The Ultimate Introduction to Chanters [PVE, PVP]

Yak-KT

7 hours ago, LadyDevimon-KR said:

Maybe the vision stigma needs...

Linked. LINKED. 07.gif

As for Protection Ward, it is not only a group shield. It also increases recovery rate. If I had lack of Essence to get that skill, I would dump all my investment on primary stats just for that skill.

3 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

Are you referring to how it switches to the entire group instead of just myself? I've been waffling back and forth on "purchasing" this, but I'm not sure if it's worth the 25CP sacrifice. (I'm only level 71, so I don't have a ton of CP yet.) Is it worth it?

of course it is. You get 50% extra healing boost, silence resist, stumble resist, 1000 magic suppression and 50% damage reduction

Empyrean Providence and Protection Ward are both the best group shields  of this game

9 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

Are you referring to how it switches to the entire group instead of just myself? I've been waffling back and forth on "purchasing" this, but I'm not sure if it's worth the 25CP sacrifice. (I'm only level 71, so I don't have a ton of CP yet.) Is it worth it?

The Archdaeva protective ward is broken to be honest. It's so stacked with things. Just reducing damage is good enough, but the fact that it gives stumble/silence/MS and boosts healing by a whopping 50% is nuts. 
But it's unlikely you can unlock it at 71. It requires 180? CP to unlock which is very hard to get unless you're level 74 or have lots of essence cores.

14 hours ago, Yec-SL said:

But it's unlikely you can unlock it at 71. It requires 180? CP to unlock which is very hard to get unless you're level 74 or have lots of essence cores.

Yep. I got home and was like "I'm gonna get this! ... Nope, not gonna get this." lol Oh well, I'll get it eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

There is not a cap per say, it is just that the more of a primary stat you have, the less of its respective secondary stats you will get from each new point. So, eventually, you reach a moment in which it is more effective to socket regular manastones instead, because the returning amount from primary stats is less than, for example, an Attack +5 manastone. That point is what we consider the "cap".

Momo created a calculator for it. Its a spreadsheet on Google docs, just look up "5.5 CP Calculator".

Majority agree that 75AP gear is best for MR set, is there much difference between 75AP and 70AP, MR or pvp defense wise? I have 70AP boxes from event in my warehouse inventory covered with dusts, and was planning to use it for my chanter but not sure if it’s worthy...

Yes there is a difference. Both in terms of stats and in terms of PVP defense. This is especially important for MR, as every point of MR matters in the end towards aiming for the 50% resist cap.

Using the 70a is never advised at this point as you don't break gear anymore. It's only use is to upgrade it to 75 at +10 (which is cheaper than buying 75 outright I think).

Even if you're lower than 75 you can level reduction if you want. But if you're thinking of getting AP gear you're probably higher leveled than 70 anyway.

2 hours ago, Yec-SL said:

Yes there is a difference. Both in terms of stats and in terms of PVP defense. This is especially important for MR, as every point of MR matters in the end towards aiming for the 50% resist cap.

Using the 70a is never advised at this point as you don't break gear anymore. It's only use is to upgrade it to 75 at +10 (which is cheaper than buying 75 outright I think).

Even if you're lower than 75 you can level reduction if you want. But if you're thinking of getting AP gear you're probably higher leveled than 70 anyway.

Aw darn! Maybe i should just sell it or broker it and who knows someone might buy it. Thanks for the tips ;)

• 1 month later...

Just posting because I've recieved some messages on both reddit and the forums about some stuff that maybe wasn't covered.

One of the reoccuring questions is regards to a sort of hybrid set, as it can be hard to get all the gear you want. In which case, they ask which would be best to go for first, or some sort of all around set.

The answer to that comes in a short answer and a long answer. The short one is a HP block set, as that will both work as a block set and make you artificially tanky against magic classes with your defensives. The longer answer is that hyrbid sets are not good and you want multiple sets, in which case strike resist will probably be the better first set as it counters melee more effectively than block can against top geared players who can easily get accuracy numbers to the same amount of block you have, but will (obviously) be less effective in the mean time as you try to get some sort of magic defensive setup.

Secondly, someone had a discussion with me about the role of chanters in PVE content, and how most of it can be solo healed with a cleric now. This is entierly true; but since you can just use a PvP setup as an offensive setup, and you can now gear swap entire sets, you should just be doing whats needed. A chanter can solo heal most content as well if they wanted to, so you can do damage or heal. Your damage numbers wont be anywhere near a sin or gladiator or sorcerer so it's just less imperitive to become the godking of DPS than it is to be able to fulfill the support role which is generally always useful. 

Sorry for the newb question here, But where do you get stigma stones for support. i'm only level 63 atm and the only wayI can see to get them is to buy them on the broker which is crazy expensive, healing burst and blessing of rock are 75mil plus. Am i missing something here??

19 hours ago, Xygoz-DN said:

Sorry for the newb question here, But where do you get stigma stones for support. i'm only level 63 atm and the only wayI can see to get them is to buy them on the broker which is crazy expensive, healing burst and blessing of rock are 75mil plus. Am i missing something here??

All of mine were purchased on the broker. However, there are also events that give them out -- but then, it's randomized, so you might end up with a gunslinger stigma from the event which you would then have to put up on the broker to sell. (You could use the kinah you make from the gunner stigma to buy the chanter stigma.) But yeah, short answer is you're going to need to just buy them over time if you don't have all of the kinah right now.

Archived