Forums

Kubei's guide for 6.2 (and other things)

Kubei-DN

I thought I'd make a small guide for the next upcoming patch because there still seem to remain various misconceptions and misunderstanding what's coming. The next patch is approx. a month away. I'll share my personal opinion at the end (and please, let's stay civil and respectful)

ONTO THE GUIDE!

There's a couple of things to do on a daily/weekly basis.

• Do your Luna instances, because NCWest will modify the drops and items obtainable in it.
  • Run instances. Cradle of Eternity is 3-man and it feels like a boss rush mode, you can practically solo it if you get a slightly better gear. 
  • Both CoE and Mirash drop a better version of Ancient grade gear, in which you use it to get better gear at Frozen Monolith and so on.
  • Loot everything, sell everything. The gears you get as drop in instances are both skins and can be sold to NPC for kinah. Some of them can give up to 2-3m kinah (FM) and around 900k from Mirash/Coe.
  • The availability of Stigmas in 6.2 is just as bad as in 5.1 when inert stigmas were removed. Farm them now. Mirash sometimes drops a bundle and it's still a random for your class.
  • Stigmas can be obtained from an NPC near the entrance to Crucible Spire (still random).
  • Do the Lakrum camps and quests near the Fortress. They're easy and fast, and you get a specific item that you use to buy better PvP gear, which then you also use to purify to the next grade.
  • Doing PvP instances gives you PvP stuff. PvE instances give PvE stuff.
  • If you have Aetherforging maxed or at a certain level, you can farm mats in the open world to craft your other PvE or PvP gear. They're second best in game as of 6.2.

Things to remember

• This patch will not be for everyone. It has a lot of pros and cons. Because games are mostly subjective, I suggest you try it yourself and then decide whether it's worth your time or not.
  • If you have Kinah stored in your warehouse or legion warehouse, move it to your mains. Otherwise, that thing goes poof forever.
  • All of your transformations are account shared
  • Lakrum is a zerg fest 24/7 but I found it fun nonetheless.
  • Crucible Spire is different. Instead of getting rewards every floor, you get a Coin you use to buy stuff from an NPC. The more floors you do, the more coins you get.
  • Luna Daily is a bit bugged (as on EU PTS), if you're above level 75+, you might not get the drop from the fatty for your quest. You still get the bundle depending on your rank.
  • You cannot level past 55 unless you do campaign. As a matter of fact, you can twink if you wish. Beshmundir Temple is a daily entry and resets everyday. It drops Legendary grade gear, however it's only PvE. See: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Legendary_Beshmundir_Set
  • Beshmundir's Temple can be accessed both via Silentera Canyon and Cygnea/Enshar.
  • There's still rifts appearing between Inggison/Gelkmaros and Cygnea/Enshar.
  • Just like on level 55, you can't level past 75 unless you do campaign. 
  • Because you have a gift box on level 75, it gifts you a beginner's PvP set. Yes, that's right, you can use it and PvP with rifting if you're into that.
  • It is true that melee classes have slow attack speed, but that's redeemed a bit in later levels. Weapons can be retuned to have attack speed too.
  • People say assassin is nerfed in 6.2, but if you know your class, it's still good. (Besides, they're getting buffed in 6.5)

Let's talk about Aion EU PTS (Public Test Server) of 6.2. Unfortunately I won't be able to keep playing it mainly due to IRL stuff and SFT taking all my time, however, I thought I'd make few points here and there, regarding the differences between EU and KR. Just heads up, this is my experience so far.

• Transformation contracts in their cash shop are 2x or 3x more expensive compared to Korea's.
  • EU seems to have nerfed the Shugo that drops Daevanion Skill Books in instances. People said it rarely appears, and if it does, it does not drop anything. In Korea, 8/10 times, the Shugo appears and drops something.
  • EU's chances to get a better grade in transformation contracts is much lower. Out of around 200-300 contracts, I got a couple of greens and only 1 single Ancient grade (yellow). Legendary grades (purple) are near impossible.
  • In Korea at the beginning of their patch, you could get around 3-5 free transformation contracts from their Quna shop and a couple of those normal transformation scrolls (that allow you to transform into those things). This lasted for a around 2-3 weeks I suppose as a welcoming gift.
  • EU has nerfed the Gift Box you receive from an NPC in Sanctum/Pandaemonium. In Korea, you could receive a 24 hour Plastic Surgery Ticket, but I received none of that on EU (along with other things). Still not sure whether this was a bug or intentional.
  • The Quna shop in Korea has a huge variety of skins and other goodies, EU's shop none of that (but I suppose because it's PTS). At any rate, Quna is Korea-exclusive and I doubt we will get it here.
  • In EU, just like in Korea, you can re-tune your items with kinah for random stats.
  • However, EU has also "Selective re-identification" in which you use Luna to apply higher stats to your gear. I haven't really seen this in Korea.

eA1qs2d.png

• In EU, you will receive 40 Luna for free for each time you activate a Gold Pack, which seems reasonable enough, but this is just another pit to sink your money in.

Now for pros/cons and things I like or dislike about this patch.
  • I don't like the fact your class is limited from certain gear. For example, as Chain user, you still could wear leather or cloth as of 5.8. This was great for skins and such, but that is removed (for all classes) and chain users are forced to use chain, plates to plates and so on.
  • I personally don't like the transformations, and I hope NCWest considers giving a lot of transparency scrolls for that matter. In Korea they don't care because their toons are chibi and they find it cute all the time. Character look/skins > transformations for me all the way.
  • I hate that they removed the older maps and so many quests. Exploration is a great thing and always a fun challenge. 
  • Just because leveling is very fast, doesn't mean it's better. Sometimes you don't feel any satisfaction for completing something hard, in fact, everything feels waaay too easy, at least to my tastes.
  • It seems NCSOFT is trying to copy TERA or Black Desert Online in a way, everything is happening at the end-game and that's the main focus as for now. You're just rushing through the instances and quests like crazy. Feels like the main focus of 6.x is just PvP.
  • Sieges are late, and I'm guessing they'll stay similar in NA, which is highly unfortunate. I wish NCWest would adjust it better for all the folks who live in EU/SEA.
  • As I said before, games are mostly subjective, and same goes for Aion. Not many will like it and I know many will leave it. I personally enjoyed it just as I did back in January in Aion Korea.
  • I said it before and many times, and I'll say it again. Unless NCWest pulls itself together, no patch will save NA version. We need a dedicated team just for Aion otherwise 6.2 will fail.

This is it for now, I'll edit my post once I remind myself of other things that I forgot about. Cheers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

This goes for weapons as well. Clerics can no longer use staves, just as Templars can't use Greatswords anymore. I hope NCWest removes this specific restriction somehow, at least just for the skins you get as drop.

Do you know if that includes pre-6.2 weapons? Because I'm about to have an angry husband (and me) if templar can't use greatswords period after how much we dropped into getting him this specific greatsword skin. ._.

38 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Kinda too late for that. 55 twink is completely dead because they gave overpowered free gears to everyone. I know because I spent over 10 hours queuing Arena of Discipline and got not a single pop =\

Useful for PvE twinking, I guess, but with all the quests gone I'm guessing quest completionists like me will be gone as well.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Do you know if that includes pre-6.2 weapons? Because I'm about to have an angry husband (and me) if templar can't use greatswords period after how much we dropped into getting him this specific greatsword skin. ._.

It applies for all classes. Templars can't use greatswords the same way Gladiators can't use dual swords, only polearms. Chanter's can't use mace and shield and Clerics can't use staves.

1 minute ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Kinda too late for that. 55 twink is completely dead because they gave overpowered free gears to everyone. I know because I spent over 10 hours queuing Arena of Discipline and got not a single pop =\

I'm not sure if they're planning to do something with that still. Korea used to have a Master Server that was limited to level 55 but it was merged with Live server when 6.0 hit.

How can you once in game find out which version of Aion your playing? I downloaded the 6.2 beta (which took unbelievably long considering my 300 plus mbps  internet and 8 core gamer) and upon playing it to me nothing at all feels that different. Granted, I'm so far only at level 16 but........

I just want to make sure nothing glitched and that I am playing the correct version. I thank you in advance for your replies.

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Not trying to sound dumb, but does that mean no one can use greatsword? o-o

Korea, wtf.

Actually, let me correct that. I think Templars still can use Greatswords, because you can craft them in Aetherforging. (Gonna correct my original post)

19 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

How can you once in game find out which version of Aion your playing? I downloaded the 6.2 beta (which took unbelievably long considering my 300 plus mbps  internet and 8 core gamer) and upon playing it to me nothing at all feels that different. Granted, I'm so far only at level 16 but........

I just want to make sure nothing glitched and that I am playing the correct version. I thank you in advance for your replies.

If you teleported directly from Poeta to Heiron or from Ishalgen to Beluslan, then you're playing the 6.2 version. Maps like Verteron/Eltnen and Altgard/Morheim are removed.

15 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If they still can, I will love you long time.

I asked on PTS, can confirm Templars can still use GS.

Welp, checked PTS again to be sure, turns out Clerics can use staves after all, just very late on level. I don't recall getting this skill either lol.

36 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

It applies for all classes. Templars can't use greatswords the same way Gladiators can't use dual swords, only polearms. Chanter's can't use mace and shield and Clerics can't use staves.

I'm not sure if they're planning to do something with that still. Korea used to have a Master Server that was limited to level 55 but it was merged with Live server when 6.0 hit.

What? No dual swords for Gladiators? My Gladiator uses both these and the polearm as the main weapons. Here\s my list:

1. No more abyss, and many other removed maps and story...

2. Your ability to fly is no longer important and limited to only tiny areas around a few major cities....

3. Favorite weapons for both Gladiators/Templars, and Clerics can no longer be used rendering a lot of money spent on skins, etc. for these weapons waisted....

4. The gear limitations, ie: plates now have to use plate and only plate, same with chains, leather, cloth, and so on. This really limits your creativity when it comes to your characters outfits forcing you to spend real money in the cash shop to  obtain an outfit you can put up with (Lets face it, most of the outfits dropped or earned by doing quests are awful. And for we Asmodians, with many cash shop outfits we lose our manes, the last remaining distinction which makes us unique-I won't use cash shop outfits for this reason), so getting your character to look how you want him/her to will now be near impossible....

5. Leveling that feels stale as if Aion's story is no longer important....

6. No more exploration (There's no maps left to explore with the exception of the one new one which you will  automatically see upon doing quests while leveling)....

7. Main focus of New 6x being PVP as if those of us that Love Aion for the story no longer matter....

8. Wings in 6x now only good for some of the stats they give you, as Flying is no longer important. It's just something your character can do as part of being a Daeva....

...........And these points are just off the top of my head without taking the time and attention to detail the OP has obviously put into their very good list of pro's and con's above which I very much thank them for.

.....Just what is it we have to look forward to in 6x? I apologize for asking this but I see alot of negative and not a lot of positive here.

2 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

What? No dual swords for Gladiators? My Gladiator uses both these and the polearm as the main weapons. Here\s my list:

I think I was wrong on that, but I haven't really seen a lot of Gladiators with dual swords. Overall I think I was wrong with the weapons area, but gears are limited.

.....Just what is it we have to look forward to in 6x? I apologize for asking this but I see alot of negative and not a lot of positive here.

I guess most of the positive things come from different areas, like enchanting and PvP. Feels like NCSOFT had to scrap 5.x really fast and try something new for a change if they didn't want the game to be shut down, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Who knows, maybe 7.0 or 8.0 will be better? lol

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

I think I was wrong on that, but I haven't really seen a lot of Gladiators with dual swords. Overall I think I was wrong with the weapons area, but gears are limited.

I guess most of the positive things come from different areas, like enchanting and PvP. Feels like NCSOFT had to scrap 5.x really fast and try something new for a change if they didn't want the game to be shut down, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Who knows, maybe 7.0 or 8.0 will be better? lol

I still thank you for the list you've obviously put a lot of time and attention to detail with. It is helpful in most areas covered.

Can we please keep the Q_Q about 6.X in another thread?

30 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

If you teleported directly from Poeta to Heiron or from Ishalgen to Beluslan, then you're playing the 6.2 version. Maps like Verteron/Eltnen and Altgard/Morheim are removed.

I asked on PTS, can confirm Templars can still use GS.

Welp, checked PTS again to be sure, turns out Clerics can use staves after all, just very late on level. I don't recall getting this skill either lol.

Yeah, I just bumrushed a templar to level 10. SO MUCH RELIEF.

2 minutes ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Can NCSoft just sell this franchise to a good developer like Bethesda or Valve already? Or just make it ArenaNet's second title, since they know how to make a game too.

I'm not sure something this drastic needs to take place. However, it is obvious Aion needs to get back to it's roots and what made the game awesome in the first place. After playing now both the Korea and EU 6x I only see a horrible Hack Job with very little remaining of what Aion once was.

Sure they needed to add new things and freshen things up also streamline the leveling process a bit. But this feels more like Dauntless and a few other games I can think of where the sole focus is combat and PVP with what is left of Aion's story left in as just an afterthought.

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

So chanters can't use mace/shield? My chanter is level 76, and I still hadn't gotten a mace/shield so I was starting to wonder.

I guess I'll move all of my mace/shield skins over to my cleric before we get the patch then. I'm so sad. :(

If you re-read some posts, you'll see I was wrong lol. When it comes to weapons it seems unchanged, and I know I was wrong on that since I went to double check.

It's pretty easy to check those out actually.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Templar_Skills_List templar passives: can use sword, mace, shield, greatsword.
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Gladiator_Skills_List glad passives: can use dagger, sword, mace, shield, polearm, greatsword, bow + dual wield at lvl 20
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Cleric_Skills_List cleric passives: use mace, shield, staff
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Chanter_Skills_List chanter passives: use mace, shield, staff

Only difference is that clerics can't afford (but can equip) to use staves because enchanting staves doesn't give any extra magical damage, unlike how it does currently. Also, clerics can just use their defensive sets (or weapons) to dps because enchanting every item gives both pvp/pve dmg and pvp/pve defense.

11 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

It's pretty easy to check those out actually.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Templar_Skills_List templar passives: can use sword, mace, shield, greatsword.
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Gladiator_Skills_List glad passives: can use dagger, sword, mace, shield, polearm, greatsword, bow + dual wield at lvl 20
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Cleric_Skills_List cleric passives: use mace, shield, staff
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Chanter_Skills_List chanter passives: use mace, shield, staff

Only difference is that clerics can't afford (but can equip) to use staves because enchanting staves doesn't give any extra magical damage, unlike how it does currently. Also, clerics can just use their defensive sets (or weapons) to dps because enchanting every item gives both pvp/pve dmg and pvp/pve defense.

I think they purposely did that, wouldn't be surprised if that were only for skin purposes.

A few things on my experience on the EU 6.2 PTS related to your original post:

-Korea has the "Selective re-identification" aswell, it just costs Quna instead of Luna.
-As for the daevanion skill shugo, i haven't spammed instances that much but from the ones i've done, the shugo was actually showing up quite frequently and i can't remember a single time where he didn't drop a daevanion skill box. Again, keep in mind that my experience regarding instances was pretty limited, i mostly did CoE's where the shugo always drops a box with the same daevanion skill for your class (as in, if you already got that skill, just pass on the roll because it will not give you anything new nor money as it cannot be sold - it npc's for 19k kinah)
-Don't know if they nerfed contracts or not, but i got 2 ancients out of less than 100. I think i ended up opening a total of 130 or so (counting today's contracts) and did not get any more ancients past those that i got at around the 80-90 mark.
-I noticed the lack of skins in the shop, which is actually pretty weird considering EU used to have a ton of skins in their shop compared to NA. Hope they change that, i'm a skin nyerk afterall.

5 minutes ago, Chocha-DN said:

A few things on my experience on the EU 6.2 PTS related to your original post:

-Korea has the "Selective re-identification" aswell, it just costs Quna instead of Luna.
-As for the daevanion skill shugo, i haven't spammed instances that much but from the ones i've done, the shugo was actually showing up quite frequently and i can't remember a single time where he didn't drop a daevanion skill box. Again, keep in mind that my experience regarding instances was pretty limited, i mostly did CoE's where the shugo always drops a box with the same daevanion skill for your class (as in, if you already got that skill, just pass on the roll because it will not give you anything new nor money as it cannot be sold - it npc's for 19k kinah)
-Don't know if they nerfed contracts or not, but i got 2 ancients out of less than 100. I think i ended up opening a total of 130 or so (counting today's contracts) and did not get any more ancients past those that i got at around the 80-90 mark.
-I noticed the lack of skins in the shop, which is actually pretty weird considering EU used to have a ton of skins in their shop compared to NA. Hope they change that, i'm a skin nyerk afterall.

Great input. I was spamming instances and I haven't seen the Shugo a single time. Bad luck? I checked today my KR account about the selective re-identification and I couldn't come to activate it.

Either way, even if we get that selective identification, in Korea you can get Quna from quests and EU gives 40 Luna per GP activated. Not sure how it's gonna be here on NA.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Great input. I was spamming instances and I haven't seen the Shugo a single time. Bad luck? I checked today my KR account about the selective re-identification and I couldn't come to activate it.

Either way, even if we get that selective identification, in Korea you can get Quna from quests and EU gives 40 Luna per GP activated. Not sure how it's gonna be here on NA.

G3t4kj1.jpg

Took this from Jalnu's stream (http://afreecatv.com/optima1641). Granted this is 6.5 (stream from 2 days ago) but it was there before that patch, i only got it from here because it was the last place that i remembered seeing it and my memory's kinda bad+been watching a ton of KR stuff the past month or so.

As for instances, if you've been spamming them then you've surely got a better sample than me. I've really only been doing CoE's and i guess it'd make sense for the shugo to spawn there more often as it is always the same skill and it's kind of the "introduction daevanion skill". Entered Frozen Monolith twice, shugo was there once, i don't know if he had a box or not because i had just entered to see how duoable it was up until boss in yellow gear so i didn't get to the boss. Not sure though, but i believe you are more correct than me.

1 minute ago, Chocha-DN said:

G3t4kj1.jpg

Took this from Jalnu's stream (http://afreecatv.com/optima1641). Granted this is 6.5 (stream from 2 days ago) but it was there before that patch, i only got it from here because it was the last place that i remembered seeing it and my memory's kinda bad+been watching a ton of KR stuff the past month or so.

As for instances, if you've been spamming them then you've surely got a better sample than me. I've really only been doing CoE's and i guess it'd make sense for the shugo to spawn there more often as it is always the same skill and it's kind of the "introduction daevanion skill". Entered Frozen Monolith twice, shugo was there once, i don't know if he had a box or not because i had just entered to see how duoable it was up until boss in yellow gear so i didn't get to the boss. Not sure though, but i believe you are more correct than me.

When I tried to find the selective identification on my KR account, it wasn't there, I wonder if it's because I used ancient grade? The guy in the video has Ultimate, but I don't think that's much of a difference. Rest assured, if it's there, it'll be here too. Not sure if I'll fancy this though, it might become a strong p2w feature.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

When I tried to find the selective identification on my KR account, it wasn't there, I wonder if it's because I used ancient grade? The guy in the video has Ultimate, but I don't think that's much of a difference. Rest assured, if it's there, it'll be here too. Not sure if I'll fancy this though, it might become a strong p2w feature.

Ohhh, yeah that's the reason. You can't use that on ancient grade gear and i believe not in legendary either. Only remembered that now that you said it xD. But yeah it's definitely a p2w feature. But hey, at least it's only on the max gear and EU did find a way to soft-fix this with the 40 Luna on every gold pack activation. Don't know what NA will do about it though, if anything.

Archived