Forums

Is this why NCWest is holding off 6.x?(Atk/Cast/Mvt Spd - Xform Contracts)

The Secret Cow Level

1 hour ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Instead you will have like 50k HP and 4k HP potions (or 8k HP ones if use $). Will be fun to heal up after every fight, right?

It is fun, considering the fact I’m still in dps stigmas only and did IDL, I was able to both dps in my noob PvP gear you get from quest and support my team with heavy heals. You will have more than 50k hp sure, but your heal boost is massive too. We won that IDlL against 4 stars who had their gears exchanged to legendary gear.

It’s definitely more challenging and fun in 6.2 than now in 5.8, where my gear is completely useless. Keeping it only for skin.

8 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

My two cents,   Make and Introductory NPC to the Transformation System with a 1 time Quest that awards players with a single Ancient Contract to chose from, and once you finish that quest unlocks a daily quest for 1 or 2 normal contracts.

Hey there @DevilNest-KT, Mogang Esports have done their part and passed along your suggestion to NC during our daily team meeting and many of them gasped at the sheer brilliance of it so expect it to be implemented along with 6.2. I truly hope more people can bring positive changes to 6.2 instead of focusing on the negatives like EU aion. I'll keep you all updated on any future announcements, and if you need to reach me feel free to DM me here on the forums! 

Thanks, 

Mogang Esports.

22 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

It could be it, but I’m guessing it’s something different. EU is known to have a terrible cash shop, not to mention, keeping most important in-game things in there. Korea had a better availability of the contracts on 6.0 launch through Quna, you could get like 3 per day I believe, and few scrolls too, all for free for a week or two.

If NA gets Quna, it would be better than the current bcm (not to mention there’s actually quests to farm Quna), at least in Korea the choices were vast. Either way, EU sent players a code in email to redeem for 2 free contracts, 10m kinah etc. I was lucky to get a green grade on the first try, but imagine if someone is still stuck with a white grade.

You might confuse that with NA? EU always had ingame alternatives for cash shop. Everyone, and I mean those that never paid a penny as well, had the chance to the same things if you were an active player. Farming kinah was never easier before this 6.2 update and made me hoard hundreds of GP bought from players, as a semi-casual, gaining access to all those nice items quite easy. Veteran system is great, especially that it resets every half year. I made a few accounts with a few more years of lasting veterans, just because I could, with all the kinah farmed. Or you could buy anything from broker. In the end even A grade minion was like 150m or so, GP like 140m and so on. I have lots of items that you mention are cash shop only and only played the game like everyone else.

You should take those complains with a grain of salt, there are lots of players there that never paid a penny and feel entitled, and mentioning them that might have to pay 5 euro a month for a f2p game, or buy the pack with their own kinah, is like the end of the world. I don't see players here complaining about prestige packs. On the other hand the prices for other stuff is higher on EU, same say it's better to keep people from buying stuff.

There is no quests to farm quna, at least not repeatable. Quna came constantly from having premium account or buying it with real money. The ingame quna was a joke. EU kept luna and didn't implement quna, as it was too much currencies. There will be ways to farm luna through hero trials, which got temporarily disabled as the quest and the rewards don't match with the new update. We also had luna from shugo and other event instances, also veteran rewards. I hope they keep it.

People are right to complain about 6.x update. The update seems awful. It's like one of those games where you're forced to do certain and (fewer) quests, take a certain path, go with everyone else else on the same (fewer) spots, fewer instances, use even less skills than before, have no real sense of farming anything. Everything seems bad, aside from the biger elephant  in the room which is speed and attack/cast speed. The 5.8 update, as bad as we think it was, it was a lot better than this. We already knew this will happen as many Koreans had the same reaction but another thing is to test it live. Forget cash shop or publishers, there is no update that depressed me so much.

3 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

My two cents,   Make and Introductory NPC to the Transformation System with a 1 time Quest that awards players with a single Ancient Contract to chose from, and once you finish that quest unlocks a daily quest for 1 or 2 normal contracts.

This is actually part of what I was asking Hime and Cyan for. If you have an ancient transform, the game is tolerable, so give out at least one attack/cast speed transform to players at the beginning.

6 hours ago, Pokeyy-KT said:

And that’s part of the reason people quit aion when you get retards like you with that attitude 

It seems most of the players who played NA took your advice

More people will quit if we stay in 5.8 than will quit because someone told you to shove it over your "muh nostalgia." We're getting 6.2, or we're closing. That's it. If you want your nostalgia, there are plenty of private servers to go play on. Some even have decent population. But change is happening, whether or not you're ready for it, and you can either accept it and go with it and see what they're setting up for future patches, or you can quit.

There's nothing wrong with quitting. It's when you're a salty nyerk about quitting that you're a green potato.

dude... I don't want to underestimate the intelligence of the kids still playing this... but they ALL got on the complaint  / hate train WITHOUT even understanding what transformations mean... 

WITHOUT even reading the freaking patch notes... and first thing is they go to forums to complain that it is a "core feature" of the game... 

"where are my running scrolls..."

"where's my attack speed... "

"waaahh.. waaahh.. waahhh"

Like whining babies... it's annoying...

it's especially annoying because EVERY SINGLE THING that they ask for is already there IN THE GAME... not in the cash shop... not in the cuna or kinah shop... it's IN THE GAME EXISTING... IN THEIR INVENTORIES!

If they actually open their inventories... (and actually read the converted items description...) before writing non-sense in the forums... things would be so much easier...

And one more negligible, little, tiny, insignificant, minuscule spec of information... that all of the kids missed

Once you get the infamous, all-so-hated, super-mega-pay2win transformation contract... you get them FOR LIFE! Until the end of your gaming experience and the end of the universe... you have it FOREVER... and no one can take this great achievement from you...

Now ask yourself... do YOU really want to have +45% atk speed and +60% running speed (FOR LIFE) just a few days into the new patch? Do you really need these stats... FROM DAY 1???

That's the real question... because the way the koreans decided to change their game is that NO TWO people on the server would ever have the same atk / cast speed and running speed.... It will always be different and someone would always run 3% faster... or make 10 more autos on the boss.... because he had 5% more atk speed...

And you know what... in the make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL... 

That 3-5% slower and faster means absolutely nothing... even if you PvP against some 15 minutes non-stop... it would still mean nothing...

You can only notice a difference if one person has green contract.. and the other has purple... everything else is irrelevant...

And trust me even 1 or 2 months into the new patch NOBODY would have purple transformation... NO BO DY

It's exactly the same case (if you remember back before 5.0) there used to be general gear, commander gear, governor gear, etc... Gear that actually existed in the game.. and gave you crazy stats... but NOBODY actually ever had it...or used it... that's the realilty of something that exists but you would never ever really get

Out of the 5 people that get lucky to obtain purple contracts after 1-2 months, I guarantee you, you would never ever meet or see or hear about any these players for as long as you play.. it's that rare...

You DON'T NEED to run around and jump like a crazy squirrel while doing PvP... the game is freaking TAB TARGETTING... none of this matter... you would always be in range for that juicy 4K DP skill... that is the reality you play in even before 6.x

1 hour ago, Nymphala-DN said:

dude... I don't want to underestimate the intelligence of the kids still playing this... but they ALL got on the complaint  / hate train WITHOUT even understanding what transformations mean... 

WITHOUT even reading the freaking patch notes... and first thing is they go to forums to complain that it is a "core feature" of the game... 

it's especially annoying because EVERY SINGLE THING that they ask for is already there IN THE GAME... not in the cash shop... not in the cuna or kinah shop... it's IN THE GAME EXISTING... IN THEIR INVENTORIES!

If they actually open their inventories... (and actually read the converted items description...) before writing non-sense in the forums... things would be so much easier...

And one more negligible, little, tiny, insignificant, minuscule spec of information... that all of the kids missed

Once you get the infamous, all-so-hated, super-mega-pay2win transformation contract... you get them FOR LIFE! Until the end of your gaming experience and the end of the universe... you have it FOREVER... and no one can take this great achievement from you...

Now ask yourself... do YOU really want to have +45% atk speed and +60% running speed (FOR LIFE) just a few days into the new patch? Do you really need these stats... FROM DAY 1???

That's the real question... because the way the koreans decided to change their game is that NO TWO people on the server would ever have the same atk / cast speed and running speed.... It will always be different and someone would always run 3% faster... or make 10 more autos on the boss.... because he had 5% more atk speed...

That 3-5% slower and faster means absolutely nothing... even if you PvP against some 15 minutes non-stop... it would still mean nothing...

You can only notice a difference if one person has green contract.. and the other has purple... everything else is irrelevant...

And trust me even 1 or 2 months into the new patch NOBODY would have purple transformation... NO BO DY

It's exactly the same case (if you remember back before 5.0) there used to be general gear, commander gear, governor gear, etc... Gear that actually existed in the game.. and gave you crazy stats... but NOBODY actually ever had it...or used it... that's the realilty of something that exists but you would never ever really get

Out of the 5 people that get lucky to obtain purple contracts after 1-2 months, I guarantee you, you would never ever meet or see or hear about any these players for as long as you play.. it's that rare...

You DON'T NEED to run around and jump like a crazy squirrel while doing PvP... the game is freaking TAB TARGETTING... none of this matter... you would always be in range for that juicy 4K DP skill... that is the reality you play in even before 6.x

While I don't necessarily disagree with you in that I think the prices korea have set for the xform scroll prices are absolutely reasonable, certain levels of complaint is still reasonable/understandable. 

The bottom line is, robbing players of things such as movement and attack/cast speed that has been around since the beginning of the game is not a smart business move. Yes, those things are a CORE aspect of this game. One of the best quality of aion is its fast paced, no gcd pace of combat. 

You need the gold level xform to reach the same level of speed/attackspeed that people have at this moment, and if access to that level of xform is solely gated behind a paywall, no matter how reasonable the price is, isn't acceptable and will surely fail. And no, being able to buy 1 scroll a week like eu does not give you a realistic chance of getting a gold level xform. To put into perspective, the average amount of scrolls you need for 1 gold xform is 45-55. 

Both korea and taiwan had an event day 1 of 6.2 launch, where if you log in for 30 days straight and buy the free coin in the shop, you're able to purchase 1 GUARANTEED gold level xform scroll (its rng which xform you get still). 

That event is absolutely necessary for NA, so I hope ncwest pays close attention to what took place in other regions and not make the same critical mistakes within this region. I would like to think the long ass delay for us is for this reason alone, and not because they fired everyone in the office so theres just 1 poor intern trying to transition the patch. 

6 minutes ago, Steel-KT said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with you in that I think the prices korea have set for the xform scroll prices are absolutely reasonable, certain levels of complaint is still reasonable/understandable. 

The bottom line is, robbing players of things such as movement and attack/cast speed that has been around since the beginning of the game is not a smart business move. Yes, those things are a CORE aspect of this game. One of the best quality of aion is its fast paced, no gcd pace of combat. 

You need the gold level xform to reach the same level of speed/attackspeed that people have at this current 5.8 patch, and if access to that level of xform is solely gated behind a paywall, no matter how reasonable the price is, isn't acceptable and will surely fail. And no, being able to buy 1 scroll a week like eu does not give you a realistic chance of getting a gold level xform. To put into perspective, the average amount of scrolls you need for 1 gold xform is 45-55. 

Both korea and taiwan had an event day 1 of 6.2 launch, where if you log in for 30 days straight and buy the free coin in the shop, you're able to purchase 1 GUARANTEED gold level xform scroll (its rng which xform you get still). 

That event is absolutely necessary for NA, so I hope ncwest pays close attention to what took place in other regions and not make the same critical mistakes within this region. I would like to think the long ass delay for us is for this reason alone, and not because they fired everyone in the office so theres just 1 poor intern trying to transition the patch. 

8 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

People are right to complain about 6.x update. The update seems awful. It's like one of those games where you're forced to do certain and (fewer) quests, take a certain path, go with everyone else else on the same (fewer) spots, fewer instances, use even less skills than before, have no real sense of farming anything. Everything seems bad, aside from the biger elephant  in the room which is speed and attack/cast speed. The 5.8 update, as bad as we think it was, it was a lot better than this. We already knew this will happen as many Koreans had the same reaction but another thing is to test it live. Forget cash shop or publishers, there is no update that depressed me so much.

Sorry quoted myself on accident on the previous reply. 

idk, I don't think anything can be worse than the 5.x patches. The elemental xforms ruined the pvp aspect. The maps were rift based, so open world pvp is just camping each other's bases with a zerg. The pvp instances had no real incentive so people don't que. Powercreep was through the roof and with the help of minions such as sheba/kromede, people can straight up ignore skill mechanics and just 3 shot someone off the bat. 

6.2 is still a skeleton, they can always improve upon it. The map is good, no flight pvp is good, no flight siege is good. 1 Main ground siege is good. Pvp instances with real incentives for people to que is good. weekly camps similar to bloodmarks is good. There are alot of positives. 

On 9/22/2018 at 3:17 PM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Threads on Gameforge Aion ENG forums appears to be very negative about the patch due to Transformation Contracts

Here's the thing about 6.2. It has a patch that has potential, but what you need to keep in mind (and what @Cyan and the others have hopefully probably noticed by now) is that, unlike the updates we have received over the years, 6.2 is a patch that needs to be localized not only in text but also when it comes to its contents. EU as it is now is a prime example of what happens when this is not done.

Let's put the trailers aside for a moment and see 6.x for what it truly is. 6.0/6.2 is a change in KR Aion's business model, the manifestation of their move from subscription-based to Free-To-Play. Features such as the Transformation Contracts, Quna (stat re-rolls, instant respawns) -- it's all in place to cover for the change in business model. KR 6.0/6.2 is also all about reeling in new players, which you can see in everything: the simplified leveling/progression, the pretty graphics in the starting zones, and especially the whole cutesy or chibi aspect. If you're somewhat familiar with Korean MMOs and culture you'll know that the whole "cute miniature toons with giant eyes" and/or dressing up part (as e.g. cute animals - hello transformations) is pretty big over there.

Now, here in NA/EU things are different. Aion has been f2p for ages, so 6.0/6.2 is mainly about attracting returning/veteran players rather than new ones. New KR players might not know what they missed out on (e.g. movement/atk/cast speed) but over here, where so many have played Aion since 2.0 or even before that, each of these changes is felt a tenfold times over. Or how about appearances? Western players generally seem to more into "realistic" characters, with normal proportions at least some sort of investment in looks. So the idea of constantly running around while being dressed up as animals doesn't exactly gain ground either.

There's plenty of room for mitigating the initial 6.2 impact. NCWest could look into adding move/atk/cast speed as guaranteed rolls on ancient/leveling gear (make the game feel somewhat more familiar), make transparency contracts available very cheaply, add a whole lot more in-game sources for transformations contracts (or ideally, just disable this system altogether. Really, it's whack), add weekly quests that give some free Quna so free players can also attempt at least some stat re-rolls, and so on.

tl;dr Gameforge jumped the shark because they wanted to beat NA to 6.0/6.2, but either didn't really understand what they had or simply didn't care for it and let their greed run wild. If NCSoft truly wants to they still can still avoid the scenario our EU friends now found themselves in, and make the 6.2 positives outweigh the negatives. Do some tweaks and I'm pretty sure you'll have a decent patch, a decent playerbase, and a decent to good income.

17 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

While the game should be good in theory, it feels worse than before when you play it. However, more or less of a joke but this is why you will see a lot more complains on the EU forum:

L6eZPtM.jpg

16 hours ago, Steel-KT said:

NCWest doesn't have the power to decide. It all comes from South Korea HQ. Even for a publisher like GF or Innova the final export version of the game is decided by KR.

Archived