Forums

MERGE + NEW SERVER

iTunes-KT

We don't even have a new website to attract new people who wanna play on a server that website haven't updated since 2012 ?

The new server would be a server of reroll and gank and kill all newbies there.(Check history with Kahrun and Berita)
Before talking about a new server how about a new website first then we can talk next ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

We don't even have a new website to attract new people who wanna play on a server that website haven't updated since 2012 ?

The new server would be a server of reroll and gank and kill all newbies there.(Check history with Kahrun and Berita)
Before talking about a new server how about a new website first then we can talk next ?

...Who cares about a new website here at ncwest we have WORD OF MOUTH.

18 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Who cares about a website ?

IMHO, NCwest doesnt have the resources or the intent for a decent market strategy for 6.0.

Its up to US, yes, to US to be active in every social media out there to make the update known to attract people. Which means liking, sharing, making videos, highlighting the good things about the game.

And actually is partially up to us too, to create a good environment in game so people dont rage quit.

On the NC part what they should do is BAN hackers, and provide decent support.

6 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Who cares about a website ?

IMHO, NCwest doesnt have the resources or the intent for a decent market strategy for 6.0.

Its up to US, yes, to US to be active in every social media out there to make the update known to attract people. Which means liking, sharing, making videos, highlighting the good things about the game.

And actually is partially up to us too, to create a good environment in game so people dont rage quit.

On the NC part what they should do is BAN hackers, and provide decent support.

Oh I just know promoting their product it's up to us customers they don't have to even to create website.

Please tell Korea,Taiwan,China,Russia,EU of Aion take down their websites cause it's not their jobs :P
We paid for NCwest and now we have to work for them too lol :)

@Neleth-KT hey, i know what you mean, but dont you think the problem is that people dont even KNOW about  aion? Like marketing would be great, most people dont know Aion exist.

The least of their problem is an old website tbh, at least i had never see any new players complaining about it. 

90% of people who wants play next patch are who already KNOW about the game, and all the new players came for theirs friends. Aion is not a friendly, my opnion at least.

if thats so, Ncsoft should worry about the playes they already had, and the one who want to come back.

The new website dont affect them that much, as a new server would help alot.

Please tell Korea,Taiwan,China,Russia,EU of Aion take down their websites cause it's not their jobs

Im not interesting in those regions or whatever they do, because i dont play there. I didnt say to anyone to "take down websites", dont go full retard, but we know what to expect from NC because of past experiences. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Backstory:

I legit got told this was their marketing strategy on a broadcasted Q&A for MXM.

Yea i am in the discord you were telling tsova about it i think. I laughed pretty hard when i saw you type it.

8 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

@Neleth-KT hey, i know what you mean, but dont you think the problem is that people dont even KNOW about  aion? Like marketing would be great, most people dont know Aion exist.

The least of their problem is an old website tbh, at least i had never see any new players complaining about it. 

90% of people who wants play next patch are who already KNOW about the game, and all the new players came for theirs friends. Aion is not a friendly, my opnion at least.

if thats so, Ncsoft should worry about the playes they already had, and the one who want to come back.

The new website dont affect them that much, as a new server would help alot.

It's about being outdated  = doesn't care who wanna play a game if publisher doesn't even care about their website.

Anyway this got a little off topic.

I undertand how it looks by website and others stuff, but if the gameplay is fun people wont give a shit. On Black Desert, even on RedFox do some shit and act badly, there is always players defend them just because they really enjoy the game and thats all that matter, even with p2w or super overpriced stuffs.

Anyway

Since the next patch is more about OW, the merge would just amplify the pvp. More people, more competitiveness. Lets forget about Ranks (oh but i ll lose my general). Or oriel. Cuz those things are not attractive to players. 

Going a little off topic here, people normally test the game anyway, even they look shit or whatever. They want to try cuz mostly are bored of their old games and just want to chill. What will make they stay is if they like it or not. I see a lot players complain of how there is no recruit on lfg, nothing to newbies do. So maybe if there is ALOT people on the server they find it more fun.

The new server is just for those who have 0 gear right now and DONT wanna fight who farm 20+ gear and 7+ acc. They wanna start with everyone from 0.

And the merge would help on not making those server dye with a new server.

Its a win for everyone, but like I said put a side the rank-houses and think more about your pvp-pve content.

So you've concluded that a new server for new players right ?

But you also forgot the new server also a new hunting ground for veterans.
Look at PTS EU just 4 days and someone came to Cygnea to hunt Elyos already.

How long do you think new server going to last ?

A new server won't change anything unless new or old server has something that doesn't encourage veterans to reroll.

People keep trying to insist that a merge is what *everyone* wants, and that this time is unique and special- but so was very time a merge was used. Don't forget, this isn't the first or even second merge. 

We had numerous servers when we first started, then those started merging. Then we started a new server (Kahrun)..then another new server for another reason (Beritra)...then another merge,m followed by another.

So now some people are proposing ANOTHER merge plus another new server? Hello?  there were good reasons each time for a new server, and each time, it was like putting a band-aid on a stump- we just bled out players. It's ALWAYS a temporary fix, and at some point people get fed up with mergers and don't come back.

You're trying to make it easy for people who  didn't invest anything into this game, either because they're new or because they're returning players. That should be balanced with those people who have invested time and effort into the game. I would prefer that they got a special buff (even for a month) rather than get a new server - so that they got help in PVP and PVE.

The different about 4.9 and 3.0 is so simple, back then making a +15 gear and +5 acc was easy. People drop hundreds of dollars or hours of farming to get their +27 or +23 whatever gear. Also the acc +8 +10.

Yes yes the new gear will be for like 1 month or 2. But if you think peopel can easily start again vs those, you just naive or you actually look for it. Sorry, I do care about making a new server. Also whatever back time you talking, used to be 4 or 6 server. We literally have ONLY 2 server, and NA has people from all around the world. Not only NA area.

6.2 will bring new people? Hell ye.

But will they quit after a few weeks, thats up to the game and thats why I CARE of how the server will be.

Do you think people will let their gears, minion, acc, plumes, bracelets just to start on a new server for the fun? If you do, you haven't see how painful is this patch to gear up, because they all have a lot of effort to do it.

That's why I believe who will have their gear exchange will continue on the old server. And the return and new players will be on the new server. Its kinda simple.

The merge is an idea coming from others region, like I said before to keep all the old players togethers, like TW and KR did.

cya

14 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

The different about 4.9 and 3.0 is so simple, back then making a +15 gear and +5 acc was easy. People drop hundreds of dollars or hours of farming to get their +27 or +23 whatever gear. Also the acc +8 +10.

Yes yes the new gear will be for like 1 month or 2. But if you think peopel can easily start again vs those, you just naive or you actually look for it. Sorry, I do care about making a new server. Also whatever back time you talking, used to be 4 or 6 server. We literally have ONLY 2 server, and NA has people from all around the world. Not only NA area.

But will they quit after a few weeks, thats up to the game and thats why I CARE of how the server will be.

Do you think people will let their gears, minion, acc, plumes, bracelets just to start on a new server for the fun? If you do, you haven't see how painful is this patch to gear up, because they all have a lot of effort to do it.

That's why I believe who will have their gear exchange will continue on the old server. And the return and new players will be on the new server. Its kinda simple.

The merge is an idea coming from others region, like I said before to keep all the old players togethers, like TW and KR did.

cya

As much as we want to believe that 6.2 will bring 1000s of players to the game returning or new it will not. 100s maybe. I doubt even 500 people will return. They will come to the website and go ohh company still gives 0 shits and just NOPE straight out.

NA has people from all over the world because NA does not ban people for cheating/botting. I know that the Siel ex-governor got IP banned in EU. Got the IP banned revoked on his main account but his/and or hers 10 bot accounts remained banned. 

I want a new server as well because it will be the most enjoyment i would get out of 6.2 or w/e patch we will get but the fact of the matter is the majority of people i know who loved Aion at one point will not be returning if the company does not show they care. 

I think history already told you about will people gave up their old gears for hunting newbies in new server.

However I also told you I'm not totally closed up the new server idea I said I will support a new server if new or old server has something that doesn't encourage veterans to reroll.
But I can ensure you that if they do launch a new server with nothing change it will be a new hunting ground for veterans and leading to another server merge.

26 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

cya

Well, considering at the start of the game, when we had around a  DOZEN servers, a lot of players have quit this game.

When new servers have opened up in the past players rerolled for fun, however they still leave their mains, since some people want to try transforms, or they want a fresh start on a new class, or other reasons. As soon as they get tired of it- they go back to their mains. 

No matter what, this is a niche game, and an old game. Even 6.2 and 6.5 is falling back onto grind, P2W and RNG which isn't for a lot of people particularly in the West, as you just said it's painful to gear up - that's counter to what most people want.  Also, a lot of people are more interested in newer games, or games on other platforms- like consoles. So , I really doubt that Aion will get more than a very few real "new" players. 

The need in server merging & a new server is obvious, people in here stating all those "merging experience" is absolutely having no clue of what 6.0 actually is.

1. 6.0 is all about open world pvp, u even need to pvp at the BoS entrance. People earn BM from daily killing quest and weekly mobs quest, the only reason people want to go out is because of the equal starting point. As I know, there will be players in old server already having full red gears (armors+weap+accs) on the first day of 6.0/2 in NA. You cannot say it is unfair, since they actually spent money on the most broken patch ever. Imagine how long new players can survive facing these people? This is a Gold/Purple gear AT using the same skill to the Purple/Red gear AT.

image.jpg

So, an AT with "a little bit" undergeared hit another AT with full red/purple gears AT for 300, while that AT hit him for 5000 (not even Crit). And you are telling me new players can actually play in the old server? Yeah, enjoy getting rekt.

2. New server has become the main server in Korea and Taiwan after releasing EVEN NOW. As for Korea, the first server to have REFLY since January. And for NA , DN is having more people than KT. But still, it is just like how many people KT have during Tia eyes, can’t say it is “so alive”. Imagine 6.0 starts, people in old server having their own teams and legions, so they are not willing to play with new players which are obviously undergeared.

17 minutes ago, Suzy-KT said:

The need in server merging & a new server is obvious, people in here stating all those "merging experience" is absolutely having no clue of what 6.0 actually is.

1. 6.0 is all about open world pvp, u even need to pvp at the BoS entrance. People earn BM from daily killing quest and weekly mobs quest, the only reason people want to go out is because of the equal starting point. As I know, there will be players in old server already having full red gears (armors+weap+accs) on the first day of 6.0/2 in NA. You cannot say it is unfair, since they actually spent money on the most broken patch ever. Imagine how long new players can survive facing these people? This is a Gold/Purple gear AT using the same skill to the Purple/Red gear AT.

image.jpg

So, an AT with "a little bit" undergeared hit another AT with full red/purple gears AT for 300, while that AT hit him for 5000 (not even Crit). And you are telling me new players can actually play in the old server? Yeah, enjoy getting rekt.

2. New server has become the main server in Korea and Taiwan after releasing EVEN NOW. As for Korea, the first server to have REFLY since January. And for NA , DN is having more people than KT. But still, it is just like how many people KT have during Tia eyes, can’t say it is “so alive”. Imagine 6.0 starts, people in old server having their own teams and legions, so they are not willing to play with new players which are obviously undergeared.

OK I understand your point and I can imagined how red gears players camping BoS all day and nobody can get in.I see now why a new server is needed.

I don't think a merge will happen anytime soon, but I was saying for a while now that there could be a possibility for a new server, mainly because NA does what KR wants. Since Korea had 2 new servers open on 6.0 launch, EU is going to open 2 servers as well (one international and other german) so I wouldn't be surprised if NA opened a new one too lol.

What suzy said is exact what I wanted say and explain, thanks for the example of other region as well

@Kubei-DN yes, I did notice this update are bring new server and merge, I guess cuz of having too many people geared on the first day, this patch do need a new server.

I just wish @Cyan would talk to us about this, give us some light cuz we only know about the gear, no idea about new server, when it comes.

Sighs 

5 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I don't think a merge will happen anytime soon, but I was saying for a while now that there could be a possibility for a new server, mainly because NA does what KR wants. Since Korea had 2 new servers open on 6.0 launch, EU is going to open 2 servers as well (one international and other german) so I wouldn't be surprised if NA opened a new one too lol.

Mhmm, I agree. Although I hope it's just one, since 2 seem to be an overkill imo. Otherwise they might end up merging the new ones after a year or so. ;/

Archived