Forums

So what is the changes on 6.0?

1s33C4DE-KT

1 minute ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Oh boy you are settting yourself for such a disappointment. I never really cared about any lore/quest stuff but the way they deleted all the work they did before caught my attention, everything is pretty much the same except that

~90% of the cutscenes went puff and the dialog (lol) is just "you proceed with the conversation" for all the quests.

The new quest experience is a carbon copy of the norsv/iluma camps.

Danganronpa_V3_Bonus_Mode_Angie_Yonaga_S

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Oh boy you are settting yourself for such a disappointment. I never really cared about any lore/quest stuff but the way they deleted all the work they did before caught my attention, everything is pretty much the same except that

~90% of the cutscenes went puff and the dialog (lol) is just "you proceed with the conversation" for all the quests.

The new quest experience is a carbon copy of the norsv/iluma camps.

And I thought it couldn't get worse with Iluma/Norsvold camps. They're seriously the most boring quests I've ever seen other than Kaldor and Levinshor.

Hmm. Playing through the Elyos quests now and enjoying them! I don't see the "aaaaaaaaaaaa.. kill things.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. kill things". It's been, "What is this glowy green stuff? Are the Lepharists using it somehow? Holy Moly! What are the Lepharists doing?!" That's what the old storyline was, just quicker and more streamlined. Running about and clicking on the NPCs that I remember from the past, even though they don't have quest markers just to see that they have to say. Their dialogs are amusing.

17 is just being a Negative Nancy.

@Aly-DN You're exchanging opinions with a guy who thinks that being a longtime player = you produce sensible arguments (and can conveniently ignore any valid counter-arguments you don't agree with), and who resumed posting here days after he announced leaving for this godly 3.0 private server he found. Oh right, I should say the "real Aion".

Just letting you know.

4 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

@Aly-DN You're exchanging opinions with a guy who thinks that being a longtime player = you produce sensible arguments (and can conveniently ignore any valid counter-arguments you don't agree with), and who resumed posting here days after he announced leaving for this godly 3.0 private server he found. Oh right, I should say the "real Aion".

Just letting you know.

Duh, private servers are always there. The "official" server is going to shit soon, so might as well play the last remaining days of it.

11 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

Just letting you know.

He thinks 3.5 is also an old school player who knows what Aion is and was and disregards any argument to the contrary from pre-f2p players who know what Aion was and what it was marketed as and how it's changed multiple times over the last nine years...

Oh, and 3.5 had slow leveling.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

He thinks 3.5 is also an old school player who knows what Aion is and was and disregards any argument to the contrary from pre-f2p players who know what Aion was and what it was marketed as and how it's changed multiple times over the last nine years...

Why do you hate on 3.x so much? Is it because you can't grief in open world by killing players who have no interest in PvP? Only griefers say 3.x is not a PvP patch. You did have the Eye where you can get real PVP against willing and geared opponents.

I also played 4.0 which would be closer to the original game, so I do know what open world PvPvE is like.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:21 AM, Aly-DN said:

WEIRD THINGS. Guestblooms are gone. You can still get the quest for the items to feed them. You can still buy things with guest petals. But you can't buy the guest blooms at all. Weird, right?

Whaaaaat???? So the only way new toons (the ones created after 6.0 hits) earn guest petals, is by feeding already installed blooms? What happens when all of the existing blooms are full? Should I be hoarding guestblooms right now?! O.o

21 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Whaaaaat???? So the only way new toons (the ones created after 6.0 hits) earn guest petals, is by feeding already installed blooms? What happens when all of the existing blooms are full? Should I be hoarding guestblooms right now?! O.o

Looks that way.

43 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

You can help fertilize my 4 seasonal wingfeather guestblooms which require 3600 fertilizers each :P

9 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Hmm. Playing through the Elyos quests now and enjoying them! I don't see the "aaaaaaaaaaaa.. kill things.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. kill things". It's been, "What is this glowy green stuff? Are the Lepharists using it somehow? Holy Moly! What are the Lepharists doing?!" That's what the old storyline was, just quicker and more streamlined. Running about and clicking on the NPCs that I remember from the past, even though they don't have quest markers just to see that they have to say. Their dialogs are amusing.

17 is just being a Negative Nancy.

After levelling loads of new/returning toons in the past, I think that the new levelling is the best thing they did in the patch. I just thought they'd bother to change/add some significant things instead of giving us the same old stuff but cut short.

7 minutes ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

After levelling loads of new/returning toons in the past, I think that the new levelling is the best thing they did in the patch. I just thought they'd bother to change/add some significant things instead of giving us the same old stuff but cut short.

Why?

If you look at most people's concerns about the storyline they are worried that the story will deviate too far from the original. There are changes, but they aren't too far from the original and the changes they did make are positive.

That being said.. just played through Herion and I really liked it. The area rework is much better than Belu's. 

On 21/09/2018 at 9:38 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

11 zones get nuked. The Abyss is removed. Leveling is streamlined, and 1-80 can be done in <12 hours or so. There is only three types of gear left (ancient, legendary, ultimate), stats are changed, your old gear is invalidated, kinah is character bound and player to player direct trades are gone; you have to use the broker now, not everything is tradable (though supposed the good crafted armor is tradable). Scrolls have been replaced by "transforms," unlocked transforms are usable accountwide, there is transparency contract things you can use that make your transform invisible. You can only use your main-type of armor on your characters (templar/glad can only wear plate, etc). The original crafting professions are gone. Aether gathering is gone. Essencetapping still exists, even though I never found anything to gather when I played the PTS (so I wonder if that's sticking around for 7.0 stuff). There is one new endgame zone, and it's shared like KataDan were shared. There are two fort sieges left: Divine and the new Lakrum siege. Some instances get removed and others get reworked. THERE IS A LOT MORE THAN ALL THAT, TOO.

It'll probably be released here in NA in October.

So I won't be able to use cloth skins on my cleric anymore? Sigh. What about staves? I heard clerics can only use mace and shield now, is that correct?

On 21/09/2018 at 11:09 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

you can still use direct trade player to player and send items via mail too, the thing you can't trade is Kinah.  You can use kinah for trades only at Broker now.

here is a pick from my old toon in GF server.

qjeWG8o.jpg

Thats good to know, I was worried about the stuff I have stored on alts (mainly skins lol).

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Why?

If you look at most people's concerns about the storyline they are worried that the story will deviate too far from the original. There are changes, but they aren't too far from the original and the changes they did make are positive.

That being said.. just played through Herion and I really liked it. The area rework is much better than Belu's. 

Well good for you then if you like it. But to me it will always be "That's not what really happened."

And some experiences cannot be properly "summarized".

Eg. Lepharists. You met them in Verteron/Altgard, then in Eltnen/Morheim, Heiron/Beluslan. You keep meeting them so many times; who are these people? And now you only meet these bunch of weirdos twice in Heiron/Beluslan. There is no buildup anymore. Especially what you mentioned: Lephar. When I first played Aion, I was so curious about who this guy Lephar was. And the plot twist that he was Israphel was such an amazing feeling that is now completely gone from the game.

Eg2. Reian. You learn so much about them in Sarpan and Tiamaranta. You work with them and Kahrun for so long, that you get first-hand insight into their culture and people. Now they will just be some random extra faction you just work with for a little while.

And of course, some awesome side stories are now lost. Eg. Belbua and his adventures. The apprentice teleporter at Eltnen Fortress. Thersites and his romance. I only played though Asmo once so I can't remember but I'm sure there were awesome side stories on the Asmo side as well.

2 hours ago, Letizi-DN said:

So I won't be able to use cloth skins on my cleric anymore? Sigh. What about staves? I heard clerics can only use mace and shield now, is that correct?

On 2018-09-17 at 2:29 PM, Capa-KT said:

It's pretty easy to check those out actually.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Templar_Skills_List templar passives: can use sword, mace, shield, greatsword.
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Gladiator_Skills_List glad passives: can use dagger, sword, mace, shield, polearm, greatsword, bow + dual wield at lvl 20
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Cleric_Skills_List cleric passives: use mace, shield, staff
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Chanter_Skills_List chanter passives: use mace, shield, staff

Only difference is that clerics can't afford (but can equip) to use staves because enchanting staves doesn't give any extra magical damage, unlike how it does currently. Also, clerics can just use their defensive sets (or weapons) to dps because enchanting every item gives both pvp/pve dmg and pvp/pve defense.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Killing Tiamat without even going to Tiamaranta, and Beritra without even going to Katalam and Danaria where it all began, just feels wrong to me. Maybe you might call it "summarized" in a positive tone, but I call it "watered down". Yeah, you'll probably just rage at me again for "nostalgia", but force-summarizing the campaign for everyone is just wrong. One thing I really hoped I could do last time was run through the entire campaign from Poeta/Ishalgen to Tiamat to Fregion, but that dream is entirely shattered now. At the very least they could have made it a choice when you create your character to choose the full or summarized story. Now nobody can experience or re-experience the real journey anymore.

How does going to DLR and DD solo feel odd? It was the same in Tiamaranta's Eye campaign and Cygnea/Enshar campaign.

I don't mind old dungeons becoming solo, as long as they don't remove or change the side quests, which they probably did anyway.

Amen to this. Actually when I read this praise of the reworked (I call it "Hacked to Pieces") story in 6x I was horrified and would have answered this myself if you hadn't beaten me to it. Happy you did though, for as a woman my emotions tend to get the better of me when discussing what has happened to my favorite game.

And as far as the "Wings" mentioned from doing quests.  My Sorc (I only have 1 EU character for now) is level 40 and I've done every quest, and still haven't gotten any Wings.

As for the gear you get from doing quests. Yea the base stats are O- K-, if you can get past the Looks of it. While it does look okay on male characters, I always play my RL gender so, that being said all my characters on all my accounts, NA, Kor, and now more recently EU are all girls. And the outfits/gear is awful looking. Luckily, my EU Sorc. got started before 6x came into effect and they have let me continue to wear her original outfit. And, since I do give credit where credit is due there is one piece of the outfits that have gotten a change for the better, at least in the cloth version which is the lowers. I do like the cute skirts so I'm thankful for these. But come on guys, the huge collars, scarves, and other things sticking up through my characters hair has just plain gotta go!

13 hours ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

I only played though Asmo once so I can't remember but I'm sure there were awesome side stories on the Asmo side as well.

There were. Too many to list in fact. I mostly play Asmodians yet there are still two or three I haven't ran through yet because I was saving the experience for when I needed a temporary change. Now, on my NA acct. I'll have to play them so I can at least experience them once before they're lost. This is what I've mostly been doing on my NA acct; Playing through those side stories I love before their gone.

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Nope. No staffs. Mace and shield only.

Ah, Clerics will still be able to use a staff however you are not given one from doing quests. Your only given mace and shields. At least my cleric wasn't on the beta but again, she only made it to level 30 before it was closed down for the 6x release.

Clerics, behind Sorceress and Spiritmasters are my favorite class in Aion to play. So I will be creating one on my EU account soon. Providing I stay with the game after playing through the entire reworked story with my Sorc.

18 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

As for the gear you get from doing quests. Yea the base stats are O- K-, if you can get past the Looks of it. While it does look okay on male characters, I always play my RL gender so, that being said all my characters on all my accounts, NA, Kor, and now more recently EU are all girls. And the outfits/gear is awful looking. Luckily, my EU Sorc. got started before 6x came into effect and they have let me continue to wear her original outfit. And, since I do give credit where credit is due there is one piece of the outfits that have gotten a change for the better, at least in the cloth version which is the lowers. I do like the cute skirts so I'm thankful for these. But come on guys, the huge collars, scarves, and other things sticking up through my characters hair has just plain gotta go!

The outfit designs since 4.0 have deviated a lot from the original designs. Aion used to have extremely stylish and beautiful outfits. Nowadays it's all over-revealing skin, extremely short skirts, and boobs. I took a look at the skins in the broker just a few days ago when I couldn't stand the Spinel gear skin, and was disgusted by the choice because they were either plain and boring dresses or over-revealing new skins.

What happened to AMAZING skins such as this? qSKbX0z.jpg

I don't know how to describe it but it's kind of a "flowing" kind of design. I actually looked past all the new skins in broker and just used a 2.0 skin, Inggison armor set. Even coin gears look better than today's designs.

9 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

*snip*

Ah, Clerics will still be able to use a staff however you are not given one from doing quests. Your only given mace and shields. At least my cleric wasn't on the beta but again, she only made it to level 30 before it was closed down for the 6x release.

Clerics, behind Sorceress and Spiritmasters are my favorite class in Aion to play. So I will be creating one on my EU account soon. providing I stay with the game after playing through the entire reworked story with my Sorc.

I stand corrected. Just checked the base level 80 PvP staff. Clerics can hold it. It only has physical attack, however. No magical attack at all. It does have both accuracy and magical accuracy, but the complete lack of magical attack is going to make it not viable for a cleric.

Archived