MERGE + NEW SERVER

iTunes-KT

24 minutes ago, Morrigan-KT said:

The current low population doesnt warrant adding a new server barely a year after 2 servers were liquidated due to low pop concerns in the first place. Highly unlikely 6.0 will bring the kind of population increase that would warrant such action either. Therefore, there is no fiscally sound reason why NCWest would add a new server. Especially considering how little profit NA Aion is producing in comparison to the other regions.

The difference is that it's not NCWest deciding on adding the server, it's NCKorea.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind you, I'm not defending a new server nor do I want one, but...

34 minutes ago, Morrigan-KT said:

Therefore, there is no fiscally sound reason why NCWest would add a new server.

You lost me there.

Lest you forget, NC has a history of making myopic decisions solely for profit, and opening a new server is absolutely something they'd consider even if it meant a decreased population in the long run.

Just using Beritra as an example, it was clear to a majority of the community that opening it would result in a population hit to remaining servers, but in the short term, it was a massive boon to NC in that it got people to spend in order to attain server "firsts." The whales that were no longer spending on their home servers were suddenly incentivized to spend again on BR because it allowed them faster access to things they otherwise could not have gotten in a short period of time (e.g.: NCoin trading or selling cash shop items for kinah, XP and Instance boosts, leveling through Luna, Major Felicitious Socketing, Luna Dice for gear, etc.). It's an easy way to double-dip and exploit the big spenders.

Additional servers cost money sure, but compared to how much they could potentially rake in from whales, it's a no brainer for them. And you better believe NC is dumb enough to do that. 

28 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Mind you, I'm not defending a new server nor do I want one, but...

You lost me there.

Lest you forget, NC has a history of making myopic decisions solely for profit, and opening a new server is absolutely something they'd consider even if it meant a decreased population in the long run.

Just using Beritra as an example, it was clear to a majority of the community that opening it would result in a population hit to remaining servers, but in the short term, it was a massive boon to NC in that it got people to spend in order to attain server "firsts." The whales that were no longer spending on their home servers were suddenly incentivized to spend again on BR because it allowed them faster access to things they otherwise could not have gotten in a short period of time (e.g.: NCoin trading or selling cash shop items for kinah, XP and Instance boosts, leveling through Luna, Major Felicitious Socketing, Luna Dice for gear, etc.). It's an easy way to double-dip and exploit the big spenders.

Additional servers cost money sure, but compared to how much they could potentially rake in from whales, it's a no brainer for them. And you better believe NC is dumb enough to do that. 

As much as I wish I could, I simply can't refute anything you've said. Nor can I deny that NCSofts propensity for making utterly asinine decisions is absolute and indisputable.

Probably would be best to categorize my post as, wishful thinking on my part.

One would hope they'd learn by now. But alas...

5 hours ago, LilHotii-KT said:

Real question, 6.0 is there away to have no soul sickness with an estate or still need mansion/estate?

Pay and it will be given to you:

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/3758-General-Feedback-Thread-Aion-A-New-Dawn-6-0-Beta/?postID=69676#post69676

Apparently it will be possible to buy instant ress stones with luna. Full HP and it works in PvP too. Enjoy it.

1 hour ago, KallSu-KT said:

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/3758-General-Feedback-Thread-Aion-A-New-Dawn-6-0-Beta/?postID=69676#post69676

Apparently it will be possible to buy instant ress stones with luna. Full HP and it works in PvP too. Enjoy it.

This is nothing new because it's something first introduced back in 6.0 but with Quna instead. See my post here under "Character" → https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1388-60-info/?page=17&tab=comments#comment-14397

I will make a thread of various things I found in EU PTS to raise concerns regarding specific systems. 

8 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

i didn't check this in depth but from what i have seen in some Korean vids each consecutive time you ress using Quna the price to pay gets higher

Goodness. This isn't an "us vs. them" thing. What everyone wants.. new and old players.. is a healthy game. The fact is a new server isn't going to give us that. History will repeat itself and though there will be a short term boost to the player base for the new patch, that new server will 100% have to be merged within a few months. And again using the past as a predictor of the future, that merge will be -years- in the making and you will either have to pay to get off that dead server or sit quietly waiting for NCSoft to get around to doing it.

I can't recall who first brought up the under-staffing problems at NCWest which has led to the neglect of Aion, but that is the umbrella under which all decisions need to be looked at. Unless NCWest does what we have been begging them to do for years and years.. which is to at least have -one- staff member dedicated -only- to Aion.. this game will continue to decline due to neglect. Plain and simple. New content. New servers. New events. Free stuff. Nothing will save it. 

And that should make all of us incredibly sad.

In KR new sever worked out because they had many OLD servers. From old servers some people moved to new one to try it out but after some time most of them went back to old servers. Here after new server open wont be enough players on either new or old servers because in reality in NA should be 1 server (and even then it will be half populated)..

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I can't recall who first brought up the under-staffing problems at NCWest which has led to the neglect of Aion, but that is the umbrella under which all decisions need to be looked at. Unless NCWest does what we have been begging them to do for years and years.. which is to at least have -one- staff member dedicated -only- to Aion.. this game will continue to decline due to neglect. Plain and simple. New content. New servers. New events. Free stuff. Nothing will save it. 

And that should make all of us incredibly sad.

I remember on the old forums I often mentioned how badly NCWest is understaffed, and it is very, very much sad to see a game with strong potential just decline to its death. All games have their dedicated staff, but us? Saying Cyan, Hime or Gideon are "dedicated" is laughable, they're dedicated to BnS, but that's about it. Aion NA is the dirt swept under the rug in hopes no one notices the pile of neglect that's going on.

Cyan and Hime are community managers. It isn't their job to make sure Aion gets what it needs. It isn't their job to make sure BnS gets what it needs. Someone else does that. They communicate. That's it. They communicate more for BnS than they do for Aion because someone is actually working to better BnS. They have little to say to us because no one on the NCWest cares about Aion. Aion is an afterthought. "Oh.. right. We need someone to look over the Aion update. Anyone have time for that after they finish all their work on their -real- game?"

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Cyan and Hime are community managers. It isn't their job to make sure Aion gets what it needs. It isn't their job to make sure BnS gets what it needs. Someone else does that. They communicate. That's it. They communicate more for BnS than they do for Aion because someone is actually working to better BnS. They have little to say to us because no one on the NCWest cares about Aion. Aion is an afterthought. "Oh.. right. We need someone to look over the Aion update. Anyone have time for that after they finish all their work on their -real- game?"

Sad and true.

f3Gr1Ac.png

33 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

What if Hime is actually the secret villain behind all this? Maplestory went P2W, then she nyerked out of it. Aion went P2W, now she nyerks out to BnS, which went P2W as well. Every game she touches goes P2W.

#conspiracytheories

On 9/13/2018 at 5:04 AM, Kubei-DN said:

This is nothing new because it's something first introduced back in 6.0 but with Quna instead. See my post here under "Character" → https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1388-60-info/?page=17&tab=comments#comment-14397

I will make a thread of various things I found in EU PTS to raise concerns regarding specific systems. 

It's new to me, because I only would play NA servers. So too me even though it's a Korean game and they get it first, same with EU, I consider them all beta testing because NA is all that matters. Plus, na isn't even 6.0 yet right?

5 minutes ago, LilHotii-KT said:

It's new to me, because I only would play NA servers. So too me even though it's a Korean game and they get it first, same with EU, I consider them all beta testing because NA is all that matters. Plus, na isn't even 6.0 yet right?

Sure, but that's why there was a 6.0 thread to inform everyone of the different changes, whether you play other regions or not. Korean players are the guinea pigs for patches lol.

58 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Sure, but that's why there was a 6.0 thread to inform everyone of the different changes, whether you play other regions or not. Korean players are the guinea pigs for patches lol.

I prefer to wait for patches to come out and figure it out. I don't like cheat sheets! But that's just how I liked to play. I'd love to give the game a chance again but I just can't. The whole thing about removing scrolls and running speed from boots like makes me sad. Like yea I hear there are transforms but it doesn't sound fun. Reminds me when I started to play bless. I was so upset on how slow moving my too and my mounts were, so I always just did the auto run to quest spot or person while I asked.

17 minutes ago, LilHotii-KT said:

The whole thing about removing scrolls and running speed from boots like makes me sad. Like yea I hear there are transforms but it doesn't sound fun.

I had the same concerns, but it's honestly not horrible in level 75+. Low levels? Yeah, the run/atk/cast speed is nearly unbearable and you mount up anytime you need to go anywhere. But once you start getting the ancient (or higher) transforms, it feels about the same as current Aion. It's no different than run/atk/cast speed scrolls except that if you're used to using hour scrolls, this will be an adjustment because they only last 10 minutes. But no one uses hour scrolls in pvp, so it would only be an adjustment for pve-only people.

57 minutes ago, LilHotii-KT said:

I prefer to wait for patches to come out and figure it out. I don't like cheat sheets! But that's just how I liked to play. I'd love to give the game a chance again but I just can't. The whole thing about removing scrolls and running speed from boots like makes me sad. Like yea I hear there are transforms but it doesn't sound fun. Reminds me when I started to play bless. I was so upset on how slow moving my too and my mounts were, so I always just did the auto run to quest spot or person while I asked.

well reading the 6.0 thread or just checking the information by yourself in AionPowerBook should avoid of you having this kind of missconceptions about the game

Even the most crappy transfromations have 30% movement speed

Transformation_Contracts

Apart from the contracts system you have the transformation Potions a common drop available from open world also with 30% speed

Potions

PvP Boots with Mov speed

궁극의 데바 투사 가죽 신발 Exchange Red Gear Fixed  16% 

궁극의 빛나는 에로트 가죽 신발  Craft Red Gear Fixed 19%

궁극의 불타는 광염 가죽 전투화 Purified Red Gear  Random 13-22%  u can reroll the stats with kinah

전설의 불타는 광염 가죽 신발 Purified Purple Gear Fixed 14%

Archived