MERGE + NEW SERVER

iTunes-KT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please no. No and no. And I will try and explain my reasoning so I don't get the "OMG another 1k poster who just doesn't understand the plight of the little guy".

First, fresh servers haven't worked in Aion. What has happened (and will happen) is that old players will flood to the new server. For about a week and a half (less now.. since you max level faster in 6.x) everything will be fine and there will be a love fest. Everyone plays with everyone. It's lions and lambs cuddled up together. And then no-life happens. And pay2win happens. And egos happen. And it's the old server all over again. In a week or less. AND THEN.. the old players get bored and go back to their old characters on the old server but show up just enough to keep their ranks leaving the top ranks on the new server inactive but filled.

Second, 6.x is a new type of animal. From what has been foretold the new gear is head and shoulders above the old gear. Everyone is going to be switching over to the new gear quickly. Ofc old players who currently have the best gear will start with better gear, but there is no trading and selling of new gear. Meaning that very quickly anyone who is willing to spend spend spend is going to have that same gear. Rather than being a matter of "old players vs. new players" it is going to be "pay2win vs. f2p" in a way we have never seen. A new server isn't going to save you from those willing to open their wallets in a big way.

Word of a new server might bring people back to the game but it won't keep them there and will lead to another merge. Let's just skip that part and leave things as they are.

@Decapitator-DN hey yes, this is pretty much what people are asking on twitch chats and I undertand.

Anyway Aly, I ll copy past again cuz this is on the other page and I think you haven't read it.

Suzy kt  ****** The need in server merging & a new server is obvious, people in here stating all those "merging experience" is absolutely having no clue of what 6.0 actually is.

1. 6.0 is all about open world pvp, u even need to pvp at the BoS entrance. People earn BM from daily killing quest and weekly mobs quest, the only reason people want to go out is because of the equal starting point. As I know, there will be players in old server already having full red gears (armors+weap+accs) on the first day of 6.0/2 in NA. You cannot say it is unfair, since they actually spent money on the most broken patch ever. Imagine how long new players can survive facing these people? 

2. New server has become the main server in Korea and Taiwan after releasing EVEN NOW. As for Korea, the first server to have REFLY since January. And for NA , DN is having more people than KT. But still, it is just like how many people KT have during Tia eyes, can’t say it is “so alive”. Imagine 6.0 starts, people in old server having their own teams and legions, so they are not willing to play with new players which are obviously undergeared.

This is an example of how the New Server are working on this CURRENTLY patch. We all know what happen to beritra, but that's was 4.9. We don't want a new server because the game at 5.8 or whatever needs. Its because 6.2 requires it.

Kubei dn ******** I don't think a merge will happen anytime soon, but I was saying for a while now that there could be a possibility for a new server, mainly because NA does what KR wants. Since Korea had 2 new servers open on 6.0 launch, EU is going to open 2 servers as well (one international and other german) so I wouldn't be surprised if NA opened a new one too lol.

KR has the 6.0 since jan I think and TW since July.

2. New server has become the main server in Korea and Taiwan after releasing EVEN NOW. As for Korea, the first server to have REFLY since January. And for NA , DN is having more people than KT. But still, it is just like how many people KT have during Tia eyes, can’t say it is “so alive”. Imagine 6.0 starts, people in old server having their own teams and legions, so they are not willing to play with new players which are obviously undergeared. hey yes, this is pretty much what people are asking on twitch chats and I undertand.

The problem is not having new servers, the problem is that we know the outcome of these. Gameforge opened 3 servers for 5.8 if I remember right, to which all of them died off and were forced to merge. The game simply has not enough appeal these days to populate the servers heavily.

2 minutes ago, Decapitator-DN said:

I really don't care about why they (Fresh Start Servers) don't work long term, but as a new player perspective, I will only play if a new server is created.  Not interested in getting beat by GEAR instead of skill on 6.0 Day 1.

To put another spin on it, I really don't care about short term solutions, as someone's who's played since 2009-  someone who has no investment in the game could play and quit a day later- which is absolutely their right.

We've had multiple mergers, after a certain point enough is enough . You pretend all you want that it doesn't affect the existing servers- but it does. There are other solutions beside a merger. In addition you act like a merger is free- it isn't  and it isn't like this game has the resources (staff) to spare- it doesn't. When it was a subscription based game, things were different.

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

flat800x800075f.u2-1.jpg?fit=225,225

Well said.

13 hours ago, Decapitator-DN said:

As a new player, if I hear that NCSOFT is not making a fresh start server for such a huge update, I am not going to play this game anymore on the old servers who have people geared to the max.  I might as well go play EU for the Fresh Start.  I really hope NA decides to open fresh start servers.

I feel you so badly, sad to see old players dont give a shit about us.

It's not that we don't give a shit about you guys. It's just we know exactly what's going to happen because it's happened every time we've added a new server. Literally, at this point, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result each time.

I'm glad you all have this idealized notion that you won't be swiftly destroyed in 6.2 with a new server, but you will be. The top players will devastatingly outgear you in a matter of days, and you'll be back to square one, and we'll be in the same situation we've been in every other time this has happened. Kahrun was added right before f2p came out, and it died painfully. Beritra was added in response to the game going on Steam. It died quickly and painfully (arguing that it was 4.9 that killed it isn't wholly correct). Two servers were added at the very beginning of the game (LAUNCH), and they died swiftly and painfully. Even going f2p couldn't save Kahrun in the end. Launching 6.2 won't save the new server. Aion is not popular, no matter how much you seem to think it is or will be with the next patch.

Aion is nine years old in the West. They're not going to attract enough new players to justify it, and this is coming from a player who has zero gear in preparation for 6.2. I'm going to get ate as much as you are.

Merging isn't a kind process like you seem to think it is, and it isn't fair to the older players, who've stuck through this madness, to go through all the pains of another merge within a year just for you, when you'll just be in the same situation as the rest of us on the merged server within two weeks, and you probably won't even stick around anyway. Look at the EU PTS. There are already people with gear good enough to eat your face and spit on the remains, and it's not even been a week. The PTS doesn't have boosted rates, either, so don't try justifying it with that.

But I'm not worried. They're not adding a new server. For once, they're smarter than that. You and I are going to get ate equally, and maybe it'll suck, but it still won't suck as much as punishing the older playerbase just because you don't care about the people who've been here and seen exactly how this is going to go down.

If you can't handle there not being a new server, don't play, but stop trying to justify punishing the rest of us who have been here through this madness because you can't accept what history has shown us will happen.

6 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It's not that we don't give a shit about you guys. It's just we know exactly what's going to happen because it's happened every time we've added a new server. Literally, at this point, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result each time.

I'm glad you all have this idealized notion that you won't be swiftly destroyed in 6.2 with a new server, but you will be. The top players will devastatingly outgear you in a matter of days, and you'll be back to square one, and we'll be in the same situation we've been in every other time this has happened. Kahrun was added right before f2p came out, and it died painfully. Beritra was added in response to the game going on Steam. It died quickly and painfully (arguing that it was 4.9 that killed it isn't wholly correct). Two servers were added at the very beginning of the game (LAUNCH), and they died swiftly and painfully. Even going f2p couldn't save Kahrun in the end. Launching 6.2 won't save the new server. Aion is not popular, no matter how much you seem to think it is or will be with the next patch.

Aion is nine years old in the West. They're not going to attract enough new players to justify it, and this is coming from a player who has zero gear in preparation for 6.2. I'm going to get ate as much as you are.

Merging isn't a kind process like you seem to think it is, and it isn't fair to the older players, who've stuck through this madness, to go through all the pains of another merge within a year just for you, when you'll just be in the same situation as the rest of us on the merged server within two weeks, and you probably won't even stick around anyway. Look at the EU PTS. There are already people with gear good enough to eat your face and spit on the remains, and it's not even been a week. The PTS doesn't have boosted rates, either, so don't try justifying it with that.

But I'm not worried. They're not adding a new server. For once, they're smarter than that. You and I are going to get ate equally, and maybe it'll suck, but it still won't suck as much as punishing the older playerbase just because you don't care about the people who've been here and seen exactly how this is going to go down.

If you can't handle there not being a new server, don't play, but stop trying to justify punishing the rest of us who have been here through this madness because you can't accept what history has shown us will happen.

I quite understand them why they want a new server.I'm lv 78 in EU already and I got rolled by 3 people in gold gears while I was on my cleric.

There's no way to out run them if you ran one of them will mounted and waiting u ahead u will eventually die.
Yes it maybe true for first few months that all instances will be camped at the entrances and nobody can get in but people will bored and get over it.

Everything will eventually fix itself.However it's also true that new players will get bad impression from this and leave.I would say it's same as the new server cause they will get gank and stuff.Luklum is a bad place to designed to share map from begin if we got 2 maps that instance entrances for each faction.This problem wouldn't happened.

TLDR everything will fix itself within time.

22 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

An overused cliche is not an argument.

I'm glad you all have this idealized notion that you won't be swiftly destroyed in 6.2 with a new server, but you will be. The top players will devastatingly outgear you in a matter of days, and you'll be back to square one, and we'll be in the same situation we've been in every other time this has happened.

Incorrect. If you have played 6.x (ofc you haven't) you would know that pvp gear is time-gated to weekly camp quests and daily kill quests. 

Kahrun was added right before f2p came out, and it died painfully. Even going f2p couldn't save Kahrun in the end. Launching 6.2 won't save the new server. 

Again incorrect. Kahrun was added at the exact same time as the 3.0 patch release which made the game f2p. It thrived during 3.x and saw a net influx of transfers TO the server as it boasted a ton of pvp. It wasn't until 4.5 EB online when the entire NA population plummeted that it died off. This was because the players themselves chose to self-merge the servers by congregating on Siel. It's not Kahrun's fault NCsoft failed to maintain their 3.x population due to a series of increasingly bad patches. 

Merging isn't a kind process like you seem to think it is, and it isn't fair to the older players, who've stuck through this madness, to go through all the pains of another merge within a year just for you, when you'll just be in the same situation as the rest of us on the merged server within two weeks, and you probably won't even stick around anyway.

Shutting down the servers is slightly more harsh than a merge :)

Look at the EU PTS. There are already people with gear good enough to eat your face and spit on the remains, and it's not even been a week. The PTS doesn't have boosted rates, either, so don't try justifying it with that.

Again, incorrect. If you want to make an argument it helps to actually not be misinformed. Several privileged EU players were given early access to the PTS and free items to test and provide content to the player base at large. Wait.. that's just like how NA will be with welfare vets and new/returning users on the same server in NA. 

If they don't add a server it will be due to negligence not intelligence. Failure to act with 6.2 will just prove NA is in maintenance mode, only kept alive by their Korean hosts who have a population big enough to still justify creating content. The funny thing with that is KR itself is becoming a ghost town. When does a declining game start cutting its parasitic guests?

There’s various issues with opening new servers just as there’s issues in merging them. I play the PTS and I can tell you that players aren’t given free gear (from Gameforge). I know people already in legendary (purple) grade gear and it’s barely a week. Whether a new server opens or not, Lakrum map will be a Zerg fest 24/7 and that’s what’s gonna discourage people from playing. 

Try to think from their point of view:

1) keep the same server: current active players will play hard to upgrade their already good gear ASAP, maintaining the status quo. Meanwhile, some new player will come back to try the new patch; they will find soon the same old problems, feel undergeared and out of place/time, and then will quit again. The nostalgia effect won't last, because the game will be too different anyway. After few months, the game will have the same playerbase. NCW will gain money only from the current active players, and only on very important items that cannot be bought with kinah, since we will be able to use our kinah accumulated in years.

2) open a new server: everyone who considers himself a "good player" will create a new toon on it, and will start to farm night and day to get ASAP the best gear, hoping to increase his rank. Kinah can't be transfered, so they will be forced to pay $. Returning players (let's be honest, the game is too old and sickly, there won't be new players, just returning users) will have the illusion to be able to play at the same level for a while, and they may even buy something from the shop. But we will be all at the same level only for the very first month. Then, the more casual/slower players will realize that they won't make it to the top, and come back to the previous server. The playerbase will be spread in more servers, and the merge will be unavoidable. BUT... NCW will have gained more $, and the current players are too addicted by now that will keep playing even after another merge.

Which one would you choose if you were working at NCW? GF keeps creating and merging servers for a reason, it's not that they are stupid or insane. Gamers and addicted people are too predictable.

Quite frankly, if EU does open at least one server (international), then I will surely give it a try and play. Going to the old server would be useless for me because my toon has nothing of value and it’s overshadowed by those players who will be already op again, so starting anew wouldn’t be bad at all.

But the problem is not the server itself, it’s NCWest. They’re understaffed, NA is most neglected and there’s very little care put into here, we can see that on BnS forums where both Cyan and Hime are most active. WildStar will be shutting down soon, NA Aion will follow. They just know there’s no point anymore in putting more care in a game that’ll be dead soon. 

10 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Quite frankly, if EU does open at least one server (international), then I will surely give it a try and play. Going to the old server would be useless for me because my toon has nothing of value and it’s overshadowed by those players who will be already op again, so starting anew wouldn’t be bad at all.

But the problem is not the server itself, it’s NCWest. They’re understaffed, NA is most neglected and there’s very little care put into here, we can see that on BnS forums where both Cyan and Hime are most active. WildStar will be shutting down soon, NA Aion will follow. They just know there’s no point anymore in putting more care in a game that’ll be dead soon. 

Is it Ncwest or ncsoft? I was always told by people NCwest has no power and they are 100% owned and controlled by NCsoft. 

40 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Is it Ncwest or ncsoft? I was always told by people NCwest has no power and they are 100% owned and controlled by NCsoft. 

NCSOFT controls NCWEST since they’re a subsidiary, which in a way it’s great but also a terrible thing. It means if Korea says 10 people are enough, then West has to do as they say. They’re probably put under a lot of pressure and are heavily limited to what they can or cannot do, for that reason most GMs probably don’t know the game as well as we players do. NA version is most neglected because Korea thinks they know us better than West itself. 

If they ever made a fresh server I'd probably start over but I know none of my friends would lol. I'd love a fresh start server but honestly I agree that it wouldn't help. They should of made just 1 server to begin with instead of hackalam and diarrhea. When 6.0 or 6.2, whatever they go to should come out with a server. But honestly I should of took advantage of beritra server to farm items so that when that past merge happened I'd have double the stuff. Honestly one thing I hate the most of aion is the fact people play multiple servers, and do both factions. Then they pick who they want to play with and what not. I always had this feeling like only 100 people play the game cuz I always saw the same people. 

I haven't played in a year and I quit cuz the fact p2w did get a little to ridiculous imo, the patch I left on had absolutely nothing and the maps were horrid, and finally the hacking. So much proof of so many people and nothing ever done. But it's all good. I enjoyed the years I had on there. 

Why not everyone just boycott aion now and just wait for aion 2 so then y'all can really just start fresh.

Merging isn't a kind process like you seem to think it is, and it isn't fair to the older players, who've stuck through this madness, to go through all the pains of another merge within a year just for you, when you'll just be in the same situation as the rest of us on the merged server within two weeks, and you probably won't even stick around anyway.

Sry, but everything that is good for new players, is automaticly bad for old players, and the opposite is also true. A merge is painless to any new player anyway. To me when siel merged it didnt made any difference for me. Not that im actually seriously playing this game in the state it is right now.

It's not that we don't give a shit about you guys.

err, it kinda is, considering your entirely argument is revolved about it. New players wont care if the server is merged around the corner. One way or the other they will be better off this way. You even go to the extreme to tell a dude to not play and capitalize it. Really ?

Anyway... 

Its not happening.

The current low population doesnt warrant adding a new server barely a year after 2 servers were liquidated due to low pop concerns in the first place. Highly unlikely 6.0 will bring the kind of population increase that would warrant such action either. Therefore, there is no fiscally sound reason why NCWest would add a new server. Especially considering how little profit NA Aion is producing in comparison to the other regions.

Really is this simple. Dunno why this is so hard to understand. A handful of forum users stomping their feet, holding their breath and threatening to take their ball and go home unless they get their way changes nothing.

Just gotta accept and deal, or move on. We dont always get what we want.

Archived