A message from CEO

Neleth-KT

At NCSOFT we are dedicated to enriching our players' lives, and the world itself, with engaging and fun gaming experiences. In Asia, NCSOFT is already known as one of the top gaming and online companies in the region – our goal, over these next few years, is to establish and deserve the same reputation here in the West.

Our focus will remain on our players and on creating high-quality, fun, persistent, online gaming experiences for them to enjoy across a variety of platforms and in a variety of ways.

We are also heavily focused on our teams and people, on creating an environment where everyone can be excited to work each day and where we can push boundaries and innovate.  

Looking ahead, I’m optimistic about the impact games will have outside of the virtual world. Today, games engage users and teach concepts in ways that no other medium can parallel. I believe this will accelerate as we continue to see improvements in technology and delivery methods across existing gaming platforms and new areas such as virtual reality and artificial intelligence, areas in which we as a company are pioneering research and dedicating study.

The future of the gaming industry, NCSOFT, and NCSOFT West looks very bright and I’m excited about the coming months and years, as we explore new technologies, platforms and ideas.

Songyee Yoon

NCSOFT West, Chief Executive Officer

The job offer is in Aliso Viejo in California. If you check twitter for both Lineage 2 and Aion ops, it says they’re located in Aliso Viejo, although Aion itself says Orange County. It’s either something for Lineage 2 or Blade and Soul, BUT!

I just noticed that Aion NA has gotten its own twitter for ops, see: https://twitter.com/AionOps

Could this mean something? Or am I getting my hopes up too soon for nothing? Probably the latter. Aion feels like a lost cause in NA. Dream big, my friends.

... yea... that's what happens when you're bored and tired of waiting for 6.0... so you decide to browse websites that haven't been updated in years!

I'm pretty sure that in Sep 2018 there are no more than 3 people working on Aion, Lineage and WildStar (combined)... so now each of them has their own twitter, to post when the maintenance (that doesn't bring anything new) is ready xD

Amazing... GG.. 

Also if the korean NCSoft keeps failing with attempts like MxM... they soon won't be able to sustain even their existing games... Their Last successful title (BnS?) was released what? 6-7 years ago... 

Even MMO as a genre hasn't seen anything successful in the past 2-3 years...  

I'm telling you... that one company, that manages to fulfill players expectations with a new MMO title, will make a buttload of money... I only hope it's asian... because... "Asians Do it Better" ™

1 minute ago, Nymphala-DN said:

... yea... that's what happens when you're bored and tired of waiting for 6.0... so you decide to browse websites that haven't been updated in years!

I'm pretty sure that in Sep 2018 there are no more than 3 people working on Aion, Lineage and WildStar (combined)... so now each of them has their own twitter, to post when the maintenance (that doesn't bring anything new) is ready xD

Amazing... GG.. 

Also if the korean NCSoft keeps failing with attempts like MxM... they soon won't be able to sustain even their existing games... Their Last successful title (BnS?) was released what? 6-7 years ago... 

I'm telling you... that one company, that manages to fulfill players expectations with a new MMO title, will make a buttload of money... I only hope it's asian... because... "Asians Do it Better" ™

Wildstar is closing in the next few weeks. xD 

3 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

Amazing... GG.. 

Wildstar is going to be shut down soon, Carbine Studios was liquidated. It's not about "Asians do it better" because Blizzard and Grinding Gear Games have made great online games, the main issue is that gaming in Korea works like a sport, and there's much bigger competition there than here in the West. ArenaNet is an American dev team and although a subsidiary of NCSOFT, it shows that games can be done good, if you're not greedy. Besides, Lineage 1 and 2 are like NC's babies, along with BnS. MxM failed because it was overshadowed by its titans, League of Legends and Dota 2 (aside of other mobas anyway).

Aion won't shut down so fast because it's spread across different regions (China, Taiwan, Japan, Russia, etc) but Wildstar was only based in US. If Aion has to shut down, NA will be first due to negligence than anything else.

I found this topic enlightening. The comments are true. I imagine that in Eastern countries fighting games are more successful than others. If you think about games, you will understand wyh the Street Fighter is a game of fight. The Japanese and Koreans like games, anime and cartoon about fights. Think of Pokemon, Naruto, Dragon Ball and so on. Perhaps for this reason the AION moved away from its origin. Today, the game focuses not on the theme but on the fights and the arenas.

15 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

The MMO genre is seeing great success. Your just using the wrong electronic device to see the success. Use a mobile phone and you will see great success in the mmo genre. They are making a buttload of money. 

Archived