we? Are our server better than theirs so we have 100% sure its a bad idea? 

This is a tread to discuss and see everyone mind, I wish we could add the players who wants to come back to the game. Like i said i have reading the twitch chat and people are comment about this.

But no one says on the forum, so I think its time to bring this up.

35 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

Why have 400 people each server, if you can have 800?

It make more attractive to players knowing there is actually 1 FULL SERVER than 2 + -.

At least thats the logic of merge, populate the server.

100% there is  less people playing right now than it was when server merge almost 1 year ago.

Jeez, that logic. People, you should all listen to this guy right here. So amazing, better than Socrates and Plato together!

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

How about no? And it's been extensively hashed out why that's a terrible idea.

8 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Jeez, that logic. People, you should all listen to this guy right here. So amazing, better than Socrates and Plato together!

Here comes the 1k+ forum posters. Always full of sarcasm and devoid of actual arguments. I guess you can't boost your post count as easily by contributing in a useful manner :^)

You 1k+ forum posters only stated argument I've found is "muh Kahrun, muh Beritra". Completely oblivious to the dying game around you. One wonders if you post on the forums more than you play the game. Then again the activity of these forums speak volumes about the activity left in the game.

Server merges are inevitable for any game. To restrict the growth of an almost extinct game is incredibly short sighted when you consider the rare opportunity of a "game reset" patch like 6.x. There literally won't be another chance. NCsoft KR has completely transitioned to a highly microtransactional f2p model which puts this game in the true end-of-life stage. There's only so much juice left in this lemon. 

There's no more attractive gimmicks coming, no more reasons to even mention this game outside of Aion circles which are increasingly desolate. This is, to keep it dramatic, Aion's last stand and it sure would suck if what little hype there is gets negated by being 100% hostile to new/returning players.

13 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

i mean.. are you a casual or pve player? sounds like it... then ofc this sounds stupid to you.. for who actually do any pvp especially open world pvp, the most populated the better, so a merge would be great.
Dont worry tho.. this wont affect you in Oriel or inside your COE.

10 minutes ago, Okieant-KT said:

NCsoft KR has completely transitioned to a highly microtransactional f2p model which puts this game in the true end-of-life stage. There's only so much juice left in this lemon. 

An irony, since the game is dying because they put it in this "end-of-life stage" in the first place.

Yes, I think its a good idea to start a new one. 

But it will inevitably make players quit their servers and start on the new one. Im one person will DEFINITIVELY do this, and never look back.

But p2wers who are totally invested in their toons currently will not do that.

As far as the current servers, they are pretty much close to death already, thanks to this ridiculously bad patch. Theres not even 100 people doing panesterra. Siege is only pve siege. People dont even bother showing up if theres any oposition. Even for weekend siege theres like 150 Asmodians on KT. And all the afking because of this coalition stuff makes everything much worse.

Hey, thank you all for the opnion.

But yes, this is the exact feedback i was getting on the others place, everyone was looking fowards for a new start and not worry about the olds players with this exchange list.

Let them be on the old server together with people that gear up already + spend and the ones who need start from 0 with a choice at least. 

I think @Cyan should look into this and bring this up, before they update and get too busy with other stuff.

Archived