Jump to content
Gwin-DN

My opnion about the Past, present and future of AION.

Recommended Posts

Gwin-DN   
31 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Desculpe, mas você está sendo estereótipo sobre maduro.

Ser maduro não tem nada a ver com estilos ou peles.
Ser maduro é sobre você é razoável falar com? Você tem um plano ? Você assume responsabilidade?

Não é sobre eu estar maduro, não posso assistir congelados, história de brinquedo, vingadores Eu preciso assistir a filmes sombrios filmes sérios. Essa é a visão infantil de ser adulta.

Desculpe se isso fez você se sentir ofendido Eu só mostro a você o que é ser maduro.

I say mature with focus on age. I am not talking about a conception of values. I speak of you being economically active and independent.

An 8-year-old is not independent. A child does not work, even if he is mature for his age. So a child does not have the money to invest in their game. A person who works can spend his money on entertainment without him needing to ask for the father or the mother.

I hope you have understood now, if not... I am so sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

All those cosmetic changes mean nothing when the game’s lore itself is becoming darker each patch. EU is calling it a “new dawn”, which makes no sense since half of Atreia is being blown away by Ereshkigal and you even see people and shugos die in the trailer. It’s like cataclysm 2.0.

The problem is that Aion is trying to stay relevant to present time, back in the day on its launch people were used to play WoW or even Ultima Online, I think even Tera was out already. Aion was still subscription based in Korea for many years but truth in simple is that NCSoft made awful decisions regarding its heavy p2w content and that’s what made it lose players. It’s a shame that these days there isn’t a mmorpg that’s sub based and doesn’t have a cash shop within it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 11:22 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I still love cute and things that help ease some of the pain of adulthood. I love serious fantasy, too. Aion has gone crazy with the cute department, but that's what the target audience wants, and it's still not something to get bent over.

I'm the same in this department. Those lil dog eared thingys with squirrel tails really melt my heart with their cuteness. Ecols (or something spelled like that they are called) I have one on every character both Asmo and Elyos (Asmodians are my fav, I have 6 of them and 2 Elyos on the 2 NA servers).

I myself am a mature adult player who has been playing Aion since it was released. I can play for many hours each day because I am disabled due to my surviving a serious accident some years back. And like so many others here in these forums have pointed out, Aion's story has taken so many hits the original story no longer exists. I've played both Koreas 6x, and Eu's beta 6x, and cried during both for the loss of my favorite game. It's Aion only in name now, and this is so prevalent in 6x it practically slaps you in the face. In fact, I found 6x to be more like a collection of very short stories each ending with each quest each so lacking in content I ended up just clicking through after reading one or two sentences because what is there couldn't hold my attention. Even Munn's story and background is no longer interesting.

And also like I've saw someone else point out, Aion should be focusing on keeping its current player base instead of driving us away by butchering the game so much in favor of the hope for new players which will never flock to a 10 year old game in the first place.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to tell you because it's not changing. We're getting 6.2, probably next month, soonest 10/3 but I think 10/10 or 10/17 is more likely, and the only thing you can do about it is wish for the game to die before we receive it. We know what's in Korea's 6.5 patch, and it doesn't change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

I don't know what to tell you because it's not changing. We're getting 6.2, probably next month, soonest 10/3 but I think 10/10 or 10/17 is more likely, and the only thing you can do about it is wish for the game to die before we receive it. We know what's in Korea's 6.5 patch, and it doesn't change anything.

Private servers here I come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

There you go! A solution that doesn't punish everyone else! One we've been telling you to take for the last several weeks!

I'm just not a PVPer. Those that love PVP will no doubt not have much of a problem with 6x as most PVP ppl don't care much for storyline anyways. As far as the Flying goes there's always my other game where you can sprout wings and fly everywhere anytime so I'll still have that anyways.

It's weird I love MMO's but hate PVP. I crave a story I can immerse myself in for the day, and Most MMO's have that kind of story I can do that with. And there are times I group up with friends for PVE instances.

Oh and as for Flying PVP, a Y axis is second nature to me. Those times I've been ganked while just leisurely flying around the Abyss I've always come out on top, even at lower levels than the 3 or 4 that ganked me, lol. But most ppl that play Aion do not have my RL experience as a pilot so in a way, that is understandable.

So I guess for those like me a Private server will be the only way we can still experience the game and story we love.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I'm just not a PVPer. Those that love PVP will no doubt not have much of a problem with 6x as most PVP ppl don't care much for storyline anyways. As far as the Flying goes there's always my other game where you can sprout wings and fly everywhere anytime so I'll still have that anyways.

It's weird I love MMO's but hate PVP. I crave a story I can immerse myself in for the day, and Most MMO's have that kind of story I can do that with. And there are times I group up with friends for PVE instances.

Oh and as for Flying PVP, a Y axis is second nature to me. Those times I've been ganked while just leisurely flying around the Abyss I've always come out on top, even at lower levels than the 3 or 4 that ganked me, lol. But most ppl that play Aion do not have my RL experience as a pilot so in a way, that is understandable.

So I guess for those like me a Private server will be the only way we can still experience the game and story we love.

 

I'm a PvE player who tries to complete as much quests as possible, even PvP ones. So in fact, quests are what make me play and PvP. If they're taking out almost all the PvE quests, there's no incentive left for me to stay in the game anymore. I'm not going to play the game for only PvP quests.

Though when I say I'm not a PvP player, I mean small scale PvP like 1v1 or 5v5. I LOVE large scale PvP like sieges. But sieges are just a shadow of their former selves since they removed almost all the sieges in the game and left us with the most boring ones.

Edited by xiilieaxz-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
21 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I'm just not a PVPer. Those that love PVP will no doubt not have much of a problem with 6x as most PVP ppl don't care much for storyline anyways. As far as the Flying goes there's always my other game where you can sprout wings and fly everywhere anytime so I'll still have that anyways.

It's weird I love MMO's but hate PVP. I crave a story I can immerse myself in for the day, and Most MMO's have that kind of story I can do that with. And there are times I group up with friends for PVE instances.

Oh and as for Flying PVP, a Y axis is second nature to me. Those times I've been ganked while just leisurely flying around the Abyss I've always come out on top, even at lower levels than the 3 or 4 that ganked me, lol. But most ppl that play Aion do not have my RL experience as a pilot so in a way, that is understandable.

So I guess for those like me a Private server will be the only way we can still experience the game and story we love.

 

It isn't weird to love mmorpg's and hate PvP. What is weird is to demand that a game change to suit your likes and dislikes.

I am not sure that there is a pirated server that removes PvP from Aion. It's just too much of an integral part of the game design. Unless you mean you want to pirate the game yourself and then play around in your own world with your friends. That's doable, I suppose, if you have the expertise to do it.

A better suggestion might be to find a game that allows you to play in an MMO setting with a fun story and is designed to make PvP totally optional. I would suggest BnS or GW2. Both have rich stories and optional PvP. FFXIV I believe is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 11:59 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

IIt's weird I love MMO's but hate PVP.

That's nothing weird. MMOs are one of the only few types of games where you can play PvE in a multiplayer environment (the other being co-op games). There have been many MMORPG designed mainly for PvE.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

It isn't weird to love mmorpg's and hate PvP. What is weird is to demand that a game change to suit your likes and dislikes.

I am not sure that there is a pirated server that removes PvP from Aion. It's just too much of an integral part of the game design. Unless you mean you want to pirate the game yourself and then play around in your own world with your friends. That's doable, I suppose, if you have the expertise to do it.

A better suggestion might be to find a game that allows you to play in an MMO setting with a fun story and is designed to make PvP totally optional. I would suggest BnS or GW2. Both have rich stories and optional PvP. FFXIV I believe is the same.

Aion was designed as a PvPvE game, and that's the integral part of the game design. 50% PvP, 50% PvE. But now they are changing it to PvPvE, 90% PvP and 10% PvE. That's what it means by changing the game to suit your taste. NCSoft is catering fully to PvP players and completely ditching PvE players, forgetting that PvE players also spend money on their gears, and also that some of them enjoy PvP as well, and doing so removes 50% of their fun.

Edited by xiilieaxz-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
39 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You mean like launch Aion?

 

Or even better, 2.0, 4.0, and 5.0?

This.

Aion always weighted PvP heavier than PvE. Let's not forget rifting at low levels. Of course the devs hadn't anticipated the bottom-feeding mentality of the twinks and spent the next few -years- discouraging that sort of game play until they finally tossed in the towel and made the Fast Track server. By original game design, however, you were -meant- to start PvPing when you took your first rift quest. You were meant to start PvPing the moment you completed your Abyss entry quests. You were also meant to PvE and run dungeons and craft and gather, but PvP has always been more heavily weighted than anything else in Aion.

Edited by Aly-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You mean like launch Aion?

 

Or even better, 2.0, 4.0, and 5.0?

 

45 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

This.

Aion always weighted PvP heavier than PvE. Let's not forget rifting at low levels. Of course the devs hadn't anticipated the bottom-feeding mentality of the twinks and spent the next few -years- discouraging that sort of game play until they finally tossed in the towel and made the Fast Track server. By original game design, however, you were -meant- to start PvPing when you took your first rift quest. You were meant to start PvPing the moment you completed your Abyss entry quests. You were also meant to PvE and run dungeons and craft and gather, but PvP has always been more heavily weighted than anything else in Aion.

The amount of quests in Aion is just insane though. You have so much PvE content and side content to do. Real PvP MMOs hardly have anything outside the main story or even dungeons. That's why I said it's a 50-50 split. Sure, a lot of the PvE takes place in open world, but that's why it's a PvPvE game. While doing PvE quests, you have to watch out for PvP, and while doing PvP, you have to take care not to aggro PvE mobs or guards.

Edited by xiilieaxz-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Launch and 2.0 had very few quests.

VERY few.

I did some research using an outdated wiki: http://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Eltnen_(Aion_Quest_Series)

It was last updated in 2010, before 2.0, and it sure looks like the number of quests we have now. In fact, I used this wiki during 3.5 and most of it still matched up with all the quests available in each region.

Edit: I forgot about our official "game guide" here. Even that shows how many quests we had back before 2.0.

Edited by xiilieaxz-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahaha, I did all those, too. Didn't level me very much, and I spent 85% of the time trying not to die because the game has always been heavily PvP focused.

Hell, it was so bad at the beginning of 2.0 that they had to make it a bannable offense to be in the "first zone" of Ing/Gelk because you couldn't leave the main fort without insta-death.

It's always been PvP heavy, except for 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

The days of trying to do "Killing for Castor" and getting mowed down every 2 to 3 minutes by an army of twinks rolling over the sand dunes. Those were the days!

And yes.. at launch you had to actually grind -mobs- to level enough to get the next quests hub's quests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really hated the 5.0 because of my char's mouth that makes her look so dumb (she wears a mask now meh).. but i really love Norsvold and it's insane that they will remove it.

I miss the real differences if the races because nowadays both look the same. I miss my claws...why didn't they make us to choose if to show or to hide instead to remove them?

I've tried the 6.2 and im really speechless. So many changes,so many items and maps will be removed and those insane walls in Pandemonium.  BUT WHY.

Im playing on a private server that has the 4.7,the best patch for me with so much content.

I'm really disappointed of what the game became. It's more like an anime with all those tiny,shining chars and that unbearable emote.

After the 5.0 was there,many old players left like a domino effect and i really doubt they  will come back definitely.

I want the real old hard Aion back :(

Edited by Alaska-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Hahahaha, I did all those, too. Didn't level me very much, and I spent 85% of the time trying not to die because the game has always been heavily PvP focused.

Hell, it was so bad at the beginning of 2.0 that they had to make it a bannable offense to be in the "first zone" of Ing/Gelk because you couldn't leave the main fort without insta-death.

It's always been PvP heavy, except for 3.0.

 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

The days of trying to do "Killing for Castor" and getting mowed down every 2 to 3 minutes by an army of twinks rolling over the sand dunes. Those were the days!

And yes.. at launch you had to actually grind -mobs- to level enough to get the next quests hub's quests.

Sounds like 4.0 launch, which I was a part of. You just have to get good with your awareness in Ninja Quester Online. PvP is just an added challenge for playing PvE in a PvPvE game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You mean like launch Aion?

 

Or even better, 2.0, 4.0, and 5.0?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×